• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Would be surprised! Haven't heard of what he's been doing for a while so no idea if he's fit or whether he would want to come to us. More likely go back to Hibs seeing as they didn't get McNulty back.

LarrysRightFoot
4 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Got a feeling both Wighton and MacLean will be loaned out.

MacLean was brought in to play a similar role to Hughes - a complete professional who’s main role is to help develop the kids not play.

Wighton has great natural ability it’s his confidence and desire that is the problem - he’d probably benefit from a sports physiologist than any training.

Blackshades
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aneka signs for Charlton.

Did she not sing 99 red balloons or something like that ?

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Buzzing to get jamie back, i feel like him naismith and mulraney in behind uche or washington will give defences serious problems.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Hairy armpits aswell:berra:

6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think the criticism of Morrison is totally unfounded tbh. He’s a young laddie, a teenager in his first team appearances. He has done well, but needs to work on some things. Crazy writing him off when he clearly has the potential.

Yup. Fact he was overused when confidence shot wasn't his fault. Kid has talent. He's got a chance

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Buzzing to get jamie back, i feel like him naismith and mulraney in behind uche or washington will give defences serious problems.

Could play 

Washington Uche

Mulraney Naismith Walker

Harring Adam

8 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Possibly.

Should have said Aneke.

5 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Hairy armpits aswell:berra:

That's right, and her name is Nena...

maxresdefault.jpg

Blackshades
Just now, RobNox said:

That's right, and her name is Nena...

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh well I won't bother ken Bruce on popmaster any time soon ?

32 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

MacLean was brought in to play a similar role to Hughes - a complete professional who’s main role is to help develop the kids not play.

Wighton has great natural ability it’s his confidence and desire that is the problem - he’d probably benefit from a sports physiologist than any training.

Thanks for that I wondered what Hughes was being paid for in the last couple of seasons

16 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

Nah that was Nena, Aneka was Japanese boy / girl

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Thanks for that I wondered what Hughes was being paid for in the last couple of seasons

You are welcome 

2 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Agreed. For me a good example of the future of the club and academy culture. 2  Calums a yr will be great ££££€€€€€.

Correct . He was ripped into , written off by many on here . Couldn't cross ? Yes he could/can just needs to be more consistent .

Start of season his play linking up with Smith was one of the reasons for our success .

49 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Aneka signs for Charlton.

On 18/06/2019 at 18:47, rudi must stay said:

She likes a challenge

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I guess we are expecting Walker to cover Naismith’s usual role, when he’s not available. It looks to me like we are assembling a forward and advanced midfield group who can play a number off positions:

Naismith - CF, CAM, CM, RM, LM

Walker - RM, CAM, LM

Clare - RM, CM, RW

Washington - CF, RM, CAM, RW

Uche - CF, RW

etc... could be wrong though. ??

Add Mulraney LW RW too. Actually excited at the prospect, if these guys click we could be a force like we were start of last season. Also means we can change it up if things aren't working by shuffling about a little

kingantti1874
5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm torn on Morrison. Really liked the look of him, but he had one of the more disturbing disintegrations, young or not.

Not to be given up on, nor hat hung on. Could be done with some Neil McCann coaching

::troll::

Was carrying a persistent injury.

I'm not too keen on Morrison, Still early doors for him and he can learn and improve but he doesn't seem to have enough pace for a

winger. 

On the signing front, i would be expecting another 2 in and Naismith to sign. Last chance saloon for Levein i think. He has to go all out. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

So according to the manager we are done, pretty happy to be honest decent players in possibly a quality MC light but I for one am back on the happy train !!

Edited by steve123

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Aye we have. The best two Hearts sides in living memory, that of 05/06 and 97/98, played direct football. It’s just that they were better at it. 

I’ve never in my puff watch Hearts playing tippy tappy football. 

You must not have watched much of Hearts under Paolo Sergio then for starters. I'm not saying we've often played 'tippy tappy' football (whatever that is), but we've had plenty of teams who haven't played in a fashion that's soley reliant on a non-scoring striker winning set piece opportunities.

Direct football doesn't equate to firing a ball at your striker who tries to win a set piece to score from. The 05/06 team scored many goals from working the ball on the deck with through balls, shots from distance and working it wide and getting crosses into the box. Our current style of play is nothing like that team.

Edited by Taffin

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

So according to the manager we are done, pretty happy to be honest decent players in possibly a quality MC light but I for one am back on the happy train !!

We are done? link please.

That would be disappointing. 

1 minute ago, Aich E Eh said:

We are done? link please.

That would be disappointing. 

Only going by what he said yesterday "one more to come in " and we have Walker today !!

Ps would be delighted if more arrived, we have let a few go already.

Leveins Battalion

What he says in his last interview was that we wont do much more,knowing Levein there will be about 3 ??

6 hours ago, Ribble said:

He turns back on himself because 99% of the times he gets the ball the pass is played behind him, not turning back on himself would mean deliberately turning into trouble.

Hopefully every bit of ball work done this season has players running laps for every pass behind someone.

Agree. While players need to bring their own qualities, it’s a team game too.

Our wingers aren’t helped by full backs who seem reluctant to overlap.  Is that down to instruction or their own nature or lack of bravery?

Its about reading the game. There will be times a winger needs an option to lay it back but last season i lost count the amount of times I thought our full backs should’ve been busting a gut to go around our winger to pull people away.  

When that happens it lights a wingers eyes up. The options become better to cause trouble instead of being closed out or forced one way. 

6 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

What he says in his last interview was that we wont do much more,knowing Levein there will be about 3 ??

Nah, Last time i heard him say that it was true. 

I would like to see Wighton go out on loan or leave. 

We can't rely on a 36 year old MacLean or Keena and from what i've heard today, Uche has been training on his own and looked to be struggling. 

Edited by Aich E Eh

41 minutes ago, RS86 said:

Add Mulraney LW RW too. Actually excited at the prospect, if these guys click we could be a force like we were start of last season. Also means we can change it up if things aren't working by shuffling about a little

Would also like us to try a ‘walcott’ with Mulraney and try him through the middle

3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He missed 19 sitters?

Nope / maybe but he was so overrated that I’m glad The Rangers gave us a fair wedge for him.  

7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Would also like us to try a ‘walcott’ with Mulraney and try him through the middle

I think with a bit of confidence and support this could work. Up front on his own vs Celtic whilst he was still finding his feet was a poor decision though

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Was carrying a persistent injury.

That is a fair point. I like him,  rooting for him, just fear for him. Hope he thrives,  seems like a sound lad

How often many games do you think we will see a fit Naismith, Uche and walker all at the same time? It's good to have more options to cover injuries I guess.

Unfortunately I think aside from Naisy that will be us done. I know Levein isn’t looking for a keeper but I think that is a mistake, I think we need a better keeper to compete with Bobby, Doyle doesn’t fill me with confidence, I still feel we need another wide player as Mulraney and Morrison I don’t think is enough, also even though we have a lot of midfielders I think there is a lack of quality in there. Not defending Levein as a lot of the football last season was awful but part of me thinks a lot of the reason our defence knocked the ball long was because nobody in midfield was coming and taking the ball from them and starting attacks and there was a real lack of movement in midfield. I know it was the last League game of the season and teams were different but Irving was dropping back and taking the ball and making passes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I think Zanatta may just surprise a few this season. Maybe why we haven't been too concerned about another wide player.

I really hope so. If the kids flourish we could be really very good. If they don't,  2 or 3 short as it stands 

Leveins Battalion
18 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

We can't rely on a 36 year old MacLean or Keena and from what i've heard today, Uche has been training on his own and looked to be struggling. 

We've got to the end of August,I would put my mortgage on more arrivals.Levein is playing the game.

5 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I think Zanatta may just surprise a few this season. Maybe why we haven't been too concerned about another wide player.

Thats positive to hear, bumped into Zanatta ages ago, he seemed a nice lad. Been rooting for him to succeed but the last couple seasons haven't really suggested that. Although his last loan spell did sound more positive so hopefully some growth there

Guest ToqueJambo
20 minutes ago, Aich E Eh said:

It didn't look like Uche was training on his own from the pictures on the Hearts website showing him training with everyone else, and in fact leading the way.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Nathan2012 said:

Unfortunately I think aside from Naisy that will be us done. I know Levein isn’t looking for a keeper but I think that is a mistake, I think we need a better keeper to compete with Bobby, Doyle doesn’t fill me with confidence, I still feel we need another wide player as Mulraney and Morrison I don’t think is enough, also even though we have a lot of midfielders I think there is a lack of quality in there. Not defending Levein as a lot of the football last season was awful but part of me thinks a lot of the reason our defence knocked the ball long was because nobody in midfield was coming and taking the ball from them and starting attacks and there was a real lack of movement in midfield. I know it was the last League game of the season and teams were different but Irving was dropping back and taking the ball and making passes. 

Walker just solved that and we'll be getting a replacement for Djoum.

We need a box to box midfielder.  Still think we will bring one more player in. Might be a loan signing. I would go for dylan mcgeouch. I know he's ex H1b5 but we fit into our team. 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We've got to the end of August,I would put my mortgage on more arrivals.Levein is playing the game.

He certainly has in the past. 

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It didn't look like Uche was training on his own from the pictures on the Hearts website showing him training with everyone else, and in fact leading the way.

Where those photo's from today?

1 minute ago, jamboveg said:

We need a box to box midfielder.  Still think we will bring one more player in. Might be a loan signing. I would go for dylan mcgeouch. I know he's ex H1b5 but we fit into our team. 

DM isn't a box to box midfielder though

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, jamboveg said:

DM would be a decent Djoum replacement.

jamboinglasgow
16 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I agree, I do think that people underestimate the young wingers we have in Zanatta, Morrison and McDonald. 

JamboBornNBred
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This...........................looked like he was enjoying it as well.

26 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats positive to hear, bumped into Zanatta ages ago, he seemed a nice lad. Been rooting for him to succeed but the last couple seasons haven't really suggested that. Although his last loan spell did sound more positive so hopefully some growth there

Link to highlights that alloa put together