***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Hate to say it but we really must bounce back.

TBF today wasn’t too bad. We put up a good fight, the reality is we are paying the price of poor recruitment over the past 3 years. 

Bombscare of a goalie. And having to play a 17 year old at LB because we still haven’t properly addressed that position. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• Famous 1874

1 minute ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hopefully that performance from Dikamona today will finally make folk on here realise he’s awful.

I was really pleased with how we looked after the subs. Silly decision from Hickey though.

Correct. 

Dikamona is poor and Hickey was rash.  Its a tough one to take but we lost ourselves that game today away from home to a team probably most tipped to be third.  I think there were positive signs from Hickey nd irving and Naismith.  Need 3 points next week though. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, steven_mck said:

There's no shame in that. Are positives to be taken.

Come on. How long can you accept defeats and say that we can take the positives? 

hmfc_liam06

The way some go on you would think we were taken to the cleaners for 65 mins.

There was nothing between the sides all game.

Wetters gonna wet...

3 minutes ago, Gambo said:

When you write off 65mins you are not unlucky.

Naismith and Washington weren’t fit to start.

They weren’t on the bench by design, ffs.

1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

Lot of good, lot of bad and a lot of ugly today. But I saw enough that I think we will win against them at Tynie, and we'll do better with a fit Naismith and Washington in the side to support Uche. 

I'm more optimistic for this season than I was 90 minutes ago despite the loss. What I would say is Levein needs to make some big decisions regarding Berra and whether we need to look for a new goalkeeper. For all those criticising our midfield, I don't think that's anywhere near our biggest issue.

Ffs, we lost, stop the positivity for a match we should have won with 10 or so mins left. 

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

:sleeping2:

You're right. The performances/results/EXCUSES are tiresome.

3 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

This. Everyone is a pant wetter and there will be excuse after excuse. 

If Naismith had started.......Hickey stayed on his feet.......Whelan......8000 pledgers........saved the club........scored a bullet header in 86........career ended too soon.......Mr Hearts

Robbo-Jambo

14 mins left 2 - 1 up. 

Cue sending off, a penalty and lose 2 goals. 

Tbf not many teams can do that. 

Maybe the away strip next year could include brown shorts. 

letsalldothebeattie
5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Only Hickey to blame for that I'm afraid. 

So Dikamona is blameless for the penalty then? 

shaun.lawson

I've been a big critic of Levein. I don't think he should still be at the club. But like **** am I slagging him off for that.

First half? OK. A battle. Second half? His changes made a big difference, then a young lad learning his trade made a mistake. And without Souttar, a massively important player, we couldn't hang on.

We weren't playing St Mirren or someone today. We were away to the non-OF benchmark, who are very likely to have yet another very good season. We've not finished above them since 2012. We've not finished best of the rest since 2011. But that wasn't the same old miserably negative Hearts. There are positives to take from today; there are things to build on. Starting with Ross County next weekend.

Top four is perfectly achievable on today's evidence. And top four, as long as it brings European qualification with it too, would be acceptable. It's one game, folks. Don't lose Heart.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Don’t talk shite. There was nothing in it. Then the changes changed the game. Hickeys red and Dikamona lost us the game.

We were awful for 65mins, to say otherwise is shite.

Ernie Eskilsson
4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

This defeat isn't down to Craig. It was down to two stupid mistakes in the space of a minute. Well that and us not having a decent first choice keeper.

The fact that we have a keeper and centre half regularly making stupid mistakes but still being picked as starters is totally down to Levein. 

Pasquale for King

When Naismith came on and we attacked them we looked good, great goal from Walker.

Hickey is understandably raw and should’ve been replaced(poor corner from Clare didn’t help) and looks a bit raw when we get hit on the break. Crazy penalty to give away. GK at fault for their first goal and now has faced 20 penalties and saved one. Same shit different day unfortunately. Aberdeen barely created a chance and we lost 3 goals 🙈.

Edited by Pasquale for King

It should have been ten
Just now, neilnunb said:

You're right. The performances/results/EXCUSES are tiresome.

Pot and kettle 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that true tho? 

Was pretty even by all accounts until then. 

No it wasn't! 

Two ill judged challenges from a teenager, & a poorer one from Clevid cost us. A game we could have won but mistakes at this level get punished. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Nae joy the day. Next time.

This

1 minute ago, Pants Shaton said:

Levein...

shouldn't have injured Souttar

shouldn’t have given away a terrible penalty

shouldn't have been a shite goalkeeper

Shouldn’t have got sent off 

Levein Levein Levein Levein

This too. Some of our supporters are thick as ****.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Aye, without being convincing. Naismith, obvs, and Washington looked decent. Walker did ok. Halkett is good. 

Unlucky yes, but poor decision making cost us throughout the game.

need to improve!

Aberdeen are a good side. Giving them a head start through horrendous decision making by Bobby didn’t help.  The sending off and the questionable penalty did for us. 

Cruyff Turn
Just now, Pants Shaton said:

Levein...

shouldn't have injured Souttar

shouldn’t have given away a terrible penalty

shouldn't have been a shite goalkeeper

Shouldn’t have got sent off 

Levein Levein Levein Levein

Exactly. See if we had won, all the roasters would have ****ed off back under their rocks. Bet they are delighted they can spend all night slavering shite about Levein and how it’s all his fault.

It should have been ten
2 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Mouth Foamers. 😂. He’s won 4 games from 18. That acceptable to you is it? Fans that are disappointed are foamers? Get a life pal!!! 

Aye MOUTH FOAMERS!! Seems you need to get a life PAL! 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

If Naismith had started.......Hickey stayed on his feet.......Whelan......8000 pledgers........saved the club........scored a bullet header in 86........career ended too soon.......Mr Hearts

🤡 

It should have been ten
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

This

This too. Some of our supporters are thick as ****.

THIS 

Hugely disappointing after a great fight back to get in front. They were on the ropes there until the sending off and subsequent penalty. Aaron Hickey is a classy player with tonnes of potential and I'm sure he'll learn from this, but the reality is his rashness cost us the 3 points. Very poor collapse from us there and not for the first time since CL took the reigns.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, TheOak88 said:

TBF today wasn’t too bad. We put up a good fight, the reality is we are paying the price of poor recruitment over the past 3 years. 

Bombscare of a goalie. And having to play a 17 year old at LB because we still haven’t properly addressed that position. 

But thats down to one man alone. People hanging their hopes on young hickey who today showed the downside to youngsters. Yes he has been very good but he is never going to be a regular starter for a top 3 spfl side. Its too big a risk.

As for bobby, his cup final **** up should have seen us recruit a new no1.

1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

So Dikamona is blameless for the penalty then? 

He is just crap. 

Berra needs dropped. I cant see it happening because he's the captain but we need to cut our losses right now. 

Clare also, waste of a jersey. 

2 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hopefully that performance from Dikamona today will finally make folk on here realise he’s awful.

I was really pleased with how we looked after the subs. Silly decision from Hickey though.

As a 4th choice he’s not bad but he is not a starter , losing Souttar forced our hand i though 4at the back then but fair play to Levein stuck with 3 and when we brought on the quality we would normally have starting we looked like we’d go on and get three or four. Hickeys foul was stupid , no need and going away from goal. Only saw the pen once so cant say if it was or not. Positives to take from that though and Uche different player with Naismith , Washington and Walker around him their movement was superb.

gutted losing like that , the winner was a good finish , 2-1 up after being behind at Pittodrie is encouraging but we beat ourselves today , Aberdeen didn’t

8 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

It's a quite frankly appalling record since November. Any other club would have acted on it.

Unfortunately we are not any other club, Levein is made of Teflon.  

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Is that true tho? 

Was pretty even by all accounts until then. 

We were 1-0 down for most of it so not even, but even although Aberdeen were poor it should not hide the fact that we were awful when it came to playing football in that 65mins.

KyleLafferty

Naismith, Walker, Uche, Washington start against Ross County on Saturday it will be 3 or 4. The passing and the moving when they were on was the better than I’ve seen in 2 years.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The way some go on you would think we were taken to the cleaners for 65 mins.

There was nothing between the sides all game.

Wetters gonna wet...

Both teams aren’t great, play for corners and free kicks, their big lump is better than ours.

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, sac said:

Two ill judged challenges from a teenager, & a poorer one from Clevid cost us. A game we could have won but mistakes at this level get punished. 

What about the first 65 minutes of pish? 

Saw enough in the second half to see some promise for the season

Folk need to chill their beans

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

We were awful for 65mins, to say otherwise is shite.

Both teams were shite Gambo.It was a battle, there was nothing in it. Individual errors by players on the park cost us the game. It certainly wasn’t down to tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Not at all,  we're a pretty clumsy team. 

As someone asked earlier " is this now a non-contact sport?". The referee was easily influenced by this cynical Aberdeen side and half the yellow cards were unwarranted.

Forever Hearts
Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

Exactly. See if we had won, all the roasters would have ****ed off back under their rocks. Bet they are delighted they can spend all night slavering shite about Levein and how it’s all his fault.

But we didn't. So your point is, erm, pointless. Just like Hearts. 

Regular John

Quite incredible, folk trying to put a positive spin on that.

Our whole team again is still dependant on Naismith turning it on - we are utter relegation fodder without him.

We have to hope we max out the points in the 10-15 games he manages to stay fit to  play for us this season as the season looks dire.

1 minute ago, DarioHMFC said:

This place makes me angry when reading it on matchdays. Full of clueless idiots man. 

Clueless passionate idiots tbf 😉😂

OmiyaHearts

Gutted at that but I'm going to take positives out that ten minute spell where we played well.

Not much else to do really, no point moaning about the coach etc as they are here for the season,  whatever happens on the pitch

Jambof3tornado
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Naismith, Walker, Uche, Washington start against Ross County on Saturday it will be 3 or 4. The passing and the moving when they were on was the better than I’ve seen in 2 years.

Correct.

And bin the Sean Clare experiment.

We should have not lost this match

Individual errors including one from a young talent cost us ...he will learn

We are not as bad as the douibters have painted us but they'll point to the defeat in any case

I am annoyed and frustrated today but we will be fine this season with just an addition or 2 (or a fit Haring)

It is not just coincidence that Naismith plays/comes on and we look a much better side