End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That was what we tried to do with Cathro.  It was an imaginative appointment which we now know failed but I feel that was largely down to Cathro's lack of communication skills and charisma, rather than his coaching ability.  Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Did Levein not know Cathro lacked communication skills and charisma when he appointed him Head Coach??? ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

26 minutes ago, gedster said:

Take away the vermin infiltrators and "Levein to go" will still be comfortably winning.

You seriously believe that?

How many Hibs fans do you honestly think have voted on the poll?

I can only speak for myself but 50/50 seems about right amongst the Hearts fans I know.

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

475 to 474 

Looks like folk are willing to give things a bit longer. 

Polling only 50% is hardly a glowing endorsement....

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You seriously believe that?

How many Hibs fans do you honestly think have voted on the poll?

I can only speak for myself but 50/50 seems about right amongst the Hearts fans I know.

I said when he was appointed that Levein was a divisive character  - that is what we now have - a divided support.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Polling only 50% is hardly a glowing endorsement....

It’s not quite headline making, sacking material either though....

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I said when he was appointed that Levein was a divisive character  - that is what we now have - a divided support.

Well we’re either much improved next season or he’ll leave the club. 

I think we’ll be much improved - win for me/all of us.

If we’re not he leaves Hearts - win for those who want to see him gone.

Another season isn’t going to kill anyone. Time will tell where we end up. I’m looking forward to it already ?

siegementality
3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

It’s not quite headline making, sacking material either though....

You can attempt to dress it up how you want but it’s pretty bad when half of those that voted want him gone. 

Just now, siegementality said:

You can attempt to dress it up how you want but it’s pretty bad when half of those that voted want him gone. 

I’m attempting to dress nothing up. 50/50 seems about right to me amongst the fans I know. It’s not the unanimous numbers of where we were shortly before Cathro left the club though.

There will be a big swing on CL one way or the other dependent on next season, imo.

I voted no. I like Levein, albeit I felt last season was a disappointment. I believe he's a decent manager and I think the manager merry-go-round system doesn't work. Look at Fergie with Man Utd (I'm not comparing Levein to him before anybody suggests), it took him time to be successful. I believe we're a short time away from an exciting time as a club.

2 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Well we’re either much improved next season or he’ll leave the club. 

I think we’ll be much improved - win for me/all of us.

If we’re not he leaves Hearts - win for those who want to see him gone.

Another season isn’t going to kill anyone. Time will tell where we end up. I’m looking forward to it already ?

What a terrible way to look at things, close your eyes and hope for the best. Nothing I have seen this season since October gives me any hope of the football or results improving. It’s difficult decision to make as Budge doesn’t have anyone to lean on in regards to this. Or I’d imagine she wouldn’t feel comfortable doing the recruitment process as she has previously said she doesn’t know much about the football side.

The fact is financially the club will suffer if we sign a raft of new players who again are not good enough for this league. The fact that only 50% of fans on this site want him to stay  is damning. I really hope we make a change 

50/50 again after nigh on 1000 votes thats quite interesting from the aspect of why its changed from say 40/60...as id say it was maybe 35/65 before the Cup Final. Performance , hope , belief whats changed in some voters/posters opinion

5 minutes ago, Whatever said:

I’m attempting to dress nothing up. 50/50 seems about right to me amongst the fans I know. It’s not the unanimous numbers of where we were shortly before Cathro left the club though.

There will be a big swing on CL one way or the other dependent on next season, imo.

Spot on i think this would of been Cathro circa march...

Just now, Hearts_91 said:

What a terrible way to look at things, close your eyes and hope for the best. Nothing I have seen this season since October gives me any hope of the football or results improving. It’s difficult decision to make as Budge doesn’t have anyone to lean on in regards to this. Or I’d imagine she wouldn’t feel comfortable doing the recruitment process as she has previously said she doesn’t know much about the football side.

The fact is financially the club will suffer if we sign a raft of new players who again are not good enough for this league. The fact that only 50% of fans on this site want him to stay  is damning. I really hope we make a change 

And the club wouldn’t suffer financially if we were to get rid, hire a new man and let him rip the squad apart? - all with no guarantee of well, anything really?

CL has proven he can mould a very decent team given time. He showed that at the start of last season. We hope injuries aren’t as bad (surely not??!) We add to the squad with 4/5 signings that aim to improve the first team (not the huge turnover of previous summers. And we let the very talented young players supplement the squad and quality of the squad further.

Taking all of that into account, it would be ridiculous to rip it all up and start again under a new man.

I fully expect HMFC to be much improved next season.

8 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

I voted no. I like Levein, albeit I felt last season was a disappointment. I believe he's a decent manager and I think the manager merry-go-round system doesn't work. Look at Fergie with Man Utd (I'm not comparing Levein to him before anybody suggests), it took him time to be successful. I believe we're a short time away from an exciting time as a club.

??????????

15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

He very much is and always will be but the Cup Final showed its not always a divided support come game time and the team is bigger. The fans will always be divided outside of that as we are all opinionated , from different backgrounds or understanding of things , patience levels and all have forums and social media to bleat on...

Bazzas right boot

We need a swingometer. 

Election night hasn't got a look in. 

50/50 exactly as I type..... 

3 minutes ago, Whatever said:

And the club wouldn’t suffer financially if we were to get rid, hire a new man and let him rip the squad apart? - all with no guarantee of well, anything really?

CL has proven he can mould a very decent team given time. He showed that at the start of last season. We hope injuries aren’t as bad (surely not??!) We add to the squad with 4/5 signings that aim to improve the first team (not the huge turnover of previous summers. And we let the very talented young players supplement the squad and quality of the squad further.

Taking all of that into account, it would be ridiculous to rip it all up and start again under a new man.

I fully expect HMFC to be much improved next season.

Likewise , August there was a few on here still saying this would be an average season next season is where it would click. Think if you’d said then Scottish Cup Final we’d of bitten your hand off no matter how we got there. It def made the season more tolerable. Next season has to be that step forward we expected or there is nowhere to go.

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We need a swingometer. 

Election night hasn't got a look in. 

50/50 exactly as I type..... 

Jon Snow voiceovers

Just now, sadj said:

Likewise , August there was a few on here still saying this would be an average season next season is where it would click. Think if you’d said then Scottish Cup Final we’d of bitten your hand off no matter how we got there. It def made the season more tolerable. Next season has to be that step forward we expected or there is nowhere to go.

Absolutely.

??

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Did Levein not know Cathro lacked communication skills and charisma when he appointed him Head Coach??? ?

Has everything got to be explained to you in words of one syllable?

Cathro was young to become a manager and so was always a risk.  Some new/young managers grow into the job like Villas-Boas while others struggle.  IC was a very good coach, apparently, with European experience in Spain and Portugal as well as here in Scotland and England.  He worked abroad under Nuno Espirito Santos and also with Newcastle under Steve McLaren and Rafa Benitez where he was 1st team coach.  That is a pretty good CV and must be well enough respected for Santos to re-hire him at Wolves.

With hindsight, of which you are clearly a master, it did not work out but that is the danger with people who drag their feet and are frightened of change.  They keep on doing the same things wrong over and over again and expect to get a different result.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Just send him a tweet asking if he's up for commenting on the thread!

Screenshot_20190602-174703_Google.jpg

Is he not a Labourite though he’ll be tweeted not to do it for us because we don’t accept and cowtow to certain people on here so therefore we must be Labour haters and Riley lovers....

Would be superb though...

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Has everything got to be explained to you in words of one syllable?

Cathro was young to become a manager and so was always a risk.  Some new/young managers grow into the job like Villas-Boas while others struggle.  IC was a very good coach, apparently, with European experience in Spain and Portugal as well as here in Scotland and England.  He worked abroad under Nuno Espirito Santos and also with Newcastle under Steve McLaren and Rafa Benitez where he was 1st team coach.  That is a pretty good CV and must be well enough respected for Santos to re-hire him at Wolves.

With hindsight, of which you are clearly a master, it did not work out but that is the danger with people who drag their feet and are frightened of change.  They keep on doing the same things wrong over and over again and expect to get a different result.

Back on topic.

One problem is footballers have personalities some are arrogant ****s if you aren’t strong enough they wont respect or listen to you. Cathro has arrogance but couldn’t command respect from players. When that happens its a lost cause. As a coach he doesn’t need that same voice and players will listen and respect him. 

You won’t know until you try if that voice is there. Unfortunately it wasn’t. This was eaten alive by players , media and fans 

Could one of the CL fans point to the facts supporting their view that he is a good manager.

Bridge of Djoum
20 minutes ago, Whatever said:

When you weigh up the poll results so far against those who have claimed...

''99 percent want him gone''

''No -one supports CL''

"No one I know is renewing''

''Everyone I know hates him''...

It shows these claims to be utter fantasy by the posters with a very clear agenda. The poll has done little in real terms but it has shown up those who are blatantly lying. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Could one of the CL fans point to the facts supporting their view that he is a good manager.

That's been covered to death on many other threads. And you are well aware of that.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Could you post one post where you don’t blame CL for everything from ruining Tony Watt to Rudi going back home to play longer? 

I’m assuming you are at least ages with my dad and as such i’ll be polite and respectful to you however I think having watched Hearts for 60+ years you would understand things now in the big picture are great , better than its ever been , things on the pitch are slightly below average for us and that and therefore have some patience.

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Barack said:

******NO IS LEADING, PEOPLE!*****

Incredible news. Stay tuned. Only 20 votes until it's crowned Champion!

:wow:

Image result for nail biting gif

I haven't been this nervous since I watched the hideous glass frontage being fitted. A proper balls-up by the contractors, I thought.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

******NO IS LEADING, PEOPLE!*****

Incredible news. Stay tuned. Only 20 votes until it's crowned Champion!

:wow:

Can we still hit the projected 99 percent want him out though if not thats a win already ?

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Can we still hit the projected 99 percent want him out though if not thats a win already ?

You get onto MORI, I'll liaise with Gallup. Let's see if we can get this sorted out.

Just now, Barack said:

*****THE NO LEAD HAS STRECHED TO TWO VOTES NOW*****

Could this be a classic comeback deep into injury time...?

:scenes:

More wanting him to stay than go now :pleasing: 

Lots of posts on here stating that they have never spoken to anyone at a match who wants him to remain, give me a shout next home game and we can have a blether, maybe even a pre-match pint and we can sort that for you.  :thumbsup: 

23 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

The past suggests Levein 3rd year shows marked improvement (us last time round 5-5-3, Dundee U similar?). I therefore think he gets next year to add the 3 or 4 attacking players to a solid core to the team. Add to that a few of the youngsters maybe ready to play a bigger part, and surely less injuries and I am hopefully of a much stronger season.

That said I do think the support is split given how poor we have been, therefore a strong start to the season with convincing progress through league cup will be very important to get the 50-50 moving back in his favour. Improving home form also essential

Just now, Bridge of Djoum said:

You get onto the MAORIS, I'll liaise with Gallup. Let's see if we can get this sorted out.

What do the New Zealanders have to do with it. Might be a bit difficult however i have a maori tattoo on my knee if that counts and I can be spokesman on their behalf?

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, graygo said:

More wanting him to stay than go now :pleasing: 

Lots of posts on here stating that they have never spoken to anyone at a match who wants him to remain, give me a shout next home game and we can have a blether, maybe even a pre-match pint and we can sort that for you.  :thumbsup: 

Aye but everyone...EVERYONE that has voted for him to stay NEVER goes to games and /or is a vermin infiltrator. 

Take away those 2 reasons and you'll discover the actual amount that want him out is 98.91 percent. Still not quite the 99 percent claimed, but close. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

*****THE NO LEAD HAS STRECHED TO TWO VOTES NOW*****

Could this be a classic comeback deep into injury time...?

:scenes:

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, sadj said:

What do the New Zealanders have to do with it. Might be a bit difficult however i have a maori tattoo on my knee if that counts and I can be spokesman on their behalf?

That'll probably make more sense than my idea. 

DO IT SADJ!

Bridge of Djoum
1 minute ago, Barack said:

*****THE LEAD IS NOW THREE (3)*****

This, ladies & gentlemen of JKB & the wider community, is looking like an unlikely, & historic victory. Unless a drastic last minute challenge from new members happens.

Keep voting "1st time posters long time readers". You are the silent voice!??

Image result for down to the wire gif

5 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

That'll probably make more sense than my idea. 

DO IT SADJ!

A quick call to Maori HQ (done through esp by rubbing my tat) suggests that the poster claiming 99% is indeed talking shite and as a group our indigenous Polynesian friends as a collective are backing Craig to turn it around next season....

Edited by sadj

The good thing is whichever side loses can start campaigning for another referendum and we can do it all again!

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, sadj said:

A quick call to Maori HQ (done through esp by rubbing my tat) suggests that the poster claiming 99% is indeed talking shite and as a group our indigenous Polynesian friends as a collective are backing Craig to turn it around next season....

I'm calling the Papua New Guineans. 

Bridge of Djoum

Shit.

Turns out I had the wrong number and got through to the Brand New Heavies instead. They said they'd love to get involved but are far too busy singing their camels to bed...

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, Prof said:

Still waiting to read the massive list of achievements of CL as a manager.

Reported for trolling.

Just now, Prof said:

Still waiting to read the massive list of achievements of CL as a manager.

Still waiting for you to answer peoples questions based on your 60+ years of watching Hearts. Most Hearts managers don’t have a huge list of achievements in football. Most have also not been appointed Scotland manager though.

The no trophies pish is just that. Absolute pathetic way to judge a manager anywhere outside of Rangers and Celtic

Do the votes of Hibs interlopers and other forum trollers get deducted or do we have a %error to this vote?

As someone who has been keen to see a new manager in post for quite some time, what I really don't want is for us to see how things go and then make a change in October/November if there is no obvious sign of improvement.

I actually think the time has already passed to make the change.  I was really hoping we had someone lined up to take over and we would announce the change in the week after the Cup final. But if Levein is staying he may as well get the whole season. 

Edited by gnasher75

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Do the votes of Hibs interlopers and other forum trollers get deducted or do we have a %error to this vote?

So how would you know what they voted?

23 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Image result for nail biting gif

I haven't been this nervous since I watched the hideous glass frontage being fitted. A proper balls-up by the contractors, I thought.

:lol:

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, sadj said:

+/_ 99%

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

As far as one of those forums is concerned, you just need to ascertain how one of the posters voted... it’s an entire forum of wee dugs nodding away. ?

Just now, redjambo said:

I’m just here to ask the questions not come up with the solutions though i’d say one is more likely to vote no one yes hence asking if we have a %error to cover it. Going by the posts of some we require a 50% error allowance(my maths may be wrong its sunday)