***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Byyy The Light

Mind last season when this place was going off it’s tits about signing loads of players and everyone was demanding quality over quantity...

Same folk now moaning that nothings been done yet. Like a bunch of psycho girlfriends.  

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I honestly didnt know people kept growing in height at that age.  Very interesting.

:rofl:****ing belter! 

Out of interest, what age did you think people stopped growing? 

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein said three forwards. Naismith & Walker are all but confirmed. The defence is sorted. The only real questions are who the striker will be and if Djoum is being replaced. Djoum might stay or if he goes Levein might decide to let Cochrane, Smith and Irving battle it out for game time in the midfield. 

Yeah I'd like to see the young lads you mention get that kind of confidence vote plus it's the only way they will really develop. 

22 minutes ago, Tynieman said:

You know what really is annoying...

Every thread is hijacked with the same posters again and again. 

If these posters are actually supporters (which for the majority, I doubt), do they remember where our club was, almost extinct, and consider where we are now?

They constantly ruin threads by going on and on about Levien and Mrs Budge. 

We, even in recent memory, have struggled both on and off the field massively in comparison we are now. We have been a much, much poorer side than we are currently. Granted, last season was average but that's what following the club is about. We're still rebuilding. We are actually in the best position as a club than we have been in my lifetime. 

Those idiots who scream for Budge to leave are either thick or in my opinion, unhappy she's trying to stop the bigotry nonense which in my experience, affects them most.

Can I ask those posters, do they realise Budge saved the club, literally? Also, how long have they supported Hearts? It can't be that long if you think we're poor now. Either that or they have short memories...or just trolls.

A semi final and a SC final, albeit whilst finishing 6th in the league, is not a diaster.

People should realise how much we have come on as a club, and actually start backing it.

Can the admin not start banning people if they don't adhere to this?

These people are Hearts fans, have season tickets, contribute to the FoH, really do care. They may have different views to you but hey, it's a message board to exchange views. I'm sure in truth you don't really believe they should be banned, where do you stop? 

Edited by Jodami

Hungry hippo

Washington had a big reputation when he signed for QPR and is still a good age. Would be an interesting signing.

Don't know him well enough to judge how well he'd do for us but would be excited to see him.

If all of Naismith, Walker and Washington come through, adding to Halkett and White and the departure of Sammon, Martin and Vanecek then I’d say it’s been a quietly efficient close season so far. Especially if we keep Djoum and Souttar and can blood likes of Cochrane, Smith, Hickey and Irving a little more this year. Makings of a good squad provided mainstays keep clear or injury.

Glass half full type of guy though.

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, Hungry hippo said:

Washington had a big reputation when he signed for QPR and is still a good age. Would be an interesting signing.

Don't know him well enough to judge how well he'd do for us but would be excited to see him.

I’ll go on record and say that this could be as big a signing as Naismith.  Massive statement of intent here.  He’s the kind of player who would normally have attracted interest from the OF or other Championship teams.  Do it Craig!

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I’ll go on record and say that this could be as big a signing as Naismith.  Massive statement of intent here.  He’s the kind of player who would normally have attracted interest from the OF or other Championship teams.  Do it Craig!

Don’t want to get excited....but I’m excited!!!!

And worth keeping in mind Austin knows Washington and Lafferty very well. If we’re opting for the former when the latter is free then I’m excited about what he might bring 

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Barack said:

I'm led to believe, that their manager's signings are not always of their own choosing or ideas, no.

It’s the same story at Rangers as well. Funny how the media (Stewart in particular) are all over our inner workings and yet teams signing players without a manager in place, like Hibs did after Lennon left, don’t get any similar scrutiny.

loveofthegame
5 minutes ago, cocobeab said:

If all of Naismith, Walker and Washington come through, adding to Halkett and White and the departure of Sammon, Martin and Vanecek then I’d say it’s been a quietly efficient close season so far. Especially if we keep Djoum and Souttar and can blood likes of Cochrane, Smith, Hickey and Irving a little more this year. Makings of a good squad provided mainstays keep clear or injury.

Glass half full type of guy though.

Completely agree with every word. Quietly going about our business and going for players with a bit of pedigree rather than more Vanecek types...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Collins and Doyle had decent careers in England after they left Hibs. Possibly their failure at Hibs is more to do with the manager.

350k is a lot of money, however we paid 250k for Wighton. Personally I know where I’d have spent the money.

However if you believe that he’s pony, come back and speak to me on the eve of the season and we can look at a half century charity wager.

"Collins and Doyle had decent careers in England after they left Hibs" Yes, Vaz Te and Clayton Donaldson too. I detect a pattern.

I'll reserve the right to slag off Hibs signings on a Hearts forum and believe we have better players, including Wighton thanks! Especially when they have such previous on signing English lower league strikers for silly money.

Conor Washington for nothing sounds a better deal but what do I know about English football?

Edited by ToqueJambo

gashauskis9
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Michael Smith will also know him well from his time at Peterborough

And international duty of course ?

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Barack said:

Thought that was the more obvious link, but didn't want to say.

Sorry, AS.

?

It was definitely the obvious link ?

i just wanted to sound like a right pompous know it all ?

Am ‘darn sarf’ this week & not been keeping up on here. Whose this “white” lad we are (allegedly) looking at?

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, farin said:

Kenny Miller signs for P. Thistle. 

Levein out! Would have been the perfect partner for Maclean!

24 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

What's the source for the Washington rumour?

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Am ‘darn sarf’ this week & not been keeping up on here. Whose this “white” lad we are (allegedly) looking at?

I am just back from holiday myself but assume it is Aidy White who we signed months ago. He had been out of football for 2 years or so with a bad injury and has been working on his fitness. ( now where have I heard that before).

Ex Leeds Utd and a left back who will need a good pre -season.

Guest ToqueJambo
15 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Washington 

Walker

Naisy

Skinny

a quality central mid

:sweeet:

permanent stiffie. 

Them and Halkett would be a top drawer window, on top of the main dead wood leaving. I'm not optimistic on the quality central mid though as they're hard to find in our budget. Maybe Cochrane's time to establish himself?

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Levein out! Would have been the perfect partner for Maclean!

What's the source for the Washington rumour?

I didn't want me to say anything but for a brief moment part of me thought, "Kenny Millar? Hmm, experienced, could be worth a few goals." Then the other parts of me beat up that part and it passed.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Them and Halkett would be a top drawer window, on top of the main dead wood leaving. I'm not optimistic on the quality central mid though as they're hard to find in our budget. Maybe Cochrane's time to establish himself?

Charlie Adam left towing his caravan up from Stoke two weeks ago, he will be here in another couple of weeks.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Charlie Adam left towing his caravan up from Stoke two weeks ago, he will be here in another couple of weeks.

At least he should fit into Vanacek's old shorts. Or maybe some of Zeefuik's are still lying around.

Cruyff Turn
36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If we get those attacking players then yeah, midfield needs strengthening. 

Cochrane might play 20-25 of the 40 plus games, maybe 30 next season. Still developing. Irving might get 15 or so but we need to replace Djoum with someone of the same presence and calibre.

Naisy can drop in to midfield with Walker coming back. I’d love us to sign Skinny too. Then we’d have a strong bench as well, which is important. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Cochrane might play 20-25 of the 40 plus games, maybe 30 next season. Still developing. Irving might get 15 or so but we need to replace Djoum with someone of the same presence and calibre.

Naisy can drop in to midfield with Walker coming back. I’d love us to sign Skinny too. Then we’d have a strong bench as well, which is important. 

Agree with this. If Walker, Washington and Naismith sign centre mid is definitely the weakest area of the team. If Djoum decides to stay we would be looking really really good. That would just leave a new goalkeeper next summer when Doyle is out of contract.

So, Washington was the guy from the airport? Maybe a couple of other additions and it's looking promising.

33 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I wonder if Walker may actually be tried in the middle of the park, particularly against lesser teams at home.

Cruyff Turn
18 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I wonder if Walker may actually be tried in the middle of the park, particularly against lesser teams at home.

Doubt he’s got the legs or the engine to play central mid. 

In off the left wing, a no.10 or second striker is more likely his role imo. 

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I am just back from holiday myself but assume it is Aidy White who we signed months ago. He had been out of football for 2 years or so with a bad injury and has been working on his fitness. ( now where have I heard that before).

Ex Leeds Utd and a left back who will need a good pre -season.

Ah OK. Thanks mate. 

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Its a complete myth that Adam is unfit. Even if he was only 90% of his peak he has the quality to be our central midfielder and with the addition of Washington, Halket, and Walker we are adding experience and quality. I dont think well get Adam but if we did it would be a great bit of business and the end to a tremendous window. All in my own personal opinion mind.

KnightyJambo

Maybe been cover already and not a transfer in, but Edinburgh live have shared pictures of training and Sean Clare is wearing #8.

does this mean the word on the street about Lee was correct?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-pre-season-first-glimpse-16484878.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by KnightyJambo

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, KnightyJambo said:

Maybe been cover already and not a transfer in, but Edinburgh live have shared pictures of training and Sean Clare is wearing #8.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-pre-season-first-glimpse-16484878.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Maybe he’s got someone else’s shorts on by mistake. 

Nookie Bear
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Agree with this. If Walker, Washington and Naismith sign centre mid is definitely the weakest area of the team. If Djoum decides to stay we would be looking really really good. That would just leave a new goalkeeper next summer when Doyle is out of contract.

Perhaps the centre midfield will look better when they have better and more mobile strikers ahead of them. 

1 hour ago, KnightyJambo said:

Probably nothing but Lee shared a video of him scoring from his own half for wee Luton with the caption ‘Be back to doing what I do best in no time’ .

hopefully just means back playing but would’ve thought he’d be more likely to share a Hearts goal.

CloustonHMFC
52 minutes ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

Probably nothing but Lee shared a video of him scoring from his own half for wee Luton with the caption ‘Be back to doing what I do best in no time’ .

hopefully just means back playing but would’ve thought he’d be more likely to share a Hearts goal.

Could be absolutely nothing but I’d agree, if he was going to share a video of him scoring for getting back playing you’d think he choose the Hibs goal. 

39 minutes ago, clouston1992 said:

Could be absolutely nothing but I’d agree, if he was going to share a video of him scoring for getting back playing you’d think he choose the Hibs goal. 

Not sure how much Levein cares about squad numbers , I’m sure he was savage and took the number 8 off Stevie Fulton in his last season.

Think the rumours about him leaving plus ‘losing’ or changing squad number might add up to something.

Could even  be as simple as wanting a new number after getting injured and missing the cup final  or more unlikely Clare wearing the wrong shorts .

Aidy White wearing number 3 shorts in the gullane runs maybe means it’s looking like he will be heavily involved this year? It seems like he could be excellent for us if fit. 

Uche also there with the 19 shorts on. 

Zlamal with a haircut. 

Didn’t see any new faces on trial or anything though. 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Olly Lee out. Charlie Adam in?

I would proper artex my ceiling if this happened 

Leveins Battalion

On a side note there are about 25 Range Rovers parked at Gullane Bents,we pay this guys too much..........