***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Pasquale for King
50 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If you are pals with his mates, then you would know the story.

Come on mate, let’s hear it...

🤔

My mates son is a good mate of his, it’s not high on my list of things to talk to them about 😃.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Cummings isn't a bad guy he is a bit of a loose cannon. His brothers are thoroughly decent lads. He comes from a nice family, a family of hearts fans. If given the right service I certainly think he could score goals in the SPL.  Is he worth the baggage that comes with is an entirely different question. His next move will make or break him....I'm not necessarily saying I want him at Tynecastle but from a sadistic point of view the seethe he would get from the Leith puddle drinkers would be absolutely hilarious. Imagine him knocking one in for hearts at Easter Road....😂😂😂

If hearts did want Cummings and I have no insider knowledge what so ever to tell me they do, but hypothetically if they did any negotiations the ball would firmly be in hearts court

Edited by mscjambo

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh... 

See, that’s just utter needless lumping on a player sort of shit. I’m not in to that sort of shite, and any Hearts supporter who is, would be better off just being a Hibs *****.

You are a strange guy. 

The point was his lack his of strength and heart, when we are missing Haring or someone similar he isn’t the answer hence the term powerhouse. 

Please don’t tell me what to do, especially when it’s suggesting I should be a Hibs fan (they are the fans with the most blind faith fans i know). If I want to question a player who cost us money and contributed little so far I will, and you or your pals won’t ever stop me from doing it. As I’ve been a Hearts fan all my life since the early 70s and contributed thousands, like many others, and followed us all over Scotland and Europe, I’ve seen some awful teams and managers and live for the all too rare good times.

You might think I’m strange, different would be a better word. 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Murray was the one who vetoed kevin kyle coming back when Lockie took over the reigns

We were under a transfer embargo and they didn’t realise we could’ve re registered Rudi for instance if we had got rid of a similar player (Hamill for instance. Kyle had a great 6 months but cost us a fortune after that,but was fit that season, haven’t ever heard Murray knocked it back though.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Guest ToqueJambo
22 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Cummings isn't a bad guy he is a bit of a loose cannon. His brothers are thoroughly decent lads. He comes from a nice family, a family of hearts fans. If given the right service I certainly think he could score goals in the SPL.  Is he worth the baggage that comes with is an entirely different question. His next move will make or break him....I'm not necessarily saying I want him at Tynecastle but from a sadistic point of view the seethe he would get from the Leith puddle drinkers would be absolutely hilarious. Imagine him knocking one in for hearts at Easter Road....😂😂😂

If hearts did want Cummings and I have no insider knowledge what so ever to tell me they do, but hypothetically if they did any negotiations the ball would firmly be in hearts court

Even though he hasn't really done it at a better level than the Championship, I'm slowly being convinced that Cummings could be a good impact sub option off the bench, at least at first. A nuisance who could grab us a goal when we need one basically. We don't have many if any of those right now. I'm assuming Hibs or D Utd will sign him if anyone does up here though.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Whilst i put it out there re Cummings text earlier today it got me thinking. Do we actually need another striker? I

dont believe we do. It’s a position where I believe we are fairly well covered bearing in mind we might only play one striker especially away from home. 

Midfield is another question..... 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I used that term for effect. I think that as he can’t tackle, win a header, has no strength and is chicken hearted that the battleground of central midfield in this country is not his “natural position”. The guy has talent, to get him to show it more often is the challenge, where to play him to do this is the question.

I have only ever had one name on here, I don’t see the point of changing it.

Arguably Scottish football bypasses central midfield most of the time. I like the idea of Clare in there with AN Other, and AN Other doesn't have to be a midfield enforcer. Haring was more than that. For someone who came with a rep for getting booked a lot he was surprisingly restrained. I always thought Djoum was wilder in the tackle. Clare has a good touch when he's on his game and concentrating. I think he can be a good Djoum replacement. A Gomis type could be good next to him.

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Even though he hasn't really done it at a better level than the Championship, I'm slowly being convinced that Cummings could be a good impact sub option off the bench, at least at first. A nuisance who could grab us a goal when we need one basically. We don't have many if any of those right now. I'm assuming Hibs or D Utd will sign him if anyone does up here though.

He won't have many big options.  As you say an impact sub is not a bad shout. He may need to take a step backwards to get back on track. 

As I say I no nothing so just throwing an opinion out there. 

Alex Kintner
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Sean Clare as a midfield powerhouse apparently, imagine him against hardened pros like Brown/Dicker/Jack/Power etc.

:spoton:

Shouldn’t be anywhere near centre mid until he’s spent a few months bulking up, developing his aggression and hardening himself. Then, and only then, he will be able to survive in the SPL like those monsters McGregor, McLean, Armstrong, Christie, McGeouch and Turnbull.

👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

Clerry Jambo
8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Shouldn’t be anywhere near centre mid until he’s spent a few months bulking up, developing his aggression and hardening himself. Then, and only then, he will be able to survive in the SPL like those monsters McGregor, McLean, Armstrong, Christie, McGeouch and Turnbull.

👍🏻

Top top post Frank, I shudder thinking of him in the engine room

Craig Gordons Gloves
40 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Whilst i put it out there re Cummings text earlier today it got me thinking. Do we actually need another striker? I

dont believe we do. It’s a position where I believe we are fairly well covered bearing in mind we might only play one striker especially away from home. 

Tbf, i'd take him over Wighton ;)

1 minute ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

TBF I'd give you a game first.

😉

Captain Canada

Right now Sean Clare is the only half decent central midfielder we have available. 

I think he'll flourish with the right player beside him rather than Irving or Bozanic. Hopefully that will be addressed very soon. 

I agree he needs to bulk up more though, although I'm sure I read he cut his holiday short in June to do extra work in the gym. 

Let's not write him off before the league season has even started. We have far worse players in the squad right now. 

43 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I think it will all depend on the form of Uche as he’s really struggling at the moment. I he can regain the form of last season before his injury then we’ve got enough up front. 

13 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

👍🏻

Tongue in cheek I sense. But you have a point. You don’t have to be a brute to survive playing in midfield. 

You just need courage. Be imposing, be brave, use what you’ve got to the best of your ability.  We’ve had players like that in the past who were hardly hulking brutes, Hartley and Cameron stick out.

Clare has some way to go before contributing anywhere near what they did. I don’t know why so many posters defend him in a way it’s as if he doesn’t lack anything? Plenty posters who criticise him still recognise he has something, but there’s supporters who , on a daily basis, make out the guy to be an established talent. 

He’s undoubtedly going to be a main fixture for Levein this season, so the stage is set for him. CL thinks he’s similar to Cameron. Well, let’s see the elements to his game Mickey brought when things weren’t going well, when the game was tough and we needed someone to bring a spark. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Was Cummings originally with that absolute c**tstick Houldesworth? Wouldn’t be surprised if we refused to work with him.

Was part of my thinking. 

Caley fan told me today he was going to St Johnstone with May. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
57 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Maybe.....we take Cummings and send Macca back to St Johnstone. 

Stranger things have happened 

On 19/07/2019 at 21:35, jr ewing said:

Maybe a swap deal would work. 

Cadden signed for mls team but loaned straight to oxford. Def sounds dodgy so Oxford didn’t have to pay full compensation 

kingantti1874

We need 1 midfielder no doubt but Cochrane, Irving and Smith will all be top midfielders. Time to get them in the team.. sink or swim.. as for them being to young .. AJAX.. 

10 to 15 starts each should not be a problem.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were under a transfer embargo and they didn’t realise we could’ve re registered Rudi for instance if we had got rid of a similar player (Hamill for instance. Kyle had a great 6 months but cost us a fortune after that,but was fit that season, haven’t ever heard Murray knocked it back though.

Thats what Kyle told me at the POTY awards when i asked how much Hearts meant to him. Thats when he told me he was gonna play for free under lockie but Murray stooped it 

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We need 1 midfielder no doubt but Cochrane, Irving and Smith will all be top midfielders. Time to get them in the team.. sink or swim.. as for them being to young .. AJAX.. 

10 to 15 starts each should not be a problem.

Think your right they all look pretty decent 

6 hours ago, Zaba said:

He was a regular started in the worst Hamburg team in recent history, and still got dropped towards the end of the season because he’s not good enough. The Scotland caps also baffle me. 

They were down to good Rangers man McLeish.  He's a clueless ***** and Bates is murder.

1 hour ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I'd take a one legged, blind, and deaf dog over Wighton 

Portable Badger

Don't know we've been fretting about all summer.  According to the BBC we've already got a 30 goal a season striker who's just extended his contract - Jake Mulraney

Jake Mulraney

Jake Mulraney says it's a "confidence booster" Craig Levein wants to keep him

Jake Mulraney says he wants to "repay" manager Craig Levein after signing a new three-year deal at Hearts.

The Irish winger, 23, scored 30 goals for the Tynecastle side after joining from Inverness Caledonian Thistle last summer.

The new contract will keep him with the Scottish Premiership club until 2022.

Edited by Portable Badger

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Don't know we've been fretting about all summer.  According to the BBC we've already got a 30 goal a season striker who's just extended his contract - Jake Mulraney

Jake Mulraney

Jake Mulraney says it's a "confidence booster" Craig Levein wants to keep him

Jake Mulraney says he wants to "repay" manager Craig Levein after signing a new three-year deal at Hearts.

The Irish winger, 23, scored 30 goals for the Tynecastle side after joining from Inverness Caledonian Thistle last summer.

The new contract will keep him with the Scottish Premiership club until 2022.

Not selling for any less than £25m

Guy has football manager type stats. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Thats what Kyle told me at the POTY awards when i asked how much Hearts meant to him. Thats when he told me he was gonna play for free under lockie but Murray stooped it 

Playing for free doesn’t mean anything though if we couldn’t sign anyone unless it was before we went into Administration. Strange story though and shows Murray up for what he is.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

Edwards to Burton Albion confirmed. 

I don’t think he was ever good enough to sign in the first place, he did though give us an energy we were sadly lacking and a those wonderful few minutes of hope in the final. I think he maybe could’ve been given a chance at CM this season, at least until we got someone else in. Good luck to the guy.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Cadden signed for mls team but loaned straight to oxford. Def sounds dodgy so Oxford didn’t have to pay full compensation 

Everyone has to pay the same compensation if they’re at a certain level. He’s only going there because Columbus have their quota full apparently and will go over for next season.

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Everyone has to pay the same compensation if they’re at a certain level. He’s only going there because Columbus have their quota full apparently and will go over for next season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49070898

bbc seems to indicate that lower compensation due to mls

Edited by Newton51
More info

FarmerTweedy
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Columbus are rated at a lower level, so have to pay a lot less, if any, compensation, according to an article I read. That article was from the same organisation that has Mulraney scoring 30 goals last season though!

Edit: The guy that invented gravity has provided a link!

Edited by FarmerTweedy

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

👍🏻

Is that all the guys you could come up with, half of them don’t even play here anymore and every single one can tackle, look after themselves and the ball and aren’t easily pushed around as Clare is. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49070898

bbc seems to indicate that lower compensation due to mls

It has changed recently as we got nothing for Nicholson. Columbus are trying to argue they’re not at the same level so should pay less. They’re still planning to use him, not pass him onto Oxford full time as I said before.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Columbus are rated at a lower level, so have to pay a lot less, if any, compensation, according to an article I read. That article was from the same organisation that has Mulraney scoring 30 goals last season though!

Edit: The guy that invented gravity has provided a link!

I read a link a few weeks ago when we were linked with him, so if poached a good youngster from them we would need to pay them compensation 🤷🏾‍♂️. It’s nuts and that loophole should’ve been closed ages ago, cost us &300-400k for Nicholson. 

The link I read also said a sell on clause is automatically inserted so Motherwell would get something if Oxford do buy him.

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I read a link a few weeks ago when we were linked with him, so if poached a good youngster from them we would need to pay them compensation 🤷🏾‍♂️. It’s nuts and that loophole should’ve been closed ages ago, cost us &300-400k for Nicholson. 

The link I read also said a sell on clause is automatically inserted so Motherwell would get something if Oxford do buy him.

I think sounds dodgy especially considering Oxford wanting to buy him previously but don’t want to pay the money and all of a sudden signs for a mls team and straight on loan to oxford

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/chris-cadden-transfer-fight-columbus-18500993

5 hours ago, JamTartsFan4 said:

Don’t believe it’s levein who doesn’t want Cummings at club 

Neil McCann? Naismith?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I think sounds dodgy especially considering Oxford wanting to buy him previously but don’t want to pay the money and all of a sudden signs for a mls team and straight on loan to oxford

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/chris-cadden-transfer-fight-columbus-18500993

It does sound dodgy but I can’t see why Columbus Crew would do it for a few hundred grand as they’re a decent sized team.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/5993e69ca7ea434bd2935891/20-columbus-crew/

60C965A2-CF3B-493A-B70F-1C01CE13C107.png

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Scott Allan on track for his regular 10 goals a season. 

The League Cup is a good opportunity for new signings to settle in and bag a few goals before sterner tests in the league.

Allan seemingly bedding in and finding his feet. Am hoping it proves as much in our next couple of games for likes of Washington be great to see him hit a wee goal scoring streak 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It does sound dodgy but I can’t see why Columbus Crew would do it for a few hundred grand as they’re a decent sized team.

https://www.forbes.com/pictures/5993e69ca7ea434bd2935891/20-columbus-crew/

60C965A2-CF3B-493A-B70F-1C01CE13C107.png

Yeah your right doesn’t make sense from their side but you know what agents are like.  Might be a connection somewhere.

Brings back memories of Andy Webster leaving to go to Wigan and ending back at Rangers

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah your right doesn’t make sense from their side but you know what agents are like.  Might be a connection somewhere.

Brings back memories of Andy Webster leaving to go to Wigan and ending back at Rangers

Indeed it does, shame what happened to those two after that eh 😆. Nobody gave a **** when we got nothing for Nicholson, I bet the press kick up a stink because it’s one of their wee pals.

Edited by Pasquale for King

1 hour ago, Cygnet said:

Edwards to Burton Albion confirmed. 

It just feels like a mistake.

When you have someone who puts that much effort into their game and is playing for the privilege of playing for the club I just don't think they should be allowed to leave so easily. 

He came from nowhere to start the Scottish cup final and his work rate along with Haring had us competing to the point where we actually took the lead. Not only that it was his goal getting us in front. It wasn't to be in the end but his performance in that match showed exactly what we have been missing in midfield. Drive.

Stevie May has signed for St Johnstone, 3 year deal.  Will be confirmed tomorrow possibly. Good bit of business for them if May is half the player he was prior to his move.  They have also signed a 6' 5 Estonian international centre back.

22 minutes ago, Bauld said:

It just feels like a mistake.

When you have someone who puts that much effort into their game and is playing for the privilege of playing for the club I just don't think they should be allowed to leave so easily. 

He came from nowhere to start the Scottish cup final and his work rate along with Haring had us competing to the point where we actually took the lead. Not only that it was his goal getting us in front. It wasn't to be in the end but his performance in that match showed exactly what we have been missing in midfield. Drive.

I'm in this boat too. I don't think Edwards was technically amazing, but he was a tidy enough player (what little we got to see of him). Levein seemed to just not fancy him for whatever reason. Not too proud of Levein here tbh, feels like he treated the guy quite shoddily, especially since he gave everything, pressed like a mad man and obviously scored in the cup final. Plenty players haven't pulled their weight last season, Edwards wasn't one of them. 

I'd have kept him too. A midfield 3 or Haring, Edwards & Naismith/ Walker would be up there IMO

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'm in this boat too. I don't think Edwards was technically amazing, but he was a tidy enough player (what little we got to see of him). Levein seemed to just not fancy him for whatever reason. Not too proud of Levein here tbh, feels like he treated the guy quite shoddily, especially since he gave everything, pressed like a mad man and obviously scored in the cup final. Plenty players haven't pulled their weight last season, Edwards wasn't one of them. 

I'd have kept him too. A midfield 3 or Haring, Edwards & Naismith/ Walker would be up there IMO

We’ll be playing with two centre midfielders this season. Unfortunately Edwards just isn’t good enough to play in a two at this level. His passing, control and positional awareness are just not up to scratch. Can’t fault his passion, energy and workrate though.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

St johnstone needed something - started horrendously so fair dues.

Re Clare - he is a tall elegant runner in the middle of midfield with the ball at his feet so I understand why a lot of Hearts fans don’t ‘get him’.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Not selling for any less than £25m

Guy has football manager type stats. 

Correct. Nobody in Scotland scores 30 goals a season like Jake Mulraney! fact*

(*made up fact).