• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• i8hibsh

• Boab

• davemclaren

• AJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have had a look at her comments. I give up. She must have low expectations, is blind or Levein is some sort of magician if she thinks we are doing OK. What will it take to get shot of him? 

Edited by Class of 75

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Out of the 6 factors you list, what should be priority?

Running a profitable business. Otherwise the club eventually dies. 

5 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

And is that business not the football team?

8 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you EVER post anything positive?

After 10 games the table will be a bit more informative but not conclusive as we saw from Kilmarnock's situation 2 seasons ago.

Today we go into a game against the Champions and losing is not beyond the realms of possibility, more so because we are likely to be without Souttar, Walker, Haring, Naismith and Morrison from the squad.  That limits the manager's selection and tactical options but because of the players we have signed, especially Damour and Whelan, I think we can still get something out of the game.

Next week we might see a much stronger team as Naisy and Souttar are expected to be back and we may also have Meshino as a further option.

How are Hibs doing?

I'm always happy when we play well, or put the effort in and have a real go. I don't expect to win today, I'm looking at the 3 or 4 games after that, as a guideline. 

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

And is that business not the football team?

No mate. The business is the Football Club.

Our revenue is not limited to match days and the first team.

Think about the recent concert we had a Tynecastle. Or the corporate events we hold at the stadium. 

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

When charging up to £34 a ticket I would like to think the product on the park is top priority.

When you buy a ticket you don't know what the product on the park is going to be and you don't need to pay as much as £34 for a ticket.

If you think the product is going to be sub standard, don't buy a ticket.

It's really that simple.

7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

She is absolutely ****ing clueless mate. 

Absolutely clueless. 

Imagine selling a business for millions.

Imagine buying, sorry, saving the club that you are a season ticket holder of because no one else is willing to put money in.

Imagine over seeing the building of a new stand, on the foot print of the old stand that the supporters were once told was not 'fit for purpose'.

I could go on, but I can't be bothered, my point is pretty clear. 

One question, would you rather someone like the new Hibs 'owner' bought us over, or have someone who has been a long standing supporter of the club? 

If AB isn't your answer, you're a bigger muppet than already assumed. 

9 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I have had a look at her comments. I give up. She must have low expectations, is blind or Levein is some sort of magician if she thinks we are doing OK. What will it take to get shot of him? 

Levein is here until he decides he doesn’t want to be. People need to accept that and adjust their expectations accordingly. 

4 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm always happy when we play well, or put the effort in and have a real go. I don't expect to win today, I'm looking at the 3 or 4 games after that, as a guideline. 

So you already know that after Celtic, the next 3 or 4 games will be bad ?

You NEVER come across on this board as being happy unless of course you support another team and are happy to dish out criticism of this club.

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

So you already know that after Celtic, the next 3 or 4 games will be bad ?

You NEVER come across on this board as being happy unless of course you support another team and are happy to dish out criticism of this club.

Firstly, your Hibs patter is out of order, but typical and expected these days. Where did I say I know the next 3 or 4 games will be bad? On the contrary, I really hope he turns it around, but I won't be holding my breath. Unlike some supporters who show blind faith in CL, I prefer to be more of a realist, with the evidence clear for all to see, on the pitch. 

12 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Absolutely clueless. 

Imagine buying, sorry, saving the club that you are a season ticket holder of because no one else is willing to put money in.

Imagine over seeing the building of a new stand, on the foot print of the old stand that the supporters were once told was not 'fit for purpose'.

One question, would you rather someone like the new Hibs 'owner' bought us over, or have someone who has been a long standing supporter of the club? 

It's not a binary choice.

That said, Ann's been absolutely terrific for our club but she's in danger of undermining her hard work by her satisfaction with an underperforming first team and manager.

She simply has to either take control of the situation or bring someone with the football knowledge who can

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

Absolutely clueless. 

None of anything you have said has enhanced your side of the argument. 

She is clueless with all things on the football side of things. Proven by the fact she employs Levein to deal with all that. She has already admitted that she doesn’t know much about the footballing department. 

Her trust in Levein is her own downfall and watching Hearts over the last couple of years has been ****ing brutal. She seems to be undoing all her good work with some baffling decisions and comments over the last 18 months or so. 

I would rather someone who actually wants to win football games and treat the first team as a priority. It just feels that we are beginning to be customers and not fans. Ridiculous prices for some shocking football.

Have you been to a Hearts game in the last 3/4 years? Crowds falling and quiet but poisonous atmospheres in the majority of home games. 

Also if she was a true supporter of the club she would have emptied Levein after the 5-0 embarrassment away at Livi last December. The majority of fans want change and yet she feels he is doing a good job, which just sums up how out of touch she really is with the fans. 

Business side of things in the main she has been outstanding, however we are the 3rd biggest club in the country yet a languishing in and around 6th place which is simply not good enough. 

It seems to me that you are the one accepting mediocrity and therefore are the ‘muppet’. 

Can’t deny she has done some great things for the club but there always seems to be a wave of Ann Budge apologists as soon as someone criticises her. 

2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Should first team results not be what the football team priority is all about?

No sustainability of the club finances. Anything else and you don't have a club. It seems to be a really difficult thing for some people to understand!

Edited by tcjambo

17 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

She is clueless with all things on the football side of things. Proven by the fact she employs Levein to deal with all that. She has already admitted that she doesn’t know much about the footballing department. 

Her trust in Levein is her own downfall and watching Hearts over the last couple of years has been ****ing brutal. She seems to be undoing all her good work with some baffling decisions and comments over the last 18 months or so. 

I would rather someone who actually wants to win football games and treat the first team as a priority. It just feels that we are beginning to be customers and not fans. Ridiculous prices for some shocking football.

Have you been to a Hearts game in the last 3/4 years? Crowds falling and quiet but poisonous atmospheres in the majority of home games. 

Also if she was a true supporter of the club she would have emptied Levein after the 5-0 embarrassment away at Livi last December. The majority of fans want change and yet she feels he is doing a good job, which just sums up how out of touch she really is with the fans. 

Business side of things in the main she has been outstanding, however we are the 3rd biggest club in the country yet a languishing in and around 6th place which is simply not good enough. 

It seems to me that you are the one accepting mediocrity and therefore are the ‘muppet’. 

Can’t deny she has done some great things for the club but there always seems to be a wave of Ann Budge apologists as soon as someone criticises her. 

To be honest, if you had said half of that instead of your original post I wouldn't have replied. What you've said is pretty balanced and I'll take back the muppet comment. 

I've been going long before AB came on the scene and will continue to long after she leaves. I'm not an 'apologist' or accepting of mediocrity, I am however willing to give this new group of players, and Levein the first quarter of the season before I started demanding he leaves. 

I do agree that Levein should have walked after Livi.

57 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

All of them

The correct answer is "The First Team". Without that there would be no point in any of the others existing. Budge has to appoint the best people in each of the key roles, as I'm sure she would have done in her previous business. Praising the work that Levein is doing behind the scenes should not be used as justification for leeping him in a role in which he is well out of his depth.  That statement really highlights the lack of football expertise on the board.  

Edited by Enzo Chiefo

1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The correct answer is "The First Team". Without that there would be no point in any of the others being there.  Budge has to appoint the best people in each of the key roles, as I'm sure she would have done in her previous business. Praising the work that Levein is doing behind the scenes should not be used as justification for leeping him in a role in which he is well out of his depth.  That statement really highlights the lack of football expertise on the board.  

I think she has been careful in her wording to not praise what is going on with the first team. She knows as well as anyone that the fans are becoming increasingly frustrated with Levein and the boot room staff. 

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

I think she has been careful in her wording to not praise what is going on with the first team. She knows as well as anyone that the fans are becoming increasingly frustrated with Levein and the boot room staff. 

Yes, maybe setting the scene for him to get moved to the Academy?. Could be a snapshot of what she is thinking. 

4 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The correct answer is "The First Team". Without that there would be no point in any of the others existing. Budge has to appoint the best people in each of the key roles, as I'm sure she would have done in her previous business. Praising the work that Levein is doing behind the scenes should not be used as justification for leeping him in a role in which he is well out of his depth.  That statement really highlights the lack of football expertise on the board.  

The oracle has spoken.  Your usual ill-thought out pish.

There would be no point in having a team if you didn't have revenue sources or a stadium.

If you don't believe me pay a quick visit to Bolton or Bury.

6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Yes, maybe setting the scene for him to get moved to the Academy?. Could be a snapshot of what she is thinking. 

Quite possibly. I think it is highly unlikely Levein will leave the club altogether with Mrs Budge is at the club. 

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Motherwell weren’t a bad team. The good team you mention is the team that has totally dominated Scottish football for many seasons. 

And that’s because the rest of the teams have been mince.

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Basically true though we did better in the final and if we'd had a decent keeper who knows?.

Our results v Livi in the cup and Motherwell in the League Cup were arguably better than our most of our results post October.

Celtic aren’t that good a half decent team could win trophies rather than hand them to Celtic.

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Indeed, Unlikely to happen 2 yrs running. League form should be ore telling this year after last 2 years showing.

I actually have no issue finishing 6th in a highly competitive league with few points separating the top 3-6th place etc.

We need to get closer to Dons this year for sure. Hibs are an irrelevance tbh, long term.

And the Scottish Premiership hasn’t been competitive enough and that’s our fault nobody else’s.

No appetite from Ann Budge to remove CL the club is doing great and my opinion Hearts are solid as a businesses and is getting financially secure.  Except when team is playing on the field more and more supporters will be more vocal for the removal of CL if HHGH are to challenge for trophies and European games.

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Pretty much THE key performance indicator at any football club. Instead, Hearts play turgid, out of date & ultimately unsuccessful football & the atmosphere at home matches is like a morgue under her stewardship of the club. 

1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

Levein is here until he decides he doesn’t want to be. People need to accept that and adjust their expectations accordingly. 

Fair point but no one is bigger than the club and if the fans make their voices heard he will go or be pushed out

1 hour ago, tokyowalnut said:

To be honest, if you had said half of that instead of your original post I wouldn't have replied. What you've said is pretty balanced and I'll take back the muppet comment. 

I've been going long before AB came on the scene and will continue to long after she leaves. I'm not an 'apologist' or accepting of mediocrity, I am however willing to give this new group of players, and Levein the first quarter of the season before I started demanding he leaves. 

I do agree that Levein should have walked after Livi.

Fair enough mate👍 No hard feelings

5 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who is next, you mean?

Dunno. Does it matter?

Does it matter???   Eh just a bit I think!!!

The Real Maroonblood
On 16/08/2019 at 08:18, JamboAl said:

Ann Budge has done a tremendous job no matter whether the manager was CL, Neilson or Cathro.  The club is in good hands after nearly dying.

I cannot understand why people wish to ruin every thread.  It seems like it's deliberate and orchestrated.

Mods please

The JKB police strikes again. 

Miles? The business needs to be sustainable during the troughs as well as the peaks. There always has been peaks and troughs and that is likely to continue. 

But when do the peaks start another 5 years ?

1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Great post

Miles? The business needs to be sustainable during the troughs as well as the peaks. There always has been peaks and troughs and that is likely to continue. 

Yes miles, we are only alive due to the generous ongoing subscriptions from the fans, sustainable under the current governance?

3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

No mate. The business is the Football Club.

Our revenue is not limited to match days and the first team.

Think about the recent concert we had a Tynecastle. Or the corporate events we hold at the stadium. 

The league table and league form is depressing reading, finding out how much we are making from a concert will not make it any better reading.

Edited by Gambo

3 hours ago, jambobob61 said:

So for you mundane lower league pish is acceptable long term.

No but you would rather have a good season followed by a financial crisis

4 hours ago, Coco said:

Excusing the poor results on the supposed improved infrastructure in the 'disorganised' football department is just another example of poor performers all telling each other how good a job they are doing.

Infrastructure is people.  None of the Board including the chairwoman have any record of success in football and most are in thrall to the Chairwoman.  The disorganised Director of Football has a mixed record in management and a very poor recent record - and no positive track record in creating successful football infrastructure.   He has been allowed to instal people at all levels with no track record of success in their jobs - including the first team coaches, the reserve coach, the academy director and the sports scientist.

👍

8 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

WHY

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

No appetite from Ann Budge to remove CL the club is doing great and my opinion Hearts are solid as a businesses and is getting financially secure.  Except when team is playing on the field more and more supporters will be more vocal for the removal of CL if HHGH are to challenge for trophies and European games.

Surely the solid business base is a platform on which to create a successful team.

FOH contributors are not doing this to see a solid business model, they are doing it to see a competitive winning team on the park, the club being financially secure should be a by -product of this.

The fact that teams with considerably inferior budgets are consistently out performing us over a lengthy period has to be a worry, along with the style of football which is not popular and driving fans away.

WE seem to have our structure upside down at the moment.

We are first and foremost a football club that should be our number one priority

1 minute ago, TheOak88 said:

Because it is the reality of the situation. 

The reality of the situation is we need to start winning some games. If we don’t, people aren’t going to turn up...ST or walk up. 

Simply, people won’t accept it. They’ll vote with their feet.

pharmaceutical01
4 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

It is only a profitable business if your continuing turnover ie the paying public  maintains its current level .....

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 hours ago, Gambo said:

She's looking at long term ! Obviously us as supporters want instant success