End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

wattie exploited
On 29/05/2019 at 11:41, neilnunb said:

Absolutely.

One decent performance, which still ended in defeat, doesn't disguise the near 7 months of crap!

:spoton:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Inch Hearts
54 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Agreed haha :laugh:

Its all good mate, these are the places for discussions and opinions so no harm done

Definitely.  We both know the Hampden and want what’s best.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t think he reversed it, to do that he would have to be unbeaten in nine games. He has 3 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws. Distinctly average as with everything else he does I’m afraid.

well, he reversed then?

no wins in ten and no win at ER... by  beating them and winning at ER. 

Glad we agree.

Anway, splitting hairs, he improved us v hibs after a bad run, cba arsed argueing about another silly point tbh.

Quite frightening that nearly 50% of the board cant see what’s right in front of them....either that or they simply don’t watch/attend Hearts games.

Bridge of Djoum

Sakes! Getting too close to that 99 percent  mark for my liking. Promise I’ll donate 200 nicker to KB and deactivate my account when it gets to 65 percent. 

Panicking man. Pure shiting myself. 

Bridge of Djoum

It’s interesting to read the staunch levein oot mob are applying nuance and caveats to the poll results, whilst in everyday arguments about CL and MS they tend to be very black and white, almost myopic. 

18 minutes ago, Mort said:

Quite frightening that nearly 50% of the board cant see what’s right in front of them....either that or they simply don’t watch/attend Hearts games.

And some people can only see what's in front of them.

51 minutes ago, Mort said:

Which nearly 50% are you talking about? 

56 minutes ago, Mort said:

Or maybe they have a different view for a reason and see not just whats in front of them but comprehend other reasons why its not as it could be and look at the big picture. You just pop up on threads saying oh Levein the bad man....Even the one on the record turnover. Budge is a good businesswoman but bad person cause she hasn’t sacked Levein. ???

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Which nearly 50% are you talking about? 

Indeed. 

Leveins Battalion

Oor Craig is a thick skinned character,thankfully he is much more patient and calmer than myself and a lot of other fans.Folk saying hes a shite manager should ask Dundee Utd fans what they they think of him.He got took on to oversee everything,from under 7's to Steven Naismith,one day I'm pretty confident we will look back and appreciate all he done for our club however in the short term I'm 100%confident we will sign better players this coming season if not I am emailing Ann Budge and demanding a refund for my ST.

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Or maybe they have a different view for a reason and see not just whats in front of them but comprehend other reasons why its not as it could be and look at the big picture. You just pop up on threads saying oh Levein the bad man....Even the one on the record turnover. Budge is a good businesswoman but bad person cause she hasn’t sacked Levein. ???

Indeed. 

Well that’s my view? Not sure what’s wrong with stating that. 

The fact is that we have finished 6th in back to back seasons and the product on the park is consistently very difficult to watch both home and away, hence the 50% comment. How long can we keep saying it’ll be better next season? 

I don’t have faith in the current regime to do much better next term and would much prefer someone else to take over to freshen things up ahead of next season. 

Inch Hearts
1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Sakes! Getting too close to that 99 percent  mark for my liking. Promise I’ll donate 200 nicker to KB and deactivate my account when it gets to 65 percent. 

Panicking man. Pure shiting myself. 

So you’ve nothing constructive to add and making light of the fact it’s not a few greeting faced loudmouths wanting change of manager but the majority of this forum?

No bother. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

51% yes

49% no

Nicola would love that result!!

If you fillet out the “no” voters who actually do not go to matches, and Hibs interlopers who want Levein to stay, you would get a different result.

What the poll tells us is that we now have a totally divided support - I said Levein was a divisive character when he was appointed and was condemned for it by some on here.

Irrespective of new players coming in Levein will not change his defensive mind set - fine against Celtic in a cup final, but hopeless away to the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren.

We need a fresh start on the park. 

Nonsense about Hibs interlopers. His record over 30 years against Hibs explains why they hate him. They want him gone.

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

So you’ve nothing constructive to add and making light of the fact it’s not a few greeting faced loudmouths wanting change of manager but the majority of this forum?

No bother. 

Hey, if some are to be believed, JKB will score 200 sheets and I’ll be gone forever. 

5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

No bother. 

And the total number of votes cast on here represents less than 5% of the total Hearts support so is really completely meaningless. As I said on another thread it’s just the ar***oles on jkb that have voted in the poll. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And the total number of votes cast on here represents less than 5% of the total Hearts support so is really completely meaningless. As I said on another thread it’s just the ar***oles on jkb that have voted in the poll. 

So you've voted then.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So you've voted then.

Of course I have. Used all of my 10 accounts to sway the vote. 

Inch Hearts
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Definitely.  Include me in the arsehole list.  ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
30 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Of course I have. Used all of my 10 accounts to sway the vote. 

That 5-5 split has swung things!

46 minutes ago, Mort said:

Well that’s my view? Not sure what’s wrong with stating that. 

The fact is that we have finished 6th in back to back seasons and the product on the park is consistently very difficult to watch both home and away, hence the 50% comment. How long can we keep saying it’ll be better next season? 

I don’t have faith in the current regime to do much better next term and would much prefer someone else to take over to freshen things up ahead of next season. 

Thats a reasoned position though its not what you’ve been saying its how its said. There is a calm sensible way to do it like you have there or a mash the keyboard on every thread til someone listens as you think they are wrong. 

48 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Nonsense about Hibs interlopers. His record over 30 years against Hibs explains why they hate him. They want him gone.

They really dont

43 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Every Hearts supporter I speak to before during and after games.

My mates family work colleagues .

There is not one who wants Levein to stay.

Not one .

3 minutes ago, jake said:

Every Hearts supporter I speak to before during and after games.

My mates family work colleagues .

There is not one who wants Levein to stay.

Not one .

Could be but I find that remarkable if your circle of hearts supporting acquaintances is more than a handful of people. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Could be but I find that remarkable if your circle of hearts supporting acquaintances is more than a handful of people. 

I go to games with 4 others.

In the boozer before and after I often find myself sticking up for Levein mostly because folk can be ott.

Work isn't as bad but most are scunnered and think it's time for a change.

I have yet to meet or hear from anyone outside of this forum who feels different.

And every hibee I know wants him to stay.

19 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a reasoned position though its not what you’ve been saying its how its said. There is a calm sensible way to do it like you have there or a mash the keyboard on every thread til someone listens as you think they are wrong. 

Think who is wrong? I’ve stated my own view on a few threads as it’s message board. Haven’t disregarded anyone else’s. I didn’t think the obvious needed spelled out in terms of where we are but anyway, no point getting into it to be honest. ?

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What are the Hearts supporters you know saying about CL?

Genuine question, bud. Not being arsey or attempting to put you on the spot.

Jambos I know, or speak to at games/in the pub, appear to want his departure. Some are actually quite graphic and explicit when giving their opinion on CL. Haven't spoken to a single fan in the last few months who believes in him.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Do people really think only 5% of ST holders are on jkb? ?

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Jambos I know, or speak to at games/in the pub, appear to want his departure. Some are actually quite graphic and explicit when giving their opinion on CL. Haven't spoken to a single fan in the last few months who believes in him.

Same for me.

2 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

In my offline experience there is no way the Hearts support is split.

I'm afraid they are all wanting change.

That's also been the overwhelming chat the last few games at home when going for a half time smoke.

Levein will hoover up the over 60's vote no problem.

Meanwhile back in the real world, hearts fans don't want another season of Levein. They just don't.

4 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Levein will hoover up the over 60's vote no problem.

Meanwhile back in the real world, hearts fans don't want another season of Levein. They just don't.

Not even if we start as well as last season?

54 minutes ago, jake said:

I go to games with 4 others.

In the boozer before and after I often find myself sticking up for Levein mostly because folk can be ott.

Work isn't as bad but most are scunnered and think it's time for a change.

I have yet to meet or hear from anyone outside of this forum who feels different.

And every hibee I know wants him to stay.

Lots of fans are scunnered. Different from wanting another change of management. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Lots of fans are scunnered. Different from wanting another change of management. 

I'm just giving my experience.

Its wildly different from this poll.

26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not sure. Did anyone actually say that? 

I said that circa 750 have voted. There’s roughly 15000 Hearts fans at home games. That’s 5% exactly. There are a lot more Hears fans that don’t go to every home game so that makes the number that have participated in this poll less than 5% of total Hearts fans making the outcome meaningless. If we have indyref 2 and less than 5% vote should we take any notice of the result of the poll? 

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Not even if we start as well as last season?

It's now obvious that no matter what has been on display people would love that start.

But I want more than what we were served up.

Because for over two thirds of 18/19 was shit to watch.

Just now, jake said:

I'm just giving my experience.

Its wildly different from this poll.

Mines is the opposite. Suppose it depends on the demographics of the group you interact with.  Mine are mostly old farts who have been here so many times before and have seen the damage of revolving doors for managers. For once we have an owner that said she was going to play the long game, which I applaud, so let’s see how it plays out. Only one more year until she hands over the keys to the stadium in any case. 

45 minutes ago, martoon said:

See earlier post 

Edited by soonbe110

It seems it's easy to vote yes but it would be nice if those doing so could tell us who their preferred head coach/manager would be. The list of people who are available, affordable, would want the job and would be universally accepted by the Hearts support isn't very big, I'm afraid. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Mines is the opposite. Suppose it depends on the demographics of the group you interact with.  Mine are mostly old farts who have been here so many times before and have seen the damage of revolving doors for managers. For once we have an owner that said she was going to play the long game, which I applaud, so let’s see how it plays out. Only one more year until she hands over the keys to the stadium in any case. 

Not about Budge though.

And I've had a few bangers go on about her when discussing levein.

Imo she's done fine.

I'm an older fart to mate.

It's nothing to do with having seen worse times.

It's all to do with our style and the inability to change the basics which has affected our game.

Handing over the keys to the first team would be better now imo.

3 minutes ago, Musemic said:

It seems it's easy to vote yes but it would be nice if those doing so could tell us who their preferred head coach/manager would be. The list of people who are available, affordable, would want the job and would be universally accepted by the Hearts support isn't very big, I'm afraid. 

Absolute nonsense.

Winners would be a start.

And no it's not easy to advocate getting rid of Levein.

I watched him play .

I also know he is a good Hearts man.

So the fek am I.

Are you gonna give me the job?

Edited by jake

Just now, jake said:

Not about Budge though.

And I've had a few bangers go on about her when discussing levein.

Imo she's done fine.

I'm an older fart to mate.

It's nothing to do with having seen worse times.

It's all to do with our style and the inability to change the basics which has affected our game.

Handing over the keys to the first team would be better now imo.

Fair enough. Everyone entitled to their own opinion. We will know soon enough. 

So my understanding is if it was 90% out in the poll then it would be representative of the support so it would be good its 50/50 so its not representative of the support only the arseholes and therefore not good and dismissed! But...The fan in the street everywhere wants rid even though the fan in the street is also represented by JKB and that says 50/50 so really one group of fans wants him out the other doesn’t so really the poll told us nothing except 100% of people can’t agree

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Fair enough. Everyone entitled to their own opinion. We will know soon enough. 

Sound mate

Just now, sadj said:

So my understanding is if it was 90% out in the poll then it would be representative of the support so it would be good its 50/50 so its not representative of the support only the arseholes and therefore not good and dismissed! But...The fan in the street everywhere wants rid even though the fan in the street is also represented by JKB and that says 50/50 so really one group of fans wants him out the other doesn’t so really the poll told us nothing except 100% of people can’t agree

No I'm just posting my experience.

And it's not this poll.

Just now, jake said:

Sound mate

On reflection it is about Budge. She is the one that decides if CL keeps his job. She has got most decisions right so far so I trust her on this one. I also think he should be allowed one more year. 

I think a lot of the frustration comes from us moving faster than was originally planned. She gave him 2 years to get out of the championship and he did it in one. She gave him five years to get us back into Europe and he did it in two. She had planned the incremental income form the main stand would play to her original timelines. We needed investment in the team sooner and heavier than she planned. She tried to meet demands for playing budget. As I say one more year and we will know. Money from stand now flowing in, two cup runs that should have brought in £750-1,000k unplanned income. 

5 minutes ago, jake said:

No I'm just posting my experience.

And it's not this poll.

STs are all that count. If by the start of the season they're anywhere near last year's (after 2 6ths etc etc) then that's a strong indicator that in general most fans think we're heading in the right direction. Of course some may not like the manager or football but it still means they have faith we'll turn things around. A large drop-off would obviously get Budge thinking. 

9 minutes ago, jake said:

Absolute nonsense.

Winners would be a start.

And no it's not easy to advocate getting rid of Levein.

I watched him play .

I also know he is a good Hearts man.

So the fek am I.

Are you gonna give me the job?

Sorry, but you didn’t mention any names. That was the posters point I think. Too easy to say Levein out without any thought as to whom we would likely get to replace him. 

Toxteth O'Grady

From this poll he splits the support down the middle. For me his record of never winning anything in his entire career as player or manager suggests we could do better. 

8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Probably. My point was that a poll with 5% or less of the electorate participating is a complete waste of time. Interesting on the other poll that 80% agree we should have a DoF yet many on here voice very strong views against. Who knows what we know on here!