End of season Craig Levein poll

Geoff Kilpatrick

End of season Craig Levein poll  

1,159 members have voted

1. 1. Should HMFC appoint a new first team manager in the close season?

• Yes
    • No

Brighton Jambo

So many posters so adamant that the majority, if not the vast majority, definitely want Levein to go.  More than 630 votes and less than 15 in it.

some people being made to look a little foolish 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Beast Boy

• Bazzas right boot

• Bridge of Djoum

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Craig and Ann sitting in the boardroom right now hitting refresh so they can decide what to do.

Craigs sweating a bit. 

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So many posters so adamant that the majority, if not the vast majority, definitely want Levein to go.  More than 630 votes and less than 15 in it.

some people being made to look a little foolish 

Same with every poll. 

4 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Not only should he stay, I'd give him a year extension and a pay rise, especially on the back of the news about record turnover. 

The statue will need to wait until we win a trophy.

Good, I'm glad we have you back on board, Olly.

Plan A was great. 

We were flying high and having fun.

Then half the first team got long term injuries.

The coaching staff as a whole didn't have a Plan B.

They knew they'd not have those players for 3-5 months.

They utterly failed to come up with a Plan B in all that time.

Chopping and changing the formation, line-up and tactics baffled everybody in the stands, everybody in the media and baffled our own players too.

"Everything will be good again when the fist team get back from injury" was the prevailing attitude.

They rushed those injured players back into action, some of them then injuring themselves again or being a shadow of their former selves.

It's been a disastrous season and the entire coaching staff needs to be replaced.

They are totally out of ideas.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Almost 50:50. I suppose a follow up question should have asked the Yes voters if their disillusion was having an effect on ST purchases etc.

14 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Almost 50:50. I suppose a follow up question should have asked the Yes voters if their disillusion was having an effect on ST purchases etc.

Probably not Geoff - but IMO that is an indication of their loyalty to their football team rather than an endorsement of Craig Levein.

doctor jambo
18 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

season tickets are bought out of blind optimism, habit, and being a supporter.

numbers rise a bit when we are great and fall a bit when we are poor,

it has always been thus, regardless of who the manager is or their popularity.

those numbers are not really an indicator of support for a manager/board/ CEO

27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Almost 50:50. 

51% yes

49% no

Nicola would love that result!!

If you fillet out the “no” voters who actually do not go to matches, and Hibs interlopers who want Levein to stay, you would get a different result.

What the poll tells us is that we now have a totally divided support - I said Levein was a divisive character when he was appointed and was condemned for it by some on here.

Irrespective of new players coming in Levein will not change his defensive mind set - fine against Celtic in a cup final, but hopeless away to the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren.

We need a fresh start on the park. 

Edited by Thomaso

54 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And if that doesn't work we can try something else until the desired result comes up.

I think this poll is just evidence of my long-held view, that JKB is a better barometer than people think for gauging the mood of supporters. It’s just that it isn’t always reflected in the opinions of those who post most regularly. These polls are often diametrically different in their complexion than the echo-chamber of public posts. The quieter members who read more than they post, mean that things like polls more often reflect my experience of what fans at the games or in the pub say.

Absolute Scenes
46 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

51% yes

49% no

Nicola would love that result!!

If you fillet out the “no” voters who actually do not go to matches, and Hibs interlopers who want Levein to stay, you would get a different result.

What the poll tells us is that we now have a totally divided support - I said Levein was a divisive character when he was appointed and was condemned for it by some on here.

Irrespective of new players coming in Levein will not change his defensive mind set - fine against Celtic in a cup final, but hopeless away to the likes of Hamilton and St Mirren.

We need a fresh start on the park. 

Where's this idea that Hibs fans want levein to stay??

Levein has dominated Hibs several times as manager as well as being beaten by them (same as neilson, same as other managers)

Irrelevant point

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Levein has dominated Hibs several times as manager as well as being beaten by them (same as neilson, same as other managers)

Irrelevant point

Hubs fans won’t want him to stay.

he gets the derby, and  winds them up perfectly 

Absolute Scenes
Just now, doctor jambo said:

Exactly this

Strange comments saying Hibs fans want him to stay

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Levein has comprehensively won the other poll, since he is filling in two jobs and saving us paying 2 people, (I'm sure Ann has seen him alright though :wink: ), we can all now move on

:lol:

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Exactly this

They'll want him to stay because we're going backwards under him.

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What about if we filleted out the “yes” voters who don’t go to matches the Hibs interlopers who want Levein to leave as he has such a good derby record? ??‍♂️

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They'll want him to stay because we're going backwards under him.

they'll want a manager to stay that's managed to beat them 3 times in 6 outings? Pretty good record considering one of those games was a draw

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

they'll want a manager to stay that's managed to beat them 3 times in 6 outings? Pretty good record considering one of those games was a draw

Perhaps, unlike many on here, they can see the bigger picture.

doctor jambo
7 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Perhaps, unlike many on here, they can see the bigger picture.

Hubs have only one picture-  besting us.

Its all they have.

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Irrelevant point

In your opinion!

Hibs fans I know want him to stay because they love the fact that Levein has totally divided our support, and many think Hearts have no chance of winning a trophy under him.

26 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

What about if we filleted out the “yes” voters who don’t go to matches the Hibs interlopers who want Levein to leave as he has such a good derby record? ??‍♂️

Fair point Frank.  The one thing the poll tells us is we now have a totally divided support regarding Levein which is unhealthy.

Inch Hearts
43 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

We won one derby last season.  That’s piss poor from our standards.  

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In your opinion!

Hibs fans I know want him to stay because they love the fact that Levein has totally divided our support, and many think Hearts have no chance of winning a trophy under him.

Neilson - crapped a 2 goal lead to then get papped out the cup by lower league team

Cathro - don't even: his derby record alone should have had him sacked

Levein is miles ahead in these terms

Hibs fans saying they want him to stay is a little cute comfort blanket they cling to, to make it seem that nothing about Hearts phases them - when in actual fact they are consumed by us and they know Levein knows how to play derbies and that frightens them. Plus they absolutely hate getting beat by us with Levein in charge which makes it even sweeter

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

We won one derby last season.  That’s piss poor from our standards.  

How many did Hibs win?

How many were draws?

Inch Hearts
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

How many did Hibs win?

How many were draws?

It’s irrelevant I don’t care how many they won or drew we won a single derby last season to go with a single derby win the year before when there was little to play for.  Hardly has their number these days.  

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Inch Hearts said:

It’s irrelevant I don’t care how many they won or drew we won a single derby last season to go with a single derby win the year before when there was little to play for.  Hardly has their number these days.  

He definitely does and they know it

Lets remember we denied them second place, broke the easter road hoodoo (but likewise they did the same at Tynie) and are no longer going into Derbies afraid

Levein changed us from what we were

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair point Frank.  The one thing the poll tells us is we now have a totally divided support regarding Levein which is unhealthy.

To be fair to CL he wasn't far away from a trophy on Saturday, nothing of his doing it wasn't one, rather unfortunate I would say all in all

Inch Hearts
1 minute ago, Absolute Scenes said:

He definitely does and they know it

Lets remember we denied them second place, broke the easter road hoodoo (but likewise they did the same at Tynie) and are no longer going into Derbies afraid

Levein changed us from what we were

Youre joking right? Levein has won two league games as manager since he’s come back in.  It’s hardly the normal dominance we have over them. 

Absolute Scenes
5 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Youre joking right? Levein has won two league games as manager since he’s come back in.  It’s hardly the normal dominance we have over them. 

same as Lennon

And yet many were spooning him wishing we had a manager like him

Anyway, we'll just agree to disagree otherwise we'll be at this for weeks

Improvement is needed, something we can both agree on

Not now, if it was to happen. It should have been announced and agreed by all parties by now. 

There has been no sign Anne Budge being ready to ditch him.

Think there is far to much respect for Levein to just sack him. 

It's going to have to be a joint decision between Levein and Anne on when he leaves.

Some would say that show Levein has to much power over the club... they are probably right... but there it is... it's not going to change before the start  of next season. 

So, let's get behind the Club and look forward to season 19/20.... 

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Exactly this

Its something that gets trotted out by some of the c50% of posters on here who want rid, and absolutely cannot get their heads around other people disagreeing with their opinion on the matter. Best ignored.

19 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Exactly!

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Its something that gets trotted out by some of the c50% of posters on here who want rid, and absolutely cannot get their heads around other people disagreeing with their opinion on the matter. Best ignored.

Pot kettle black!

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Pot kettle black!

That’s just trolling, Thomaso. 

Bazzas right boot

Hearts fans using hibs to judge our club. 

Give any hibs a good laugh I suppose, make them feel Important. 

The Lennon love in is sickening as well. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The Lennon love in is sickening as well

Yep. It’s also a bit ironic after the things that were flung at you for preferring Rangers to lose the 2016 Cup Final. I assume it’s okay to mention this still. I’m not sure it’s allowed to mention that some posters wanted Hibs to beat Hearts in a derby anymore.

10 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

That’s just trolling, Thomaso. 

It’s not - I think it describes you perfectly.

5 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Hearts fans using hibs to judge our club. 

One of the criteria that Hearts fans judge a season is our results against Hibs.

Its part of the make up of our Club 

Big Team - Wee Team

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yep. It’s also a bit ironic after the things that were flung at you for preferring Rangers to lose the 2016 Cup Final. I assume it’s okay to mention this still. I’m not sure it’s allowed to mention that some posters wanted Hibs to beat Hearts in a derby anymore.

I'm happy disliking rangers more than hibs, still do. Reasons been explained several times, so no bother. ?

It's like calling me too handsome or something ?

Fans using hibs as a benchmark are first to dismiss them as vermin, shite, obsessed, irrelevant etc and also the first to say some Hearts fans have no ambition. 

The irony meter is rattling more than a hibs junkie. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

One of the criteria that Hearts fans judge a season is our results against Hibs.

Its part of the make up of our Club 

Big Team - Wee Team

I judge on league, lc and sc performance. 

Anyway, CL reveresed hibs mini good spell v us so that works in his favour. 

Unsure why it would be used against him. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I'm happy disliking rangers more than hibs, still do. Reasons been explained several times, so no bother. ?

It's like calling me too handsome or something ?

Fans using hibs as a benchmark are first to dismiss them as vermin, shite, obsessed, irrelevant etc and also the first to say some Hearts fans have no ambition. 

The irony meter is rattling more than hibs junkie. 

I agree completely with all of that. ?

I also admire that you are happy to defend your position on that matter and not just greet about it and try and stop it being brought up. Even though I totally disagree with you about it.

I wish others shared your intestinal fortitude.

3 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Yep. It’s also a bit ironic after the things that were flung at you for preferring Rangers to lose the 2016 Cup Final. I assume it’s okay to mention this still. 

Why wouldn't it be okay to mention this still? He should get slaughtered for it till the end of time. 

He said Hibs winning the cup was a "decent outcome", no Hearts supporter would say that. Stop twisting it. 

Just now, smiler said:

Why wouldn't it be okay to mention this still? He should get slaughtered for it till the end of time. 

He said Hibs winning the cup was a "decent outcome", no Hearts supporter would say that. Stop twisting it. 

Because it’s not okay to mention the posters who wanted Hearts to lose to Hibs in a derby. It’s considered trolling.

Pasquale for King
15 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Enzo, Enzo wherefore art thou?

Pasquale, Pasquale, wherefore art thou? 

I’m here, not sure what you want me to say? It’s closer than the Brexit vote ???‍♂️????

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I judge on league, lc and sc performance. 

Anyway, CL reveresed hibs mini good spell v us so that works in his favour. 

Unsure why it would be used against him. 

I don’t think he reversed it, to do that he would have to be unbeaten in nine games. He has 3 wins, 3 losses and 3 draws. Distinctly average as with everything else he does I’m afraid.

Inch Hearts
54 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

same as Lennon

And yet many were spooning him wishing we had a manager like him

Anyway, we'll just agree to disagree otherwise we'll be at this for weeks

Improvement is needed, something we can both agree on

I would hate someone like Lennon as manager due to his management and his personality. 

No bother mate and definitely ?

Absolute Scenes
34 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

I would hate someone like Lennon as manager due to his management and his personality. 

No bother mate and definitely ?

Agreed haha :laugh:

Its all good mate, these are the places for discussions and opinions so no harm done