***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

10 minutes ago, zico10 said:

Link to highlights that alloa put together

Lads looking fantastic. Bulked up big time, looks strong on the ball and seems intelligent enough to draw fouls. Can take a penalty too which is nice. Options anyway!

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Aich E Eh said:

Nah, Last time i heard him say that it was true. 

He said no more last year at some point and we then signed Clare in September. Was there a more recent time than that?

24 minutes ago, zico10 said:

He's been written off by a lot on here. Looks like he's earned a chance next season.

9 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lads looking fantastic. Bulked up big time, looks strong on the ball and seems intelligent enough to draw fouls. Can take a penalty too which is nice. Options anyway!

If he wasn't already one of our players i'm sure a number of people would be asking why we weren't at least in for him. He looks like he's developed massively, bulked up, has pace, can cross as well as knowing where the net is himself. Given the chance gr8 could do well for us this season.

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, Taffin said:

You must not have watched much of Hearts under Paolo Sergio then for starters. I'm not saying we've often played 'tippy tappy' football (whatever that is), but we've had plenty of teams who haven't played in a fashion that's soley reliant on a non-scoring striker winning set piece opportunities.

Direct football doesn't equate to firing a ball at your striker who tries to win a set piece to score from. The 05/06 team scored many goals from working the ball on the deck with through balls, shots from distance and working it wide and getting crosses into the box. Our current style of play is nothing like that team.

I saw plenty of PS borefest season. In the cup final that season we played direct, which was the game changer. 

The 05/06 side went back to front a lot, difference was we had Janny and Roman upfront and other teams couldn’t cope with their strength or ability to control the ball with a single touch and play it into Skacel or Hartley. 

I know what you’re saying though, I think we’ve played in the manner you’ve described during the 2nd half of last season because we had nothing else other than set pieces. 

We play differently however when Naismith was fit and we did try to work it through midfield a bit more. 

I think things will be different this season now that we have different options. There’s definitely more to us than a punt to Uche now (averting an injury crisis).

Cruyff Turn
32 minutes ago, zico10 said:

Deserves a chance but of course he’s moving up a couple of levels at Hearts from Alloa but he certainly seemed to be more than comfortable in the Championship.

TyphoonJambo

We need to keep the faith with guys like zannata, the reserve league gives them that opportunity 

LarrysRightFoot

I’m usually wrong about this kind of thing but I think Levein has something up his sleeve.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I’m usually wrong about this kind of thing but I think Levein has something up his sleeve.

Adam, i reckon. That would need a big sleeve mind. 

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, Aich E Eh said:

Nah, Last time i heard him say that it was true. 

I would like to see Wighton go out on loan or leave. 

We can't rely on a 36 year old MacLean or Keena and from what i've heard today, Uche has been training on his own and looked to be struggling. 

1EC2DD9F-25F8-4403-ACAF-D41ECA974AFB.thumb.jpeg.3ec56eb68447191105253d035753b180.jpeg

Aye, looks like he’s struggling right enough!

7EAF24E9-A799-48BB-9F68-4CDBB8C00666.thumb.jpeg.454e2e260255ba11d7db8e33c10d234a.jpeg

Famous 1874

Still have a sneaky feeling that Craig Gordon will still end up signing for us. Doyle to go and Bobby relegated to backup.

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

With the numbers and 10 gone and 11 I reckon Djoum's gone

Still number 12 and 23 available. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Deserves a chance but of course he’s moving up a couple of levels at Hearts from Alloa but he certainly seemed to be more than comfortable in the Championship.

Zanatta to St Liedoon if/when Goodwin gets the gig?

rudi must stay
24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Still number 12 and 23 available. 

:thumbsup:

also liked Walker returning on Instagram..

7 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We've got to the end of August,I would put my mortgage on more arrivals.Levein is playing the game.

This 

3 fantastic signings so far with Naisy still to come in, great work so far. 

We should be treating Aidy White like a new signing too - if he can get himself back fit he'll a very decent player for us.

Replace Djoum with a centre mid of the same standard as who has been brought in and we'll have a squad that can compete. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

3 fantastic signings so far with Naisy still to come in, great work so far. 

We should be treating Aidy White like a new signing too - if he can get himself back fit he'll a very decent player for us.

Replace Djoum with a centre mid of the same standard as who has been brought in and we'll have a squad that can compete. 

Would like to see Cochrane replace djoum 

Still 2 short for me 

Washington has replaced Vanececk 

Walker will replace Djoum 

We are Only Halkett up 

Selkirkhmfc1874
21 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Still 2 short for me 

We are Only Halkett up 

The squads massive as it is 

30 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

James Morrison to replace Djoum would be nice

Certainly would 

47 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Still 2 short for me 

We are Only Halkett up 

Washington replaced Vanececk.

I'd say Walker is just an additional attacker. Probably meaning Morrison getting less game time.

If/when Djoum goes then he'll be replaced with centre mid I think. 

Hallett replaced Dunne/Shaughnessy.

We've massively improved from last season already. 

What will be very interesting is if Souttar is bought, and that'll have to be for quite a few mil, what we then do with that money.

47 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

That would be a great signing.

Finlay James
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I think Harry will feature much more this season but in certain games to further his development.  

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Would certainly give him something...

Unknown user
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Still 2 short for me 

We are Only Halkett up 

And White

Absolute Scenes
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Do you know something? ?

gashauskis9
33 minutes ago, E6 Inc said:

Washington replaced Vanececk.

I'd say Walker is just an additional attacker. Probably meaning Morrison getting less game time.

If/when Djoum goes then he'll be replaced with centre mid I think. 

Hallett replaced Dunne/Shaughnessy.

We've massively improved from last season already. 

What will be very interesting is if Souttar is bought, and that'll have to be for quite a few mil, what we then do with that money.

Good post.  

If Souttar goes I would like him to get replaced.  It would just take Berra or Halkett to get injured and we’d be back to playing out of position or relying heavily on youth.  Signing Halkett gave us the necessary depth, but for me that was on the proviso that Souttar stayed.

If we play with two CHs, then it’s probably Souttar and Berra with Halkett and Dikamona in reserve.  Three CHs and it’s Souttar, Berra and Halkett with Dikamona (and M. Smith I guess) in reserve.  Would like to see Petkov, Baur and Hamilton start to step up this season as well as I think Dikamona will be away in January.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

And White

And young hickey didn't look out of place in last 2 games ! Shouldn't just continue signing players instead of leaving pathway for kids coming through in my opinion 

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Good post.  

If Souttar goes I would like him to get replaced.  It would just take Berra or Halkett to get injured and we’d be back to playing out of position or relying heavily on youth.  Signing Halkett gave us the necessary depth, but for me that was on the proviso that Souttar stayed.

If we play with two CHs, then it’s probably Souttar and Berra with Halkett and Dikamona in reserve.  Three CHs and it’s Souttar, Berra and Halkett with Dikamona (and M. Smith I guess) in reserve.  Would like to see Petkov, Baur and Hamilton start to step up this season as well as I think Dikamona will be away in January.

Yeah I think we'd definitely need another CB as back up for Halkett and Berra. Dikamona I like a lot and I'm a bit surprised he didn't get more game time compared to Shaughnessy.

Not seen enough of Hamilton and Petkov to tell if they can step up but can't say I was impressed at all with Baur, he looked miles away from our standard. 

Can’t see much else being done now. I think Levein will want to start playing the youngsters more. With Zanatta and McDonald to come back from loan will kind of feel like 2 new signings. 

1 hour ago, JamboCampbell said:

Craig in the papers this morning saying he is working on one more in addition to Naisy.......

Maybe, but I bet anyone else after Naismith will be more likely to be the unknown gamble type signings we do. Can’t see a Milinkovic or cummings level transfer happening in addition to the players we’ve already brought in.

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Can’t see much else being done now. I think Levein will want to start playing the youngsters more. With Zanatta and McDonald to come back from loan will kind of feel like 2 new signings. 

Forgot about those two, great point.

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

I'm not sure Zanatta will ever make it here.

McDonald has great potential, hope we see more of him.

Jean Louis Valois

Wonder if we will release some of our young fringe players before the season starts. It’s quite obvious that guys like Moore, Henderson, Baur, Zanatta, Currie aren’t going to make it with us. Theirs more promising younger guys coming through aswell.

5 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Wonder if we will release some of our young fringe players before the season starts. It’s quite obvious that guys like Moore, Henderson, Baur, Zanatta, Currie aren’t going to make it with us. Theirs more promising younger guys coming through aswell.

Would like to see zanatta used in pre season. His contract was extended for another year since did so well at alloa

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Would like to see zanatta used in pre season. His contract was extended for another year since did so well at alloa

I like Zanatta but you can’t help thinking if he was going to make it with us he would have been given more chances by now. He seems to have been around for years but has barely played a game for us.

Tennant's  6's
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Personally I think that Irving is more ready. Seems stronger and a bit more composed on the ball, with a Fultonesque left peg.  

Maybe Lee could play as a more deep lying midfielder to knock the ball about, if Walker/ Naisy/ Edwards play further forward.

Tennant's  6's
22 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Think your right, throw in Brandon & Godinho too. Basically squad players. 

Logan, Smith, Hickey all seem far better prospects.

Levein isn’t daft, I have a feeling he already knows that Djoum is staying hence why we aren’t looking at a CM, I think the one more is a CF? I’d like it to be Cummings, we could be done with some needle, a different approach. 

27 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I like Zanatta but you can’t help thinking if he was going to make it with us he would have been given more chances by now. He seems to have been around for years but has barely played a game for us.

Shiter players have been given more chances (Moore and Morrison for example). I kind of like how we've handled Zanatta's development but I think this season is make or break for him (at Tynecastle).

GorgieFifeLife
1 hour ago, E6 Inc said:

I'm not sure Zanatta will ever make it here.

McDonald has great potential, hope we see more of him.

Zanatta has done far more while out on loan than McDonald has.   From what I have seen of him McDonald is miles away from standard required

Maybe Edwards will replace Djoum in midfield and have harring in with him. I think they would work well together. Harring to be move defensive and Edwards to support attacks. 

Jean Louis Valois
1 minute ago, Herbert said:

Maybe Edwards will replace Djoum in midfield and have harring in with him. I think they would work well together. Harring to be move defensive and Edwards to support attacks. 

Really hope Edwards does well with us, His attitude is fantastic and you can tell how happy he is to be at our club.