***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 minute ago, TheStig said:

Lafferty doesn't go smashing up his room so that could save us a few quid on damages.

Lafferty has actually scored goals at our level as well so that might offset the baggage a little.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

SuperstarSteve
5 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Assuming you mean 'has' rather than 'is'...

Who has more baggage - Lafferty or Cummings?

You assumed correct. 

Lafferty would be my guess, as am no sure Cumming is known for being a bad gambler. 

Edited by SuperstarSteve

1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Lafferty has actually scored goals at our level as well so that might offset the baggage a little.

Absolutely, there are good players out their that have done far worse off the field than Lafferty, fact is when he played for us he gave his all and scored important goals and that is all that should matter.

41 minutes ago, dellboy1971 said:

Heard the rumour that Jason Cummings has been spotted at Riccarton today anyone heard anything

My thoughts are with the Estate Agents at this difficult time..

There is no chance that Cummings will ever sign for us.

Anyway give me big Lafferty over that wee rodent any day of the week!

Edited by Lambo85

gorgieheart
40 minutes ago, dellboy1971 said:

Heard the rumour that Jason Cummings has been spotted at Riccarton today anyone heard anything

I heard a rumour.....

Its Keren, not Karen !!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Certainly not ITK, simply chewing the fat earlier in the week when I suggested we target someone like him.

I think he scores goals, he may not have done it for Rangers, OF goldfish bowl would have been tough for him.

He knows Edinburgh and Hearts, class clown at Hibs, a bit off the rails out of his own environment, possible he would light it up.

Its his type of player we lack, whether its him or someone else of his ilk, not really bothered.

Like anything else, score a couple, hero, miss a couple of sitters, oxygen thief, regardless of previous

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Certainly not ITK, simply chewing the fat earlier in the week when I suggested we target someone like him.

I think he scores goals, he may not have done it for Rangers, OF goldfish bowl would have been tough for him.

He knows Edinburgh and Hearts, class clown at Hibs, a bit off the rails out of his own environment, possible he would light it up.

Its his type of player we lack, whether its him or someone else of his ilk, not really bothered.

Like anything else, score a couple, hero, miss a couple of sitters, oxygen thief, regardless of previous

Possibly

But his 'ilk' is someone who apart from Cup games and a notable relegation play off has not scored at any good level.

Shankland comparable. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Jambo, Goodbye
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

What problems has he had that needs fixed?

He doesn't have criminal convictions, he hasn't failed a drug test.

He likes a wee laugh and he acts a bit daft, but that's it

Like chucking TV's out of windows and destroying his own flat? 

He's an utter bellend and I for one don't want him anywhere near our club. 

Bottom 6 SPL player at best. And that's probably being generous tbh. 

1 hour ago, dellboy1971 said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say I don't think he'll be there for a Heriot Watt open day.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Jambo, Goodbye said:

Like chucking TV's out of windows and destroying his own flat? 

He's an utter bellend and I for one don't want him anywhere near our club. 

Bottom 6 SPL player at best. And that's probably being generous tbh. 

He caused us a bit of grief when he played for Hibs.

I would rather he signed for us than went back to them

Auld Reekin'
3 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and say I don't think he'll be there for a Heriot Watt open day.

Or a graduates reunion.

(Or there at all...)

Edited by Auld Reekin'

4 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

These universities don’t clean themselves......

I get the feeling some people wanting Lafferty back because we had a song for him.? He scored a few big goals for us but he missed loads of sitters and definitely WASNT a team player. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Martin O’Neill sacked by the Tricky Trees 

Fairly getting through the managers

11 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Seemingly yet another 'senior player revolt'

Sabri Lamouchi (ex Rennes & ivory Coast) being tipped as an immediate replacement

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, bazman said:

He can score and put crosses into the box so

He's 22 now though? Morrison hasn't yet turned 20 and has played 10 games more for Hearts. Both seem to have done well on loan?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Players Revolt seemingly  

Crisis club for sure

I think the criticism of Morrison is totally unfounded tbh. He’s a young laddie, a teenager in his first team appearances. He has done well, but needs to work on some things. Crazy writing him off when he clearly has the potential.

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think the criticism of Morrison is totally unfounded tbh. He’s a young laddie, a teenager in his first team appearances. He has done well, but needs to work on some things. Crazy writing him off when he clearly has the potential.

Did well at the start of last season. Lost his way a bit and had injuries. Think he’ll be better with better attacking players around him. 

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He needs to be coached correctly 

This turning back on himself time after time does my head in,  surely he should be coached to run across his man? 9/10 times they'll have to foul him. His Crossing definitely needs work, but if he only used his pace to his advantage and ran across men rather than always checking back on himself he'd be a very decent player for us 

If we want to be challenging for Europe we can’t rely on a centre half playing centre forward if Uche gets injured.

McKenna is rolled out often as an example but he’d played in that position many times before he got to a Hearts.

We aren’t a Sunday pub team......build a proper squad ffs. 4 left backs, 3 right backs but only one real CF.

3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Did well at the start of last season. Lost his way a bit and had injuries. Think he’ll be better with better attacking players around him. 

I agree. Even wingers who are a good few years older than him struggle with consistency. Throw a teenage winger in to his debut season in a team that is in flux from injuries and expect him to set the heather on fire? Dreaming!

5 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

This turning back on himself time after time does my head in,  surely he should be coached to run across his man? 9/10 times they'll have to foul him. His Crossing definitely needs work, but if he only used his pace to his advantage and ran across men rather than always checking back on himself he'd be a very decent player for us 

He’s a boy. He is learning and adapting. Personally I’d rather not try and train that maverick streak out of him, I’d rather let him get on with it and see if he starts doing it more successfully. I’m a winger at heart, if not in ability. I love players who try and do what he does. I’d sooner he was given the chance to become a Suso or a Milinkovic, than have that beaten out of him and end up a ‘run down the bye-line and swing it in to the box’ automaton, personally.

19 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

If we want to be challenging for Europe we can’t rely on a centre half playing centre forward if Uche gets injured.

McKenna is rolled out often as an example but he’d played in that position many times before he got to a Hearts.

We aren’t a Sunday pub team......build a proper squad ffs. 4 left backs, 3 right backs but only one real CF.

??

We have Naismith (fingers crossed), Washington and MacLean who can all play CF.

Edited by Taffin

wentworth jambo
48 minutes ago, bazman said:

He can score and put crosses into the box so

Zanatta should be filed in the Wighton category - Championship player at best....will be a "promising youngster" when he's 30. Genuinely would not have him near the 1st team - we have far better young prospects than Zanatta. Morrison is not the finished article either but has way more chance of getting there than Zanatta. Glad to see signings seem to be a much higher quality...

8 minutes ago, Taffin said:

??

We have Naismith (fingers crossed), Washington and MacLean who can all play CF.

Not like Uche they can’t.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I’ve moved back now but we were in the 5th row of the main stand and most of the time he turned back was because Smith was shouting on the ball. Smith would then turn back and after between 4-8 passes the ball would be hooded forward, stats look great though. The coaches and Smith should be encouraging him to take his man on, Smith doesn’t currently do this.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PTBCAL said:

****ing hilarious ? 

15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Naismith plays it better than Uche.

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Naismith plays it better than Uche.

We play it better with the two of them though.

You need adequate replacements for every position.....especially up front or you are rarely winning games. 

Uche

McLean

Keena

Wighton

Washington

Get another CF in to compete with Uche and with the addition of Walker and Naismith I’d say that part of the squad is done.

25 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I'm inclined to say good. Ideally I'd like us not to rely on a big guy holding the ball up trying to win free kicks.

41 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He’s a boy. He is learning and adapting. Personally I’d rather not try and train that maverick streak out of him, I’d rather let him get on with it and see if he starts doing it more successfully. I’m a winger at heart, if not in ability. I love players who try and do what he does. I’d sooner he was given the chance to become a Suso or a Milinkovic, than have that beaten out of him and end up a ‘run down the bye-line and swing it in to the box’ automaton, personally.

I get he is a laddie,  but run across your man its the basics off being a winger with pace, make that defender make a decision. He'll get it wrong more often than not, and soon you'll have him playing you on a booking or a red card 

Its no all about making it to the byline all the time, be clever with your pace, give your marker decisions to make. Foul me or let me go past you 

55 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

He turns back on himself because 99% of the times he gets the ball the pass is played behind him, not turning back on himself would mean deliberately turning into trouble.

Hopefully every bit of ball work done this season has players running laps for every pass behind someone.

Just now, Taffin said:

I'm inclined to say good. Ideally I'd like us not to rely on a big guy holding the ball up trying to win free kicks.

That is the we play. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

That is the we play. 

Yes, and I don't like it. I also don't think that's how we'll play next year. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

We play it better with the two of them though.

You need adequate replacements for every position.....especially up front or you are rarely winning games. 

Uche

McLean

Keena

Wighton

Washington

Get another CF in to compete with Uche and with the addition of Walker and Naismith I’d say that part of the squad is done.

I guess we are expecting Walker to cover Naismith’s usual role, when he’s not available. It looks to me like we are assembling a forward and advanced midfield group who can play a number off positions:

Naismith - CF, CAM, CM, RM, LM

Walker - RM, CAM, LM

Clare - RM, CM, RW

Washington - CF, RM, CAM, RW

Uche - CF, RW

etc... could be wrong though. ??

Cruyff Turn
17 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

I presume Keena, once fit, will be punted on loan again? 

Probably.

From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a bit away from our level. 

Needs 30 odd games in the Championship next season on loan. If he scores 15-20 goals, he might get a sniff next season. 

Cruyff Turn
3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Yes, and I don't like it. I also don't think that's how we'll play next year. 

We’ve always played like that. 

6 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I get he is a laddie,  but run across your man its the basics off being a winger with pace, make that defender make a decision. He'll get it wrong more often than not, and soon you'll have him playing you on a booking or a red card 

Its no all about making it to the byline all the time, be clever with your pace, give your marker decisions to make. Foul me or let me go past you 

To me his pace is a bonus. I see a guy who can beat players for fun until they double up on him. I’d sooner nurture that side of his game and let him beat player after player. Get the fullback behind him on the same page, and CF knowing what he’s up to, and I have a hope we can see a flair player emerge.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Indeed.