Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• neilnunb

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Laughably untrue 

We were 1-0 down after the first hour and were winning 15 mins later.

How the **** was all the damage done on the first hour?

Game plan part A.

Contain Aberdeen , put the boot in, rough them up a bit, wear them down. Try not to concede a soft goal.

Game plan part B.

Send in the cavalry with half an hour to go and turn the game.

It would appear that and an inability not to concede a soft goal, injuries, and yellow cards sustained during the execution of part A, went a way to costing us the game.

Captain Sausage
Just now, Dannie Boy said:

We lost though, again and that’s the point. You get nothing for trying, being second best or could have, should have, would have won. If it was an isolated lose then yes I’d agree but it’s not. 

It’s the first game of the league season ffs. Give it a rest. It’s a new team, there’s so much more to be positive about this season. 

29 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Aberdeen are a good side. Giving them a head start through horrendous decision making by Bobby didn’t help.  The sending off and the questionable penalty did for us. 

Agreed.

Robbo-Jambo
17 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

...and neither will some of our so-called ‘supporters’, no matter who is the manager!

So called? 

Being going to games home and away for over 40 years. 

Levein was one of my favourite players but he is not a good manager. 

You bang on though and slag folk off who you don't agree with you. 

It's a ******* forum or do you no get that. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

19 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You didn’t answer my question.

Difficult first game, away from home, both teams leaving the boot in.

One horrendous captain’s error was all between the teams - a team whom nearly everyone reckons is miles ahead of us.

So - answer my question.

So?

We were awful for 65mins. Zero in the way of any football played, even you can't be happy with that.

You happy to write off 65mins of a game away to rivals just because they were shite also?

I gave Levein credit for positive changes and the difference was night and day.

Ultimately we have lost another league game, our recent league record does not make good reading.

Jambof3tornado

The play for walkers goal was superb. Uche used properly is a threat.

If we are just going to lump balls play macca, he's a bit wiser to win us free kicks(plus refs give uche feck all).

Irving looks much more ready than Cochrane ever did.

Enzo Chiefo
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Best you’ve got?

Standard.

I lose track of who is injured, who is fit for only 25, 45 or 70 and who is "not in a good place" . But he could have started with Walker up front, playing off Uche.

10 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Celtic Rangers Aberdeen Hibs Kilmarnock Aberdeen are 6 of them.

I don’t know if you’re a Hearts fan but if you are, you’re very young or maybe one of these talk Hearts types that like to criticise the club rather than support it.

Why do people drag up last seasons results is beyond me!

The last six games became irrelevant with the cup final in mind and they nearly pulled it off.

Naismith and Washington will terrorise teams from what I watched today 

new midfielder away from a strong side and Haring to come into the mix

Captain Sausage
Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

I lose track of who is injured, who is fit for only 25, 45 or 70 and who is "not in a good place" . But he could have started with Walker up front, playing off Uche.

So go 442 against 3 in the middle for Aberdeen. Step aside Pep, Enzo is here. 

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

👍🏻

He had loads of time to get to it. I think you need one great keeper one ok keeper to push each other on. Both ours are average and i think that stops them improving. Im not sure if there is any out there. Zlamal won’t win us extra points much though he’s a shot stopper , he will cost us a few though. As i said earlier get the midfielders in we are hoping to and then maybe we can get a good keeper on loan thats better quality. Difficult with Boyle and Zlamal on 2year contracts. I assumed they are stop gap til CG is available. 

It might be worth taking a chance on the St Mirren keeper, Vaclav Hladky, the boy that saved about 4 penalties in the playoffs. 

28 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

When Hickey was red carded we should have brought White on. Moving Smith I’ve r to the left backfired as their winner come from down our right hand side as Walker cannot defend. If White isn’t fit enough for 10 minutes then he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

Another prime example of a poster who posts before thinking in a fit of anger

A poster who just wants to blame the manager when the finger should be pointed firmly at the players for two of the goals and a young player who made a poor decision resulting in a sending off and from a position where there was only going to be one winner..us, we lost ..he'll get away with it from many because he is young and talented but in the first team you need to learn quickly and when you are on a booking you should know better at any age.

The other players involved two of the goals lost need to really give themselves a real shake

Edited by CJGJ

Tynecastlesmychurch
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

We will address it!

We’ve been trying. CL knows quality is needed and that’s what we’ll bring in.

It takes time though.

He's had months mate. I get it takes time but he wasted months hoping Djoum would stay when we could all see he wanted away. It's not as if he hadn't been saying over the past few years that he wanted to leave either. And theirs plenty of available midfielders out their that would improve us. 

We might need another CB too. 

Five to One
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

You can definitely argue that he paid Aberdeen too much respect. But "winning the battle, then winning the game" is a mentality an awful lot of pretty good managers have. Not without justification either.

Also, Naismith hasn't been playing until now, for reasons we all know about. So starting him probably wasn't realistic. As it is, I can't believe how down on Uche so many suddenly are. At his best, he's a real force. 

More fundamentally, a lot of people are highlighting that we're a couple of players short. They're right. But we'll probably always be a couple of players short. That's the reality of living within our means and, like all non-OF clubs, being in a near permanent state of transition. We want to bring kids through, which is exactly the right thing to do... but kids, at times, will make mistakes. 

Let's see what Craig learns from today. I know people will say "but he's had years to learn and he's learnt nothing!" - but what I'm seeing from some is confirmation bias. "We lost away from home again - nothing has changed. Levein Out!" It's nowhere near that simple. There was about a sixteenth of an inch in it today. And narrow defeats at Pittodrie are never, ever a sacking offence.

Given our rude health in terms of finances, should there not a be a bit more investment in the squad to supplement the youngsters? To me, the lack of a quality goalkeeper and a decent holding midfielder (while Haring is injured) is criminal. Should have been addressed. 

Hopefully the coaching staff realise they have good attacking players there and start approaching away games with a positive set up.

Admirable come back to get to 2-1 and we undone ourselves with poor decisions afterwards but the situation was borne out of not being positive enough from the outset, imo.

Deans Jambo
34 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Levein...

shouldn't have injured Souttar

shouldn’t have given away a terrible penalty

shouldn't have been a shite goalkeeper

Shouldn’t have got sent off 

Levein Levein Levein Levein

Why do we never win a game despite the mistakes? We don't score enough goals, we don't dominate teams that's why. Who's to blame for that? It's went on to long saying we were unlucky after every defeat!

23 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Whatever Gambo. Your minds made up.

No matter if we’d held on to win you’d still criticise us.

It’s what you do.

It's not really.

I critisced the first 65mins, I applauded the positive subs made by Levein so stop talking shite.

It would be nice to prove you wrong on the winning comment but chances of that are very few and far between in the league under Levein for quite a while.

I'll critisice when I think it's due and give praise when I think it's due.

10 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Not sure it’s all that interesting that i don’t think we’re a free scoring team. Not really demonstrated we are one and not all that unusual opinion. 

I just don’t think we have a lot of goals in the team. We lack creativity in the middle and up front without Naismith we’ve not shown much. Whilst Aberdeen his tough place to go. 

Surprised your surprised that I’m surprised that scoring 2 goals was a pleasant surprise for me. It’s  a positive. 

I thought today Would be 0-0. 

It’s interesting because, I absolutely think we have goals in our squad, and players who can win games. Was surprised you were surprised about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We we have lots of goals in our team, as scoring two away in Bedrock showed. We just need to get our ball players fit.

Im surprised that you don’t see it.

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Captain Sausage said:

So go 442 against 3 in the middle for Aberdeen. Step aside Pep, Enzo is here. 

So Aberdeen forced us to play 1 up front, the 1 being there solely to rough up defenders? You do realise that other teams change their formations to match up with their opponents don't you ?

27 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

When Naismith and Washington are both fully fit don’t you think there is just a bit of a chance we will start games like we played when they came on?

Maybe?

Poor argument. Are you saying we can't play that way if they are not available? Today's first 65 mins proved we can't play the honking way Levein set us up to play without them either.

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

👍🏻

He had loads of time to get to it. I think you need one great keeper one ok keeper to push each other on. Both ours are average and i think that stops them improving. Im not sure if there is any out there. Zlamal won’t win us extra points much though he’s a shot stopper , he will cost us a few though. As i said earlier get the midfielders in we are hoping to and then maybe we can get a good keeper on loan thats better quality. Difficult with Boyle and Zlamal on 2year contracts. I assumed they are stop gap til CG is available. 

joondalupjambo

We will finish much higher up the league this season once this team adds another one or two and we gel.   Lot's to see today that makes me think this.

44 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

THIS but the mouth foamers will ignore that.

Aw give a rest eh!  All Hearts fans are hurting after that one!  

Encouraging signs and the team gave 100% - let’s follow that up with the same committed performance against Ross Co next week!

Castle rock
2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s interesting because, I absolutely think we have goals in our squad, and players who can win games. Was surprised you were surprised about it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We we have lots of goals in our team, as scoring two away in Bedrock showed. We just need to get our ball players fit.

Im surprised that you don’t see it.

This 100%

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Five to One said:

Given our rude health in terms of finances, should there not a be a bit more investment in the squad to supplement the youngsters? To me, the lack of a quality goalkeeper and a decent holding midfielder (while Haring is injured) is criminal. Should have been addressed. 

And it more than likely will be between now and when SkySportsNewsKlaxon the window slams shut. There's still a month to go until then, and most clubs and agents play hardball and/or brinkmanship.

If it's not been dealt with by the time the window closes, fair enough, you'll have a point. Not yet though. These things, as others have said, do take time.

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ridiculous. 

Imagine Aberdeen without let's say logan, mckenna and Cosgrove? 

Every team is the same, take away thier best 3/4 players and you are left with an average Scottish team. 

In fairness, they were without Taylor, Main, Bryson, Devlin. And started McGinn and Hedges on the bench. 

They had also played a match less than 70 hours previously and had one eye on their next match in 4 days time. 

Excuses excuses excuses. That’s all we hear. Better to blame a youngster, the ref and goalie, rather than the man in charge.

24 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Laughably untrue 

We were 1-0 down after the first hour and were winning 15 mins later.

How the **** was all the damage done on the first hour?

By not giving ourselves a chance to be in a better position when we brought on the subs.

It's quite simple but you have to be of the opinion that Levein can get things wrong at times.

9 minutes ago, Sagan said:

It might be worth taking a chance on the St Mirren keeper, Vaclav Hladky, the boy that saved about 4 penalties in the playoffs. 

Hes a great keeper happily have him but no chance of getting him

2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

the window slams shut.

Better that the door slams shut after CL exits.

In typical fashion, Hearts manager Craig Levein was in no mood for beating around the bush after the dramatic end to today's game. 

Speaking to BBC Scotland, he said: "Football is cruel and I should have been talking after this game about a lot of the positives that happened in our game today. But instead I'm ruing the poor decision making that we had on two occasions for two goals."

Two moments of madness from individuals in the Hearts team ended up costing their side dearly and Craig Levein was all too aware of that after the match.

"Even if we had come away with 2-2 I'd still be a little bit disappointed because I felt that we deserved more than that," said the Hearts manager.

"And then the extra man made a difference. Clevid [Dikamona] made a stupid decision to leave a foot in at the penalty area when he didn't need to. And that has cost us. So from my point of view I'm ruing those silly decisions that we made. 

"To come here and compete the way we did made me really happy. But to lose the game was a real shame."

Despite the failure to take any points from the game, there were positives from Hearts' performance that Craig Levein took note of. 

Speaking to BBC Scotland, he said: "Steven Naismith would obviously be in the team from the beginning if he was 100% but those minutes on the pitch would have helped him. 

"He comes on and scores with his first touch. Which is great for him and great for the team. I thought Conor [Washington] was very good with his running off of Uche [Ikpeazu]. I could stand here and talk for a while with the things I was pleased with but ultimately we didn't win the game."

John Souttar was forced to come off late in the first half during today's clash with Aberdeen. 

When asked about an update on his situation, Craig Levein said: "He's rolled his ankle. So the ligaments would have been stretched. I don't know yet so we'll just have to wait and see."

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Excuses excuses excuses. That’s all we hear. Better to blame a youngster, the ref and goalie, rather than the man in charge.

Hopefully the mods are on the case. 🤮

5 minutes ago, sadj said:

18 month contract. 

I don't know how much money we're talking about but if you want a good keeper... 

We've spend 4 million on the youth academy. 200k on wighton. 

Feck knows how much on wages for average players like Clare, Bozanic, Olly Lee, etc. 

Offer them 300k. lol. 

Infact, 250k and Wighton. 

Edited by Sagan

Captain Sausage
7 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do realise that other teams change their formations to match up with their opponents don't you ?

Run that one back. But think about it. Go on big guy. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

In typical fashion, Hearts manager Craig Levein was in no mood for beating around the bush after the dramatic end to today's game. 

Speaking to BBC Scotland, he said: "Football is cruel and I should have been talking after this game about a lot of the positives that happened in our game today. But instead I'm ruing the poor decision making that we had on two occasions for two goals."

Two moments of madness from individuals in the Hearts team ended up costing their side dearly and Craig Levein was all too aware of that after the match.

"Even if we had come away with 2-2 I'd still be a little bit disappointed because I felt that we deserved more than that," said the Hearts manager.

"And then the extra man made a difference. Clevid [Dikamona] made a stupid decision to leave a foot in at the penalty area when he didn't need to. And that has cost us. So from my point of view I'm ruing those silly decisions that we made. 

"To come here and compete the way we did made me really happy. But to lose the game was a real shame."

Despite the failure to take any points from the game, there were positives from Hearts' performance that Craig Levein took note of. 

Speaking to BBC Scotland, he said: "Steven Naismith would obviously be in the team from the beginning if he was 100% but those minutes on the pitch would have helped him. 

"He comes on and scores with his first touch. Which is great for him and great for the team. I thought Conor [Washington] was very good with his running off of Uche [Ikpeazu]. I could stand here and talk for a while with the things I was pleased with but ultimately we didn't win the game."

John Souttar was forced to come off late in the first half during today's clash with Aberdeen. 

When asked about an update on his situation, Craig Levein said: "He's rolled his ankle. So the ligaments would have been stretched. I don't know yet so we'll just have to wait and see."

Same old pish rolled out. 

33 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The reaction to pretty much everything is ridiculous. 

Everyone is gutted, we move on to what is easier games in the next few weeks. 

The over reactions to players performances, subs, tactics and  in this case the late defeat is embarrassing. 

Instead of discussing the game, the positives, the negatives it ends up a Witch hunt against our manager and the usual pish. 

Really makes jkb hard work. 

Too many "Hearts" fans all to eager to slag folk. Weirdos. 

Hear hear👏🏻

7 minutes ago, Prof said:

If it was their fault then yeah. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Run that one back. But think about it. Go on big guy. 

We start the game with the set up we finish with. Comprendes? Or should we check what formation Aberdeen are playing before we do something radical like playing 2 up top?

8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't hink there is any doubt that Levein is trying to address the midfield situation. 

We will know soon enough.

What the midfield problem that should have been solved as soon as Djoum went in to the final six months of his contract?

Stevie wonder could see he was off. 

Portable Badger
29 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I get that. But we are at least still in the League Cup, and this is a new season. It's not the same old shite... because the same old shite would've meant we wouldn't have been in the game at all and would've lost 3-0. Not taken the lead and created other chances too. 

We do need a new 'keeper. We are way, way too reliant on Naismith. But the signings we've made are pretty decent. It's not all doom and gloom at all. And judging by her recent comments, Budge will act quite fast if things start heading down the toilet. 

I saw nothing today to make me think we won't beat Aberdeen back at Tynecastle - in other words, that we won't, say, share the points with them this season. We're pretty close to them, despite their fans being in raptures after their performance midweek. One narrow defeat down to individual errors doesn't mean we've not improved. I thought we looked quite a lot better than last season overall... and no season was ever decided on day one. 

Chin up. We go again. No reason to start drinking the hemlock just yet!

Good reasoned & logical posts you have made today.  They're exactly my thoughts as well - I can't understand all the manic pant-wetting and the incessant quest for someone's head.

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Evening news ratings...

Zdenek Zlamal: Great save to keep out Jon Gallagher’s thunderous 20-yard strike in first half. Helpless with all three goals. 6

Christophe Berra: Misjudged header in lead-up to Cosgrove opener. Diving header tipped over by Joe Lewis in first half. Generally held his own in gruelling physical battle with Cosgrove. 6

Edited by Sagan

Five to One
12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

And it more than likely will be between now and when SkySportsNewsKlaxon the window slams shut. There's still a month to go until then, and most clubs and agents play hardball and/or brinkmanship.

If it's not been dealt with by the time the window closes, fair enough, you'll have a point. Not yet though. These things, as others have said, do take time.

I’m not holding my breath tbh. I’d also recommend getting business done before the season starts. Other clubs seem to manage it. 

30 minutes ago, Jen if said:

Absolutley disagree and that view is why levein still has a job. 

Today was poor and that is only down to 1 man and his tactics

Ok Richard.

Undone by Hickey and Dickey when we were well on our way to winning and winning fairly comfortable at that. 

Annoying, frustrating but I am more positive than I thought I'd be feeling at this time of the day. 

Edited by Homme

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

I wouldn't believe that arse rag if it told me tomorrow was Monday.

I wouldn't believe half the folk on here if they told me that rain is wet. 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Good reasoned & logical posts you have made today.  They're exactly my thoughts as well - I can't understand all the manic pant-wetting and the incessant quest for someone's head.

Not least because sacking a manager in August is ****ing stupid. We got away with doing so under Vlad. We had no right to get away with it; he just got lucky.

Any new manager needs their own preseason. That's gone. And only clubs with crazy owners sack the manager before November. I think we will sack him around that point if we're struggling... but I saw nothing today to make me think we will be. What I saw today was top four material. And what we heard from Budge suggests that's the demand now, and there'll be no excuses and no more second chances. Which is as it should be.

J.T.F.Robertson
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I don't hink there is any doubt that Levein is trying to address the midfield situation. 

We will know soon enough.

I hope you're right. By a distance the number one priority for me and not just one, either.