***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

heartsfc_fan
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

On a side note there are about 25 Range Rovers parked at Gullane Bents,we pay this guys too much..........

You can get one for about £300 a month nowadays

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Dayman said:

Aidy White wearing number 3 shorts in the gullane runs maybe means it’s looking like he will be heavily involved this year? It seems like he could be excellent for us if fit. 

Uche also there with the 19 shorts on. 

Zlamal with a haircut. 

Didn’t see any new faces on trial or anything though. 

Good to hear White is doing Gullane, makes you think they trust hes ready. Great news in fact

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I donate that to FOH:greggy:

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Its a complete myth that Adam is unfit. Even if he was only 90% of his peak he has the quality to be our central midfielder and with the addition of Washington, Halket, and Walker we are adding experience and quality. I dont think well get Adam but if we did it would be a great bit of business and the end to a tremendous window. All in my own personal opinion mind.

Correct, posted an article yesterday from the former Stoke head of Sport science where he named Adam as one of the hardest trainers at the club and blamed their downfall on the likes of Berahino not willing to put the work in and that the likes of Adam, Crouch and Jonathan Walters all knew how to be proffesional with their training, their diet and their rest.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
20 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

You heard something ?

No. Just feels as if business is about to be conducted, feel it in my water

Washington undergoing a medical now 

Conor Washington is undergoing a medical at Hearts. #hmfc #twitterblades

Edited by BelgeJambo

1 hour ago, BelgeJambo said:

Washington undergoing a medical now 

Conor Washington is undergoing a medical at Hearts. #hmfc #twitterblades

Reported 3 hours ago 

Apparently from a fake journo account 

Hope we announce Naismith, Washington, Aneke on the same day wearing the new away strip. Video with the backing track: ‘**** tha Police’. ?

kingantti1874

There was a guy in full Newcastle utd training gear + bag in haymarket station earlier, had a look at their squad photo but he looked like about 20 of them ? 

note: I’m not in the know, could quite easily just be a full kit , a player on a day trip, or maybe even the hobos.. 

(but he was easily over 6ft ?

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

There was a guy in full Newcastle utd training gear + bag in haymarket station earlier, had a look at their squad photo but he looked like about 20 of them ? 

note: I’m not in the know, could quite easily just be a full kit , a player on a day trip, or maybe even the hobos.. 

(but he was easily over 6ft ?

Probably just some FKW Geordie heading up for a stag-do.

Is olly lee moving on? Sean Clare has changed his jersey from 9 to 8 and olly has posted a message on Instagram maybe hinting going back to luton

OmiyaHearts
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is olly lee moving on? Sean Clare has changed his jersey from 9 to 8 and olly has posted a message on Instagram maybe hinting going back to luton

I don't think Lee will be going anywhere, while he's still out injured.

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Aye, and then £27k final payment. ?

indianajones
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Fingers crossed.

Not even the slightest bit good enough for us. Waste of a jersey. 

21 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Fingers crossed.

Contributed to 18 goals last year, 6 goals and 12 assists and really suffered once Naismith was out.  He's easily good enough to be at least a squad player.

KyleLafferty

Best thing since slice bread start of the season, turned shit like everyone else from October onwards. Happily give him this season again. 

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

His Instagram says Olly Lee 7 - I wonder if he's taking that number instead?

30 minutes ago, cruzabic said:

His Instagram says Olly Lee 7 - I wonder if he's taking that number instead?

Bozanic still has 7 on his shorts

Portable Badger
52 minutes ago, bazman said:

Bozanic still has 7 on his shorts

He's still got a 'L' and a 'R' on the top of his boots !! ;)

For his first season in a higher level league it’s pretty rough on Olly Lee to say he was shite particularly how often he was involved in our teams goals.

Levein recognised he was limited though as he basically said that Lee needs the right type of attacking players in front of him to be properly effective - I presume from the start of our season this means movement, runners and wide players with pace.

It looks like he will have that next season. And he’ll be used to the league and most of the players.

On his stats alone however if he is to leave we should get a fee for him.

Edited by Jammy T

Lee started the season really well and we were raving about him and haring as a partnership. When haring started to play at less than 100% fit Lee started to play poorer just like the rest of the injuries had a similar effect on the rest of the team. 

Guest ToqueJambo

Lee is still filed in the Perry Kitchen category for me. Does some things well, in Lee's case set pieces, but doesn't impose himself enough on games. I'd be fine with keeping him but feel we could also use Cochrane or Andy Irving instead of him.

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Fingers crossed.

Take away the 18 goals Olly Lee contributed to last season. Consider the season we would have had. Not a very well considered post on your part.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Would prioritise moving Bozanic and Edwards on before Lee.

Edwards was excellent in the cup final, if not mom he was very close.. exactly the type of energy needed.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Edwards was excellent in the cup final, if not mom he was very close.. exactly the type of energy needed.

I'd keep Bozanic too, partly just for being Australian. Every Aussie we sign seems to give everything for the jersey.

Edwards was decent in the final but it was one game. He runs around a lot but has next to no quality on the ball.  It says a lot about how dire things had come before the end that someone running around  was seen as something significant.  Would rather give young players game time next year than him -  use Connor Smith.

Bozanic was very poor as the season progressed. Rarely plays forward, gives the ball away frequently. Set piece delivery was patchy to be generous.  Again,  would rather see Cochrane and Irving get game time ahead of him.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, bistokid said:

Would prioritise moving Bozanic and Edwards on before Lee.

Yip. 

Lee is a bit under rated imo, suffered A lot with our poor options going forward, he's a player with a quick brain, but needs options 

Also got a decent dig and can cross a ball. 

His pass v Motherwell was imo him to tea. 

I also remember calling it when he tried to lob McGregor, not executed at all correctly but highlighted his quick thinking. 

That shelly lass also highlighted his intelligent runs and positional sense of the ball in the semi, even although he was largely ignored in the first half. 

Bozanic is a meh player, Edwards runs about a bit but is generally too lightweight and has little quality. 

Cochrane and Irvine could easily replace them imo. 

rudi must stay
37 minutes ago, bistokid said:

Edwards was decent in the final but it was one game. He runs around a lot but has next to no quality on the ball.  It says a lot about how dire things had come before the end that someone running around  was seen as something significant.  Would rather give young players game time next year than him -  use Connor Smith.

Bozanic was very poor as the season progressed. Rarely plays forward, gives the ball away frequently. Set piece delivery was patchy to be generous.  Again,  would rather see Cochrane and Irving get game time ahead of him.

Yes it was, and he must show the same level of performance next season. But I'm optimistic he will. Him and Haring is an all energy central midfield :thumbsup:

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
6 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Take away the 18 goals Olly Lee contributed to last season. Consider the season we would have had. Not a very well considered post on your part.

Are we honestly now trotting out facts about goals certain players have contributed to? Not having a go at any poster on here but **** me this is why we are where are. Good players dont need stats made up for them.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

Are we honestly now trotting out facts about goals certain players have contributed to? Not having a go at any poster on here but **** me this is why we are where are. Good players dont need stats made up for them.

Yeah. Never heard a single stat linked to the names Messi & Ronaldo. How else would you suggest that one illustrates to the less perceptive that Olly Lee has actually had a very decent first season?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

15 minutes ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

You could actually assign over 20 odd goals last term to bobby on that thinking, that he was directly involved at some point. You could also assign over 15 goals to the ball boys at tynie too, if you wanted too, it's nothing more than wishfull thinking from people trying to make their argument, that olly lee is somehow a fantastic player, the same thinking that Naismith being injured directly made Lee have a poor 2nd half 

Its bollocks 

KyleLafferty

6 goals and 12 assists is decent in a season. If we were signing an spfl player with those stats we’d be happy.

Guest ToqueJambo
39 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

You could actually assign over 20 odd goals last term to bobby on that thinking, that he was directly involved at some point. You could also assign over 15 goals to the ball boys at tynie too, if you wanted too, it's nothing more than wishfull thinking from people trying to make their argument, that olly lee is somehow a fantastic player, the same thinking that Naismith being injured directly made Lee have a poor 2nd half 

Its bollocks 

Lee's obviously not good enough to carry a team or pull the strings for us in midfield, and I don't think he was signed with that expectation. He was signed to be part of a team and he was really good at the start of the season, playing with Naismith, McLean and Uche. They effectively created space and chances for him.

When him and Clare effectively became our main attackers behind McLean, it's no surprise he wasn't up to that job. There was no-one to create things for him to run onto or occupy defenders so he could find space for a shot. As others have said though he still got a decent number of goals and assists.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Mr Elwood P
46 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Its bollocks 

You don’t think assists and goals are viable stats to measure a players performance by? A staggering lack of understanding!

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

You don’t think assists and goals are viable stats to measure a players performance by? A staggering lack of understanding!

Depends,  if its assists directly or an assist via an assisted assist 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, kimosavi said:

Depends,  if its assists directly or an assist via an assisted assist 

An assist is the last player to touch the ball before the goalscorer. Alternatively it’s the player who wins a free kick or penalty that is directly converted into a goal. If Olly Lee had 0 goals and 0 assists you would be all over it!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

An assist is the last player to touch the ball before the goalscorer. Alternatively it’s the player who wins a free kick or penalty that is directly converted into a goal. If Olly Lee had 0 goals and 0 assists you would be all over it!

Oh right an assist is the last player to touch the ball before a goals scored is it???? Jesus christ i Never knew that

thanks for clearing that up for me

Mr Elwood P
Just now, kimosavi said:

Oh right an assist is the last player to touch the ball before a goals scored is it???? Jesus christ i Never knew that

thanks for clearing that up for me

No problem. Glad to have helped.

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No problem. Glad to have helped.

Aye thanks 

There's 5 mins I'll never get back 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, kimosavi said:

Aye thanks 

There's 5 mins I'll never get back 

If you know what a goal is. You know what an assist is. You know that both are recognised barometers of performance. Why doesn’t that appear to apply to Olly Lee?

22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you know what a goal is. You know what an assist is. You know that both are recognised barometers of performance. Why doesn’t that appear to apply to Olly Lee?

Why ? because half they assists came from corners, any pony can float a corner in and in my book doesn't warrant an assist . All off Lees stats came amidst our great start to the campaign bar the odd goal in the derby then he was often on the subs bench or had zero stats to be proud off or are you gonna blame all that on Naismiths injury too? How convenient that would be eh