***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

weegie jambo

Charlie Adam has signed for Reading so that's one name we can stop going on about!

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

I read yesterday Lennon has instructed Bain to start kicking long diagonal balls 😂

Is that not Lennon's way? Smack the ball into the corners and have a headless chicken run very fast for it and then do **** all.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Anyone who wants Souttar to move into midfield is an idiot. 

I’m sorry, but that’s just a ****ing ridiculous idea for anyone to have. 

:spoton:

David McCaig
16 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Got a text saying Cummings at a Tynie with Fraser Wishart 

Probably guff...,,

Surely Fraser Wishart isn't an agent!!!

18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Probably guff...,,

Is he finally getting the Players Union involved after being released  by Hearts? 😎 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, cosanostra said:

Isn't Fraser Wishart the players union guy?

He is, I know nothing about these things, so this is a guess, if your agent was unavailable or you were acting without one, could he take the role of an advisor? No idea, totally speculating

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Tziolis was better than a journeyman .

Ability not in question , attitude shit .

Against Hibs early , meaty challenge that was him done , didn't want the ball 

He was a journeyman for us. 

Just using us, no real investment in the club, and tbh he had no reason too either. 

Souttar to midfield is laughable. If we're signing Bates its because Souttar is leaving which would be incredibly disappointing initially, but Bates has always looked a cracking player and would be an excellent direct replacement. 

Would love it if we're signing Cummings too. Ikpeazu despite his work rate, aggression and general nuisance to defenders, can't hit a coo's arse so I would honestly rather have someone who can hit the target and have Uche as an impact sub. 

If selling Souttar gives us the budget to sign Bates, Mulumbu and Cummings, then although I would hate to see Souttar leaving, I'd be a very happy man ultimately.

7 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

Souttar to midfield is laughable. If we're signing Bates its because Souttar is leaving which would be incredibly disappointing initially, but Bates has always looked a cracking player and would be an excellent direct replacement. 

Would love it if we're signing Cummings too. Ikpeazu despite his work rate, aggression and general nuisance to defenders, can't hit a coo's arse so I would honestly rather have someone who can hit the target and have Uche as an impact sub. 

If selling Souttar gives us the budget to sign Bates, Mulumbu and Cummings, then although I would hate to see Souttar leaving, I'd be a very happy man ultimately.

We must have been watching different David Bates then, because I’ve never once thought he looked a cracking player.

Phil Dunphy
41 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Probably guff...,,

Just asked if this was the case. 

Nope, seems like it’s total guff. 

15 minutes ago, Zaba said:

We must have been watching different David Bates then, because I’ve never once thought he looked a cracking player.

For real? Bags of potential, capped for Scotland, played most of Hamburg's games last season, and still only 22. Yes, there's a reason they're allowing him to leave but comparing Hearts to Hamburg is like apples and oranges! Also has a market value higher than that of Souttar, according to Transfermrkt.

Edited by mc2607

The Apprentice

If the Cummings link is genuine then I'm surprised no media outlet has reported on it yet, unless I've missed something. 

36 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He was a journeyman for us. 

Just using us, no real investment in the club, and tbh he had no reason too either. 

Journeyman suggests average ability . He was way above that . A fact which makes his limited contribution (commitment?) even more annoying 

16 minutes ago, mc2607 said:

For real? Bags of potential, capped for Scotland, played most of Hamburg's games last season, and still only 22. Yes, there's a reason they're allowing him to leave but comparing Hearts to Hamburg is like apples and oranges! Also has a market value higher than that of Souttar, according to Transfermrkt.

He was a regular started in the worst Hamburg team in recent history, and still got dropped towards the end of the season because he’s not good enough. The Scotland caps also baffle me. 

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Just asked if this was the case. 

Nope, seems like it’s total guff. 

Probably is but seems quite bizarre to throw Fraser Wisharts name in

1 minute ago, johnthomas said:

Probably both in to collect their 3rd kit. :D  

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Extremely. 

But if Jason Cummings was there, he’d know about it. And he’s certain he’s not there. It’s rubbish. 

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Probably guff...,,

Wishart wasn’t even that good for us in his prime.

Leveeeeeiiiiiiinnnnn! :mad:

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Isn't Fraser Wishart the players union guy?

Is that ex Hibs turd who now plays for St.Johnstone(name escapes me) not the players union rep now?

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

He is, I know nothing about these things, so this is a guess, if your agent was unavailable or you were acting without one, could he take the role of an advisor? No idea, totally speculating

Was Cummings originally with that absolute c**tstick Houldesworth? Wouldn’t be surprised if we refused to work with him.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Famous 1874 said:

Souttar in midfield is laughable. What we doing next? Michael Smith up front and Naisy in net.

Sean Clare as a midfield powerhouse apparently, imagine him against hardened pros like Brown/Dicker/Jack/Power etc.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Is that ex Hibs turd who now plays for St.Johnstone(name escapes me) not the players union rep now?

Liam Craig, is the PFA chairman now. He took over from John Rankin funnily enough. Wishart is the Chief Executive.

Edited by Pasquale for King

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sean Clare as a midfield powerhouse apparently, imagine him against hardened pros like Brown/Dicker/Jack/Power etc.

Seems okay to me. What makes you think he’ll struggle?

Also... who the **** mentioned the term “powerhouse” before you just tossed it in?

Genuine question PfK, did you used to post on here as Jezza?

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Seems okay to me. What makes you think he’ll struggle?

Also... who the **** mentioned the term “powerhouse” before you just tossed it in?

Genuine question PfK, did you used to post on here as Jezza?

Yeah I used that term for effect. I think that as he can’t tackle, win a header, has no strength and is chicken hearted that the battleground of central midfield in this country is not his “natural position”. The guy has talent, to get him to show it more often is the challenge, where to play him to do this is the question.

I have only ever had one name on here, I don’t see the point of changing it.

Pasquale for King

My mates son is good friends with Cummings, he told me he would come to Hearts if the opportunity arose but that Levein isn’t interested. I think he’s right on this one.

OmiyaHearts
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I used that term for effect. I think that as he can’t tackle, win a header, has no strength and is chicken hearted that the battleground of central midfield in this country is not his “natural position”. The guy has talent, to get him to show it more often is the challenge, where to play him to do this is the question.

It's certainly a concern, with the lack of quality and experience near him in the middle of the park. We  lack the players who have the physicality needed to win battles in that area.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

My mates son is good friends with Cummings, he told me he would come to Hearts if the opportunity arose but that Levein isn’t interested. I think he’s right on this one.

How long does he have on his contract?

Take him on loan with an option to buy and only pay a % of his wage.

Win win no?

I would take him, as a season is a long time in football and we seen what happened last year with injuries.

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

It's certainly a concern, with the lack of quality and experience near him in the middle of the park. We  lack the players who have the physicality needed to win battles in that area.

I'd say we need two CMs with a bite of bite behind him to get the best out of him.

Edited by Lovecraft

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Cummings would love to come to Hearts undoubtedly. The lure of playing for Edinburgh's big team is bound to be appealing,  especially when you've played for the small team 

Also Pleased that Craig has buried this immediately 

A_A wehatethehibs

I'd love it if we signed Cummings, think he would bang in goals. Also the seethe would be sensational.  But there's no way Levein would sign him as he wouldn't run about enough. And Budge probably wouldn't want the controversy or his bad behaviour, tbf he would be in the papers for some antics within a month, would probably get into a fight with a Hibs fan in Tescos or something.

Soapy Soutar
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I'd love it if we signed Cummings, think he would bang in goals. Also the seethe would be sensational.  But there's no way Levein would sign him as he wouldn't run about enough. And Budge probably wouldn't want the controversy or his bad behaviour, tbf he would be in the papers for some antics within a month, would probably get into a fight with a Hibs fan in Tescos or something.

*Farmfoods

Mr Elwood P
2 hours ago, mc2607 said:

Jason Cummings, (Rangers) 15 Premiership appearances 2 goals. 

Uche Ikpeazu, (Hearts) 17 Premiership appearances 3 goals. 

Uche played 2 of those games with a broken foot. Does nobody else check their facts or think before posting? 

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, iainmac said:

Is he finally getting the Players Union involved after being released  by Hearts? 😎 

I believe the correct term is "brutally axed"

Byyy The Light
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Surely Fraser Wishart isn't an agent!!!

If a player doesn't have an agent they can ask the SPFA to represent them.  Not saying there's any truth in the rumour but the PFA do represent players in contract negotiations.

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

How long does he have on his contract?

Take him on loan with an option to buy and only pay a % of his wage.

Win win no?

I would take him, as a season is a long time in football and we seen what happened last year with injuries.

They released him I think.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, JamTartsFan4 said:

Don’t believe it’s levein who doesn’t want Cummings at club 

Who is it then? John Murray did release him right enough.

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Yeah if he had Haring to do the dirty work then he or Irving might be ok, not sure if Bozanic can step up. Let’s see who comes in, might be a top quality loan signing if today’s articles are correct.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thank ****.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you are pals with his mates, then you would know the story.

Come on mate, let’s hear it...

🤔

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Oh... 

See, that’s just utter needless lumping on a player sort of shit. I’m not in to that sort of shite, and any Hearts supporter who is, would be better off just being a Hibs *****.

You are a strange guy. 

26 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Murray was the one who vetoed kevin kyle coming back when Lockie took over the reigns

34 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah if he had Haring to do the dirty work then he or Irving might be ok, not sure if Bozanic can step up. Let’s see who comes in, might be a top quality loan signing if today’s articles are correct.

Haven't seen these.  Can you help with link or source(s) as very interesting.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Jason Cummings, (Rangers) 15 Premiership appearances 2 goals. 

Uche Ikpeazu, (Hearts) 17 Premiership appearances 3 goals. 

Uche played 2 of those games with a broken foot. Does nobody else check their facts or think before posting? 

Aye, but Ikpeazu played 1343 minutes (448 minutes per goal) whereas Cummings only played 611 minutes (306 minutes per goal), which is about 50% better.

Small sample size, though. I'd say it's inconclusive based on those stats. Cummings stats at Peterborough were better (141 minutes per goal).

Cummings, while he has a question mark over his Premiership scoring record, is a penalty box striker and would offer something a bit different to Uche and Washington. I wouldn't be falling over myself to sign him but I wouldn't be disappointed either.