• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

rip van tinkle
1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Surely the solid business base is a platform on which to create a successful team.

FOH contributors are not doing this to see a solid business model, they are doing it to see a competitive winning team on the park, the club being financially secure should be a by -product of this.

The fact that teams with considerably inferior budgets are consistently out performing us over a lengthy period has to be a worry, along with the style of football which is not popular and driving fans away.

WE seem to have our structure upside down at the moment.

We are first and foremost a football club that should be our number one priority

What a load o pish, inferior budget teams are not out performing us over a lengthy period? We contribute to FOH for one reason - to keep our club in existence 

Toxteth O'Grady
Just now, rip van tinkle said:

What a load o pish, inferior budget teams are not out performing us over a lengthy period? We contribute to FOH for one reason - to keep our club in existence 

Maybe not but a collection of inferior teams have been beating us for a long time p

39 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Most owners of clubs are.

And fans.

I believe we have a significant number in our fan base who think they could run Hearts better than Ann Budge.

Dagger Is Back

Really admire Ann and grateful for her stewardship, and for giving US the opportunity to save the club. 

Today sadly was a throw away. Assessing the situation after the first round of games will do for me 

No more excuses about injuries, he’s got cover in every position.

If he has delivered what AB has asked him to do then in my mind, as an ordinary supporter, she’s set the bar far too low.

We can’t continue to give CL breathing space regardless of his status as one of the clubs great player and regardless of his feelings for the club.

He’s got 8 games. Can’t wait to read Ann’s statement part 2 but it better not be used as an excuse to extend CLs tenure if things don’t pick up

rip van tinkle
15 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Maybe not but a collection of inferior teams have been beating us for a long time p

Correct TO’G,  most teams out with the old firm suffer a similar fate.  

2 minutes ago, jambobob61 said:

Wrong, I'd rather have a team worthy of supporting, no mention there of only winning in case you are too thick!

Not thick at all pal . Happy to take an IQ test with you any time. You are the one that has no cohesive plan.

annushorribilis III
1 hour ago, Iamborg said:

She offered Levein a 2 year extension back in April . . so these latest comments come as no surprise .

Weird. Offering CL a contract extension when, by her own words, she's only "now" doing a review of the "football department".  Looks like we shouldn't anticipate  regime change even at the  end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Boab said:

The reality of the situation is we need to start winning some games. If we don’t, people aren’t going to turn up...ST or walk up. 

Simply, people won’t accept it. They’ll vote with their feet.

Some will turn up some won’t. Same as every other club we have our share of fair weather fans who are only interested when we are winning. 

5 hours ago, JamboAl said:

The oracle has spoken.  Your usual ill-thought out pish.

There would be no point in having a team if you didn't have revenue sources or a stadium.

If you don't believe me pay a quick visit to Bolton or Bury.

I agree Hearts are the way forward as far as Stadium upgrades etc go for sides have a chance making it back to a decent level after facing a near extinction event. £15-16M was spent in last 18 months. The FOH are to beholded by other fans as an inspirational organised group backed by the generous 8k Jambo's. Good lucky to Bury and whoever falls victim to the auditors. I would imagine a benefactor will supply cash to upgrade us winter window January 2020.

Edited by AJAMBO

Toxteth O'Grady
34 minutes ago, rip van tinkle said:

Correct TO’G,  most teams out with the old firm suffer a similar fate.  

Really who? Struggled against East Fife, Cowdenbeath Ross County and haven’t won a league game since???

NaturalOrder74

Two home wins and a derby win and we’ll be fine anything less than that and then it would be unbelievable if he keeps his job 

vincent vega
4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Annie nae clue

4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Annie nae clue

Good input. Straight to the point.

It just seems she is out of touch with the feelings and mood of the support at present.

49 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Some will turn up some won’t. Same as every other club we have our share of fair weather fans who are only interested when we are winning. 

I’m talking about ST holders. I’ve seen it many times over the years. Crowd given is nothing like the actual numbers in the stadium.

I wouldn’t call ST holders fair weather fans.

Fact is though, if we’re playing shit, people will swerve it.

1 hour ago, rip van tinkle said:

6th two years running mate  that's whats pish

And yeh we do contribute to keep our club running - its a football club first and only

8 minutes ago, farin said:

This will surely come back to haunt her, if results don’t get better very soon.. 

488EB7C7-DE5D-442B-A610-47E4AFE8EAD5.thumb.jpeg.839f1a54dd979621fd4f54aa39285684.jpeg

She's certainly made it a bit difficult for herself here. If things nosedive further over the next 6 weeks then she's going to look mighty silly if she decides to sack him.

I like her and I get that she's only trying to publicly get behind the manager but she's gone to far here IMO. 

Edited by jambogemz

Part of AB's statement reads

"There's a pile of supporters who don't agree with me on this, but I think he's done a really good job in terms of what I asked him do," she told BBC Scotland.

"Now he's doing the manager's job, but in terms of everything else that he's built, we have an infrastructure on the football side that I think is second to none. That is really good for moving forward."

Is she really backing him in the Managers role.?

She compliments every other part of the football side, except his role as Manager? She doesn't say "Now he is doing well in the Managers job"

Thoughts?

Toxteth O'Grady
14 minutes ago, merrymac said:

"There's a pile of supporters who don't agree with me on this, but I think he's done a really good job in terms of what I asked him do," she told BBC Scotland.

"Now he's doing the manager's job, but in terms of everything else that he's built, we have an infrastructure on the football side that I think is second to none. That is really good for moving forward."

She compliments every other part of the football side, except his role as Manager? She doesn't say "Now he is doing well in the Managers job"

Thoughts?

What the hell did she ask him to do? 

6 minutes ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

What the hell did she ask him to do? 

Assume she is referring to DOF /Academy work??

How often has a manager had a vote of confidence then been bumped a couple of weeks later? 

Ann’s a professional and  would not publicly hang a manager out to dry. She may talk to Levein privately and say results need to improve very quickly or you have to resign. 

3 hours ago, Iamborg said:

She offered Levein a 2 year extension back in April . . so these latest comments come as no surprise .

Surely not?? Had she been on the cooking sherry??

1 hour ago, merrymac said:

Thoughts?

She tells us she knows nothing about football but then says we have an infrastructure now in place that is second to none. How on earth does she know this? What did she ask CL to put in place?

16 minutes ago, Katz said:

Time for her to go? I think so. 

Yup , i suggest you take yer ann oot banner and stand on the plaza. If not you could give your reasons for your statement

sandylejambo

She is way too loyal to Levein, not one other person would be in post after this run of results. If she happy with him, maybe it's time for her to consider her role. I love her because of what she's done for my club but her blind loyalty to Levein has really tarnished her in my estimation. We not nearly a good team, sometimes we don't look like they've met each other till just before kick off, and that pretend footballer Clare can just **** right off.

shaun.lawson
On 21/08/2019 at 10:03, McCrae said:

This is wrong. All money the club has could go towards the playing budget.

So - I assume you oppose Hearts paying our staff the living wage, then? After all, it's "money that could go towards the playing budget".

And I assume you're opposed to Hearts' boys' academy, then? After all, it's "money that could go towards the playing budget".

And I assume you're opposed to the club being sponsored by Save the Children, then? Why aren't we sponsored by a betting company? Surely they'd pay us more... and it's "money that could go towards the playing budget".

And I assume you opposed the stadium redevelopment too? Think of the money we spent that could've gone towards the playing budget!

All your posts on this have been ****ing ridiculous. Sustainable growth for any football club is achieved by investing in all sorts of things. That investment comes back over the medium and longer term in huge numbers of different ways. Good publicity and work in the community begets a better and better image which begets new investors, new business partners, and new fans. And when those new fans enjoy themselves, they tell their friends, their families... and it's a virtuous cycle. 

I'm proud that we pay the living wage. Proud that we're sponsored by Save the Children. And proud of this investment too. Women's football will only grow. Yes, it'll carve out its own niche - but most major footballing countries in Europe are investing in it for a reason. Personally, I'll take the approach of football clubs and the footballing authorities in England, France, Spain, Holland and Italy over some dinosaur on the internet... and I'll take the enlightened approach of Ann Budge over your cost of everything, value of nothing mindset every day of the week too. 

One other thing. The stadium development means our annual turnover should shortly hit 15m. Our investment in women's football is 100K a year. What's 100K out of 15m? 0.67%. All these posts, all these complaints, about 0.67%?! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PLAYING BUDGET?

Honestly, man. It's just ludicrous. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

Ann Budge is not an idiot or otherwise. She knows full well results are not good enough and I assume a few discussions have been had with Levein about them. That being said, "her business head on" is the best thing she could do for this club right now, and have faith in Levein to see out his tenure, introducing Hickey and Irving along with countless other promising academy

prospects, signing Naismith who will continue to be an influence off the park, and all the other projects behind the scenes. 

I fully agree results are not good enough but happy to leave last season's formbook behind as it's a new squad, backed to the hilt by Budge, and we have seen obvious promise in the other jobs of CL's remit. Next few games are crucial for Levein, but I fancy us to take points and steady the ship a little.

shaun.lawson
13 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

She is clueless with all things on the football side of things. Proven by the fact she employs Levein to deal with all that. She has already admitted that she doesn’t know much about the footballing department. 

Which is something which really, really should've been remedied by now.

Ann Budge has, overall, done an absolutely fantastic job. For at least 40 years prior to administration, and probably even longer than that, the economic fundamentals underpinning HMFC were always unsound. Always. That's why we ended up yo-yoing in the late 70s/early 80s and almost disappearing altogether. That's why Mercer, for all his fantastic work, presided over boom and bust and took us into debt. That's why the debt increased so much under Robinson. And that's why we ended up being bought by a lunatic, who almost killed the club stone dead.

Together with FOH, she's fixed all of that. Hearts' long term future is secure, sustainable, and extremely exciting. Off the field, we're in comfortably the best shape of any club in Scotland not called Celtic. And many of the things we've done under her stewardship have been admirable and enlightened.

But where she's so good in a business sense, she's so bad in a footballing one. Entrusting so much of the footballing side to one man is a recipe for disaster - because she ends up standing or falling with him. It's completely unnecessary... and while the coaching conveyor belt is a good idea in theory, it hasn't worked in practice at all - and frankly, was torpedoed when Jack Ross left the club. 

Who's the other woman in British football who is almost universally admired and does things 'differently'? Delia Smith. Norwich City are self-sustaining, like Hearts. Norwich style ourselves as a community, family club, like Hearts. Norwich live within our means, like Hearts. And Norwich have a warm, friendly, approachable female owner, like Hearts - who just like Ann Budge, admits she knows nothing about football.

So when the shit hit the fan a decade ago, Delia changed. She appointed a Chief Executive with a proper footballing background (David McNally, who'd been instrumental in Fulham's rise); an excellent Chairman who was quite brilliant commercially, took a step back and left them to get on with it. All the club's success since then dates back to that summer.

And when Norwich smashed into the glass ceiling which lack of financial means meant was essentially inevitable - and the player recruitment was awful for 2-3 years - Delia changed a second time. A bond scheme designed to fund the academy was incredibly successful - it completely sold out overnight - Stuart Webber was brought in as Sporting Director from Huddersfield, and we focused on developing teams at all age levels who play in the same intelligent, passing, attractive, possession-based way. And of course, we brought in a manager from Europe - our first-ever foreign manager - who'd work with Webber and whose philosophy fit his. 

Of course there's more money and more attraction to working in English football. But we're well past the point whereby Budge should've done something similar at Hearts. The football operations demand a total re-think: not just in who the manager or the coaches are, but in who's overseeing it all. Hearts should have a Sporting Director and manager/head coach whose ideas align; Hearts' player recruitment should be based on those ideas; Hearts should play the same, progressive way at all levels.

If we can't win the league, what we should be doing is trying to do things differently. We already do so on the business/commercial side of things and before long, will be doing so on the fan-owned side of things. It's the football side of things where (presumably because we were so burnt by Cathro?) we've become so ploddingly conservative. There's really no need to be so at all. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

So - I assume you oppose Hearts paying our staff the living wage, then? After all, it's "money that could go towards the playing budget".

And I assume you're opposed to Hearts' boys' academy, then? After all, it's "money that could go towards the playing budget".

And I assume you're opposed to the club being sponsored by Save the Children, then? Why aren't we sponsored by a betting company? Surely they'd pay us more... and it's "money that could go towards the playing budget".

And I assume you opposed the stadium redevelopment too? Think of the money we spent that could've gone towards the playing budget!

All your posts on this have been ****ing ridiculous. Sustainable growth for any football club is achieved by investing in all sorts of things. That investment comes back over the medium and longer term in huge numbers of different ways. Good publicity and work in the community begets a better and better image which begets new investors, new business partners, and new fans. And when those new fans enjoy themselves, they tell their friends, their families... and it's a virtuous cycle. 

I'm proud that we pay the living wage. Proud that we're sponsored by Save the Children. And proud of this investment too. Women's football will only grow. Yes, it'll carve out its own niche - but most major footballing countries in Europe are investing in it for a reason. Personally, I'll take the approach of football clubs and the footballing authorities in England, France, Spain, Holland and Italy over some dinosaur on the internet... and I'll take the enlightened approach of Ann Budge over your cost of everything, value of nothing mindset every day of the week too. 

One other thing. The stadium development means our annual turnover should shortly hit 15m. Our investment in women's football is 100K a year. What's 100K out of 15m? 0.67%. All these posts, all these complaints, about 0.67%?! WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE PLAYING BUDGET?

Comparing our expenditure on women’s football to our turnover is meaningless. As a club we struggle to make a profit. Our expenditure on women’s football is circa 50% of our profit.

As a club we should support women’s football, but we don’t need to hire professional coaches. Increased participation in the game can be achieved through amateur status. There is no evidence that making the game more professional leads to more girls playing football or increasing attendances at games. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

You can bin women's fitbaw for a start. A load of pish no-one gives a shit about, except do gooders.

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You can bin women's fitbaw for a start. A load of pish no-one gives a shit about, except do gooders.

There's absolutely no chance that'd be your view if Scotland had beaten England, and you know it. 😛 

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

There's absolutely no chance that'd be your view if Scotland had beaten England, and you know it. 😛 

I watched that, to try to give it a chance. I was right all along, bud. It's rotten. And for once my wife agrees. :D

Personally, I'd like a rugby league team set up. But that's not going to happen. But I'll no be greetin about it. Focus on the Men's team and ditch the vanity project.

Edited by ri Alban

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I watched that, to try to give it a chance. I was right all along, bud. It's rotten. And for once my wife agrees. :D

Personally, I'd like a rugby league team set up. But that's not going to happen. But I'll no be greetin about it. Focus on the Men's team and ditch the vanity project.

RL team's an interesting shout. But yep, not gonna happen! 

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

RL team's an interesting shout. But yep, not gonna happen! 

:(

Feck! I said I wouldn't cry.

Edited by ri Alban

35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Correct 

julienbrellier

Ffs Budge honestly. First of all want to say she will always be a legend for saving the club but she has managed to turn a lot of the more sensible fans against her now. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I want both her and Levein out. The way she has treated the Hearts fans by blanket section closures is nothing short of a disgrace and she has gone too far in tackling some of the issues while ignoring the much worse behaviour of away fans. Her defence of Levein with his record is also ridiculous. She needs to grow some balls and sack him and then start listening to the fans, instead of treating them like criminals

Edited by julienbrellier

4 minutes ago, julienbrellier said:

Ffs Budge honestly. First of all want to say she will always be a legend for saving the club but she has managed to turn a lot of the more sensible fans against her now. I can’t believe I’m going to say this but I want both her and Levein out. The way she has treated the Hearts fans by blanket section closures is nothing short of a disgrace and she has gone too far in tackling some of the issues while ignoring the much worse behaviour of away fans. Her defence of Levein with his record is also ridiculous. She needs to grow some balls and sack him and then start listening to the fans, instead of treating them like criminals

She's certainly not turning the "more sensible" fans against her. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see what a great job she has done and continues to do. 

As for the "blanket section closures" - the fans in that section were warned about their behaviour. They didn't listen, still acted like thickos and saw their wee gang shut down for a game or two. I hope she continues with this hard line stance against I'll behaviour and sectarianism. 

12 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Since I began watching Hearts home, away and in Europe in 1961, we have one 3 trophies so "winning" is not why I watch Hearts! However, I handed my season ticket back when CL was appointed. Am I one of these "fair weather" fans who are "only interested when we are winning" you speak of OR am I a 'PHM' who has had enough of this charlatan?     

Edited by bobskeldon

1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Since I began watching Hearts home, away and in Europe in 1961, we have one 3 trophies so "winning" is not why I watch Hearts! However, I handed my season ticket back when CL was appointed. Am I one of these "fair weather" fans who are "only interested when we are winning" you speak of OR am I a 'PHM' who has had enough of this charlatan?     

The second category Bob, same as myself. When you read comments like "he'll be here as long as he wants to be" or "fans just need to accept the reality that he's going nowhere " then you realise how staggeringly poor our governance structure is; allowing one man to run the entire footballing side of the business and being, in practice, accountable to no-one. 

It's always a 5 year plan with Levein; we're on the cusp; once we get everyone fit; etc etc. I would like to hear more from AB about this fantastic infrastucture, in detail, that Levein is building rather than just cheap soundbites, in an attempt to defend him. The Academy was up and running anyway, in a partnership with Heriot Watt, and had been churning out quality players well before Levein returned. More investment was needed and AB provided that. As for the exceptionalism that she alludes to: where is the evidence?

23 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

She's certainly not turning the "more sensible" fans against her. Anyone with an ounce of sense can see what a great job she has done and continues to do. 

As for the "blanket section closures" - the fans in that section were warned about their behaviour. They didn't listen, still acted like thickos and saw their wee gang shut down for a game or two. I hope she continues with this hard line stance against I'll behaviour and sectarianism. 

It was exactly that. Threw a blanket over a section that houses some decent supporters. Most understood and accepted it but there was/is still the question...how hard would it be to identify and take action against individuals ?

Was it an admission that they can’t ?

Edited by Boab

22 hours ago, Finlay James said:

She's right, he's done a great job as DOF but up until now, as first team manager we could have done much, much better.

Id like to see him concentrate on the DOF role and have Neil McCann or Andy Kirk as head coach with Naismith as player assistant.

Is that the same Neil McCann who was busy chucking CL under the bus yesterday on the radio ?

Don't think there will be a basis for a working relationship there. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The second category Bob, same as myself. When you read comments like "he'll be here as long as he wants to be" or "fans just need to accept the reality that he's going nowhere " then you realise how staggeringly poor our governance structure is; allowing one man to run the entire footballing side of the business and being, in practice, accountable to no-one. 

It's always a 5 year plan with Levein; we're on the cusp; once we get everyone fit; etc etc. I would like to hear more from AB about this fantastic infrastucture, in detail, that Levein is building rather than just cheap soundbites, in an attempt to defend him. The Academy was up and running anyway, in a partnership with Heriot Watt, and had been churning out quality players well before Levein returned. More investment was needed and AB provided that. As for the exceptionalism that she alludes to: where is the evidence?

Enzo, I think there are more smoke and mirrors at Tynecastle these days than a David Copperfield Las vegas show!

17 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

So you missed all the good times after Admin ?

The Championship season especially? 

When you say you handed back your ST don't you mean you never renewed ?

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Excellent post.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

So you missed all the good times after Admin ?

The Championship season especially? 

When you say you handed back your ST don't you mean you never renewed ?

Never missed a match during the Championship season. No I did renew BUT handed it back the day CL was appointed. hope this clarifies things for you.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, bobskeldon said:

Never missed a match during the Championship season. No I did renew BUT handed it back the day CL was appointed. hope this clarifies things for you.

:laugh:

Finlay James
12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is that the same Neil McCann who was busy chucking CL under the bus yesterday on the radio ?

Don't think there will be a basis for a working relationship there. 

On the contrary, it's exactly what's needed.  McCann has fire in his belly and has high standards so will challenge Levein where needed.

Mccann is nobodys mug