***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

queensferryjambo
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

I'm happy to blame Berra too but Bobby comes then backs off then comes again.

Split the difference, both liabilities.

Fair enough :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• Famous 1874

Famous 1874
Just now, Sagan said:

I disagree. 

Clare does nothing, Berra's legs have rotted away and he's now making mistakes. 

Bobby didn't cost us a goal today. 

Bobby was at fault for the first one 

This was history repeating itself in terms of going a man down and collapsing,  rather than it bringing everyone together as a unit. 

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

When Hickey was red carded we should have brought White on. Moving Smith I’ve r to the left backfired as their winner come from down our right hand side as Walker cannot defend. If White isn’t fit enough for 10 minutes then he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

We are only allowed 3 subs per game unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, Gambo said:

They were awful, just because Aberdeen were shite as well does not make that first 65mins better, in fact it makes it worse that we couldn't play football v a poor Aberdeen team.

Both teams were awful first 65 mins - so?

Just now, Famous 1874 said:

Bobby was at fault for the first one 

Berra should of headed it out... 

Why would bobby be running out when he knew berra was there to head it out?

1 minute ago, JohnB said:

Don't think you've got that right mate.  Although Berra set it up, it was his hesitation that ultimately cost us that first goal.

Agree Berra didn't help matters with his half touch but the keeper has to be much more decisive, that's a goal that never should have been conceded!

3 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Anyone able to confirm what formation we started with today. 

Just in and seen the starting line up and can't work it out.

4 5 1? 

3 at the back with wingbacks. Mulraney playing wide off Uche. It didn't really work. At all.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Sagan said:

I disagree. 

Neither Berra or the keeper covered themselves in glory. Equally to blame.

GorgieFifeLife

Wasted 65 mins with Uche alone up top when clearly he doesn't have the ability to play that role. Got a goal totally out of the blue from a set piece and had short spell on top when we got our second.  We then completely fall apart due to stupidity and then horrific game management while playing with ten men.  All that matters is the end result. Another defeat.

upgotheheads

Losing 2-3 away to Aberdeen will not be our problem, it's what we do next week against at home to  Ross County that will be count. 

Folk loosing it because we got beat at pittodrie really can't have been hearts supporters long. First half was a battle with neither team looking good. Second half much better. Can't keep loosing cheap goals though.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nah. Not worth it.

Might start up fire, or chainsaw juggling instead. 

Just me then.

Cannae even blame Levein. ****!

2 minutes ago, Sagan said:

I disagree. 

Clare got well stuck in today - open your eyes.

Does look like my rugby mates were right though. Berra’s full hamstring tear ha ducked him.

Robbo-Jambo
5 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Spot on, absolute wallopers among our ‘support’!

Why didn't he sign a new goalie if the one we have is shite? 

Holyrood_Hearts
19 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Signs are there when we have a full strength team we will be really good. Hickey cost us the game but he will also win us games, he’ll need to learn, aidy white to step up next week.

Hickey didn’t cost us the game, Dikamona’s stupidity did that 

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Losing 2-3 away to Aberdeen will not be our problem, it's what we do next week against at home to  Ross County that will be count. 

Agree with that totally. 

1 minute ago, Smoked-Glass said:

We could start subbing players on yellows. 

Only allowed 3 subs though!😁

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've been a big critic of Levein. I don't think he should still be at the club. But like **** am I slagging him off for that.

First half? OK. A battle. Second half? His changes made a big difference, then a young lad learning his trade made a mistake. And without Souttar, a massively important player, we couldn't hang on.

We weren't playing St Mirren or someone today. We were away to the non-OF benchmark, who are very likely to have yet another very good season. We've not finished above them since 2012. We've not finished best of the rest since 2011. But that wasn't the same old miserably negative Hearts. There are positives to take from today; there are things to build on. Starting with Ross County next weekend.

Top four is perfectly achievable on today's evidence. And top four, as long as it brings European qualification with it too, would be acceptable. It's one game, folks. Don't lose Heart.

But it was 65 mins of garbage until we started to play. It was evident two mins into the second half that we needed something and yet it was 20 mins until we brought on the one player of proven quality at the club. It’s timid, and not working. 

Now, if we had started with that mentality...who knows. 

How many games are we going to lose or throw away in unfortunate circumstances before we start to wonder if the guy in charge really is all that?

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye MOUTH FOAMERS!! Seems you need to get a life PAL! 

:lol:

AlphonseCapone

Well, that had all the lows and highs of a typical Hearts game. 

Our final league position won't be determined by away to Pittodrie. Scoring 2 goals was a positive but individual mistakes like we saw can't keep happening. If there is a God, please don't let Naismith get injured. 

9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

When Hickey was red carded we should have brought White on. Moving Smith I’ve r to the left backfired as their winner come from down our right hand side as Walker cannot defend. If White isn’t fit enough for 10 minutes then he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

All subs on by then.

First was booby's fault all day. Poor header back but Cosgrove got the ball 5 years inside the box. Bobby seen it from 40 yards away

5 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Correct.

Thanks for agreeing with me.

You didn’t answer my question.

Difficult first game, away from home, both teams leaving the boot in.

One horrendous captain’s error was all between the teams - a team whom nearly everyone reckons is miles ahead of us.

So - answer my question.

So?

Edited by Jammy T

3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Bobby was at fault. 💯 he could of got that even though Berra ****ed the header

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

This place makes me angry when reading it on matchdays. Full of clueless idiots man. 

The reaction to pretty much everything is ridiculous. 

Everyone is gutted, we move on to what is easier games in the next few weeks. 

The over reactions to players performances, subs, tactics and  in this case the late defeat is embarrassing. 

Instead of discussing the game, the positives, the negatives it ends up a Witch hunt against our manager and the usual pish. 

Really makes jkb hard work. 

Too many "Hearts" fans all to eager to slag folk. Weirdos. 

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

What about the first 65 minutes of pish? 

And that is the problem. Levein won't change his philosophy of starting away games with a battering ram up front on his own. That is how he approaches these games, rely on set pieces to get a lead to sit back on. Grab n Go.

Clare and Walker were anonymous for the first 65mins and they were surprised on Radio Scotland when JW wasn't taken off. A good 5 or 10 minute spell is never enough because we have too many players who are prone to making errors. 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

But it was 65 mins of garbage until we started to play. It was evident two mins into the second half that we needed something and yet it was 20 mins until we brought on the one player of proven quality at the club. It’s timid, and not working. 

Now, if we had started with that mentality...who knows. 

How many games are we going to lose or throw away in unfortunate circumstances before we start to wonder if the guy in charge really is all that?

When Naismith and Washington are both fully fit don’t you think there is just a bit of a chance we will start games like we played when they came on?

Maybe?

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

As a 4th choice he’s not bad but he is not a starter , losing Souttar forced our hand i though 4at the back then but fair play to Levein stuck with 3 and when we brought on the quality we would normally have starting we looked like we’d go on and get three or four. Hickeys foul was stupid , no need and going away from goal. Only saw the pen once so cant say if it was or not. Positives to take from that though and Uche different player with Naismith , Washington and Walker around him their movement was superb.

gutted losing like that , the winner was a good finish , 2-1 up after being behind at Pittodrie is encouraging but we beat ourselves today , Aberdeen didn’t

Great to read some sense in a post. Not nearly enough posters like your goodself, sadj. Far too many doom and gloom merchants I'm afraid. Thank goodness they won't be picking the team or appointing a new manager when FOH take over.

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Sagan said:

Because Bobby is ******* shite and we have had the whole summer to bring someone in.

And of course we didn't. 

8 minutes ago, Gambo said:

So because they 2 were not fully fit it was okay not to play football?

Whatever Gambo. Your minds made up.

No matter if we’d held on to win you’d still criticise us.

It’s what you do.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Bobby was at fault. 💯 he could of got that even though Berra ****ed the header

Well, i see Levein is blaming bobby for the goal as well. Maybe he'll sign a new keeper...

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, 1953 said:

Very disappointed, though we'd pulled it out the bag when we went 2-1 up.

Frustrating, 

We work really hard to get ahead. 

Red card, penalty all on top of the error for the first goal, just seems like we give away shite goals, easy goals were we work really hard to score. 

kingantti1874
Just now, Jammy T said:

When Naismith and Washington are both fully fit don’t you think there is just a bit of a chance we will start games like we played when they came on?

Maybe?

I do, but we should be better without them.  For and we are probably too 3/4, unfit we look bottom 3.. it’s not great

maroonedinbriz
6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

People on here need to cool their jets, stop pishing their pants and stop throwing the toys oot the pram etc etc etc. It's only a defeat, and the more defeats we accumulate, the more we can learn and grow as a team. The season is a marathon, not a sprint ffs.

I'm not even angry. This is what I expected. This is where we are.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

And that is the problem. Levein won't change his philosophy of starting away games with a battering ram up front on his own. That is how he approaches these games, rely on set pieces to get a lead to sit back on. Grab n Go.

Clare and Walker were anonymous for the first 65mins and they were surprised on Radio Scotland when JW wasn't taken off. A good 5 or 10 minute spell is never enough because we have too many players who are prone to making errors. 

Levein will never ever change. 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Who should have started up front today alongside Uche?

9 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

We'd already used our 3 subs by that point.

20 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

and budge picked Levein.... and the fans picked Budge.... so technically it's your fault :lol:

Yup - but I'm prepared to admit my mistakes!

Castle rock
Just now, Jammy T said:

Maybe?

This we are a 2 midfielders away from a very decent team imo of course

Mind you yet again if Bobby just stands still at a ducking penalty he’d save it

Never have we had a worse goalie for a lack of penalty saves

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The reaction to pretty much everything is ridiculous. 

Everyone is gutted, we move on to what is easier games in the next few weeks. 

The over reactions to players performances, subs, tactics and  in this case the late defeat is embarrassing. 

Instead of discussing the game, the positives, the negatives it ends up a Witch hunt against our manager and the usual pish. 

Really makes jkb hard work. 

Too many "Hearts" fans all to eager to slag folk. Weirdos. 

It is a tough loss to take after looking like we were gonna sneak away from there with all 3 points, CL made the proper subs obviously as the game turned around, a mistake from a youngster changed the match completely!

10 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

WE had used all our subs by then:thumbsup: