***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You mean like Peter Haring?

I'd be amazed if the Levein tombola is lucky enough to pick out another midfielder like Haring. You never know...

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

OmiyaHearts
31 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Wighton is  young enough to prove himself if he stays free from injury

He's already played 140 senior matches with a paltry 10 goals. After watching him in a maroon jersey, coupled with those stats, we can safely assume he's not going to make it as a forward.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

GorgieFifeLife
51 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Do you just keep repeating the same thing?

Alarm bells are ringing. Dont mean to repeat but I just dont think we are well enough prepared.

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Markymark said:

He’ll score more than any of our strikers this season. He’s already scored more than wighton in his first 2 games. 😂

Naismith will out score him. 

How come you think we're in a bad place and Hibs are in a good place, transfer wise? 

Early Results would say otherwise. 

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

He won’t. Was never a star for Dundee, he’s done absolutely nothing for us, I hope I’m wrong but he will be gone by next season.

I watched Wighton play as the lone striker at Ibrox with Mark Stewart, used to play for Falkirk and played with Wighton at Dundee. Said the boy is Messi in training but worse than useless on the park. Couldn’t believe he’d got a move to Hearts. 

18 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Loic Damour is a name that's been mentioned to me 

"Broke my heart and now I'm begging for you"

David McCaig
33 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Doige is a donkey. 

Washington is several classes above Doidge!!

wheatfield to sheffield

Thinking of traditional marquee midfield signing patter ... Is Charlie Adam still free?

Phil Dunphy

By no means devastated at Edwards leaving. He wants to play, we can’t guarantee him that so he’s off. No worries, thanks for the cup final goal. All the best going forward. 

What worries me is our squad depth. Injuries last season massively derailed us and killed off any chances of finishing top 4. 

While we’ve definitely brought in quality in Walker, Washington and Halkett, with Naismith still to come, I still don’t think we’ve a big enough squad to really push on. It’s definitely encouraging to see we’re going to give the young guys some proper game time this season, to do so without any experience beside them is a tad concerning. 

We absolutely need another midfielder and there’s an argument to be made that one more isn’t quite enough. Not if we’ve let four go this summer. 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Naismith will out score him. 

How come you think we're in a bad place and Hibs are in a good place, transfer wise? 

Early Results would say otherwise. 

I think Aberdeen are looking good on paper and have managed to secure some decent players early doors. Vela is a tremendous signing and a real coup for Hibs. Splashed a bit of cash on Dioge and Scott Allan is a player than will chip in with 10 goals a season. 

We have cleared out a lot of the deadwood but let’s face it deadwood that Levein brought in or at least signed off. Washington walker and Halkett are decent signings - I think we are still 3 or 4 short though and whilst the window is open for a few more weeks I’d have preferred to have had a settled team at this point, not signing players a couple of weeks before we kick of for real. 

Mr Elwood P
4 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

I watched Wighton play as the lone striker at Ibrox with Mark Stewart, used to play for Falkirk and played with Wighton at Dundee. Said the boy is Messi in training but worse than useless on the park. Couldn’t believe he’d got a move to Hearts. 

Sounds like Wighton has the talent but lacks mental aspect of his game then? Perhaps Levein thinks he was work on his mentality and get him to do what he does in training on the park as well.

Phil Dunphy
17 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Decent scoring record - 1 goal in every 2 games on average and they paid a bit of cash for him. Time will tell but I’d rather be signing players that are proven goalscorers than any most ‘projects’ or gambles. 

Aye, he’s scored goals in the Welsh Premier League, the National League and a few in League Two. 

Let’s not pretend this isn’t a massive step up for him. 

Absolute Scenes
56 minutes ago, Markymark said:

This x 100. Once again we’ve scurrying about in the bargain basement whilst Hibs and Aberdeen have promptly went about their business. At least Levein has his ready made excuse when it all goes tits up to argue the player hasn’t had a pre season. 

Oh by hell not another one :biglaugh:

"Promt Business"

- Aberdeen signing a 33 year old midfielder who has one last season

- Hibs, shelling money out for "statement of intent" players, from 4th division of England

Bargain basement, hmm interesting phrase:

- Connor Washington, Ireland international, from a team now in the English Premier League - for free

- Craig Halkett, SPFL team of the year - for free

- Jamie Walker: for free

- Steven Naismith: Scotland international, one of the best standards of players we've had in a long time: for free

Now do I want free international players, or do I want to shell out £500k for a 4th division striker I've never heard of - hmm let me think

Sniff Sniff, you're at it mate.

1 hour ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Why ?

He's a very good centre half who now looks far more likely to fulfil his potential after being consistently played in his preferred position.

Dundee United constantly shunting him out to right back and into midfield held back his development. It's a major reason why he moved to Hearts.

Trying to turn a Rolls Royce of a defender who could earn us millions into a makeshift midfielder because we've let Ryan Edwards go to Burton would be absolute lunacy.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Markymark said:

I think Aberdeen are looking good on paper and have managed to secure some decent players early doors. Vela is a tremendous signing and a real coup for Hibs. Splashed a bit of cash on Dioge and Scott Allan is a player than will chip in with 10 goals a season. 

We have cleared out a lot of the deadwood but let’s face it deadwood that Levein brought in or at least signed off. Washington walker and Halkett are decent signings - I think we are still 3 or 4 short though and whilst the window is open for a few more weeks I’d have preferred to have had a settled team at this point, not signing players a couple of weeks before we kick of for real. 

Scott Allan hasn't scored ten goals to date, in his life. 

Walker has far more assists and goals, fa, far more. Lee 's stats are better than Allan's. 

Vela, I have no idea who he is, but I'll say that Naismith is better, far better. 

Doige, has no where the near the pedigree of Washington. 

Ofc, it's what they do next that is important, but based on that and the early results I think you are being a bit silly. 

We need a couple more, but imo the only actual player that needs replaced that we let go is Djoum and if he leaves Lee. 

Aberdeen have done OK, but they had to replace some of their best players so I wouldn't panic about them either. 

Eddie The Eagle
23 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Loan or signing? Former I would guess if there is any substance to this, would be on a decent wedge at Cardiff

He's a free agent as of June 2019 i believe. He signed a 2 years deal with cardiff in July 2017. Not had much game time down there and looking to play more at 28 years old 

15 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Scott Allan is a player than will chip in with 10 goals a season. 

Scott Allan is 28 and has yet to score 10 goals across his senior career.

Dallas Green
12 minutes ago, Markymark said:

How the **** is Vela a tremendous signing? Based on what?

Scott Allan scoring ten goals this season 😂😂

59 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

:cornette:

The pant wetting over a third rate Midfielder, who played a total of 5 games for us last season, finding a new club.

Ridiculous.

Thanks for the goal Ryan but you weren’t good enough end of discussion. 

What was the point in signing him then?

Another waste of time and money.

The Apprentice
13 minutes ago, Markymark said:

You are having a nightmare!

1 minute ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

He's a free agent as of June 2019 i believe. He signed a 2 years deal with cardiff in July 2017. Not had much game time down there and looking to play more at 28 years old 

Not sure how reliable the Transfermarkt.com website is, but they have him as under contract until 2020.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/loic-damour/profil/spieler/81190

Bu this article suggests now out of contract so you may be right

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-midfielder-loic-damour-15405677

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

Cracking midfielder at this level though, would walk into our team.

Eddie The Eagle
1 minute ago, sandyk said:

Not sure how reliable the Transfermarkt.com website is, but they have him as under contract until 2020.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/loic-damour/profil/spieler/81190

Bu this article suggests now out of contract so you may be right

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/cardiff-city-midfielder-loic-damour-15405677

I'd tend to go with the official channels for the contract he signed, which would certainly suggest he is now a free agent 

Absolute Scenes
6 minutes ago, Darren said:

:biglaugh: exactly

Suddenly the prodigal son returns and out of nowhere scores 10 in his first full season

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Neatly summed up. 

Allan has a bit of ability but hasn't kicked a ball for a year. He doesn't have a McGinn or a McGeough to bail him out. He does have journeyman pros from down South who will have their work cut out, especially with Allan breathing out of his erse after 35 minutes.

I like Alan as well. 

The thing is, he's had one good season in his life. 

He's a tidy player, real vision, great touch and can ghost past a player, but he's more and more like a Tony watt player by the season--by that I mean he looks great but is he actually effective? 

Obviously, as you say as well he can't go past 60 minutes, his diabetes also means that can't really improve. 

Pant wetting at this stage just sums some op nowadays. 

I'd even argue hibs have started worse than us as well. Using them to prove a point about our transfers seems... Wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Morph said:

He's hardly played in the Scottish top flight.

5 minutes ago, Morph said:

Only seems to be able to play for Hibs though, didn't manage much at Celtic, loaned to Dundee and didn't get off the bench much, loaned to Hibs and did well again, forgot all about him last season after he didn't get loaned to Hibs and now that he's back there I expect him to do well again, not a prolific scorer though.

Just now, Darren said:

He's hardly played in the Scottish top flight.

He was a good player at Celtic but was never going to make it as a first choice midfielder with the players they had.  Some players just fit in at certain clubs and Allan seems to be one of them.  He'll no doubt be one of their best players this season imo.

He's a great player and he's better than any of our midfielders currently.  Folk always used to get excited when we were linked to him every transfer window for the last 2/3 years but i suppose he's just shite now because he's back at hibs. :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Only seems to be able to play for Hibs though, didn't manage much at Celtic, loaned to Dundee and didn't get off the bench much, loaned to Hibs and did well again, forgot all about him last season after he didn't get loaned to Hibs and now that he's back there I expect him to do well again, not a prolific scorer though.

I think i watched him in 3 or 4 games for Celtic and thought he was quite good but he wasn't at the level or not given enough of a chance to get to the level of the rest of their team.

I agree he's not going to be a prolific scorer but not sure where that's come from anyway as that was never really his game.

8 minutes ago, Morph said:

He was a good player at Celtic but was never going to make it as a first choice midfielder with the players they had.  Some players just fit in at certain clubs and Allan seems to be one of them.  He'll no doubt be one of their best players this season imo.

He's a great player and he's better than any of our midfielders currently.  Folk always used to get excited when we were linked to him every transfer window for the last 2/3 years but i suppose he's just shite now because he's back at hibs. :laugh: 

I can't recall him doing anything at Celtic.

He looked good for Hibs in the Championship. Gomis and Prince strolled the same league.

46 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I'd be amazed if the Levein tombola is lucky enough to pick out another midfielder like Haring. You never know...

:lol:

Scott Allan has played 157 professional games in his career.  45 in the SPL.

Malaury Martin has played 158.

Edited by Lovecraft

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

He looked good for Hibs in the Championship. Gomis and Prince strolled the same league.

I don't think he achieved anything with them but he was very intelligent on the ball and his distribution into the final third was very good.  Although you could argue that limited players will still look half decent in a strong celtic team.

In my opinion anyway.  For a team like aberdeen/hibs/us he's a great signing.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
31 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Scott Allan hasn't scored ten goals to date, in his life. 

Walker has far more assists and goals, fa, far more. Lee 's stats are better than Allan's. 

Vela, I have no idea who he is, but I'll say that Naismith is better, far better. 

Doige, has no where the near the pedigree of Washington. 

Ofc, it's what they do next that is important, but based on that and the early results I think you are being a bit silly. 

We need a couple more, but imo the only actual player that needs replaced that we let go is Djoum and if he leaves Lee. 

Aberdeen have done OK, but they had to replace some of their best players so I wouldn't panic about them either. 

Pretty much agree with this. Nothing particularly exciting about the vermin’s business

23 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Sounds like Wighton has the talent but lacks mental aspect of his game then? Perhaps Levein thinks he was work on his mentality and get him to do what he does in training on the park as well.

Yeah pretty much what was said. Mark reckoned he’d be a PE teacher within the next few years cause he’s no cut out for football and dressing rooms etc. 

8 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Yeah pretty much what was said. Mark reckoned he’d be a PE teacher within the next few years cause he’s no cut out for football and dressing rooms etc. 

It's entirely possible. Levein has been known to turn the odd career around, so you never know, but Wighton certainly hasn't done much of anything in maroon.

Please don’t shoot the messenger as I’m only passing on what I’ve been told by someone who apparently has close ties with the club. 

Apparently 2 new midfielders more or less signed and we are apparently in talks with Cummings. 

We apparently expect the 2 midfielders to be confirmed by the end of the week. One is a free agent and the other will be for a fee. 

No names were mentioned and I told him I would post on here what he told me and that if wrong he will get a swift kick in the nads. 

1 minute ago, millano77 said:

Please don’t shoot the messenger as I’m only passing on what I’ve been told by someone who apparently has close ties with the club.

Apparently 2 new midfielders more or less signed and we are apparently in talks with Cummings. 

We apparently expect the 2 midfielders to be confirmed by the end of the week. One is a free agent and the other will be for a fee. 

No names were mentioned and I told him I would post on here what he told me and that if wrong he will get a swift kick in the nads. 

It's almost always Gary Locke :laugh: 

Just now, Morph said:

It's almost always Gary Locke :laugh: 

Lol he does know Gary but it wasn’t him the info came from. 

It was a coach though. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It's entirely possible. Levein has been known to turn the odd career around, so you never know, but Wighton certainly hasn't done much of anything in maroon.

And I hope he does. He joined at a terrible time, injury wise and feeling around the club etc so here’s hoping a pre season and better players around him will help him kick on. 

2 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Nothing to back it up but I reckon one will be Scott Fraser 

Eddie The Eagle
5 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Loic Damour

20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Scott "10 goals a season" Allan only has 8 career goals total :lol:

Suppose it’s not bad for a player who is blowing it out of his arse after an hour. 

What really surprises me are the folk on here bigging up someone who has hardly kicked a ball over the past few years. He only really looked half decent when they were in second tier.  Run of the mill sums him up.

54 minutes ago, Morph said:

You can tell us about his great impact over 4 years at Celtic then. 

Looking forward to that. 

1 hour ago, Markymark said:

He’ll score more than any of our strikers this season. He’s already scored more than wighton in his first 2 games. 😂

Bold prediction that one and a strange one for a Hearts fan to make I'll venture

44 minutes ago, Darren said:

He scored two goals in the championship season we finished 21 points ahead of them.

That's the same number as Eckersley, Holt, McGhee, McHattie and Carrick scored for us and half the amount Danny Wilson, Ozturk, Bauben and El Hassnaoui scored.

He'll get ten this year in the Premiership though:rofl: