***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

1 hour ago, Mdoug79 said:

Levein isn’t daft, I have a feeling he already knows that Djoum is staying hence why we aren’t looking at a CM, I think the one more is a CF? I’d like it to be Cummings, we could be done with some needle, a different approach. 

Feeling exactly the opposite . Why give someone else his number.? 

Think the other one coming  in after Naisy will be a quality signing to replace Djoum but not necessarily in his position. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Cochrane, MacDonald, Zanatta won’t feature heavily for hearts this coming season. Nothing in Levein suggests he’s gonna start playing them reg. He signed a barrel load of players last season and played many out of position instead of playing youth. Be shocked to see any of the mentioned get more than 8 games this season. 

4 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Feeling exactly the opposite . Why give someone else his number.? 

Think the other one coming  in after Naisy will be a quality signing to replace Djoum but not necessarily in his position. 

I would be happy if u were also correct as long as we replace Djoum with real quality! Very important position ??

Captain Canada

Even if Souttar goes we still have Berra, Halkett, Dikamona and Haring who can all play in central defence. Smith has also covered in there very well too. 

I'd rather any cash was spent on another winger or striker as I still think we're lacking strength in depth in those positions. 

3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Really hope Edwards does well with us, His attitude is fantastic and you can tell how happy he is to be at our club. 

He has had a raw deal here but still gives it everything. He done more when he came in than the likes of bozanic and Lee had done for months. When he gets a run of games I think he could be a big player for us.

skinnybob72

While the signings look decent you have to remember that Walker, White, Washington and Naismith have barely kicked a ball between them for 6 months or longer. 

Our season, other than making the SC final, collapsed on the back of injuries so to continue to sign players who spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch is slightly troubling. 

Edited by skinnybob72

2 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

While the signings look decent you have to remember that Walker, White, Washington and Naismith have barely kicked a ball between them for 6 months or longer. 

Our season, other than making the SC final, collapsed on the back of injuries so to continue to sign players who spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch is slightly troubling. 

In our financial situation that's a chance we've chosen to take but bear in mind if these players did not have such doubts they wouldn't be playing for us.

We also seem to have greater and better depth than last season especially with the young lads being a year older and maybe a year wiser.

39 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Really hope Edwards does well with us, His attitude is fantastic and you can tell how happy he is to be at our club. 

What is Edwards contract situation? I thought he was only given a year when he signed.

3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

That would be a great signing.

typo?

:look: 

32 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I like Zanatta but you can’t help thinking if he was going to make it with us he would have been given more chances by now. He seems to have been around for years but has barely played a game for us.

He got a few chances under Robbie and seemed to do ok but he has never really had a chance since.

Young players need a run of games to try and settle in and gain confidence to show if they have what it takes and he has never really had that.

Maybe if he gets a few games in the pre season he can show if he has what it takes to stay in the  reckoning for a regular place in the squad.

43 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Cochrane, MacDonald, Zanatta won’t feature heavily for hearts this coming season. Nothing in Levein suggests he’s gonna start playing them reg. He signed a barrel load of players last season and played many out of position instead of playing youth. Be shocked to see any of the mentioned get more than 8 games this season. 

But I thought we were meant to be the team that gave all the youngsters a chance to show what they can do?

According to articles in yesterday's and today's daily record he has  "another one to do", says he wants a midfield enforcer. Wonder who he has in mind.

2 minutes ago, feej said:

According to articles in yesterday's and today's daily record he has  "another one to do", says he wants a midfield enforcer. Wonder who he has in mind.

Adao

4 minutes ago, feej said:

We need someone with a bit of arseholeness in him

Far too many softies in this squad for liking 

Every team needs a few arsholes to mix it up when needed 

I'm a bit of an arsehole 

19 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

We need someone with a bit of arseholeness in him

Far too many softies in this squad for liking 

Every team needs a few arsholes to mix it up when needed 

I'm a bit of an arsehole 

I tend to agree but the only problem with that is that if we had one of those he would be getting red cards every other week especially against Broonaldo.

14 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Get Adao back for the derbies 

I would’ve said get Adao back for the games that weren’t derbies personally :lol: 

Mr Elwood P
41 minutes ago, feej said:

Can you post a link?

Mr Elwood P
5 hours ago, kimosavi said:

Still 2 short for me 

Washington has replaced Vanececk 

Walker will replace Djoum 

We are Only Halkett up 

Halkett replaced Hughes &

Shaughnessy and potentially Souttar as well!

Rocky jamboa

I hope we dont go for Cummings. Hes a total idiot. I'd prefer we used the money for a very good central midfielder. Seems to be the one area we're lacking. Defence and up front look fine now. 

I'm another who hopes we aren't interested in Cummings. The lad seems to be a complete daftie, and could find himself in bother at any time. Can't believe Levein and Budge would go for it.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, 1874robbo said:

Adao

Nearly correct, Adams i hope

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Nearly correct.  Adam, I hope.

Touche, jamboAl, touche. ?

Literally just walked past cummings and scott allan on princes street...

Also saw Uche out doing some shopping too.

Saltcoatsjambo

Wouldn't mind the boy Paul Coutts from Sheffield Utd, free agent as well ,my Sheffield Utd mate said he's a cracking player

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, jambo191 said:

Literally just walked past cummings and scott allan on princes street...

Also saw Uche out doing some shopping too.

Did you notice whether Uche had a shopping list with "Hearts tops with Cummings and Allan" highlited on it? 

2 hours ago, busby1985 said:

What youths were ready to play last season? 

You are wrong on Cochrane meantime. He will play if fit. 

Mr Elwood P
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Nearly correct.  Adam, I hope.

If we added Charlie Adam and Steven Naismith to the three signings we’ve made so far ...

Famous 1874
25 minutes ago, Saltcoatsjambo said:

Wouldn't mind the boy Paul Coutts from Sheffield Utd, free agent as well ,my Sheffield Utd mate said he's a cracking player

Saw somewhere that he was training with Aberdeen. Not sure how true.

rick witter

We need Naismith plus at least 2 more to try and get into the top 4 I think. 

Its imperative  that we bring in a top quality midfield player or nothing will change. 

18 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

What youths were ready to play last season? 

You are wrong on Cochrane meantime. He will play if fit. 

Hickey? Played one game, made an instant impact and made the cup final.

My point was that I don’t understand why people think we are gonna suddenly fire in 3 or 4 youth players this season when nothing has happened to suggest we will. People saying we don’t have to replace Djoum as cochrane will feature. Don’t need any more wide players as McDonald/Zanatta will feature. I just don’t see it happening. That was my point. 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Hickey? Played one game, made an instant impact and made the cup final.

My point was that I don’t understand why people think we are gonna suddenly fire in 3 or 4 youth players this season when nothing has happened to suggest we will. People saying we don’t have to replace Djoum as cochrane will feature. Don’t need any more wide players as McDonald/Zanatta will feature. I just don’t see it happening. That was my point. 

Hickey and Cochrane are ready to play 15+ games this coming season. Agree regarding Zanatta, he’s 22 now and plays in the position that is most suitable for a young player to break through in. Don’t think he will make it at Hearts. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hickey and Cochrane are ready to play 15+ games this coming season. Agree regarding Zanatta, he’s 22 now and plays in the position that is most suitable for a young player to break through in. Don’t think he will make it at Hearts. 

Hickey has only played 2 games. 

How can you even say he’s ready to play 15+ games a season already? 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Chaps said:

Those two games were away at Parkhead and the Scottish Cup Final. He is the same age as Tierney was when he broke through at Celtic. He is likely to play the four League Cup group games so I’m sure he will get another 11 matches over the course of the league campaign.

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Talent

Hickey was like having Naysmith at a young age and he went on to have a decent career. Many similarities in them. He will get games this season but a lot will depend on what this White chap is like and if he can cope after being out two years. Then you have Garuccio to come back after injury. I think we'll mix up the left-back position more than other areas throughout the season.

Edited by jambonian

14 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

1EC2DD9F-25F8-4403-ACAF-D41ECA974AFB.thumb.jpeg.3ec56eb68447191105253d035753b180.jpeg

Aye, looks like he’s struggling right enough!

7EAF24E9-A799-48BB-9F68-4CDBB8C00666.thumb.jpeg.454e2e260255ba11d7db8e33c10d234a.jpeg

He's not even on the bench today. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, jambmoz said:

Maybe, but I bet anyone else after Naismith will be more likely to be the unknown gamble type signings we do. Can’t see a Milinkovic or cummings level transfer happening in addition to the players we’ve already brought in.

Thank goodness we're not going for strikers who only score consistently in the Scottish Championship.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Still number 12 and 23 available. 

I always associate #12 for Hearts with Iain Jardine. Another Iain Jardine type would be ideal.

Guest ToqueJambo
14 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

You know he was injured at the end of the season right? Players recovering from injuries will be eased backing over the close season.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Cochrane got about 25 games the season before last and was injured much of last season. Last season Morrison got 30 games. Levein has no problem giving youngsters a good number of games. He just doesn't want to pack the team with inexperienced players. This season it could be Hickey.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cochrane got about 25 games the season before last and was injured much of last season. Last season Morrison got 30 games. Levein has no problem giving youngsters a good number of games. He just doesn't want to pack the team with inexperienced players. This season it could be Hickey.

You kinda helped my point with the doesn’t want to pack the team” comment. Levein has used youth sparingly and favours to bring in experience than go with youth or even play folk out of position than rely on youth. There is no indication that Zanatta, Cochrane and MacDonald are going to feature heavily. People also claiming Morrison will feature heavily as well. That would be almost a third of our starting 11 being youth players, and that’s not even adding in Hickey who I think is more likely to feature than Cochrane or the rest. That was more my point. 

If the young guys are to feature heavily then we need a serious clear out as a smaller squad helps create competition. 

3 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Adao

Just has a quick look at his stats for this year, he was out for basically all of it and didn't make an appearance before the last 4 games but then started all 4, playing 90 mins in each. 

Him and Haring CM together would be something.

Mr Elwood P
49 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

Along with half the Hearts first team squad? Have you got a point? <20 posts and not a positive contribution yet. Suspicious...

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Along with half the Hearts first team squad? Have you got a point? <20 posts and not a positive contribution yet. Suspicious...

I know someone that was watching the team yesterday. Uche was training on his own and looked to be toiling. 

That's all i said, but because i have a low post count you obviously thought i was lying. 

I wasn't.