***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

You cannot write off 65 minutes of a game. We left everything too late. Levein did make the right changes and you cannot account for individual mistakes. But we were absolutely dreadful and were lucky to be in the lead. We cannot just rely on Naismith to drag us out the shitter. If thats our game plan this season I don't really don't have the energy for this again.

We should never have picked up that many yellows, the ref cut Uche a huge break not sending him off too. Serious lack of discipline if this is how they think a season should be started. 

Halkett was outstanding and is clearly a leader. Washington looked good.

I'm absolutely spewing. ****ing idiots. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• neilnunb

jambostuart
2 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've been a big critic of Levein. I don't think he should still be at the club. But like **** am I slagging him off for that.

First half? OK. A battle. Second half? His changes made a big difference, then a young lad learning his trade made a mistake. And without Souttar, a massively important player, we couldn't hang on.

We weren't playing St Mirren or someone today. We were away to the non-OF benchmark, who are very likely to have yet another very good season. We've not finished above them since 2012. We've not finished best of the rest since 2011. But that wasn't the same old miserably negative Hearts. There are positives to take from today; there are things to build on. Starting with Ross County next weekend.

Top four is perfectly achievable on today's evidence. And top four, as long as it brings European qualification with it too, would be acceptable. It's one game, folks. Don't lose Heart.

Far too much sense in this post. It'll never catch on. Whatever the opinion is of Levein he was not at fault for today.

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Both teams aren’t great, play for corners and free kicks, their big lump is better than ours.

No one bar Celtic are really great.

I think some have been watching too much EPL and Champions League.

queensferryjambo
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

No. When you see it you will realise the while it wasnt great from berra but bobby takes so long to decide what he's going to do that its too late.

I did see it and now more than once. Bobby was back in position and it was a great finish by Cosgrove.

Berra caused it. Nobody want's to criticise Berra but are always happy to slate Zlamal. Berra threw Bobby under the bus same as he did twice in the cup final.  

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've been a big critic of Levein. I don't think he should still be at the club. But like **** am I slagging him off for that.

First half? OK. A battle. Second half? His changes made a big difference, then a young lad learning his trade made a mistake. And without Souttar, a massively important player, we couldn't hang on.

We weren't playing St Mirren or someone today. We were away to the non-OF benchmark, who are very likely to have yet another very good season. We've not finished above them since 2012. We've not finished best of the rest since 2011. But that wasn't the same old miserably negative Hearts. There are positives to take from today; there are things to build on. Starting with Ross County next weekend.

Top four is perfectly achievable on today's evidence. And top four, as long as it brings European qualification with it too, would be acceptable. It's one game, folks. Don't lose Heart.

It’s not one game though is it Shaun. We’ve won 4 from 18. We’ve had a dreadful league cup campaign (performance wise) and scrapped through. Whilst i get individual mistakes costs us we are once again reliant on one man saving our season. Levein has had ample opportunity to rectify this but instead fills us with utter nonsense that the squad is strong enough when clearly is obvious we need a couple of midfielders and a new goalkeeper. 

Inch Hearts
7 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

What absolute shite perhaps he is already highlighting that individual  errors are more accountable than Levein in this game.

Whens it not errors/injuries/refs etc etc etc? 

Cut The Crap

Same shite, different season.

Wake me up when our board decides they are willing to at least try and make us a force on the pitch again.

Cruyff Turn
2 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

This place makes me angry when reading it on matchdays. Full of clueless idiots man. 

:spoton:

CloustonHMFC
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Take a bow 👏👏

First 65 minutes weren’t ‘awful’, they were very even with the exception of 10 minutes after they scored. Subs changed the game for us and then a couple stupid decisions changed it again. We were anything but awful. 

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

As a team we make a lot of individual errors. It’s a pretty common theme. I think we have some players who have those type of errors in them. 

Erratic players making mistakes isn’t all that surprising.

This concerns me as no matter how well you play if you give away cheap goals it will always be uphill battle and dangerous to confidence.

We scored 2 today which is 2 more than I thought we’d get. 

This part is interesting. Why did you not think we would, and why are you surprised? 

Why all the talk about a new goalkeeper? He was blameless for all of the goals and he had no other shots to save. We lost because of three mistakes - one by Berra, one by Hickey and one by Dikamona.  

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, flem said:

The real crime is wasting the first 66 minutes of the game. Uche up front on his own doesn't work!

The chance to change shape when soapy went off was the killer for me.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

14 mins left 2 - 1 up. 

Cue sending off, a penalty and lose 2 goals. 

Tbf not many teams can do that. 

Maybe the away strip next year could include brown shorts. 

Made me chuckle, its the Hearts way- used to only do it in Glasgow- we have gone inclusive!

It should have been ten
3 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

Levein...

shouldn't have injured Souttar

shouldn’t have given away a terrible penalty

shouldn't have been a shite goalkeeper

Shouldn’t have got sent off 

Levein Levein Levein Levein

Spot on, absolute wallopers among our ‘support’!

I was strongly critical of levein last week but people blaming him for today, jesus wept. Some people don't and never will get it.

1 minute ago, Sagan said:

Berra needs dropped. I cant see it happening because he's the captain but we need to cut our losses right now. 

Clare also, waste of a jersey. 

Bobby is a bigger worry than Berra or Clare tbh. We really need to get a keeper in before the end of the window. Maybe worth making use of the loan market, see if we can get someone decent on loan. 

We are our own worst enemy. Hopefully the players will learn from today, just cant believe we chucked it in the manner that we did.

8 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Naismith and Washington weren’t fit to start.

They weren’t on the bench by design, ffs.

So because they 2 were not fully fit it was okay not to play football?

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

But we didn't. So your point is, erm, pointless. Just like Hearts. 

Mods. Get this hun ****ing punted.

3 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:

Aye MOUTH FOAMERS!! Seems you need to get a life PAL! 

What a total tit you are 😂

4 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Excellent balanced appraisal 

Tonight will be fun.

Plenty scope for both sides of the Levein fence to pile into each other.

I’ll go first 

Keep our key players fit and with Uche, Walker Washington, and Naismith between them playing most of the season we are nailed on for 3rd at least.

Edited by Jammy T

brunoatemyhamster

Anyone able to confirm what formation we started with today. 

Just in and seen the starting line up and can't work it out.

4 5 1? 

Jambof3tornado
Just now, CJGJ said:

We should have not lost this match

Individual errors including one from a young talent cost us ...he will learn

We are not as bad as the douibters have painted us but they'll point to the defeat in any case

I am annoyed and frustrated today but we will be fine this season with just an addition or 2 (or a fit Haring)

It is not just coincidence that Naismith plays/comes on and we look a much better side

But its shows how reliant we are on naismith, what happens when he is out?

Nobody pulling the strings at all until naismiths appearance.

I don't get to watch every match but it seems every one I do watch there is issues with the ref and usually the bias is against us, that was really a shame a young left back makes a silly challenge when he's already on a booking, you knew the ref just couldn't wait to send one of our players off and/or give them a penalty, he did both! After a dire 1st half we briefly came to life after the substitutions, I thought we may have added a 3rd, some positives came from this match but many questions also! 

Just now, Smoked-Glass said:

Yer clutching 

Not really, Mangers live and die by the players they sign. And the players they pick to play.

1 minute ago, Gigolo-Aunt said:

Another defeat.

Amazing insight, S. Anything to add that can’t be gleaned from watching Sky Sports News?

Dearie me. 🙄

9 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Why all the talk about a new goalkeeper? He was blameless for all of the goals and he had no other shots to save. We lost because of three mistakes - one by Berra, one by Hickey and one by Dikamona.  

Don't think you've got that right mate.  Although Berra set it up, it was Zlamal's hesitation that ultimately cost us that first goal.

Edited by JohnB

Cruyff Turn
Just now, brunoatemyhamster said:

4 5 1? 

5-4-1/3-4-3

jambostuart
5 minutes ago, dustybin said:

Ffs, we lost, stop the positivity for a match we should have won with 10 or so mins left. 

We lost against Aberdeen at Pittodrie, based on a young defender's mistake, and the opening goal a calamity. Not the end of the world. We're not going to win 3points every game, but you carry on bashing the team who turned up and played well, showing over the course of the season we might actually finish in a decent spot. 

5 minutes ago, DarioHMFC said:

Take a bow 👏👏

First 65 minutes weren’t ‘awful’, they were very even with the exception of 10 minutes after they scored. Subs changed the game for us and then a couple stupid decisions changed it again. We were anything but awful. 

They were awful, just because Aberdeen were shite as well does not make that first 65mins better, in fact it makes it worse that we couldn't play football v a poor Aberdeen team.

StevenNaismith

When Hickey was red carded we should have brought White on. Moving Smith I’ve r to the left backfired as their winner come from down our right hand side as Walker cannot defend. If White isn’t fit enough for 10 minutes then he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

4 5 1? 

3-4-3

kingantti1874
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

When Hickey was red carded we should have brought White on. Moving Smith I’ve r to the left backfired as their winner come from down our right hand side as Walker cannot defend. If White isn’t fit enough for 10 minutes then he shouldn’t have been on the bench.

we’d made all of our subs 

GlasgoJambo
4 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Saw enough in the second half to see some promise for the season

Folk need to chill their beans

That’s my take too.

Just now, TheOak88 said:

Bobby is a bigger worry than Berra or Clare tbh. We really need to get a keeper in before the end of the window. Maybe worth making use of the loan market, see if we can get someone decent on loan. 

I disagree. 

Clare does nothing, Berra's legs have rotted away and he's now making mistakes. 

Bobby didn't cost us a goal today. 

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

I did see it and now more than once. Bobby was back in position and it was a great finish by Cosgrove.

Berra caused it. Nobody want's to criticise Berra but are always happy to slate Zlamal. Berra threw Bobby under the bus same as he did twice in the cup final.  

I'm happy to blame Berra too but Bobby comes then backs off then comes again.

Split the difference, both liabilities.

gowestjambo

We have a midfield that does not close down the opposition, and creates nothing for our Forwards, we will continue to struggle.

We had used all our subs to be fair. 

Horatio Caine

We'd used our subs by that time.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

But its shows how reliant we are on naismith, what happens when he is out?

Nobody pulling the strings at all until naismiths appearance.

What happened when Colin Cameron got injured?

Does that make JJ and his squad shite.

Get a grip.

People on here need to cool their jets, stop pishing their pants and stop throwing the toys oot the pram etc etc etc. It's only a defeat, and the more defeats we accumulate, the more we can learn and grow as a team. The season is a marathon, not a sprint ffs.

1 minute ago, gator said:

I don't get to watch every match but it seems every one I do watch there is issues with the ref and usually the bias is against us, that was really a shame a young left back makes a silly challenge when he's already on a booking, you knew the ref just couldn't wait to send one of our players off and/or give them a penalty, he did both! After a dire 1st half we briefly came to life after the substitutions, I thought we may have added a 3rd, some positives came from this match but many questions also! 

To be fair both his yellows were blatent yellow card offences.    I think the penalty looked stone wall as well.   

KyleLafferty

Scary the amount of people on here that don’t have a clue about football. I want Levein out but NO ONE can blame him for today.