***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Vela and Dioge at Hibs and Bryson at Aberdeen id have taken. 

Too early to say with Vela but why would you want to take Doige? He's getting slaughtered every time he plays by the Hobos! 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

9 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

This marquee signing would certainly be a statement of intent.

Sorry...

Would mean we are well covered in midfield too. 

YouLetYourClubDie
4 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think Callumn Morrison is front of the line for wingers. Also if we play a 4-4-2 Walker will be played as a right winger or right mid.

Hopefully Callumn has worked on his game as after a bright start I thought his decision making and crossing got progressively worse. Has the ability to go past a man but always cuts back inside or takes too long. 

10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You can tell us about his great impact over 4 years at Celtic then. 

Looking forward to that. 

He didn't play much for them over the 4 years just briefly in the first season then went out on loan for the rest.

Don't think i said he made any great impact at celtic either just that i thought he's a great player to have at this level.  Particularly for a team like us/hibs/aberdeen.

11 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Sorry...

I hear Guy Ropes is out of contract. Could do a job as a holding midfielder. 

Edited by iainmac

Just now, Morph said:

He didn't play much for them over the 4 years just briefly in the first season then went out on loan for the rest.

Don't think i said he made any great impact at celtic either just that i thought he's a great player to have at this level.  Particularly for a team like us/hibs/aberdeen.

Done absolutely hee-haw at Dundee. 

CloustonHMFC
13 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Sorry...

It can only be Gareth Bale...

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, Markymark said:

Decent scoring record - 1 goal in every 2 games on average and they paid a bit of cash for him. Time will tell but I’d rather be signing players that are proven goalscorers than any most ‘projects’ or gambles. 

At a lower level than current Northern Ireland international Connor Washington scored goals at for Peterborough. Remind me which one is the project?

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

:biglaugh: exactly

Suddenly the prodigal son returns and out of nowhere scores 10 in his first full season

In the championship season he scored very few could not lace Jamie’s boots 

I'm very much a Levein sceptic, but clubs at our level need to clear the decks before anyone comes in.

Edwards, Lee, Djoum and Martin going should leave space for a couple of decent midfielders. I'll wait and see what our incoming business looks like at the end of August before losing my shit.

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Please don’t shoot the messenger as I’m only passing on what I’ve been told by someone who apparently has close ties with the club. 

Apparently 2 new midfielders more or less signed and we are apparently in talks with Cummings. 

We apparently expect the 2 midfielders to be confirmed by the end of the week. One is a free agent and the other will be for a fee. 

No names were mentioned and I told him I would post on here what he told me and that if wrong he will get a swift kick in the nads. 

Thanks for sharing the info mate, always appreciated!

Didn't say what pedigree or league or that no?

5 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Done absolutely hee-haw at Dundee. 

Aye i suppose he wasn't great there.

He's never let hibs down so far so think he'll go on to be one of their best players again.  I always thought we were crying out for an intelligent player like him too.  Walker has done nothing since leaving hearts but we're all excited that he's come back and he'll probably end up being one of our best players too.

Just need to wait and see but it is a bit maroon tinted specs writing Allan off imo.  

2 hours ago, bn jambo said:

If Edwards is away to Burton is it possible that there might be a midfielder coming the other way ?

I see they have former Dundee Utd Player Scott Fraser, only signed for them last year so maybe not but was he at Dundee Utd with Souttar?

Also Didn't realise Templeton was down there !!!!!!

I suggested that a few pages back otherwise why wait.  if it was the medical they usually say.

Boyce is there as well.

22 minutes ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

Loic Damour

Tweeted 22hrs ago, is in America and Canada with Cardiff pre season tour. 

Doesn't make it impossible, more unlikely though 

Absolute Scenes
8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

In the championship season he scored very few could not lace Jamie’s boots 

Someone quoted Kevin McHattie scored the same amount as him that season. Says it all

Oneneilberry

I think Aberdeen are looking good on paper and have managed to secure some decent players early doors. Vela is a tremendous signing and a real coup for Hibs. Splashed a bit of cash on Dioge and Scott Allan is a player than will chip in with 10 goals a season. 

We have cleared out a lot of the deadwood but let’s face it deadwood that Levein brought in or at least signed off. Washington walker and Halkett are decent signings - I think we are still 3 or 4 short though and whilst the window is open for a few more weeks I’d have preferred to have had a settled team at this point, not signing players a couple of weeks before we kick of for real. 

Nap you hadn’t even heard of Vela a few weeks ago

1 minute ago, Morph said:

He's never let hibs down so far so think he'll go on to be one of their best players again.  I always thought we were crying out for an intelligent player like him too.  Walker has done nothing since leaving hearts but we're all excited that he's come back and he'll probably end up being one of our best players too.

Just need to wait and see but it is a bit maroon tinted specs writing Allan off imo.  

No maroon tinted specs here. His spells at Celtic, Dundee & Rotherham have got "flop" written all over him. He did look OK in a decent midfield last time he played for Hibs but I'm not convinced he's the type of player any manager should be building a team around. 

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, Morph said:

Lets remember that Allan was in a midfield with Brandon Barker, Dylan McGeogh and John McGinn. That midfield would make Jamie Mole look good. He's not all that

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

No maroon tinted specs here. His spells at Celtic, Dundee & Rotherham have got "flop" written all over him. He did look OK in a decent midfield last time he played for Hibs but I'm not convinced he's the type of player any manager should be building a team around. 

Exactly, played decent in a derby against us and suddenly the Messiah

Brick Tamland
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

You can tell us about his great impact over 4 years at Celtic then. 

Looking forward to that. 

Wouldn’t hold your breath waiting, 8 goals in 157 career appearances but he’ll score 10 a season now.... somebody has a full hardon for a player who has done heehaw. Not sure a hearts fan would stick up for him that much...

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Brick Tamland said:

Wouldn’t hold your breath waiting, 8 goals in 157 career appearances but he’ll score 10 a season now.... somebody has a full hardon for a player who has done heehaw. Not sure a hearts fan would stick up for him that much...

Read the boys post - never a hearts fan in his puff like

Half of the hearts stuff he wrote was inaccurate so you know he hasn't a clue. Sniff Sniff

1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Alarm bells are ringing. Dont mean to repeat but I just dont think we are well enough prepared.

I'm not the least interested in whether Hibs are well enough prepared or not.  I think the only alarm bells are in your head.

A few pickings in the Burton Squad 

Temps

Boyce

Quinn

to sweeten the Edwards deal 

4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Lets remember that Allan was in a midfield with Brandon Barker, Dylan McGeogh and John McGinn. That midfield would make Jamie Mole look good. He's not all that

Exactly, played decent in a derby against us and suddenly the Messiah

Scott Allan was one of the main reasons that midfield was good though.  You surely can't say he just coasted through games at hibs doing nothing?

I'm not going to argue trying to big up some hibs ***** anymore but i do think he's a good player :laugh: 

Eddie The Eagle
11 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Tweeted 22hrs ago, is in America and Canada with Cardiff pre season tour. 

Doesn't make it impossible, more unlikely though 

He was on Cardiff's north American tour over there then 

Seems strange when I'm confident he's a free agent. Signed a two years deal July 6th 2017 

Perhaps that's why we've waited to fill Djoum's void up to know. Total guesswork of course on my behalf, but that's the name i was given that we where looking at 

Time will tell 

Edited by Eddie The Eagle

Guest ToqueJambo

I think Aberdeen are looking good on paper and have managed to secure some decent players early doors. Vela is a tremendous signing and a real coup for Hibs. Splashed a bit of cash on Dioge and Scott Allan is a player than will chip in with 10 goals a season. 

We have cleared out a lot of the deadwood but let’s face it deadwood that Levein brought in or at least signed off. Washington walker and Halkett are decent signings - I think we are still 3 or 4 short though and whilst the window is open for a few more weeks I’d have preferred to have had a settled team at this point, not signing players a couple of weeks before we kick of for real. 

Talk to any Hibs fan (the proper ones who don't use words like flair, hoofball and yams all the time). I know a few of them and they are VERY worried about this season. I would say the most worried since Romanov arrived or when we made our great start to the Championship season.

They don't rate Heckinbottom at all. Even their worst managers like Calderwood, Butcher and Fenlon did quite well initially. Heckingbottom had that 10 game run but bombed in the top 6. His signings are apparently largely terrible and he released an entire team but only signed half a team at most. 

They don't rate Mallan apart from his goals. They're not even happy with Kamberi. They have only 3 strikers and one is a youth player. All of their hopes are pinned on Allan, but he is a player who would probably do very well with us with some good players like Walker and Naismith around him, but he's not the type to carry a midfield which is basically the way Hibs midfield is shaping up.

Let's be honest, they would take all of our signings so far and happily give them our pick of any of their s apart from Scott Allan.

Aberdeen are a different kettle of fish. Very stable set up and are spending a LOT of money. Initial signs though are that they will miss Shinnie big time.

Edwards and Lee being allowed to go definitely means we are clearing squad spots and budget to bring in at least one better quality midfielder. It's also very obvious we are going to give our young midfielders more time this season. Back to comparisons with Hibs, they would also bite our hands off for any of our best youngsters. They have no-one of the quality of HIckey, Irving, and Cochrane coming through. They don't even have slightly older prospects like Mulraney and Clare, other than maybe Shaw and Murray.

Absolute Scenes
9 minutes ago, Morph said:

Scott Allan was one of the main reasons that midfield was good though.  You surely can't say he just coasted through games at hibs doing nothing?

I'm not going to argue trying to big up some hibs ***** anymore but i do think he's a good player :laugh: 

McGinn and McGeogh made that midfield, not allan

47 minutes ago, Morph said:

Tell us then all the great work he did at Dundee on loan.

"Great player at this level" being the same level he played at Dundee. 

The Old Tolbooth
28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Talk to any Hibs fan (the proper ones who don't use words like flair, hoofball and yams all the time). I know a few of them and they are VERY worried about this season. I would say the most worried since Romanov arrived or when we made our great start to the Championship season.

They don't rate Heckinbottom at all. Even their worst managers like Calderwood, Butcher and Fenlon did quite well initially. Heckingbottom had that 10 game run but bombed in the top 6. His signings are apparently largely terrible and he released an entire team but only signed half a team at most. 

They don't rate Mallan apart from his goals. They're not even happy with Kamberi. They have only 3 strikers and one is a youth player. All of their hopes are pinned on Allan, but he is a player who would probably do very well with us with some good players like Walker and Naismith around him, but he's not the type to carry a midfield which is basically the way Hibs midfield is shaping up.

Let's be honest, they would take all of our signings so far and happily give them our pick of any of their s apart from Scott Allan.

Aberdeen are a different kettle of fish. Very stable set up and are spending a LOT of money. Initial signs though are that they will miss Shinnie big time.

Edwards and Lee being allowed to go definitely means we are clearing squad spots and budget to bring in at least one better quality midfielder. It's also very obvious we are going to give our young midfielders more time this season. Back to comparisons with Hibs, they would also bite our hands off for any of our best youngsters. They have no-one of the quality of HIckey, Irving, and Cochrane coming through. They don't even have slightly older prospects like Mulraney and Clare, other than maybe Shaw and Murray.

Among a barrel of shite, this post is a diamond to find, superb analysis mate and totally agree 👍

2 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Cool Story bro, that's exactly what happened with every player right enough - and that's exactly what Levein's plan was, to sign a player just so he could freeze him out, then bring him back just for a wee bit of hope at the end, then chuck him ... just for the banter ken - you really have lost it!

Away and fill .net with your bucky drenched bile, at least it will blend in

Like a few on here you somehow think that you speak for everyone. Having watched Hearts since the late 1950’s I think I have gained enough experience to recognise when we have a good strategy in place. Not sure what you mean by Buckie- is that a port in the north?

1 minute ago, Prof said:

Like a few on here you somehow think that you speak for everyone. Having watched Hearts since the late 1950’s I think I have gained enough experience to recognise when we have a good strategy in place. Not sure what you mean by Buckie- is that a port in the north?

So you're an expert and we should defer to your assessment? 

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

How the **** is Vela a tremendous signing? Based on what?

Scott Allan scoring ten goals this season 😂😂

Maybe if you’re a H1B5 fan and member of the funky bunch?

The Future's Maroon
54 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I'm very much a Levein sceptic, but clubs at our level need to clear the decks before anyone comes in.

Edwards, Lee, Djoum and Martin going should leave space for a couple of decent midfielders. I'll wait and see what our incoming business looks like at the end of August before losing my shit.

Exactly, but with Internet forums this is always going to be the case, I miss the days of searching page 312 (I think) on Ceefax for news on possible deals...and the fact we didn’t have countless people acting all entitled and shit.

Maybe if more folk had a little patience and see where we are come end of window before losing the plot!

CL said it would be more about quality than quantity this transfer window, the signings SO FAR back that comment up for me.

RenfrewHearts
3 hours ago, David McCaig said:

5 games of which we won zero!!!

I don't think that Cochrane or Irving are ready to start every week, but certainly good enough to fill in when required.  Hopefully, we can move on Bozanic as well.

In my opinion we only need one midfielder, but we need that player to be outstanding (relatively speaking) and if that player warrants the combined wage of Djoum, Edwards, Lee and Martin so be it.

Yep. Cup Final was better but we still lost. 

Think Bozanic can be useful as back up, would leave us pretty bare if he was to go now. I’m hopeful Cochrane and Irving can help us a lot this year though :thumb:.

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

You would think. As I've said though before; you seem to be an exception to the rule.

The irony of the first part of your post, in tandem with the highlighted part, will also be lost on you.

If you mean I’m not a CL happy clappers, then for once you have made a good post.

2 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

How the **** is Vela a tremendous signing? Based on what?

Scott Allan scoring ten goals this season 😂😂

Vela could be a great signing. Couple of seasons ago many EPL teams were poised to make offers until longish  injury then an inability to get back in team. 

Optimistic about the possibility of signing Cummings. Recognise its a risk, but it seems a calculated risk - He has a lot to prove but will no doubt have the drive to achieve here IMO. 

Letting Edwards go alongside the freed up wages from Djoum & Martin makes me think someone decent could be on their way. Don't know how Levein is keeping things quiet but I'm excited just on that basis. 

Johnny Sandiego
2 hours ago, Markymark said:

Deary me, you are having a shocker. 

Allan hasn't even 'chipped in' with 10 goals in his entire career. Vela is a complete unknkown, bumped from a team who were relegated to League 1. I would also bet you hadn't heard off the guy until he signed for Hibs. You need to stop believing the drivel they post on .net and get back to reality.

As for Aberdeen, whist their business looks ok, remember they have lost 3 of their best players from last season in Shinnie, GMS and Max Lowe. Time will tell if they have managed to get decent replacements but i'm not gonna wet the bed about them just yet.

You obviously have a real personal hatred for Levein,  fair enough, but maybe do some research before you post.

5 minutes ago, Prof said:

If you mean I’m not a CL happy clappers, then for once you have made a good post.

So, it’s 1-0 to Barack then?

1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Suppose it’s not bad for a player who is blowing it out of his arse after an hour. 

What really surprises me are the folk on here bigging up someone who has hardly kicked a ball over the past few years. He only really looked half decent when they were in second tier.  Run of the mill sums him up.

They are called hibs fans. 

RenfrewHearts
2 hours ago, Morph said:

What was the point in signing him then?

Another waste of time and money.

Not sure mate. I’m assuming someone thought he was worth a gamble last summer.

2 minutes ago, RenfrewHearts said:

Not sure mate. I’m assuming someone thought he was worth a gamble last summer.

We also had Ali Crawford on trial before we got Naismith on loan. He played in the friendly at Arbroath last pre-season. 

The worrying aspect is the gulf in class between Naismith & Edwards / Crawford if that was the standard of replacement if the loan deal didn't go ahead with Norwich. 

Absolute Scenes
30 minutes ago, Prof said:

You certainly do not speak for more than yourself with the amount of drivel you post.  The Bucky was in reference to what it looks like you’ve consumed a large amount of, when posting. Chronic

Captain Canada
4 hours ago, Ribble said:

There's a big difference between a bad player and someone who can't get a game because others are better.

We have a weaker midfield now than when Edwards signed though. It's a shame but signing Mulumbu will make things better (fingers crossed). 

RenfrewHearts
4 minutes ago, iainmac said:

We also had Ali Crawford on trial before we got Naismith on loan. He played in the friendly at Arbroath last pre-season. 

The worrying aspect is the gulf in class between Naismith & Edwards / Crawford if that was the standard of replacement if the loan deal didn't go ahead with Norwich. 

Fitness may have been a concern with Crawford. 

I’m not sure it would’ve been. Although getting someone of Naismith’s calibre would’ve been a challenge. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

So, it’s 1-0 to Barack then?

😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Morph said:

What was the point in signing him then?

Another waste of time and money.

If you didn’t love Hearts and looked at it objectively then it’s utter madness. 

But he’ll be gone soon and we move on. Got the feeling there’s going to be a couple of signings that really excite us all.