End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

Bridge of Djoum
17 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We need  a poll on the validity of polls. 

61% of JKB users would not agree.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Bazzas right boot
36 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

61% of JKB users would not agree.

Yip and the irony still wouldn’t hit them. 

Voting on a poll to question if polls are valid or not, if in their favour they'd use it for thier own argument. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

And plants. Don’t forget about the club plants. ?

Souttar, Haring, Uche, Smith Halkett and Naismith creating accounts just to keep him in a job. 

Part of thier Contracts, once Naismith signs next week he'll swing it. 

Big DV on the other hand..... 

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Classic Levein: celebrating a gritty draw :)

?? *****

Na , just find it interesting that it has been so close all the way through. More because the others (as we shall refer to them) are losing their shit about JKBers , Dave etc. 

I actually expected about 60/40 in favour of a new head coach. However it seems some have made their peace and will give him a couple of months (by this i mean 45mins against *insert first League cup opponent here) , he has to start well. In saying that we cant judge it like for like league wise as no way will we start as we did up to the end of October. 

Massive that the team perform better and get results. If we win games but don’t improve the football god knows where that leaves things ??‍♂️

portobellojambo1

I voted yes, but I do so in the full knowledge that change brings no guarantees with it. However, I'm just not convinced that at this stage in his career Craig Levein will want to or can change the way in which he lines up teams to play. If I was convinced he would I may have voted differently. I just think we've watched this similar style of lining up for a few years now, and although Craig has only officially been manager for a percentage of that time I think the overall set up maybe dictates how we set up and which areas of the park are important to us. While change may not work I think no change definitely will not work, and within those parameters I'm more inclined to sway towards change and see how we get on.

I was both pleased with and possibly also a little bit miffed by, the display in the cup final. In the first half we were never in any danger. From getting up on the morning of the game I had, rightly or wrongly, got more convinced we could turn them over. And when we went 1-0 up I think my smile was as wide as the North Stand. I thought we might have pushed on from there, but that idea was relatively quickly quashed when the only referee that might have given an innocuous incident as a penalty just happened to be the little shit who was refereeing on Saturday, this inadvertantly created the miffed bit I think. It gave the impetus back to them unfortunately, whereas if we had been given a free kick for the dive and been able to keep them at bay and gone forward a little more as a result it could have all ended so differently.

but the season is done and I'd just like to see change next season, without, as I said above, knowing for certain it will bring almost instant success. I bought my ST for next season when they went on sale, I've had my opinion on things, mainly because I did sit and watch a lot of pretty awful football during the season. But football, HMFC, are a drug for me and I was always going to be there next season come what may. As a player the present manager is the best defensive player I've seen at HMFC during my time watching. Admittedly probably the best game I ever seen him play was actually for Scotland, in a World Cup finals game versus Sweden in Italy. That day he showed how well to defend without having to make many tackles. If his future is seen as looking after the academy I wouldn't have a problem with that, but my thoughts have always been that a change at first team level needs a lot of thought and despite my comments about the Scottish Cup final those thoughts haven't changed (but either way I'll be back for more next season).

Edited by portobellojambo1

15 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Results need to get better.

We need to be able to deal with injuries and Levein admitted he needed to come up for a solution with the injuries we had this season and he didn’t.

But.

There is a foundation of a good team now signed up.

Revisionists can get to **** but at the start of the season when fresh from injury we played some fantastic football NOT hoofball.

Levein now needs to add extra quality to the spine - flair, game changers etc. He has said as much - he knows it, we know it.

Fan(ny) pressure helped stop the work in progress of Neilson. It would now be disastrous if it didn’t give Levein one further season to properly finalise his preferred squad and break what he is building.

The worst thing that happened to this club since administration was Robbie Neilson - because he was so successful initially that he turned a chunk of the Hearts support into self-entitled pricks.

Ah the old “sense of entitlement” spin - a JKB Classic!  ?

Bull's-eye

Back in the real world.

We played reasonably well over the season, we're not far away from turning very close games that we lost into games we'll win. I personally think the squad we have already will accomplish this without strengthening. 

A few brain farts by individuals have cost us points, a few poor team selections for multiple reasons have cost us points. 

Not really unexpected after such a large squad overhaul.

I won't bemoan the injury situation because I believe had we had a settled squad it wouldn't have made much of a difference. Every squad suffers from injuries.

We ultimately were a victim of our own success early doors and I believe our new stand and pitch has also played it's part, other teams now thoroughly enjoy coming to Tynecastle and playing us, its not surprising. That'll wear off and Tynecastle will become a place for our players to play, not the opposition. 

We're on the cusp of some very decent consistent form and success, all the signs are positive, sadly the only negative seems to eminate from the stands. 

It's a real shame supporters choose to abuse and moan and grizzle in my opinion. 

Really sad.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I think thats fair comment for some fans. How many i’m not sure but there definitely a split in the demographic of younger and older fans. Some older fans it may be they fall into the expecting success. Likewise some younger fans may be more pragmatic. Depends on their nature i guess. However those who have been through the 70s , 80s 90s certainly seem more in the time camp. Those who grew up in the current society of full speed ahead , social media , money money money , EPL - Romanov onwards don’t have that same view and unless we are beating all and sundry week in week out its not acceptable. We won 3Scottish cups in 14years 6 cup finals in 17years plenty of 3rds , a 2nd a Championship at first time of asking in a loaded division. That is expected to be continued no matter what. The fact we started rebuilding from scratch 5years ago is an age ago as far as anyone other than business people think. Then you have people who just care about the club blindly without thought who want success but don’t care what it takes.

Entitled is a lot shorter ?

There is people on here who have said i want a better performance and we have played a bit better and loss and it becomes the result needs to be there. Get a result - performance isnt good enough. 

What can you do these are the people who win 5-1 they will say it should of been 10 or such n such played shit. Society's nature is to complain loudly not praise loudly.

JKB Classics - mediocrity , loser , hoofball etc all no different to using entitled

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
53 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think thats fair comment for some fans. How many i’m not sure but there definitely a split in the demographic of younger and older fans. Some older fans it may be they fall into the expecting success. Likewise some younger fans may be more pragmatic. Depends on their nature i guess. However those who have been through the 70s , 80s 90s certainly seem more in the time camp. Those who grew up in the current society of full speed ahead , social media , money money money , EPL - Romanov onwards don’t have that same view and unless we are beating all and sundry week in week out its not acceptable. We won 3Scottish cups in 14years 6 cup finals in 17years plenty of 3rds , a 2nd a Championship at first time of asking in a loaded division. That is expected to be continued no matter what. The fact we started rebuilding from scratch 5years ago is an age ago as far as anyone other than business people think. Then you have people who just care about the club blindly without thought who want success but don’t care what it takes.

Entitled is a lot shorter ?

There is people on here who have said i want a better performance and we have played a bit better and loss and it becomes the result needs to be there. Get a result - performance isnt good enough. 

What can you do these are the people who win 5-1 they will say it should of been 10 or such n such played shit. Society's nature is to complain loudly not praise loudly.

JKB Classics - mediocrity , loser , hoofball etc all no different to using entitled

People want the club to continue to grow and don't believe Levein can deliver. It's that simple really. At what point is it not acceptable?  Pre 80's standard? 10k fans? A cup final that we got practically gifted doesn't change much.

I missed about 5 games all last season and I can tell you we've been horrible to watch for a long time. Playing Berra left of a back 3, Forwards and wingers who can't score, no clear game plan, just a chaotic skirmish served up as football match. Levein is in the class of "just get out there and run about a lot." It's over, done. 

Regardless of what loonies say we're exactly where we deserve to be, 6th clueless and out of ideas. 

Edited by Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Hopefully this up-coming pre-season will be less 'hectic'. Anyone, as I've done for many years, who attends such matches would've seen Osman Sow plant a free-kick in Methil that grazed the corner flag. My thoughts that day? Put it this way, I'd never have imagined that player doing what he did v Sevco at Ibrokes. Last pre-season at Arbroath saw a 'cast of thousands' take to the field. Uche spent quite a while on his arse and, again, I thought, 'Deary me!' But he has been stout and numerous others from that day have come good. When Paterson made his debut v Dunfermline? Who would've thought, eh? The point is that all teams have ups and downs and  all teams make some poor signings. The way I see it is that Hearts now have a good core. A few judicious signings and our 125-to-1 odds to win the league might just come true. ❤❤G❤

3 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I voted yes, but I do so in the full knowledge that change brings no guarantees with it. However, I'm just not convinced that at this stage in his career Craig Levein will want to or can change the way in which he lines up teams to play. If I was convinced he would I may have voted differently. I just think we've watched this similar style of lining up for a few years now, and although Craig has only officially been manager for a percentage of that time I think the overall set up maybe dictates how we set up and which areas of the park are important to us. While change may not work I think no change definitely will not work, and within those parameters I'm more inclined to sway towards change and see how we get on.

I was both pleased with and possibly also a little bit miffed by, the display in the cup final. In the first half we were never in any danger. From getting up on the morning of the game I had, rightly or wrongly, got more convinced we could turn them over. And when we went 1-0 up I think my smile was as wide as the North Stand. I thought we might have pushed on from there, but that idea was relatively quickly quashed when the only referee that might have given an innocuous incident as a penalty just happened to be the little shit who was refereeing on Saturday, this inadvertantly created the miffed bit I think. It gave the impetus back to them unfortunately, whereas if we had been given a free kick for the dive and been able to keep them at bay and gone forward a little more as a result it could have all ended so differently.

but the season is done and I'd just like to see change next season, without, as I said above, knowing for certain it will bring almost instant success. I bought my ST for next season when they went on sale, I've had my opinion on things, mainly because I did sit and watch a lot of pretty awful football during the season. But football, HMFC, are a drug for me and I was always going to be there next season come what may. As a player the present manager is the best defensive player I've seen at HMFC during my time watching. Admittedly probably the best game I ever seen him play was actually for Scotland, in a World Cup finals game versus Sweden in Italy. That day he showed how well to defend without having to make many tackles. If his future is seen as looking after the academy I wouldn't have a problem with that, but my thoughts have always been that a change at first team level needs a lot of thought and despite my comments about the Scottish Cup final those thoughts haven't changed (but either way I'll be back for more next season).

Did you not start following Hearts post 85/86?

Apologies if wrong.

7 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Hopefully this up-coming pre-season will be less 'hectic'. Anyone, as I've done for many years, who attends such matches would've seen Osman Sow plant a free-kick in Methil that grazed the corner flag. My thoughts that day? Put it this way, I'd never have imagined that player doing what he did v Sevco at Ibrokes. Last pre-season at Arbroath saw a 'cast of thousands' take to the field. Uche spent quite a while on his arse and, again, I thought, 'Deary me!' But he has been stout and numerous others from that day have come good. When Paterson made his debut v Dunfermline? Who would've thought, eh? The point is that all teams have ups and downs and  all teams make some poor signings. The way I see it is that Hearts now have a good core. A few judicious signings and our 125-to-1 odds to win the league might just come true. ❤❤G❤

?????????

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

People want the club to continue to grow and don't believe Levein can deliver. It's that simple really. At what point is it not acceptable?  Pre 80's standard? 10k fans? A cup final that we got practically gifted doesn't change much.

I missed about 5 games all last season and I can tell you we've been horrible to watch for a long time. Playing Berra left of a back 3, Forwards and wingers who can't score, no clear game plan, just a chaotic skirmish served up as football match. Levein is in the class of "just get out there and run about a lot." It's over, done. 

Regardless of what loonies say we're exactly where we deserve to be, 6th clueless and out of ideas. 

Only games I didn't see either on Hearts TV or attend were the Partick replay , Celtic away (dec) Hamilton away (august) Rangers away (April/May?) so I agree we have been horrible to watch. There has been periods where you watch and think ok somethings going to happen then it fizzles out most of the time 10mins in and the games done , nothing to hold your interest. I get that. I also get some people have those views and there for instance you made a reasoned explanation of your position. Many don’t and throw out cliched terms. I have said and I will

keep saying I reckon things would be very different if you binned Daly and Fox and restructured the coaching roles. Ie McPhee focussed on Set pieces and analysis. 

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Absolutely self-entitlement.

Hearts fans are demanding things we have never done season after season let alone following on from administration, relegation and the single biggest financial infrastructure investment by the club in its history.

All without bank credit.

So in the real world the fans who are not self-entitled wee pricks see that there has been a foundation built and there aren’t many people who don’t agree we need to improve in the league next year.

But as the bulk of the team are Levein signings and the bulk of the most important players signed by Levein for HIS team have, or will, sign on extended contracts it would be ****ing madness to have a new manager come in with a different game plan and rip up this squad and start again.

Madness.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

Hearts fans are demanding things we have never done season after season let alone following on from administration, relegation and the single biggest financial infrastructure investment by the club in its history.

All without bank credit.

So in the real world the fans who are not self-entitled wee pricks see that there has been a foundation built and there aren’t many people who don’t agree we need to improve in the league next year.

But as the bulk of the team are Levein signings and the bulk of the most important players signed by Levein for HIS team have, or will, sign on extended contracts it would be ****ing madness to have a new manager come in with a different game plan and rip up this squad and start again.

Madness.

Too true.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Only games I didn't see either on Hearts TV or attend were the Partick replay , Celtic away (dec) Hamilton away (august) Rangers away (April/May?) so I agree we have been horrible to watch. There has been periods where you watch and think ok somethings going to happen then it fizzles out most of the time 10mins in and the games done , nothing to hold your interest. I get that. I also get some people have those views and there for instance you made a reasoned explanation of your position. Many don’t and throw out cliched terms. I have said and I will

keep saying I reckon things would be very different if you binned Daly and Fox and restructured the coaching roles. Ie McPhee focussed on Set pieces and analysis. 

We're both in agreement that something needs done. There's definitely a lack of planning and structure to our game. Hopefully something will change next season, continuing on the same path won't work.

It's funny you talk about our set prices it's one of the few things I enjoy. ? MacPhee is definitely a person worth keeping. His ideas helped us end Celtic's run. Need more people like him.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

We're both in agreement that something needs done. There's definitely a lack of planning and structure to our game. Hopefully something will change next season, continuing on the same path won't work.

It's funny you talk about our set prices it's one of the few things I enjoy. ? MacPhee is definitely a person worth keeping. His ideas helped us end Celtic's run. Need more people like him.

Yes and I don’t think JD or LF are upto it from what I hear i’m not alone in that.

Geoff Kilpatrick
21 minutes ago, sadj said:

The idea that a coaching reshuffle will cure our ills is strange, unless tactics and team selection have been devolved to them. If that was the case, one would ask what Levein was getting paid to do.

In other words, the claim is addition by subtraction. I'm not buying it. Accountability starts and stops with the manager.

As an observation. For as long as I can remember, when Hearts score a goal it results in smiles and joy from the scorer. Quite often the scorer will charge to the dugout, and always with the collective appreciation of team-mates. Contrast that with the adrenaline-fuelled, aggessive faces of certain opposition teams' players whose facial expressions are confrontational after having scored. Methinks Hearts have a good overall camaraderie. We have a great club to support. Bloody frustrating a lot of the time (especially the last 10 minutes of almost every game for the last few seasons) but know what? Rather that than the boring, predictable run-of-the-mill wins 'enjoyed' by Sellick fans, aided and abetted by refs who really should go to specsavers! Their cup parade? My oh my!!!

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

As an observation. For as long as I can remember, when Hearts score a goal it results in smiles and joy from the scorer. Quite often the scorer will charge to the dugout, and always with the collective appreciation of team-mates. Contrast that with the adrenaline-fuelled, aggessive faces of certain opposition teams' players whose facial expressions are confrontational after having scored. Methinks Hearts have a good overall camaraderie. We have a great club to support. Bloody frustrating a lot of the time (especially the last 10 minutes of almost every game for the last few seasons) but know what? Rather that than the boring, predictable run-of-the-mill wins 'enjoyed' by Sellick fans, aided and abetted by refs who really should go to specsavers! Their cup parade? My oh my!!!

That's all true but why does it mean we should accept finishing in mid table obscurity?

portobellojambo1
52 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Did you not start following Hearts post 85/86?

Apologies if wrong.

My first game was in October 1987, was a league game versus Aberdeen on a weekday night, 1-1 draw, Dave McPherson scored the goal if I remember. I'd just started working in the September of that year, after 5 years unemployment.  So yes, it was post 1985/86.

Edited by portobellojambo1

42 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

The idea that a coaching reshuffle will cure our ills is strange, unless tactics and team selection have been devolved to them. If that was the case, one would ask what Levein was getting paid to do.

In other words, the claim is addition by subtraction. I'm not buying it. Accountability starts and stops with the manager.

I didn’t at any point say accountability doesnt start n stop with Levein. Levein is getting paid to run an entire football department and manage the first team. Its not strange at all saying LF and JD are not doing a good job and by replacing them it would lead to better training and implementation of the managers ideas.

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

I didn’t at any point say accountability doesnt start n stop with Levein. Levein is getting paid to run an entire football department and manage the first team. Its not strange at all saying LF and JD are not doing a good job and by replacing them it would lead to better training and implementation of the managers ideas.

I've no problem if the conveyor belt has quality control issues and there is a rejection process. All I'm saying is that it is hardly a "Eureka" style solution to turning things round.

Then again, there is some confirmation bias on this thread that we are only a couple of good signings away from being a decent team. I'm afraid I disagree with that analysis!

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

All without bank credit.

Madness.

“self entitled wee pricks”. 

Ever called any Hearts fan that to his face JT????

35 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I've no problem if the conveyor belt has quality control issues and there is a rejection process. All I'm saying is that it is hardly a "Eureka" style solution to turning things round.

Then again, there is some confirmation bias on this thread that we are only a couple of good signings away from being a decent team. I'm afraid I disagree with that analysis!

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

New signing New signing Haring Djoum (or Cochrane) Mulraney

Naismith

New signing (or Uche)

That’s a decent team with decent options in reserve and for playing different formations. I think we’re definitely a striker, creative midfielder and winger away from being a decent team and those are the positions we’re targeting.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

That's all true but why does it mean we should accept finishing in mid table obscurity?

Who’s accepting that? Theres just disagreement over the solution.

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Zlamal

Souttar Berra Halkett

New signing New signing Haring Djoum (or Cochrane) Mulraney

Naismith

New signing (or Uche)

That’s a decent team with decent options in reserve and for playing different formations. I think we’re definitely a striker, creative midfielder and winger away from being a decent team and those are the positions we’re targeting.

You're kidding yourself. We need a better keeper for starters; Mulraney isn't a wing back (and is average even though he has exceeded expectations) and there is almost no creativity in that team.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

And the rest of his salient points?

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I, for one, don't 'accept' that at all. But, Hearts over the last few decades have been a mid-table team with some fantastic highs and some depressing lows. Every now and again a team like Killi punch above their weight. Good on them for doing so. After all, if the game was entirely predictable by virtue of wages etc then there would be no point turning up to watch. Hearts ended Celtic's unbeaten run ... against all odds. We beat them at Hampden on the run up to our famous 5-1 victory v Hibs and have run them close often. Oh, and didn't we beat them right at the start of the season just finished? I honestly believe that Hearts will do better next season than this one and cannae wait to find out. But, it is quite frankly blinkered not to see that on numerous occasions this season there was some really good football played by us. Didn't always result in wins, for sure, but certainly not as bad by a long way as some folks make out and there's no argument that we were stiffed big-time on several games. Remember Sevco having not one, not two, but THREE men offside? Even that final game at Hampden. We scored a fab goal from open play and Celtic were gifted their way back thanks to a ref who was unable to recognise when a forward was going down early, not to mention his professional kick-out to our 'keeper's thigh as he threw himself down. So, with the players we've secured plus a few quality additions I honestly see us doing much better next season. But, if the officials continue on their recent run of em, er 'excellence' then the game's a bogey..

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

You're kidding yourself. We need a better keeper for starters; Mulraney isn't a wing back (and is average even though he has exceeded expectations) and there is almost no creativity in that team.

Our goalie is fine. We’re looking for more creativity in the summer signings to fill those spots. Levein has said as much.

Geoff Kilpatrick
17 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

I, for one, don't 'accept' that at all. But, Hearts over the last few decades have been a mid-table team with some fantastic highs and some depressing lows. Every now and again a team like Killi punch above their weight. Good on them for doing so. After all, if the game was entirely predictable by virtue of wages etc then there would be no point turning up to watch. Hearts ended Celtic's unbeaten run ... against all odds. We beat them at Hampden on the run up to our famous 5-1 victory v Hibs and have run them close often. Oh, and didn't we beat them right at the start of the season just finished? I honestly believe that Hearts will do better next season than this one and cannae wait to find out. But, it is quite frankly blinkered not to see that on numerous occasions this season there was some really good football played by us. Didn't always result in wins, for sure, but certainly not as bad by a long way as some folks make out and there's no argument that we were stiffed big-time on several games. Remember Sevco having not one, not two, but THREE men offside? Even that final game at Hampden. We scored a fab goal from open play and Celtic were gifted their way back thanks to a ref who was unable to recognise when a forward was going down early, not to mention his professional kick-out to our 'keeper's thigh as he threw himself down. So, with the players we've secured plus a few quality additions I honestly see us doing much better next season. But, if the officials continue on their recent run of em, er 'excellence' then the game's a bogey..

Wow. It's that "unpredictability" that saw us lose to every team this season, except St Johnstone. Jam tomorrow though! :rolleyes:

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Our goalie is fine. We’re looking for more creativity in the summer signings to fill those spots. Levein has said as much.

Our goalie is meh and has been found out on the big occasions - twice.

15 hours ago, Simo said:

I voted for change and thought it'd maybe be 70/30ish in favour of go. Surprised how close it is tbh. 

I like Levien and he's clearly a proper Hearts man. He has been very unlucky with injuries and in the cup final but overall we've been largely terrible this season. He's had his chance and isn't the man to take us forward. 

That's probably the reason it's so close. If he wasn't who he is, I'd be 100% out, but I want to give him the chance to get this right.

2 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He states his opinions lucidly however some of his terminology for fellow Hearts fans who share a different opinion is uncalled for IMO.

9 hours ago, sadj said:

?? *****

Na , just find it interesting that it has been so close all the way through. More because the others (as we shall refer to them) are losing their shit about JKBers , Dave etc. 

I actually expected about 60/40 in favour of a new head coach. However it seems some have made their peace and will give him a couple of months (by this i mean 45mins against *insert first League cup opponent here) , he has to start well. In saying that we cant judge it like for like league wise as no way will we start as we did up to the end of October. 

Massive that the team perform better and get results. If we win games but don’t improve the football god knows where that leaves things ??‍♂️

On the League cup, I want us to take this seriously from the off. No, fecking about.

Nookie Bear
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He would have to find Tynie first. 

JT is a ****, that’s accepted. The guy who, on a match day thread would rather have a go at Hearts fans than enjoy the moment. 

Alex Kintner
glynnlondon

There were idiots on here who wanted to give Cathro more time.

Least until we had our arses handed to us by fishermen and dumfy.

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Regardless of what everyone's personal responsibilities Levein is accountable and sixth is unacceptable. It's his job to sort it or walk away.

I'm very much a 'fanboy' as the arseholes put it but I didn't expect him to stay on after two very poor finishes but if he and Ann think he should do another season then they will be doing it for the right reason without sentiment. If that means he reshuffles his staff so be it. Last chance saloon so he has to get it right.

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't think our goalie is fine. A keeper the standard of Jon McLaughlin would have been worth another 6 opoints at least I think.

5 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Our goalie is meh and has been found out on the big occasions - twice.

This for me. Cost us the cup final IMO. His decision making is iffy and, like a few of our recent keepers he's a good shot stopper but not much else. A quality keeper gets you points, makes a massive difference.  I like Zlamal but and we've had worse but that's not enough

The contenders when Cathro left were pretty uninspiring and have gone on to do not very much, or nothing since - Coyle, Pressley etc. In the same way that you look to upgrade players when opportunities appear we should be keeping an eye on who's out there. Genuinely thought Levein would bow out citing health reasons, but let's hope we improve and he leaves a decent platform for whenever, whoever replaces him.

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

He doesn’t add anything interesting and he can **** off, quite frankly :)

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

This for me. Cost us the cup final IMO. His decision making is iffy and, like a few of our recent keepers he's a good shot stopper but not much else. A quality keeper gets you points, makes a massive difference.  I like Zlamal but and we've had worse but that's not enough

I thought Berra sold the winner not Bobby.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I thought Berra sold the winner not Bobby.

Dithered over the penalty and then should have saved it.

2nd came and went down too early. Stand taller longer makes it harder for the striker.

Horrible defending from Berra for both goals but, I think a better keeper doesn’t concede either 

Edited by Jamhammer

Bridge of Djoum
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He doesn’t add anything interesting and he can **** off, quite frankly :)

Ok.