Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

hmfc_liam06
Just now, EIEIO said:

I'm agreeing with you . If any championship side makes him an offer that matches ours (or more likely tops ours) he will likely as not take it , particularly if he doesn't have to uproot his family from the Midlands.

Sorry, misread your post.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

Jambosteve1902
Just now, Victorian said:

Doubtful of this happening now tbh.    It's got a deid duck look about it.    I think we've been played.

Wrong :)

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Natural Orders said:

how sure are you?

100% sure its Whelans and the Clubs desire to be here and play saturday and both parties believe it will happen. and we're definately speaking to a second midfielder but its not James Morrison.

siegementality
10 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

100% sure its Whelans and the Clubs desire to be here and play saturday and both parties believe it will happen. and we're definately speaking to a second midfielder but its not James Morrison.

Who is it then? Your ITK credentials are at stake here.

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Who is it then? Your ITK credentials are at stake here.

That they won't disclose (trust me ive asked) 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

That they won't disclose (trust me ive asked) 

Get the thumbscrews out!!!

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Must be a decent player. From Morecambe or Bradford. Somewhere exotic like that.

All tingly at the thought.

or some foreign nobody with a 'good pedigree'

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Tell me someone never said that.

My thoughts exactly. It is ringing a very vague bell but it would take a special kind of clueless arsehole to come out with pish like that. 

:vrface:

Hopefully, the boy signs and does a Jim Bett while Irving develops into a superstar

Edited by i wish jj was my dad

could be the next Rudi Skacel 😮

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nah, JiH. We're going all English on this other one. I can feel it.

What happened to good old Scottish laddies who ken the league eh!!

or Tziolis

I f he was actually interested in playing and had the right players around him he would be a good player for us. If he's disinterested and has crap around him......well, we know all about that.

BarneyBattles44
10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Must be a decent player. From Morecambe or Bradford. Somewhere exotic like that.

All tingly at the thought.

Seemingly Brentford' Rico Henry is a target to cover / replace Tierney

Edited by BarneyBattles44

Just now, Notts1874 said:

We re-signing Darren Barr?

Just now, Natural Orders said:

or Tziolis

On paper he looked a great signing and he showed glimpses of the player he was but i believe a certain style of player will not cut it in the SPL.

Sad state of affairs when the likes of Alan Power are classed as being one of the better central midfielders in our league....

Jambo 4 Ever
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

would be much better if we did

Just now, Barack said:

Too expensive. 

Let's purchase English. Shall we?

Lets go for that then.

Just now, Natural Orders said:

would be much better if we did

You said 4 posts ago to go for somebody foreign😂😂😂😂

Jambo 4 Ever
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

You said 4 posts ago to go for somebody foreign😂😂😂😂

I was being sarcastic 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Whatever happened to Scott Wilson's comment of the player with the great beard?

Beardy bantz?

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Beardy bantz?

Maybe haring has grown a beard over the summer and he will be 'like a new signing' once he is back 😁

41 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Your posts about ‘foreigners’ make you come across really poorly imo. 

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Your posts about ‘foreigners’ make you come across really poorly imo. 

Only thing missing from his post was a question mark

53 minutes ago, bazman said:

Whatever happened to Scott Wilson's comment of the player with the great beard?

He was presumably joking about the Joe Ledley rumour which surfaced on here.

I don't think Scott Wilson is privy to incoming transfer business, and if he is then I don't think he would broadcast it on Twitter.

Leveins Battalion

No one on here is ITK because the management themselves dont have a clue what's going on 😂😂,were busy chasing a 35 year old supposedly because our head scout cant identify a decent midfielder to save himself.

Gordon Ramsay
18 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No one on here is ITK because the management themselves dont have a clue what's going on 😂😂,were busy chasing a 35 year old supposedly because our head scout cant identify a decent midfielder to save himself.

Had all summer to sort this and we're scraping about the barrel for a 35 year old. 

Starting the season with a kid and a guy who isn't even a centre mid away at Aberdeen. Woeful stuff all round. 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Had all summer to sort this and we're scraping about the barrel for a 35 year old. 

Starting the season with a kid and a guy who isn't even a centre mid away at Aberdeen. Woeful stuff all round. 

Spot on mate it’s as simple as that and just to add think young Irving has something about him and maybe a whelan type can bring him on

Edited by Clerry Jambo

5 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He was potentially in a similar situation to Naismith and was staying free for July for extra payment

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Spot on mate it’s as simple as that and just to add think young Irving has something about him and maybe a whelan type can bring him on

Nothing against Irving, he was better than Clare but the point is we shouldn't have to rely on these 2. 

This should have been sorted ages ago. We knew Djoum was away and I'd imagine Levein had an idea Lee wanted away too. We are now short and will have to bring in at least one player and try get him up to speed as quickly as possible. 

It's a mess. 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Nothing against Irving, he was better than Clare but the point is we shouldn't have to rely on these 2. 

This should have been sorted ages ago. We knew Djoum was away and I'd imagine Levein had an idea Lee wanted away too. We are now short and will have to bring in at least one player and try get him up to speed as quickly as possible. 

It's a mess. 

Again I agree

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Again I agree

Hope you and GR aren't trying to divert this thread on to a CL bashing exercise. 

Once again 😕

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It's a mess. 

Also Ryan Edward's,folk can come on here and say we are waiting to sign a better quality player but the truth is that our scouting department is not fit for purpose and requires overhauling,its stuck in the past.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Hope you and GR aren't trying to divert this thread on to a CL bashing exercise. 

Once again 😕

Why the paranoia?.  It’s not a playground. It’s grown up men discussing their team. 

pettigrewsstylist
39 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

You got it!!! 😂😂😂

The comments on a lack of planning are difficult to argue with. The cleanest way to build a squad is lining up pre contracts from the January onwards, we should have made a decision on Djoum by the spring time at the latest. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Also Ryan Edward's,folk can come on here and say we are waiting to sign a better quality player but the truth is that our scouting department is not fit for purpose and requires overhauling,its stuck in the past.

Could Ryan not have been converted to LB likesy??  😂😂😂😂

pettigrewsstylist

Tbf Irving looked like a confident lad with purpose when he got ball last weekend. Him and Walker, i thought, were turning and driving them back whenever opportunity presented.

Look forward to more of same pse lads!! :)

Leveins Battalion

Listening to Ann's recent interviews my guess is she has finally cottened on that Craig Levein talks some amount of shite,sounding like there will be changes in the football department even if were stuck with Craig in the meantime.

The planning for this season is a shambles,no other word for it.We have endured a pathetic start to the season with some embarrassing results already in the cup,and weve lost our 1st league game and still no midfielders signed.

Thankfully this will be the last summer with Craig in charge at Heart of Midlothian.

Clerry Jambo
33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Once again 😕

Oh luckydug calm yir jets mate. We haven’t dealt with the engine room have we and that’s why we’re discussing  a possible target on a transfer thread !!

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, bazman said:

He was potentially in a similar situation to Naismith and was staying free for July for extra payment

It’s the 5th of August and Naismith signed on the 1st after lining up a move, we could’ve tried to get him months ago. It looks like it’s last minute panic signing, he won’t be match fit either and Levein could be away before he is 🤷🏾‍♂️.

43 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The comments on a lack of planning are difficult to argue with. The cleanest way to build a squad is lining up pre contracts from the January onwards, we should have made a decision on Djoum by the spring time at the latest. 

If you do that your rule out the top 30-40% of potential signings because very few  good players will commit their futures in January. What needs to happen to make the whole thing fairer is that all transfer windows need to clear set at the same time and before any of the seasons start. If our, and league 1 and 2 in England, window closed this Thursday as well then most transfer activity would already be done. As it is we have nearly another four weeks trawling around those that didn’t get deals with epl and Championship  clubs. 

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Listening to Ann's recent interviews my guess is she has finally cottened on that Craig Levein talks some amount of shite,sounding like there will be changes in the football department even if were stuck with Craig in the meantime.

The planning for this season is a shambles,no other word for it.We have endured a pathetic start to the season with some embarrassing results already in the cup,and weve lost our 1st league game and still no midfielders signed.

Thankfully this will be the last summer with Craig in charge at Heart of Midlothian.

Did you miss the Naismith and Walker signings? Think they both played at the weekend. 

Dont think your last sentence will be true either. 

Edited by soonbe110

Guest ToqueJambo
28 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Yes, I for one will be distraught if next summer we sign players of the quality of Halkett, Naismith, Washington, Walker and possibly Whelan. Shambles!

• davemclaren locked this topic