***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Commercial management by Levein.

If the world and their auntie know we are really looking out for further players prices go up and he gets inundated with agents flogging players when he is busy trying to get pre season sorted

I also have to laugh - too many players last season. Not enough this season - even though it is looking like 5 

?

We’re not buying any players though so the price doesn’t go up. They’re free transfers, it’s all just a case of arranging personal terms with the unattached player!

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Mr Elwood P
51 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If we don’t keep Djoum then we definitely need a replacement. Going into the season with central midfield options of:

Haring

Lee

Bozanic

Cochrane

Irving

leaves us way short of experience and quality.

Edwards as well. 

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I know. I remembered that game wrongly

But anyway, there are many examples backing up what I said. The Djoum who arrived and the Djoum now, it's like two different players quality wise. But anyway with a new deal he may be the original Djoum, and if so then we have a player

Correct. The Djoum now is a 20 times capped Cameroon International who is currently playing at the African Cup of Nations. Not sure if you thinking Djoum is easily replaced or that he can be replaced by Jamie Walker is more hilarious!

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Correct. The Djoum now is a 20 times capped Cameroon International who is currently playing at the African Cup of Nations. Not sure if you thinking Djoum is easily replaced or that he can be replaced by Jamie Walker is more hilarious!

I would wager he tries harder for them. Because I can tell you now the Djoum who arrived was a far more committed player

Edited by rudi must stay

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Cameroon are pish, and 90% of the players at AFCON are pish.

Cruyff Turn
9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Levein will always play the long ball, that's him, and it works in this league. I never felt we didn't compete in the middle, what hurt us was quality in the final third.

You can replace Djoum easy. Never shots, never creates and floats about every once in a while putting a foot in, look at at the Livi game at Almondvale to sum him up, 5-0 down and he didn't give a jot. If he gets a new deal fine I think he's at the stage of his career now where hes ready to show commitment to a team and then you'll have a player, but if not that's life and we move on

Djoums not easy replaced ffs. 

Quite clearly some folk on here don’t have a clue. 

He was our 2nd best player last season after Naismith and our best midfielder by light years.

Rated by his teammates, his manager, other clubs players and managers and one of the best midfielders to ever play the game, Clarence Seedorf. But not by a few clueless flutes on Kickback it seems. ?

Mr Elwood P
Just now, rudi must stay said:

I would wager he tries harder for them. Because I can tell you now the Djoum who arrived was a far more committed player

If you think Jamie Walker and Djoum play the same position you can’t tell me anything! You didn’t even know Djoum was sent off at 1-0 in a game you were ridiculing his performance. He’s a great player, not easily replaced and will be a massive loss if he does leave.

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Djoums not easy replaced ffs. 

Quite clearly some folk on here don’t have a clue. 

He was our 2nd best player last season after Naismith and our best midfielder by light years.

Rated by his teammates, his manager, other clubs players and managers and one of the best midfielders to ever play the game, Clarence Seedorf. But not by a few clueless flutes on Kickback it seems. ?

Spot on CT

56 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

If we don’t keep Djoum then we definitely need a replacement. Going into the season with central midfield options of:

Haring

Lee

Bozanic

Cochrane

Irving

leaves us way short of experience and quality.

Not sure I overly agree with that. Haring is an excellent all round midfielder and each of the others listed are very good ball players, each with differing qualities (and weaknesses).

Haring plus one. The issue is if we lose Haring.

Don't underestimate how hard a year it was for our midfielders last season with little up top, different fullbacks every week and no link between them and the (non) striker.

With Smith and White at FB outside them, Naismith, Washington, Walker all in front and around them and Uche creating space and battering up top, our 2 CMs need to take the ball and play simple next year, they've got support now. The 2nd CM won't even have loads of ball winning to do as Haring is so good at that.

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you think Jamie Walker and Djoum play the same position you can’t tell me anything! You didn’t even know Djoum was sent off at 1-0 in a game you were ridiculing his performance. He’s a great player, not easily replaced and will be a massive loss if he does leave.

There are many words that can describe Djoum in a Hearts top....diverse words to boot....but words that can never be used against Djoum in a Hearts jersey is "great player"....dearie dearie me... ?

WuM surely ?

9 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Levein will always play the long ball, that's him, and it works in this league. I never felt we didn't compete in the middle, what hurt us was quality in the final third.

You can replace Djoum easy. Never shots, never creates and floats about every once in a while putting a foot in, look at at the Livi game at Almondvale to sum him up, 5-0 down and he didn't give a jot. If he gets a new deal fine I think he's at the stage of his career now where hes ready to show commitment to a team and then you'll have a player, but if not that's life and we move on

Erm we fell to bits AFTER he was wrongly sent off. Which tells a very different story to the pish you just posted!!

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Erm we fell to bits AFTER he was wrongly sent off. Which tells a very different story to the pish you just posted!!

We would have fallen to bits with him there. Anyway forgot my post, I see other posters feel the same. 20 caps for Cameroon he should be better for us, anyway you can build a team with guys like him. We need him to make the difference in the middle, he doesn't 

Peter Haring is a centre back, just putting that out there. The argument that he was, which he was, our best midfielder shouldn’t ignore the fact that he was signed to play at the back. I’d like to see someone replace Djoum and someone to cover Haring, just to be safe. I don’t understand the folk championing Cochrane to start seeing game time as he hasn’t done anything to merit it. He defo has potential but he hasn’t shown anything to suggest he should be starting every week and I defo wouldn’t let potential signings pass by on the hope that cochrane steps up. I’d move Bozanic on and potentially one of Lee or Edwards. We need competition for places, not people stagnating. 

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

What I would do though, if the budget allows is bring in a defensive midfielder on a short term contract. Haring would be a big loss for us right now and that hurt us as much as Naismith being out did IMO

Agreed. Someone in the mould of Adao who could slot in to break up play would be good. It's something Djoum does better at than he is credited for and if he goes and Haring was out we'd miss that in the middle

We just signed a number 9 so if he is then he will be using the facilities to keep himself fit. Will never be a Hearts player under Levein.

Mr Elwood P
9 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

There are many words that can describe Djoum in a Hearts top....diverse words to boot....but words that can never be used against Djoum in a Hearts jersey is "great player"....dearie dearie me... ?

WuM surely ?

Depends if you know anything about Football or not I suppose. Anyone I know he played or coaches always think Djoum is great. Folk who don’t really know anything about football think he’s lazy etc. The different perceptions of certain players, are very interesting within our support!

letsalldothebeattie

Seen a few folk on twitter over the past week or two saying we are bringing him in. Haven’t really bought into it yet. If true a great signing he is a melt of a human but he’s a goal scorer so a great addition. Won’t believe anything until something official has been put out by the club

1 minute ago, Shug73 said:

We just signed a number 9 so if he is then he will be using the facilities to keep himself fit. Will never be a Hearts player under Levein.

People would’ve said the same thing for Danny Swanson, Tony Watt etc. Seems to fit the Levein bill perfectly at the moment. A good player that’s lost his way and has problems, but if he can be “fixed” then could be a star. 

SuperstarSteve

Mentioned this on transfer thread. 

Spotted this morning in jeans not taking part in anything. 

Although some lad mentioned he was in Nottingham less than 10hrs ago so it’s unlikely to be him. 

In terms of a winger I really hope Zanatta kicks on. Did really well at Alloa and when I watched him for reserves he always caused problems

...a bit disco

A more selfish footballer than Lafferty even.

No thanks.

letsalldothebeattie
3 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Mentioned this on transfer thread. 

Spotted this morning in jeans not taking part in anything. 

Although some lad mentioned he was in Nottingham less than 10hrs ago so it’s unlikely to be him. 

Nottingham ain’t exactly 10 hours away. Not saying it is but it could be him. Only about 5 hours or so up the motorway

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

A more selfish footballer than Lafferty even.

No thanks.

Also looks like a novelty penguin sex-toy. Wouldn’t fit Team Handsome.

...a bit disco
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yea, verily.

SuperstarSteve
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Nottingham ain’t exactly 10 hours away. Not saying it is but it could be him. Only about 5 hours or so up the motorway

That’s true, too many rumours going around to keep up with. Apparently he won’t be anywhere near the club as levein turned him down in January claiming he is far too much baggage. This comes from Cummings himself and his father (apparently) 

I wouldn’t say no to him arriving that’s for sure. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, bazman said:

In terms of a winger I really hope Zanatta kicks on. Did really well at Alloa and when I watched him for reserves he always caused problems

Better than Morrison?

Hasn't really done it on a consistent basis in any league apart from the Scottish Championship. 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Hughes and Shaughnessy replaced by Halkett

Mitchell replaced by White

Sammon and Vanecek replaced by Washington 

Martin replaced by Walker

Naismith retained and I'm sure Djoum will be replaced if need be. 

It's been a really decent window so far, if I was being greedy I'd want a winger in however McDonald could well be ready to kick on

Agree 

Though with Walker coming in there is also Mulraney and Morrison and perhaps Zanatta perhaps thinks that is enough. 

Edited by Mikey1874

9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:naughty:

On 26/06/2019 at 21:52, cruzabic said:

His Instagram says Olly Lee 7 - I wonder if he's taking that number instead?

Bozanic is 7 so he could be changing his too. 

Just now, StevenNaismith said:

I was at the Oriam all morning and didn’t see him.

Do they have a pool? I’d check there.

Would be a mindless signing.

Hasn't cut it at our level or lower English league level. Seems a total bellend too.

If we want someone who'll need managed closely then Lafferty is a much better bet. At least he's proven he can do it at this level and has never (to my knowledge) bad mouthed Hearts.

My thoughts are we're better off without either but at least one of the has the ability on the park.

Nucky Thompson
18 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

People would’ve said the same thing for Danny Swanson, Tony Watt etc. Seems to fit the Levein bill perfectly at the moment. A good player that’s lost his way and has problems, but if he can be “fixed” then could be a star. 

What problems has he had that needs fixed?

He doesn't have criminal convictions, he hasn't failed a drug test.

He likes a wee laugh and he acts a bit daft, but that's it

Ehhh, wouldn't mind him on a 1 year prove yourself loan/contract. Would be competing with Washington, Ikpeazu and Maclean so not sure he would be keen on the move. Would love for him to come, score against Hibs and give a 5-1 lol 

Hackney Hearts
11 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

levein turned him down in January claiming he is far too much baggage.

Assuming you mean 'has' rather than 'is'...

Who has more baggage - Lafferty or Cummings?

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What problems has he had that needs fixed?

He doesn't have criminal convictions, he hasn't failed a drug test.

He likes a wee laugh and he acts a bit daft, but that's it

He has baggage and that was more my point, if you get me. Someone said Levein wouldn’t touch him referring to his antics and baggage, I just made the point that he seems perfect for Levein. Fits the “moneyball” approach. 

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Assuming you mean 'has' rather than 'is'...

Who has more baggage - Lafferty or Cummings?

Lafferty doesn't go smashing up his room so that could save us a few quid on damages.