***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

StirlingJambo
8 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Lee is still filed in the Perry Kitchen category for me. Does some things well, in Lee's case set pieces, but doesn't impose himself enough on games. I'd be fine with keeping him but feel we could also use Cochrane or Andy Irving instead of him.

Cochranes young but will have nowhere near the input Lee contributed last season with 18 goals. Do you think if Harry had the same amount of game time as him last season he would have contributed as much? As I said Harry is still very young and levein knows he’s needs time to develop and hopefully if he can stay fit can push him on to an extra 15/20 appearances for the season ahead.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Nookie Bear
26 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Why ? because half they assists came from corners, any pony can float a corner in and in my book doesn't warrant an assist . All off Lees stats came amidst our great start to the campaign bar the odd goal in the derby then he was often on the subs bench or had zero stats to be proud off or are you gonna blame all that on Naismiths injury too? How convenient that would be eh

Pretty much everything positive took place in the first quarter of the season. 

If we based who we want to keep on what happened after then we would be lining up with Mulraney in his own. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Pretty much everything positive took place in the first quarter of the season. 

If we based who we want to keep on what happened after then we would be lining up with Mulraney in his own. 

Exactly so you can't say Olly Lee had a good season based on his stats from the 1st 10 games, when we played over 40 games and dimiss the other 20/30 he was involved in like they don't matter 

Mr Elwood P
49 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Why ? because half they assists came from corners, any pony can float a corner in and in my book doesn't warrant an assist . All off Lees stats came amidst our great start to the campaign bar the odd goal in the derby then he was often on the subs bench or had zero stats to be proud off or are you gonna blame all that on Naismiths injury too? How convenient that would be eh

Your book appears to be missing a considerable number of pages!

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Exactly so you can't say Olly Lee had a good season based on his stats from the 1st 10 games, when we played over 40 games and dimiss the other 20/30 he was involved in like they don't matter 

Nobody really had s good season based on that. Should we ditch everyone else too (including Levein)?

He struggled after a while, I don’t know why. Perhaps he needed Naismith making the kind of runs that created space because he isn’t the quickest with the ball at his feet. He looks up and sees Clare 30 yards away and half asleep? 

He clearly needs better players around him to perform and maybe this will happen with Naismith, Uche and Walker playing. 

We cannot afford ford to keep bombing players out season after season. We need to work on them. 

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

For his first season in a higher level league it’s pretty rough on Olly Lee to say he was shite particularly how often he was involved in our teams goals.

Levein recognised he was limited though as he basically said that Lee needs the right type of attacking players in front of him to be properly effective - I presume from the start of our season this means movement, runners and wide players with pace.

It looks like he will have that next season. And he’ll be used to the league and most of the players.

On his stats alone however if he is to leave we should get a fee for him.

Scored a few goals and involved in 18 others.Like everybody else I think he suffered from the horrendous injuries we suffered.He is not a an all energy grafter but the guy can play football 

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Have you watched Hearts for the last 10 years? He’s our first decent corner taken since Bruno maybe. 

27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Nobody really had s good season based on that. Should we ditch everyone else too (including Levein)?

He struggled after a while, I don’t know why. Perhaps he needed Naismith making the kind of runs that created space because he isn’t the quickest with the ball at his feet. He looks up and sees Clare 30 yards away and half asleep? 

He clearly needs better players around him to perform and maybe this will happen with Naismith, Uche and Walker playing. 

We cannot afford ford to keep bombing players out season after season. We need to work on them. 

Cathro and his player's did based on his and Leveins last 25 games in charge

That's no my point here though 

Olly lee was poor last season thats all 

Do i want him bombed? No 

Will i back him this term? Yes 

Just now, Barack said:

So assists don't really count if they're from corners. In the same way goals won't really count if our players score from them? Or if a striker scores from open play against Stenhousemuir, for example? As the LC group stages aren't really a thing, eh!

I'm not exactly enamoured with Lee's 2nd part of the season either, but come on...

:lol:

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

So assists don't really count if they're from corners. In the same way goals won't really count if our players score from them? Or if a striker scores from open play against Stenhousemuir, for example? As the LC group stages aren't really a thing, eh!

I'm not exactly enamoured with Lee's 2nd part of the season either, but come on...

:lol:

This.   Lee had a poor latter part of the season, he wasn't the only player whose form dipped. He's a better player than some would have it.  He's been a bit of an easy  target for those following that great Tynecastle tradition of having to have a whipping boy in our team to have a go at. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, cruzabic said:

His Instagram says Olly Lee 7 - I wonder if he's taking that number instead?

Aye for Forest Green Rovers

Lord Beni of Gorgie
11 hours ago, KyleLafferty said:

Best thing since slice bread start of the season, turned shit like everyone else from October onwards. Happily give him this season again. 

He needs Naismith, that's not good enough for me, as the playmaker, he should have been stepping up and couldn't.

He was fond of a hufflepuff at Luton I believe as well. Irving will be a far better player in time and maybe already is.

As it is, Lee is injured and will miss the start of the season, if he wants his shirt back then really he needs to step up several gears

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Sir Gio said:

He needs Naismith, that's not good enough for me, as the playmaker, he should have been stepping up and couldn't.

He was fond of a hufflepuff at Luton I believe as well. Irving will be a far better player in time and maybe already is.

As it is, Lee is injured and will miss the start of the season, if he wants his shirt back then really he needs to step up several gears

Andy Irving is a better player based on what, exactly?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Andy Irving is a better player based on what, exactly?

Natural ability, ability to turn, look up, pick  a pass in a fluent movement. Oh and run

Edited by Sir Gio

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Natural ability, ability to turn, look up, pick  a pass in a fluent movement. Oh and run

And how much of that have you seen from Andy Irving in a Hearts team?

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Must be at the wind up. I think Lee is pony, but to say an unproven youngster, not even Cochrane who we’ve seen play ffs, is better is absolute stupidity. 

There’s a few players I’d have ahead of Lee, but based on what I know I’d not say Irving is one of them. Cochrane yes, but not Irving. 

Phil D. Corners
3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I thought he did well in chances he got, especially v Celtic. 

I’ve big hopes for him this season. 

Phil Dunphy
Just now, Phil D. Corners said:

I thought he did well in chances he got, especially v Celtic. 

I’ve big hopes for him this season. 

I’m not saying he won’t be a good player. Just that labelling him as a better option than Lee with little to back it up is a hell of a leap. 

6 minutes ago, jambo_No5 said:

No transfer news then? Thought this was the transfer thread

80 pages though...the ITK'ers know the club only announce new signings after at least 80 pages of shite on JKB.

Today is the day then! ?

From what I’ve been told we should expect to see Cochrane starting a lot more games this season.  So I’m not sure what that means for Lee

I think Andy Irving is probably going to be the pick of our current crop. I think hes going to possibly be better than Cochrane, Morrison and McDonald. 

The other thing going for him is his physique. He is a big lad for his size. I hope the others above still turn out to be good for us, but I genuinely think Irving is the one who might really make it to the top. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, jambo_No5 said:

No transfer news then? Thought this was the transfer thread

There’s news when there’s...news. ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Plenty in the short while he has been involved. Games against Motherwell and Celtic stick out in my mind

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Must be at the wind up. I think Lee is pony, but to say an unproven youngster, not even Cochrane who we’ve seen play ffs, is better is absolute stupidity. 

There’s a few players I’d have ahead of Lee, but based on what I know I’d not say Irving is one of them. Cochrane yes, but not Irving. 

We'll see. Vision 

Phil Dunphy
18 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty in the short while he has been involved. Games against Motherwell and Celtic stick out in my mind

I doubt you’ve seen that much of Irving play first team football tbh. Throughout his 3 league starts and 4 sub appearances for Hearts. 

Let’s wait and see before we start bigging him up to be the next big thing. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I doubt you’ve seen that much of Irving play first team football tbh. Throughout his 3 league starts and 4 sub appearances for Hearts. 

Let’s wait and see before we start bigging him up to be the next big thing. 

Every game he has played. 

Setting the bar for our talented youngsters at journeyman League 2 pro is not for me.

I predict a very bright future for Hickey and Irving in particular 

Phil Dunphy
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Every game he has played. 

Setting the bar for our talented youngsters at journeyman League 2 pro is not for me.

I predict a very bright future for Hickey and Irving in particular 

There’s a very fine line between predicting a bright future and over-hyping a young player. 

Jason Holt was to be the next big thing and where’s he now? Sam Nicholson? Jordan McGhee?

I’m not saying he won’t be a good player, but it’s madness to think we don’t need Olly Lee because we have Andy Irving based on 7 games for Hearts and a loan spell at relegated Falkirk.  

AlphonseCapone

If Olly Lee was leaving he would have to have started going a few months ago to make the start of the season he's so slow... 

:Funny-Post:

Anyone else wondering if the Turnbull to Celtic deal collapsing was Celtic being vindictive about him originally knocking them back? 

Midloth_Iain

I still think we will get a "surprise" signing, someone not mentioned previously.

In addition to Naismith, Walker & hopefully Washington

1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Anyone else wondering if the Turnbull to Celtic deal collapsing was Celtic being vindictive about him originally knocking them back? 

I wouldn't have thought so.

Apparently he is to have an operation to rectify the problem and is expected to be out for a little while.

More likely they've discoverd a minor problem and are trying to reduce the transfer fee.

AlphonseCapone
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Nah. What purpose would that serve? They obviously wanted him and he does appear to have a genuine knee issue so they are quite right to change their offer on this basis. 

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, Clark Griswold said:

Been in Cyprus for a week, what did I miss on the signing front?

Mind what it was like before you went to Cyprus? Same as that. 

heartmussel
19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

You are probably right,also a new twist to Rangers and Celtic transfers isn’t so much about how much they are spending,but how much they are turning down for players.

30 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Motherwell must be doing the wrong training,  sports science,  etc.

Amirite?

Too many coaches apparently..