***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm torn on Morrison. Really liked the look of him, but he had one of the more disturbing disintegrations, young or not.

Not to be given up on, nor hat hung on. Could be done with some Neil McCann coaching

::troll::

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, wentworth jambo said:

Zanatta should be filed in the Wighton category - Championship player at best....will be a "promising youngster" when he's 30. Genuinely would not have him near the 1st team - we have far better young prospects than Zanatta. Morrison is not the finished article either but has way more chance of getting there than Zanatta. Glad to see signings seem to be a much higher quality...

Of the two of them even with zanattas limited appearances I rate him higher than Wighton. He's at least scored 

Bazzas right boot
14 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Levein will always play the long ball, that's him, and it works in this league. I never felt we didn't compete in the middle, what hurt us was quality in the final third.

You can replace Djoum easy. Never shots, never creates and floats about every once in a while putting a foot in, look at at the Livi game at Almondvale to sum him up, 5-0 down and he didn't give a jot. If he gets a new deal fine I think he's at the stage of his career now where hes ready to show commitment to a team and then you'll have a player, but if not that's life and we move on

Belter of a post. 

At 1-0 the game was very even. 

He wasn't on the pitch for  goals 2-5, but you know he never cared?

?

Once Djoum got sent off ( a ridiculous second booking) it was quite clear we missed him. 

Personally wouldn't say no to Cummings, albeit on a short deal with the option to extend.

Knows where the back of the net is, especially in big games. His attitude leaves a lot to be desired sometimes off the park, but reckon that was the Hibs mentality. Countless players of that lot pick up these bad habits and laddish attitudes, while there's very little bad comes from our players, particularly younger ones.

He is a boyhood Hearts fan after all, and this could be his chance to redeem his career, and settle somewhere he likes. Plus, if he scored against the shite it would be a joy to behold.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think the criticism of Morrison is totally unfounded tbh. He’s a young laddie, a teenager in his first team appearances. He has done well, but needs to work on some things. Crazy writing him off when he clearly has the potential.

Yip. 

At the very worse he's a decent squad option. 

Not so sure, I know he is young but he wasnt good last season. As were most of the team the last 5 months.

Morrison had no end product, no goals and was very frustrating to watch. He has age on his side but must kick on or he should be nowhere near the first team. In my opinion of course. 

1 minute ago, Gorgieshed said:

Not so sure, I know he is young but he wasnt good last season. As were most of the team the last 5 months.

Morrison had no end product, no goals and was very frustrating to watch. He has age on his side but must kick on or he should be nowhere near the first team. In my opinion of course. 

He was good at some things last season.

He scored a beautiful goal for us.

The only way he will now “kick on” is by fighting for a first team place.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Wonder if Clevid himself could do a job upfront ala McKenna.

I would absolutey play him up top before  SM and CW, if no uche. 

Mclean only seems able to operate off SN, and in no other way i can see. Wighton.............

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

I get the feeling some people wanting Lafferty back because we had a song for him.? He scored a few big goals for us but he missed loads of sitters and definitely WASNT a team player. 

It was 19!!

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's 22 now though? Morrison hasn't yet turned 20 and has played 10 games more for Hearts. Both seem to have done well on loan?

Morrisons learning over last 2 yrs should see him well ahead of his peers by the time he gets to 22 yrs. Over to him to develop the polish and consistency, but im hopeful. Last seasons wee drop in form was always going to happen.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think the criticism of Morrison is totally unfounded tbh. He’s a young laddie, a teenager in his first team appearances. He has done well, but needs to work on some things. Crazy writing him off when he clearly has the potential.

Agreed. For me a good example of the future of the club and academy culture. 2  Calums a yr will be great ££££€€€€€.

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Halkett scored 6 goals last season, could see him being useful as McKenna type option 

?

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Morrisons learning over last 2 yrs should see him well ahead of his peers by the time he gets to 22 yrs. Over to him to develop the polish and consistency, but im hopeful. Last seasons wee drop in form was always going to happen.

Totally agree with this. Look how much Mulraney has progressed over the last few months. How much can Morrison progress over the next few years? Exciting prospect. Did anyone else from Morrison's age group make it at Hearts? We seem to have players who are 16/17 or 21/22.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

??

We have Naismith (fingers crossed), Washington and MacLean who can all play CF.

Maclean can play CF?? 

Famous 1874
Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Maclean can play CF?? 

Yes, have you not watched him?

Much better at coming deeper and linking the play than actually leading the line. 

pettigrewsstylist

Getting 300k for JW and getting him back 18 mths later is decent.

The very fact Jamie is prepared to return to the "scene of the crime" and face the primed boo boys tells anyone all they need to know ( i knew already) about his character. More like him reqd after that farsical gutless midfield last yr. Welcome home Jamie!!

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Yes, have you not watched him?

Much better at coming deeper and linking the play than actually leading the line. 

Ah, apologies. I was assuming CF meant Centre forward. 

pettigrewsstylist
Just now, Hampden Demolition said:

I’ve heard that we have definitely spoken to Cummings too.

Now that would get my attention. Not sure CL style of play would suit him tho.

Jamie is 100% a Jambo was more his agent tying to get him a move and more money witch no one can complain about that I’m sure everyone of us would do same he’s got to get going back to playing well and he’s definitely a match winner that we’ve missed for years him Naismith in same team could be excellent...good move by club....WELCOME HOME JAMIE 

Hectormasson
5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Getting 300k for JW and getting him back 18 mths later is decent.

The very fact Jamie is prepared to return to the "scene of the crime" and face the primed boo boys tells anyone all they need to know ( i knew already) about his character. More like him reqd after that farsical gutless midfield last yr. Welcome home Jamie!!

Delighted to have him back?????????????????????

Webster and Stevo were forgiven and not even Hearts men so I am going to personally let the previous Walker stuff slide and hope he has learned his lesson and bangs them in for us again.

He could make the difference against the smaller teams, which is where we struggled and he could step into the Naismith roll when injured. Assuming the aren't both injured at the same time

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Hampden Demolition said:

I’ve heard that we have definitely spoken to Cummings too.

Hed be a good option to have. We don't really have a natural goalscorer, although I have high hopes for Keena.

Another like Walker, who now probably realises that he isn't good enough to cut it down south. 

And the seethe down fester rd after him scoring and kissing the HMFC badge would be glorious 

Hampden Demolition
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Now that would get my attention. Not sure CL style of play would suit him tho.

Not sure how much Hearts have said but I’ve been told he would be keen to sign. He’s admitted that he likes the money on offer down south but is tired of being punted around and wants to be settled. Also missing home.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I guess we are expecting Walker to cover Naismith’s usual role, when he’s not available. It looks to me like we are assembling a forward and advanced midfield group who can play a number off positions:

Naismith - CF, CAM, CM, RM, LM

Walker - RM, CAM, LM

Clare - RM, CM, RW

Washington - CF, RM, CAM, RW

Uche - CF, RW

etc... could be wrong though. ??

Cant see Clare at CM. CAM perhaps.

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

He could make the difference against the smaller teams, which is where we struggled and he could step into the Naismith roll when injured. Assuming the aren't both injured at the same time

Spot on with this.

One of our biggest problems was when Naismith was injured and no one could fill the void.

Not saying he is as good a player but he could plug that hole if needed.

Tennant's  6's
6 minutes ago, Hampden Demolition said:

Not sure how much Hearts have said but I’ve been told he would be keen to sign. He’s admitted that he likes the money on offer down south but is tired of being punted around and wants to be settled. Also missing home.

He'd be a good acquisition. He's found it tough down south, so if he decides just to play up here, we've got to be his best option. 

You never know, Levein last season (probably) as manager, he might just decide to go all out attack..

Kenna seems like the oy natural goalscorer at the club just now, Cummings would be a good option. 

wentworth jambo
2 hours ago, sam? said:

Of the two of them even with zanattas limited appearances I rate him higher than Wighton. He's at least scored 

I agree Sam but saying you rate Zanatta higher than Wighton is like saying you prefer Celtic to Hibs....neither would always be my choice

10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We've got them in....................now to get some out

Shortly we need a clearance sale

Sammon martin and vamechek already left.   Quite likely djoum as well.    Cant see too many more leaving anyway 

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Sammon martin and vamechek already left.   Quite likely djoum as well.    Cant see too many more leaving anyway 

Hughes aswell and Mitchell and shaughnessy gone back after loans 

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, Elshin said:

Can see Maclean going if something comes off for a forward. Suspect we are still looking for one. 

Cruyff Turn
35 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We haven't.

Aye we have. The best two Hearts sides in living memory, that of 05/06 and 97/98, played direct football. It’s just that they were better at it. 

I’ve never in my puff watch Hearts playing tippy tappy football. 

Holyrood_Hearts

I’ve been very critical of JW over his attitude in the months prior to his departure but the guy starts back with a clean slate, & I’m delighted we’ve signed him. Welcome back Jamie. 

35 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Can see Maclean going if something comes off for a forward. Suspect we are still looking for one. 

Got a feeling both Wighton and MacLean will be loaned out.