Ann Budge

Meadows

7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

What good work would be undone by booting Levein right out the door?

We'll never know until it happens.

First thing though is that a new manager will want his own players, his own philosophy etc and that will almost certainly cost money we would not wish to spend at this stage.  There would be no guarantee that someone else would improve things and the cost of change could be a total waste of money.  Much better to wait until the imminent take-over by FoH and make whatever changes we think fit then. 

The caveat to all of that is that if we are in a bad state by say the end of October we may be forced to change and let the devil take the hindmost.

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The Academy only becomes a success once players such as Hickey and Irving are subject to big money transfers until then these guys are just a group of promising youngsters.

Why is transferring players for money a measure of success? Success to me is a home grown team competing for trophies.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Why is transferring players for money a measure of success? Success to me is a home grown team competing for trophies.

It shouldn’t be, Geoff, but it seems to be the way. It’s always been the way, in reality. I’ve lost count of the players we’ve sold over many years, thinking what could have been if we were to keep hold of them.

13 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It would be nice to be able to retain the best young players but ultimately we like most Scottish clubs are a selling club and like it or not players are tempted to try their luck down south.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

So you don't like Levein and whether he's doing well or badly is incidental.

It's something personal?

How can it be ‘personal’ if I don’t know the guy? Pretty stupid comment. However, you are correct in that am not a fan of CL generally! I also didn’t like being treated like an imbecile by AB with her explanation of how/why he was appointed. If anyone is still swallowing the lines constantly trotted our by AB and CL about the football side of things, more the fool them. 

Edited by bobskeldon

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It would be nice to be able to retain the best young players but ultimately we like most Scottish clubs are a selling club and like it or not players are tempted to try their luck down south.

I accept that but having the bulk of our first team as home grown talent would be a true success. Auxerre under Guy Roux were always a great example of this.

33 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

We'll never know until it happens.

First thing though is that a new manager will want his own players, his own philosophy etc and that will almost certainly cost money we would not wish to spend at this stage.  There would be no guarantee that someone else would improve things and the cost of change could be a total waste of money.  Much better to wait until the imminent take-over by FoH and make whatever changes we think fit then. 

The caveat to all of that is that if we are in a bad state by say the end of October we may be forced to change and let the devil take the hindmost.

I'm pretty confident,  in fact I'm sure, that were the job to be advertised , we would be inundated with top class candidates that would be delighted to be, and capable of,  working with the players already at the club. It's a myth that a new manager always wants their own players. No doubt one or two will be surplus to requirements and will be replaced in time but why would that cost any more than Levein's ongoing spending spree that has seen about 35 new players arrive in the last 2 years??

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

43 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's amazing how the admin defence is rolled out as a last resort. What admin has to do with a debt-free club with close to 13K ST holders is beyond me.

Agreed Geoff.  Seems to be a comfort blanket for some, in defence of our poor performance. 

3 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Never missed a match during the Championship season. No I did renew BUT handed it back the day CL was appointed. hope this clarifies things for you.

So your gripe is with him as manager ?

Doesn't clarify anything for me .

I still think it's strange behaviour if true.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

So your gripe is with him as manager ?

Doesn't clarify anything for me .

I still think it's strange behaviour if true.

I’d never stop going to see the Hearts no matter who was in charge - Levein, Cathro or even someone from Kickback 

It is worrying the amount of people who are talking about suspending/cancelling their Foh subs on the back of disappointing period In the first team footballing department. If that is all it takes then the whole thing isnt sustainable. These payments should NOT be dependent on results or your own personal feelings towards owners/management. They should be based on your loyality and love for the club go protect for future generations.  

Get a ****ing grip lads. 

22 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I accept that but having the bulk of our first team as home grown talent would be a true success. Auxerre under Guy Roux were always a great example of this.

That's fanatsy island stuff Geoff. It would be nice to do but very unlikely.

3 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

What will Ann Budge's legacy be?.......Plaudits for putting the club on a firm financial footing, great development and infrastructure.....All fine and noteworthy. Now the sad bit.....Failure to identify, deal with the main product of the club....The football!

Ann, you conned the fans when you said after trying for 4-weeks to recruit a new head coach "How silly of me, we had the right man here all along, Craig Levein!".....How many sensible people genually believed that as an open and frank comment?

Then we get her latest soundbite on the BBC...just in the lead up to a difficult away game in Glasgow......Is it a deliberate snipe at the fans?

There seems to be some siege mentallity at Tynecastle with the owner protecting those who are most culpable, yet seemingly happy to attack her paying public in an underhand fashion.

Ann you are culpable for the downward spiral in the football department. Your apparent lack of ambition on the footballing side of the business will see your popularity fall.....What will it take for you to see where the biggest problem lies?

Does it start when the support start screaming out your name more that Craig Levein's? 

She won't be reading this.  You should send her a letter.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

That's fanatsy island stuff Geoff. It would be nice to do but very unlikely.

Maybe so but if the academy produced 11 Irvings, say, that would be a pretty good team.

2 hours ago, Hercules said:

Levein is an arrogant prick who has no regard for the supporters. Budge’s head is so far up his arse now, she’s showing the same disregard. I’m suspending my FOH payments until he’s gone. I can’t believe I’m doing it, but I’ve had enough of his smart arse comments before and after our defeats. 

My auld man and I were discussing this. Also that Budge could lose many FoH contributors due to her loyalty to Levein and her crackdown on fans who try to generate a bit of atmosphere. 

8 minutes ago, graygo said:

She won't be reading this.  You should send her a letter.

Not the worst idea.  Budge will ban him from Tynecastle and he wont have to watch that eye bleeding garbage anymore.

40 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

How can it be ‘personal’ if I don’t know the guy? Pretty stupid comment. However, you are correct in that am not a fan of CL generally! I also didn’t like being treated like an imbecile by AB with her explanation of how/why he was appointed. If anyone is still swallowing the lines constantly trotted our by AB and CL about the football side of things, more the fool them. 

I think you are honking stupid.  I didn't say it was personal.  I asked a question.

Why are you so arrogant that you think AB is treating you like an imbecile?  You don't half go OTT.    HOW CAN SHE TREAT YOU AS AN IMBECILE IF SHE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW YOU?

Do you think she should have asked you first before she appointed CL.  She is giving an explanation which you either accept or decline.  No need for the drama queen performance.

Edited by JamboAl

17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

It is worrying the amount of people who are talking about suspending/cancelling their Foh subs on the back of disappointing period In the first team footballing department. If that is all it takes then the whole thing isnt sustainable. These payments should NOT be dependent on results or your own personal feelings towards owners/management. They should be based on your loyality and love for the club go protect for future generations.  

Get a ****ing grip lads. 

Come on, how many are talking about stopping their payments? a handful?  That doesn't make it unsustainable.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's amazing how the admin defence is rolled out as a last resort. What admin has to do with a debt-free club with close to 13K ST holders is beyond me.

Maybe you should also visit Bolton and Bury.

Levein is an arrogant prick who has no regard for the supporters. Budge’s head is so far up his arse now, she’s showing the same disregard. I’m suspending my FOH payments until he’s gone. I can’t believe I’m doing it, but I’ve had enough of his smart arse comments before and after our defeats. 

received_2360479357545739.thumb.jpeg.8e97532cf1cba3377f9e43d1c43a8375.jpeg

14 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Because it is the reality of the situation. 

Correct but that doesn't mean we all have to turn up like wee sheep every week sometimes drastic situations call for drastic measures if people start voting with their feet we no longer become a profitable organization so then she'll have to do something.

15 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

received_2360479357545739.thumb.jpeg.8e97532cf1cba3377f9e43d1c43a8375.jpeg

He’s probably never paid a bean in the first place.

Obviously doesn’t understand Foundation of Hearts.

We believe you 😀😀😀😀

9 minutes ago, andi17 said:

Correct but that doesn't mean we all have to turn up like wee sheep every week sometimes drastic situations call for drastic measures if people start voting with their feet we no longer become a profitable organization so then she'll have to do something.

Well don't turn up - no one is forcing you.  You can come back later with the other fair weather supporters.

Big nappy change needed here as Baby Hercules has shat and pished himself. 

47 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Get a ****ing grip lads. 

It's quite pathetic to do it on the back of poor reaults but in fairness what you've written is only your opinion. For me, FOH was about saving the club and delivering fan ownership. Once fan ownership is delivered I may continue to pledge, or I may not. I haven't decided yet.

10 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Well don't turn up - no one is forcing you.  You can come back later with the other fair weather supporters.

Call them what you will, but the fact of the matter is, if results don’t improve, people will swerve games. That’s ST holders and walk ups. 

I’ve seen it before, maybe you have too, playing shite and people not being able to give their STs away for games. End of the 2008 season being a good example.

We have a whole season in front of us of course. Hopefully won’t be as bad as that.

Think we finished 8th. The football on offer was shite.

30 minutes ago, andi17 said:

So are you going to stop going to games?

Levein should have been sacked (in my

opinion) after the Livingston embarrassment. I’ve gone to far less games in the last two years because of the performances/style of play. 

That said, cutting off funds to the FOH on the back of poor form is ridiculous & does no good at all. 

30 minutes ago, Boab said:

Call them what you will, but the fact of the matter is, if results don’t improve, people will swerve games. That’s ST holders and walk ups. 

I’ve seen it before, maybe you have too, playing shite and people not being able to give their STs away for games. End of the 2008 season being a good example.

We have a whole season in front of us of course. Hopefully won’t be as bad as that.

Think we finished 8th. The football on offer was shite.

That's their prerogative.  They can please themselves.  No one is saying otherwise.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Hercules said:

Bye now. 😀😀

47 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Big nappy change needed here as Baby Hercules has shat and pished himself. 

:rofl:

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

That's their prerogative.  They can please themselves.  No one is saying otherwise.

Fair enough.

We probably have a different definition of what constitutes a fair weather fan.

I wouldn’t put a pissed off ST holder in that bracket, is all !

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Fair enough.

We probably have a different definition of what constitutes a fair weather fan.

I wouldn’t put a pissed off ST holder in that bracket, is all !

I am a ST holder and would like results to be better.

Can you tell me what difference it would make to results if I stayed away?

You can change the manager if you wish but you'll have no guarantee results will improve nor the quality of football and you're back to square one with a pay-off bill that was unnecessary.  I'd rather go along, support the team and I'm sure they'll turn the corner soon.  Like a barren striker, just one goal and he's off and running.

Leveins Battalion

Whilst being eternally grateful to Anne Budge for everything she has done for our club her latest interview was utter tripe.The whole "pile of fans" chat was a little condescending.

Her view of Craig Levein should of been as a manager,that's his job now.Taken in isolation his return to management has been a nightmare,once a board and management lose the fanbase its curtains.

42 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I am a ST holder and would like results to be better.

Can you tell me what difference it would make to results if I stayed away?

You can change the manager if you wish but you'll have no guarantee results will improve nor the quality of football and you're back to square one with a pay-off bill that was unnecessary.  I'd rather go along, support the team and I'm sure they'll turn the corner soon.  Like a barren striker, just one goal and he's off and running.

I’m not sure the corner will be turned though. I hope it is but the worry is, if it doesn’t, people will vote with their feet. It has always been so. The club couldn’t ignore it.

4 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

Exactly, does my post need translated into 

phonics?

No I think you need some other kind of assistance

28 minutes ago, Boab said:

I’m not sure the corner will be turned though. I hope it is but the worry is, if it doesn’t, people will vote with their feet. It has always been so. The club couldn’t ignore it.

What does vote with their feet mean?

Many weren't going to renew their STs this season but that fell flat (all wind and pish) and the new 3rd strip was a sell-out.

All this stupid, empty rhetoric but no substance.

What does it actually mean?

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What does vote with their feet mean?

Many weren't going to renew their STs this season but that fell flat (all wind and pish) and the new 3rd strip was a sell-out.

All this stupid, empty rhetoric but no substance.

What does it actually mean?

It means people not turning up for games, regardless of whether they’ve paid up or not. I can’t really put it any other way.

You must go to Tynecastle with your eyes closed as, over the many years i’ve been going to Tynecastle, crowds have fluctuated according to how we are faring.

Granted, in recent years, the support has stayed largely loyal but there has also been many games where the figure given was way over how many people were in the ground. That’s how they do it now, fair enough.

If our form was below average in the coming months, you would need to be a fantasist to believe we would have 16k in the ground. The figure might say 15k but it would be no where near it.

As I say, i’ve seen it countless times over the years. Let’s just hope we don’t have to test out this in the coming months.

Incidentally, what the 3rd strip has to do with this, i’ve no idea.

4 minutes ago, Boab said:

It means people not turning up for games, regardless of whether they’ve paid up or not. I can’t really put it any other way.

You must go to Tynecastle with your eyes closed as, over the many years i’ve been going to Tynecastle, crowds have fluctuated according to how we are faring.

Granted, in recent years, the support has stayed largely loyal but there has also been many games where the figure given was way over how many people were in the ground. That’s how they do it now, fair enough.

If our form was below average in the coming months, you would need to be a fantasist to believe we would have 16k in the ground. The figure might say 15k but it would be no where near it.

As I say, i’ve seen it countless times over the years. Let’s just hope we don’t have to test out this in the coming months.

Incidentally, what the 3rd strip has to do with this, i’ve no idea.

The highlighted phrase is correct if nothing else.

People don't attend games for a variety of reasons eg weddings, funerals, holidays, the car has broken down, train/bus strike etc etc but you presumably have conducted a survey of non-attenders and have established they all didn't turn up in protest.  Is that right?

As regards the 3rd strip I'll try to break down this down and take it step by step.  If someone was very peed off with the club, do you think they would be racing along to fill their coffers with merchandise purchases?  It's a funny way of voting with their feet.

25 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The highlighted phrase is correct if nothing else.

People don't attend games for a variety of reasons eg weddings, funerals, holidays, the car has broken down, train/bus strike etc etc but you presumably have conducted a survey of non-attenders and have established they all didn't turn up in protest.  Is that right?

As regards the 3rd strip I'll try to break down this down and take it step by step.  If someone was very peed off with the club, do you think they would be racing along to fill their coffers with merchandise purchases?  It's a funny way of voting with their feet.

Don’t know why I even started tbh. You can’t have a debate without a sly wee dig at posters across the board.

Petty.

I’ve been to many games where the crowd has been down because we were playing shite. 

Or maybe they were all at the one ****ing wedding !

****ing hell !

I’m out. 

40 minutes ago, Boab said:

Don’t know why I even started tbh. You can’t have a debate without a sly wee dig at posters across the board.

Petty.

I’ve been to many games where the crowd has been down because we were playing shite. 

****ing hell !

I’m out. 

In fairness I have yet to see a significant (and by that I mean visibly noticeable over a period of time) drop in attendances because of performances. It’s more to do with opposition. Understandably we won’t sell out or get close when playing lower league position teams and opposite when Hibs, OF etc come round.

There will be times when we have played rubbish (a lot recently) then play a less glamorous opponent so the gate goes down. This is possibly what is leading you to your conclusion?

7 hours ago, Boab said:

If that’s the case, why the call from AB for “ self-policing ? “

Because the CCTV wasn't adequate at that time.

27 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

In fairness I have yet to see a significant (and by that I mean visibly noticeable over a period of time) drop in attendances because of performances. It’s more to do with opposition. Understandably we won’t sell out or get close when playing lower league position teams and opposite when Hibs, OF etc come round.

There will be times when we have played rubbish (a lot recently) then play a less glamorous opponent so the gate goes down. This is possibly what is leading you to your conclusion?

Of course. It’s all relative. 

If we are playing gash, some people will think twice about rolling up for a game against St Johnstone on a Wed night.

That’s the only point I was making. It might say 15k but it won’t be !

They’ll still turn up for a derby.

Edited by Boab

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Petty.

****ing hell !

I’m out. 

It's as petty as your constant carping.

And BTW I didn't say they were all at one wedding but you go ahead and keep making up nonsense.

Did you do a survey of those who didn't attend these "many games" or are you assuming that to suit your negative agenda?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

It's as petty as your constant carping.

And BTW I didn't say they were all at one wedding but you go ahead and keep making up nonsense.

Did you do a survey of those who didn't attend these "many games" or are you assuming that to suit your negative agenda?

Feckin four weddings and a funeral over here !

Aye, ok !

sandylejambo

this year I bit the bullet because I get quality time with my son and grandson, if this season is like last season I am done with it, getting angry because of the lack of effort and entertainment dose not make for a happy time with the boys,  I will for sure next time tell them to shove it, they have taken me for granted for the last time they can F 0ff, I'm pretty sure that's what voting with your feet means.