***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

When Naismith and Washington are both fully fit don’t you think there is just a bit of a chance we will start games like we played when they came on?

Maybe?

Yes, of course. But surely capable of 40 minutes rather than 25. 

Anyway, we were unlucky to lose in the end but a lot of he damage was done in the first hour. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• Famous 1874

It should have been ten
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Levein will never ever change. 

...and neither will some of our so-called ‘supporters’, no matter who is the manager!

Edited by It should have been ten

Away up in Gorgie
Just now, ZvonimirBoban said:

8 league games now without a win. 7 defeats and a draw. This is as poor a run as I can remember. 

1pt out of 24. Nothing to see here.

4 league wins in the calendar year. Nothing to see here. 

1 minute ago, Castle rock said:

This we are a 2 midfielders away from a very decent team imo of course

Which is being worked on.

Captain Sausage

People blaming Berra not Zlamal for the first :rofl:

People claiming Aberdeen somehow battered us for 65 minutes :rofl:

People blaming Levein for the last 15 minutes, after he’d been forced into replacing Souttar and then brought on two players who were not fit to start but completely turned the match on its head :rofl:

The mental gymnastics of the utter morons in our support is quite something to behold. 

shaun.lawson
15 minutes ago, Markymark said:

It’s not one game though is it Shaun. We’ve won 4 from 18. We’ve had a dreadful league cup campaign (performance wise) and scrapped through. Whilst i get individual mistakes costs us we are once again reliant on one man saving our season. Levein has had ample opportunity to rectify this but instead fills us with utter nonsense that the squad is strong enough when clearly is obvious we need a couple of midfielders and a new goalkeeper. 

I get that. But we are at least still in the League Cup, and this is a new season. It's not the same old shite... because the same old shite would've meant we wouldn't have been in the game at all and would've lost 3-0. Not taken the lead and created other chances too. 

We do need a new 'keeper. We are way, way too reliant on Naismith. But the signings we've made are pretty decent. It's not all doom and gloom at all. And judging by her recent comments, Budge will act quite fast if things start heading down the toilet. 

I saw nothing today to make me think we won't beat Aberdeen back at Tynecastle - in other words, that we won't, say, share the points with them this season. We're pretty close to them, despite their fans being in raptures after their performance midweek. One narrow defeat down to individual errors doesn't mean we've not improved. I thought we looked quite a lot better than last season overall... and no season was ever decided on day one. 

Chin up. We go again. No reason to start drinking the hemlock just yet!

Edited by shaun.lawson

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I do, but we should be better without them.  For and we are probably too 3/4, unfit we look bottom 3.. it’s not great

Ridiculous. 

Imagine Aberdeen without let's say logan, mckenna and Cosgrove? 

Every team is the same, take away thier best 3/4 players and you are left with an average Scottish team. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Castle rock said:

This we are a 2 midfielders away from a very decent team imo of course

Me too. 

gashauskis9

I feel more optimistic despite the result, we went for it and managed to finally convert chances.  Not much more Levein could have done to avoid the red card and stop us giving away a stupid pen.

However, the keeper situ is now a priority and we need to accept that Berra is finished at this level, which for me means we need to sign another keeper and centre half.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, of course. But surely capable of 40 minutes rather than 25. 

Anyway, we were unlucky to lose in the end but a lot of he damage was done in the first hour. 

Laughably untrue 

We were 1-0 down after the first hour and were winning 15 mins later.

How the **** was all the damage done on the first hour?

1 minute ago, ZvonimirBoban said:

8 league games now without a win. 7 defeats and a draw. This is as poor a run as I can remember. 

Celtic Rangers Aberdeen Hibs Kilmarnock Aberdeen are 6 of them.

I don’t know if you’re a Hearts fan but if you are, you’re very young or maybe one of these talk Hearts types that like to criticise the club rather than support it.

17 minutes ago, dustybin said:

He is just crap. 

Careful. I got called a hobo last season for saying the exact same thing. 

Jambo soldier. Brutal 

9 minutes ago, Elshin said:

To be fair both his yellows were blatent yellow card offences.    I think the penalty looked stone wall as well.   

I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Didn't think Clevid contributed much to result in his opponent going to ground as he did.

The best moment today was Naismith coming on and scoring straight away, 

Then the camera pans to Levein and he's laughing. 

Brilliant. 

I hope we get more moments like that but at the end of the day, there's a lot of work to be done and we've lost again. 

Edited by Sagan

Willie Miller quote after the game

In the modern game that was very physical. You know what you're going to get when you face Hearts”

😂😂😂😂😂

4 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Great to read some sense in a post. Not nearly enough posters like your goodself, sadj. Far too many doom and gloom merchants I'm afraid. Thank goodness they won't be picking the team or appointing a new manager when FOH take over.

👍🏻

3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Well, i see Levein is blaming bobby for the goal as well. Maybe he'll sign a new keeper...

He had loads of time to get to it. I think you need one great keeper one ok keeper to push each other on. Both ours are average and i think that stops them improving. Im not sure if there is any out there. Zlamal won’t win us extra points much though he’s a shot stopper , he will cost us a few though. As i said earlier get the midfielders in we are hoping to and then maybe we can get a good keeper on loan thats better quality. Difficult with Boyle and Zlamal on 2year contracts. I assumed they are stop gap til CG is available. 

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

When Naismith and Washington are both fully fit don’t you think there is just a bit of a chance we will start games like we played when they came on?

Maybe?

At home, possibly.

Away? Nah.

29 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Signs are there when we have a full strength team we will be really good. Hickey cost us the game but he will also win us games, he’ll need to learn, aidy white to step up next week.

Well said that man

Five to One
8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

First was booby's fault all day. Poor header back but Cosgrove got the ball 5 years inside the box. Bobby seen it from 40 yards away

Correct. Bobby unfortunately doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going at times. It’s either rash, as with the Cup final, or indecisive like today. Not good enough. 

Hickey will learn from that, inexperience was a factor in being sent off, Aberdeen may still have scored from the counter attack but at least still would have been 11 a side.

First goal Berra gets caught under the ball if Zlamal comes out and Cosgrove beats him to the ball your probably going to be down to 10 early doors. Although I believe Bobby was in pole position to get there first. 

In regards to the penalty I hope Dikamona offered to buy McGinn a drink before trying to pump him. Why he got so tight with McGinn going away from goal. 

3rd goal Aberdeen had an overload due to us being a man short however was a good finish unfortunately.

We done well to turn things around the subs made a great impact. The frustrating thing for me is why do we not start the games in an attacking style rather than when we go a goal down. 

Edited by Bluesy1874

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I get that. But we are at least still in the League Cup, and this is a new season. It's not the same old shite... because the same old shite would've meant we wouldn't have been in the game at all and would've lost 3-0. Not taken the lead and created other chances too. 

We do need a new 'keeper. We are way, way too reliant on Naismith. But the signings we've made are pretty decent. It's not all doom and gloom at all. And judging by her recent comments, Budge will act quite fast if things start heading down the toilet. 

I saw nothing today to make me think we won't beat Aberdeen back at Tynecastle - in other words, that we won't, say, share the points with them this season. We're pretty close to them, despite their fans being in raptures after their performance midweek. One narrow defeat down to individual errors doesn't mean we've not improved. I thought we looked quite a lot better than last season overall... and no season was ever decided on day one. 

You’ve had a bang on the head during your non posting time 🤔 good post

We did lose the game today and I really wasn't impressed by our performance until Naismith and Washington came on. They changed the dynamic completely. 

What really concerns me is midfield. We were overrun today and it is a real concern that (with the exception of Haring) this is what we've got. Glenn Whelan would, I think be an excellent introduction but I'm not sure its enough. I really do think we need two new midfielders. The midfield is our engine room and we need players to make it such.

With a strong midfield, think of the damage we could do with Naismith. I just don't understand why Levein hasn't addressed this. Every single game we are talking about the same issues!

21 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've been a big critic of Levein. I don't think he should still be at the club. But like **** am I slagging him off for that.

First half? OK. A battle. Second half? His changes made a big difference, then a young lad learning his trade made a mistake. And without Souttar, a massively important player, we couldn't hang on.

We weren't playing St Mirren or someone today. We were away to the non-OF benchmark, who are very likely to have yet another very good season. We've not finished above them since 2012. We've not finished best of the rest since 2011. But that wasn't the same old miserably negative Hearts. There are positives to take from today; there are things to build on. Starting with Ross County next weekend.

Top four is perfectly achievable on today's evidence. And top four, as long as it brings European qualification with it too, would be acceptable. It's one game, folks. Don't lose Heart.

LWWDLDLWLLLDLLLL

The history his not in Craig’s favour at what point do we say enough already?  

Yes it a new season, a new beginning but we are of to a bad start. 

It should have been ten
4 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

People blaming Levein for the last 15 minutes, after he’d been forced into replacing Souttar and then brought on two players who were not fit to start but completely turned the match on its head :rofl:

The mental gymnastics of the utter morons in our support is quite something to behold. 

:spoton:

Disappointed with the result not the performance so much, disappointed that it gives the same 7 or 8 posters an excuse to post the same regurgitated shite on just about every single thread in the Terrace multiple times.

3 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And that is the problem. Levein won't change his philosophy of starting away games with a battering ram up front on his own. That is how he approaches these games, rely on set pieces to get a lead to sit back on. Grab n Go.

Clare and Walker were anonymous for the first 65mins and they were surprised on Radio Scotland when JW wasn't taken off. A good 5 or 10 minute spell is never enough because we have too many players who are prone to making errors. 

Berra , Dikamona , Zlamal , Hickey all made mistakes leading to 2 goals Aberdeen scored a peach but if you make that many crucial mistakes you won’t win games 

The 10 minutes when we were on top masks how poor we were and how little Aberdeen had to do to win the game 

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Maybe?

Exactly.

doesnt suit some folks agenda though 

ZvonimirBoban
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Celtic Rangers Aberdeen Hibs Kilmarnock Aberdeen are 6 of them.

I don’t know if you’re a Hearts fan but if you are, you’re very young or maybe one of these talk Hearts types that like to criticise the club rather than support it.

Pardon? These are the teams in our league. If you want us to play worse teams every week maybe you should pray we get relegated. Mind you, you won’t have to with CLown at the wheel

12 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Agree with that totally. 

Absolutley disagree and that view is why levein still has a job. 

Today was poor and that is only down to 1 man and his tactics

Just now, ZvonimirBoban said:

Pardon? These are the teams in our league. If you want us to play worse teams every week maybe you should pray we get relegated. Mind you, you won’t have to with CLown at the wheel

Beat it.

Castle rock
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Which is being worked on.

I am well aware of this and the midfielder being mentioned on here are exactly what we so desperately need other than the bobby/Berra mistake and a soft penalty (didn't really get a good look at it tho) after the naiay Washington subs I thought they were there for the taking again a error but from a 16yo who I believe is one of the best young players at hearts and will come back stronger 

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I’m not disappointed with the signings to be fair. I just think we should have done our business earlier. A bit more strength in the middle of the park today and a decent goalie might have saved the first goal. 

The positive is Uche seemed to get a lift when Naismith and Washington came on so hopefully that’ll give him a bit of confidence going forward. He needs it!!

heartmussel
3 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Willie Miller quote after the game

In the modern game that was very physical. You know what you're going to get when you face Hearts”

😂😂😂😂😂

This is the kind of statement that makes life so much easier for a referee when in charge of one of our games.

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Disappointed with the result not the performance so much, disappointed that it gives the same 7 or 8 posters an excuse to post the same regurgitated shite on just about every single thread in the Terrace multiple times.

This, so tedious 

2 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Didn't think Clevid contributed much to result in his opponent going to ground as he did.

I didn't think so either but Sheep TV didn't show multiple, different-angled replays. Their commentators were ****ing brutal though.

Overall - disappointed obviously bit reassured that when Naismith and Washington have a full game's running in them we'll look a lot better. Referee was predictably absolutely chronic. Didn't Uche get bundled over in midfield just before their 3rd? Can't think why else he'd fall over.

Inch Hearts
12 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Maybe?

Nope.  Not away from home.  No danger. 

maroonedinbriz
12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The reaction to pretty much everything is ridiculous. 

Everyone is gutted, we move on to what is easier games in the next few weeks. 

The over reactions to players performances, subs, tactics and  in this case the late defeat is embarrassing. 

Instead of discussing the game, the positives, the negatives it ends up a Witch hunt against our manager and the usual pish. 

Really makes jkb hard work. 

Too many "Hearts" fans all to eager to slag folk. Weirdos. 

Positives? Please advise.

Tynecastlesmychurch
17 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

The fact that we have a keeper and centre half regularly making stupid mistakes but still being picked as starters is totally down to Levein. 

Since when has Clevid been regular starter? As for the keeper situation that's just a shocker tbh. The fact Craig didn't think we needed to go out and strengthen there is infuriating.

However their comes a point when the players need to take responsibility. Hicky's class and will learn from this. Clevid should be dropped. A player as experienced as he is shouldn't be making those kinds of mistakes. If we're not going to get another CB if Souttar's out long term then Smith would be a better option imo to fill in at CB when needed.

2 minutes ago, Mr Kipling said:

We did lose the game today and I really wasn't impressed by our performance until Naismith and Washington came on. They changed the dynamic completely. 

What really concerns me is midfield. We were overrun today and it is a real concern that (with the exception of Haring) this is what we've got. Glenn Whelan would, I think be an excellent introduction but I'm not sure its enough. I really do think we need two new midfielders. The midfield is our engine room and we need players to make it such.

With a strong midfield, think of the damage we could do with Naismith. I just don't understand why Levein hasn't addressed this. Every single game we are talking about the same issues!

We will address it!

We’ve been trying. CL knows quality is needed and that’s what we’ll bring in.

It takes time though.

Inch Hearts
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Exactly.

doesnt suit some folks agenda though 

But but but when they are fit but excuse.  

shaun.lawson
10 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But it was 65 mins of garbage until we started to play. It was evident two mins into the second half that we needed something and yet it was 20 mins until we brought on the one player of proven quality at the club. It’s timid, and not working. 

Now, if we had started with that mentality...who knows. 

How many games are we going to lose or throw away in unfortunate circumstances before we start to wonder if the guy in charge really is all that?

You can definitely argue that he paid Aberdeen too much respect. But "winning the battle, then winning the game" is a mentality an awful lot of pretty good managers have. Not without justification either.

Also, Naismith hasn't been playing until now, for reasons we all know about. So starting him probably wasn't realistic. As it is, I can't believe how down on Uche so many suddenly are. At his best, he's a real force. 

More fundamentally, a lot of people are highlighting that we're a couple of players short. They're right. But we'll probably always be a couple of players short. That's the reality of living within our means and, like all non-OF clubs, being in a near permanent state of transition. We want to bring kids through, which is exactly the right thing to do... but kids, at times, will make mistakes. 

Let's see what Craig learns from today. I know people will say "but he's had years to learn and he's learnt nothing!" - but what I'm seeing from some is confirmation bias. "We lost away from home again - nothing has changed. Levein Out!" It's nowhere near that simple. There was about a sixteenth of an inch in it today. And narrow defeats at Pittodrie are never, ever a sacking offence.

StirlingJambo

First 65 minutes was like watching pub league stuff. Every single time the defenders get the ball they miss out the midfield and launch it down the line to uche or out the park, terrible stuff. Surely the management can see this and should be getting addressed and drilled out of them! 

7 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

We lost though, again and that’s the point. You get nothing for trying, being second best or could have, should have, would have won. If it was an isolated lose then yes I’d agree but it’s not. 

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Boof said:

I didn't think so either but Sheep TV didn't show multiple, different-angled replays. Their commentators were ****ing brutal though.

Overall - disappointed obviously bit reassured that when Naismith and Washington have a full game's running in them we'll look a lot better. Referee was predictably absolutely chronic. Didn't Uche get bundled over in midfield just before their 3rd? Can't think why else he'd fall over.

Aberdeen are shite and lost three shite goals to them while sitting negatively for three quarters of the match.