Ann Budge

Meadows

Big Slim Stylee

I understand as a forum, this is a place too vent. 

I'm not the biggest fan mainly because I think he's a stubborn man,  but I can't be the only one who winces at the barely literate sub-section bandying around terms around like "clown, get out of our club" about Levein.   "Clown?" I'm pretty much guaranteeing that this "clown" has achieved and will achieve way more for HMFC more than any of the faceless plums who thinks it's acceptable to use that kind of derogatory, personal abuse to a man that has devoted the best part of his life to this club.

By all means debate the merits. Maybe it's a generational thing, but whether you think he's the right or wrong manager for the Club, he deserves our respect. 

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I'm not the biggest fan mainly because I think he's a stubborn man,  but I can't be the only one who winces at the barely literate sub-section bandying around terms around like "clown, get out of our club" about Levein.   "Clown?" I'm pretty much guaranteeing that this "clown" has achieved and will achieve way more for HMFC more than any of the faceless plums who thinks it's acceptable to use that kind of derogatory, personal abuse to a man that has devoted the best part of his life to this club.

By all means debate the merits. Maybe it's a generational thing, but whether you think he's the right or wrong manager for the Club, he deserves our respect. 

Great post. 

4 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Can not argue. 

18 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Excellent post. 

But.....

Devoted his life to the club? Really? He’s also well paid for his current devotion. 

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I am a ST holder and would like results to be better.

Can you tell me what difference it would make to results if I stayed away?

You can change the manager if you wish but you'll have no guarantee results will improve nor the quality of football and you're back to square one with a pay-off bill that was unnecessary.  I'd rather go along, support the team and I'm sure they'll turn the corner soon.  Like a barren striker, just one goal and he's off and running.

Notts County,                 sorry i was reading your post and Notts County sprung to mind.

Hans Elkinson,              another name that popped into my mind.

Tony Ford                      the names just keep coming like a train.

1 minute ago, mitch41 said:

Notts County,                 sorry i was reading your post and Notts County sprung to mind.

Hans Elkinson,              another name that popped into my mind.

Tony Ford                      the names just keep coming like a train.

You been on the sherries Mitch?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
23 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

I think it's an internet thing. Folk can't just say they don't like something, they have to sensationalise it, so it becomes the "worst thing in the world." Likewise, you can't just say "In my opinion, CL isn't doing a very good job." He has to be a clown etc. It's ridiculous the personal abuse he and Ann Budge get. 

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Well don't turn up - no one is forcing you.  You can come back later with the other fair weather supporters.

I've been going for fifty years i'm a fair weather fan right enough

4 minutes ago, andi17 said:

I've been going for fifty years i'm a fair weather fan right enough

That's great and did anyone force you to go along for 50 years?

Or did you turn up like wee sheep every week?

I'll bet you've seen worse times and worse football than now.  How did you vote with your feet during these dire times and did it make any difference?

1 hour ago, Vlad Magic said:

In fairness I have yet to see a significant (and by that I mean visibly noticeable over a period of time) drop in attendances because of performances. It’s more to do with opposition. Understandably we won’t sell out or get close when playing lower league position teams and opposite when Hibs, OF etc come round.

There will be times when we have played rubbish (a lot recently) then play a less glamorous opponent so the gate goes down. This is possibly what is leading you to your conclusion?

Eh why buy a season ticket the opposition has nothing to do with it it's the football on offer is the problem 

portobellojambo1
41 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Agree totally. If you have a gripe with Levein then the legitimacy of that gripe commands more respect if it is laid out in a reasonable but correct manner rather than just forming part of a rant which becomes overly personal. Someone expressing a well reasoned opinion is more liable to have others consider what is being said when compared with someone just saying get tae feck, or something along those lines.

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Kumala Eternal white 2019 but your post was very negative instead of trying to give 

our loyal fans some hope that Levein can become a manager who knows how to 

manage a team instead of a man who spews out such crap in the post match 

interview. Yes we have the makings of a good team but he is the reason we have 

only won 16 out of 60 points in the last 20 league games. If you were the Hearts 

manager Jambo Al like me we'd stand down for the sake of the team. He is a 

wage thief as far as i'm concerned and he's putting himself first rather than 

the club he purports to love.

Big Slim Stylee
38 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nah just not discovered the formatting  benefits of an XL spread sheet. I mean we're not necessarily expecting a FootballFirst masterpiece, but those commas and spacings.....

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I'll bet you've seen worse times and worse football than now.  How did you vote with your feet during these dire times and did it make any difference?

JamboAl you need to start mixing with fellow Hearts supporters and get a bevvy before and after 

the games. I can just see you now crying into your drink confessing to your lack of football knowledge.

pettigrewsstylist

We are a club moving towards fan ownership and being owned and run at the moment by died-in-wool fans (cast the mind back)

We are the envy of many.

Why on earth would starving the club of income to make a point be a valid strategy/action!

Turn up and make your point by all means. A couple of seasons in our great history is a no more than a blink.

Im as peed off as most , but denying club funds to force an issue? that''s old chat and has no place in Gorgie now IMO.

Big Slim Stylee
55 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Excellent post. 

But.....

Devoted his life to the club? Really? He’s also well paid for his current devotion. 

Nobody mentioned money. If you were in any industry, and the best part of your life was spent with one organization, the obituaries would be screaming "a devoted Company man."

Apart from a few brief flings, I think it's fair comment, to be honest.

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Hearts have been good for Levein too it’s not a one way street. Its appreciated the work away from the first team has been sterling but as first team manager his league record is worse than Ian Cathro who no one would argue about calling him a clown during his tenure. To keep a first team manager as he’s doing great academy work is a terrible path to go down. 

4 hours ago, Boab said:

I’m not sure the corner will be turned though. I hope it is but the worry is, if it doesn’t, people will vote with their feet. It has always been so. The club couldn’t ignore it.

Some folk are actually deluded If they think fans staying away won’t spark a response from the club.  

Its happened through the whole history of football and the drama queens who think the drop in revenue will see the end of the club again or a massive decline in quality need to pop the bubble they are stuck inside. 

I’ve got an ST and have had on and off over the years as well as being a walk-up.

During turbulent times I’ve never felt the need to label fellow supporters who stay away. That’s life. We’re all different. Some won’t waste money and feel it’s better to send a short term message for the long term good. 

Cruel to be kind and all that 

4 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

This post mirrors what all true Hearts supporters should be thinking

Regardless of their opinions on the current management set up.

It's perfectly all right to think the manager needs replaced but there is no need for the hatred and bile that some people are spouting from the safety of a keyboard.

2 hours ago, sam? said:

Hearts have been good for Levein too it’s not a one way street. Its appreciated the work away from the first team has been sterling but as first team manager his league record is worse than Ian Cathro who no one would argue about calling him a clown during his tenure. To keep a first team manager as he’s doing great academy work is a terrible path to go down. 

Nobody is disagreeing with you but it's the personal hatred coming from some on this forum that he's talking about.

The kind of language being spouted on this forum wouldn't be out of place on Bears Den.

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Nobody is disagreeing with you but it's the personal hatred coming from some on this forum that he's talking about.

The kind of language being spouted on this forum wouldn't be out of place on Bears Den.

That’s it really. It doesn’t sit well at all.

6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

JamboAl you need to start mixing with fellow Hearts supporters and get a bevvy before and after 

the games. I can just see you now crying into your drink confessing to your lack of football knowledge.

Indeed

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

????????

Edited by Iamborg

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

I think it's an internet thing. Folk can't just say they don't like something, they have to sensationalise it, so it becomes the "worst thing in the world." Likewise, you can't just say "In my opinion, CL isn't doing a very good job." He has to be a clown etc. It's ridiculous the personal abuse he and Ann Budge get. 

Attention seekers mostly who demand a reaction. My filter is always .....would i say this to a stranger on bus?, in pub?, etc. If in doubt then its a no.

In the real world i suspect there would be a lot of extra dental insurance reqd. 😂

13 hours ago, mitch41 said:

What makes you think I don't?

I am thinking of cutting back on the bevvy though as I could see what it does for you.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Attention seekers mostly who demand a reaction. My filter is always .....would i say this to a stranger on bus?, in pub?, etc. If in doubt then its a no.

In the real world i suspect there would be a lot of extra dental insurance reqd. 😂

I agree, it is hard to take such extreme views seriously. Obviously people with no appreciation of what goes on in a football club /team. Think they know it all by reading tabloid press and fans forums (fora?).

I confess I have just as little idea.

Some people set their issues constructively and that is fine, others I just think, "No point even listening". The scary thing is once an idea takes root, it is difficult to dislodge.

47 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What makes you think I don't?

I am thinking of cutting back on the bevvy though as I could see what it does for you.

you could be right there.

Mrs Budge, I know you read this forum as it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy but wake up to what football is about. It is not charity work, community cohesion, rainbows, unicorns and dancing round trees. It is tribal and you will NEVER change that. In every virtuous, self righteous act you do that you think is in the good name of the club you hammer another nail into our coffin.

You are as disconnected to our fanbase and football in general as I am to snapchat, the charts of today and reality tv. It is simply not your bag. You are here for you. Tynecastle is yours and our club is yours.

It is clear many people are waking up to you Mary Poppins but sadly it is also clear we are now fully accelerating in your lane and heading to your destination.

been here before
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Mrs Budge, I know you read this forum as it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy but wake up to what football is about. It is not charity work, community cohesion, rainbows, unicorns and dancing round trees. It is tribal and you will NEVER change that. In every virtuous, self righteous act you do that you think is in the good name of the club you hammer another nail into our coffin.

You are as disconnected to our fanbase and football in general as I am to snapchat, the charts of today and reality tv. It is simply not your bag. You are here for you. Tynecastle is yours and our club is yours.

It is clear many people are waking up to you Mary Poppins but sadly it is also clear we are now fully accelerating in your lane and heading to your destination.

Managed along to any games yet?

...a bit disco

Jumped the shark.

What a complete and utter **** of a poster.

Not a fan and definitely not a supporter. Just a poster. And a poor imitation of one at that.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Image result for your crazy memes

TyphoonJambo

I'm seriously questioning my support for care in the community. Idiots like you should be locked away with no access to the intetnet, crayons or even homing pigeons. 

2 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Jumped the shark.

What a complete and utter **** of a poster.

Not a fan and definitely not a supporter. Just a poster. And a poor imitation of one at that.

Nailed it.

Toxteth O'Grady
On 26/08/2019 at 18:42, Cruyff Turn said:

Great post. 

Apart from the grammatical error in the first sentence. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

imagine being so wound up that Hearts are helping others.

Helping everyone bar the fans you mean?

7 minutes ago, maroonshrew said:

yuk charity work, how disgusting

Where did I say that I am against charity work?

'Charity' work has a time and place and our football club is not it.

Our bottom line now is charity work. Have you any idea how ridiculous that actually is?

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can I assume you’re just out of the JKB pokey?

Pretty shan return i8 :vrface:

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Where did I say that I am against charity work?

'Charity' work has a time and place and our football club is not it.

Our bottom line now is charity work. Have you any idea how ridiculous that actually is?

Who are you my mother would sort you out

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

You probably shouldn't post after you've had a few pints.

19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Jim McLean and i8hibsh - Scottish footballs dinosaurs. 

1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

I8😂

Master troll or utter spangle? you decide.... 

Shite troll.

been here before
8 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Why would you care? Its been well established what your level of non support is.