End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

Geoff Kilpatrick

Season's over and Mikey Stewart has caused a 5 page thread. So let's see what Kickback thinks.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Bazzas right boot

No, but if there was an outstanding candidate then yes. 

Making the change to Hartley, Pressley, Robbo, McCann, Wright, Sergio or a journey man English manager is not for me. 

Inch Hearts

Voted no.  There’s no danger that the whole structure will be changed so there’s very little point at this moment in time unless next season begins a complete disaster.  I’ve confidence next season will be a lot better. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Only if a significant upgrade and doesn't jeopardise the infrastructure that is beginning to show signs of growth. 

So probably a no. Come back in October 

Definitely no. We will see fruits of his labour soon.

-who can we afford that would be an upgrade

- a quick look at all sackings recently in football generally confirms improvement rare as s direct result .

Almost 50 votes in and the mere height of a Roman Bednar jump between the two options.

Bridge of Djoum

Wait, after 54 votes the split is 50/50 yet some roaster on another thread claims 99 percent of fans want Levein gone.

Who_put_the_ball_in...
2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Wait, after 54 votes the split is 50/50 yet some roaster on another thread claims 99 percent of fans want Levein gone.

If you actually read my post I was referring to pre cup final. And the 99% was for effect what I meant was you would struggle to find someone that wanted him in. ?end

I had expected Craig to leave his head coach post due to health reasons following his heart scare last autumn.

Even if he stayed as Director of Football he would still have great influence and impact over the Academy and any rolling 5 year action plan.

Bridge of Djoum

50/44

53.19/46.81

99%

Nookie Bear
Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

50/44

53.19/46.81

99%

Yeah, we get it. 

Absolutely.

One decent performance, which still ended in defeat, doesn't disguise the near 7 months of crap!

Time to freshen things up.

No denying the academy is producing, and Levein's had influence in everything positive, but I think the first team need a change at the helm.

The Mercer Takeover

Not so sure you will get an accurate reflection of our support with this. Our team has been getting booed of the park every week in the stadium, yet many on here don't go or simply refuse to acknowledge it.

I will renew the same day Levein has been sacked and hopefully cleansed from our Club.

Hard CLexit please.

Calebs Grandad

My personal opinion is that we will see significant benefits of our Academy set up next season and Levein should be given that time to see it through. 

Mister Dee

He’s had his chance, and there has been little progress in proportion to the investment in the squad. Too many duff signings. 

Boring, negative football has become to painful to enjoy. 

Will be delighted to be proved wrong next season. 

I said before the final that whatever way it went we still needed a change in head coach and my opinion remains the same.

Did not like Levein 1st time  as manager And still don’t like him  2nd time around 

Edited by j1964m

jamtartan74

I was torn but voted yes after a while of thought. Saturday brought back how it felt being a Hearts fan, proud of the effort both on and off the park and if that could be replicated next season I would like him to stay. However, I can’t ignore the last 6 month or so. I would like him to still be involved in the club as head of academy or if we stick with the DoF then go back to that role but we need a new direction and ideas on the pitch. 

All the fans voting no, wait until the first visits of the new season to places like Celtic Park and Ibrox and we sit in and play for a draw!!

he won’t change his style next season.

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

All the fans voting no, wait until the first visits of the new season to places like Celtic Park and Ibrox and we sit in and play for a draw!!

he won’t change his style next season.

Correct.

Change required IMO.

14 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

My personal opinion is that we will see significant benefits of our Academy set up next season and Levein should be given that time to see it through. 

14 minutes ago, Calebs Grandad said:

He got enough players this season and the team is 100% HIS. 

If he can’t get the best out of the players now what makes you 

think it will be any different with Academy youngsters ?

25 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Not so sure you will get an accurate reflection of our support with this. Our team has been getting booed of the park every week in the stadium, yet many on here don't go or simply refuse to acknowledge it.

I will renew the same day Levein has been sacked and hopefully cleansed from our Club.

Hard CLexit please.

True, but it’s so tense. Never tenser. Anyway, the OP clearly states it’s to gauge Kickback’s opinion.

With a heavy heart, as I genuinely do like Craig Levein, it's a "Yes" from me.

He's too negative for me and, despite our injuries this season, he should have got more out of what we had left.  Dundee made us look like diddies at Tynie FFS.  And they weren't the only ones.

Edited by Le Chat

cosanostra
3 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

He's too negative for me and, despite our injuries this season, he should have got more out of what we had left.  Dundee made us look like diddies at Tynie FFS.  And they weren't the only ones.

Agree with all of that.

He's had more than enough time and his results are an embarrassment.

Time to try something new.

Haringshairband

I'm willing to give Levein another season as manager with the caveat that results and performances improve. I'm actually quite excited by the prospect of the "jam tomorrow" and I have the patience required to wait and judge around Christmas.

Anybody voting for Levein to stay next season must be watching a different team from the rest of us.

We have been utter gash for far too long. 

And bringing in one of his clipboard holders isn’t the answer either.

I want an experienced coach who leads training to take charge of the team. Not a fan of Levein leaving training to rookies like Daly, Fox, McPhee...

I do wonder if Levein was more involved in the week leading up to the final as the team seemed a lot more organised at Hampden.

I also want to tap into the network of a better coach as well - someone who can identify better players and bring in better personnel to support them.

oh ah grantona

New manager with the directive of playing attacking no fear football whilst playing a lot of the youngsters 

Levein can oversee it from boardroom 

Nobody at club currently either 

Mr Elwood P

A month until pre-season, already signed Halkett and White, retrained the best players from last season. It’s a no from me!

Ron Burgundy

This will have as much credibility as the Evening News Best Goalie poll.

Every vermin infiltrator will vote to keep him.

CL managed to squeeze a performance out of a team. Yahoo. It was a Cup final, man. Squeezing, cajoling etc. really shouldn't be necessary. 

Our performance levels, individually and collectively, have been abysmal. The team looks clueless from kick off in most games. No plan, no aim, no direction. There's been the odd 20 minutes, even an entire half (yippee), when we've played well. But it's rarely risen above "playing well" and certainly doesn't last.

I fear next season is going to be the same. We'll probably scrape top six, rarely look like an actual football team and it's extremely unlikely we'll strike gold again in Cup draws.

Heart of Midlothian are sleepwalking into a future of mediocrity and apathy but still some believe that it's all going to be okay. That somehow Craig Levein's approach to football is going to miraculously click into place and be successful and pleasant to watch?

Sadly, I'm going to get the Hearts that the "CL should stay" punters deserve. 

Fecking depressing.

Pants Shaton
45 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Hard CLexit please.

The fact is, beyond pockets of vocal critics, Levein still commands the support of the Hearts support - of which JKB is not representative.

Thankfully we are run by people with vision and Hearts supporters will reap the rewards in the next few years.

ST bought and FoH pledge increased in anticipation of a great season and future for the club.

Edited by Pants Shaton

21 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

He got enough players this season and the team is 100% HIS. 

If he can’t get the best out of the players now what makes you 

think it will be any different with Academy youngsters ?

He will suffocate all these young players attacking instincts I’m afraid

Levein has become an even more cautious manager as the years go by

He had a game plan on Saturday that almost worked (it didn’t), but it’s not his style or mindset to attack teams

eg Bordouex, we sat in, stole a late goal, but defended deep for 90 minutes, but in the second leg at home he didn’t know what to do, when we should have played a more positive style.

Saturdays performance was admirable, however no matter who the opposition was, Craig Levein would have set us up cautiously.

Time to go... but I’m certain he won’t, although the pitch forks will be out if we struggle to get out the League Cup section 

N Lincs Jambo
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

No, but if there was an outstanding candidate then yes. 

Making the change to Hartley, Pressley, Robbo, McCann, Wright, Sergio or a journey man English manager is not for me. 

The outstanding candidate has just taken the Scotland job so it’s a no from me too.

OmiyaHearts

League form can't be ignored and unlikely we'll get such an easy run of cup matches next season. 

5 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

The fact is, beyond pockets of vocal critics, Levein still commands the support of the Hearts support - of which JKB is not representative.

Thankfully we are run by people with vision and Hearts supporters will reap the rewards in the next few years.

ST bought and FoH pledge increased in anticipation of a great season and future for the club.

Pockets of vocal critics doesn’t mean there aren’t more. 

I think there’s a lot of quiet discontent. Certainly in the fans bar and other Gorgie pubs after games towards the end of the season I felt the atmosphere was most had had enough. 

4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

How is that a fact?

If by pockets of vocal critics you mean the fans that actually watch the turgid football week in week out, then you would be correct.

Bridge of Djoum
59 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yeah, we get it. 

It would appear many don’t. As long as people peddle lies and offer complete nonsense over any kind of balance I will continue to call them on it. 

99,  Nooks lad. It’s complete bollocks. 

King prawn
29 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

This is where I’m at 

4 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

The fact is, beyond pockets of vocal critics, Levein still commands the support of the Hearts support - of which JKB is not representative.

Not in my circles, he doesn't. Family, friends, pubs before and after games and the overall consensus seems the same: he should be removed. I genuinely haven't spoken to a fellow Jambo who is happy about the way things are going.

He does still seem to have the respect of the majority, based on his playing career and his first managerial stint, but many are, to say the least, disgruntled.

Absolute Scenes
15 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

This will have as much credibility as the Evening News Best Goalie poll.

Every vermin infiltrator will vote to keep him.

that's funny...by that logic it means that 47% of thread readers are Hibs fans, so effectively nearly half of kickbackers on here are hibbies?

Is that what you are saying?