***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If you didn’t love Hearts and looked at it objectively then it’s utter madness. 

But he’ll be gone soon and we move on. Got the feeling there’s going to be a couple of signings that really excite us all.

"all" 

Ooft, that's a bold statement on here! 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Just to say again, Mark O'hara is on Peterborough's transfer list. 

I'd take him. Youth on his side and a stand out for Dundee. 

4 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

At this moment in time it’s more like exiting times at Hearts.

:clap:

12 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

You certainly do not speak for more than yourself with the amount of drivel you post.  The Bucky was in reference to what it looks like you’ve consumed a large amount of, when posting. Chronic

I was under the impression that this was a forum where people could express their opinions about Hearts. Presumably the many people sitting around me in the Wheatfield who have similar opinions about the way our club is going can be ignored as well. Or maybe as you say they are all Hibbies buying season tickets and contributing to FOH to undermine the club.

Dalstonjambo
48 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Vela could be a great signing. Couple of seasons ago many EPL teams were poised to make offers until longish  injury then an inability to get back in team. 

If we signed him people would moan about us signing an injury prone player. 

Your post could almost word for word be used to describe Sean Clare. 

(Not a dig at you btw)

1 minute ago, Dalstonjambo said:

If we signed him people would moan about us signing an injury prone player. 

Your post could almost word for word be used to describe Sean Clare. 

(Not a dig at you btw)

Agreed. Vela looked a great prospect two years ago. 

29 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If you didn’t love Hearts and looked at it objectively then it’s utter madness. 

But he’ll be gone soon and we move on. Got the feeling there’s going to be a couple of signings that really excite us all.

I could be wrong but I’m sure he was signed as we thought the deal for Clare was dead then he came back to us and we managed to strike a deal, this is why Edwards went out on loan, also it looks like levein was happy to keep him as a squad player this year but he wanted to move on so not really madness more him forcing a move 

I'm amazed at the number of people who post on here who criticise other teams signings despite sometimes not knowing too much about them yet then seem to think that every player we sign is a world beater. For example Doidge that hibs signed has scored 109 goals in 270 + games while Uche has scored 43 goals in 18 0+ games. Now I'm not saying Doidge is better or going to be better but just based on his stats he's definitely more prolific. In all honesty the calibre of our recent signings (this window apart) have not been good enough in the last 3 or 4 windows, and it is clear that some other teams have signed players who have been ridiculed on here and yet have turned out to be better players than we have signed. Now I know we all hope that we are signing players of a higher quality than the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen but truth is we're not. Some may be better but others are definitely not.

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Optimistic about the possibility of signing Cummings. Recognise its a risk, but it seems a calculated risk - He has a lot to prove but will no doubt have the drive to achieve here IMO. 

Letting Edwards go alongside the freed up wages from Djoum & Martin makes me think someone decent could be on their way. Don't know how Levein is keeping things quiet but I'm excited just on that basis. 

I really hope you are right as we could do with another couple of players.

Or it could be they have already spent the money on Washington, Walker and Halkett's wages and the big one with Naismith as well as extending exisiting deals for some of the players and they need to recover the money already committed.

3 minutes ago, dougal said:

I'm amazed at the number of people who post on here who criticise other teams signings despite sometimes not knowing too much about them yet then seem to think that every player we sign is a world beater. For example Doidge that hibs signed has scored 109 goals in 270 + games while Uche has scored 43 goals in 18 0+ games. Now I'm not saying Doidge is better or going to be better but just based on his stats he's definitely more prolific. In all honesty the calibre of our recent signings (this window apart) have not been good enough in the last 3 or 4 windows, and it is clear that some other teams have signed players who have been ridiculed on here and yet have turned out to be better players than we have signed. Now I know we all hope that we are signing players of a higher quality than the likes of Hibs or Aberdeen but truth is we're not. Some may be better but others are definitely not.

There's a revelation.

Everybody take note.

Some of our signings are better than Aberdeen and Hibs signings and some are not.

13 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Levein wants someone in before Aberdeen so 2 weeks away. Nothing imminent

So if that's the case and he wants that player to play against Aberdeen then it would need to be someone who is fully fit and ready to play.

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

They are called hibs fans. 

Yep, the place crawling with them just now.  Lathering over Allan and no marks from the lower divisions down south while knocking  Hearts at every turn. Pathetic.

Edited by Deevers

5 hours ago, Morph said:

Hopefully, leaving it late though if the plan is to pick up free transfers!

Went a bit quiet on the Morrison front, i hope the article about us not being interested was a load of rubbish as he'd be a fantastic addition.

Unless he would cost too much in wages I cannot see why we WOULDN'T be interested in Morrison. He would stroll our league.

Guest ToqueJambo
36 minutes ago, dougal said:

In terms of hibs signings compared to ours this season, who would you take from them in place of Halkett, Washington, Walker and Naismith?

For that matter who would you take from Aberdeen instead of any of the above in the same positions?

31 minutes ago, graygo said:

There's a revelation.

Everybody take note.

Some of our signings are better than Aberdeen and Hibs signings and some are not.

That's absolute bollocks, you've got it completely wrong.  The FACT is, some of our signings are worse than Aberdeen and Hibs signings and some are not.  

5 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yep, it’s not really a big deal. I wish him well however. 

Once Lee goes, which I expect him to and with Haring possibly a long term injury, we will definitely sign 2 midfielders imo and I think both with be good. 

or will Levein save some money and "give youth a chance"?

I would have preferred that any major signings would have been completed by now and would have bern ready to hit the ground running in Aberdeen.

Now seems probable that such signings plus Naismith will be completed in August.

Not the end of the world but a bit disappointing imo.

GorgieFifeLife
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I'm not the least interested in whether Hibs are well enough prepared or not.  I think the only alarm bells are in your head.

Hahaha get a life.  It's absolutely pathetic the number of clowns on here who accuse you of being a hobo because you suggest the team is not in the best place it could be. I pity you.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would have preferred that any major signings would have been completed by now and would have bern ready to hit the ground running in Aberdeen.

Now seems probable that such signings plus Naismith will be completed in August.

That’s the reality of the transfer window. 

2 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Hahaha get a life.  It's absolutely pathetic the number of clowns on here who accuse you of being a hobo because you suggest the team is not in the best place it could be. I pity you.

No need to pity me mate - I'm a JAMBO!

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, JamboAl said:

No need to pity me mate - I'm a JAMBO!

Il see you on Wed night outside main stand then.

@PerthtoPaisley just posted the following on Twitter: 

Hearing through the grapevine that David Bates is on his way to us. In need of a centre mid, I know he’s a centre back, can he play there? Or does Soapy slot in at centre mid? 🇱🇻

B22DA9FB-034C-40E0-A387-90492BB950AF.png

Thought Police
1 minute ago, mintmyster said:

@PerthtoPaisley just posted the following on Twitter: 

Hearing through the grapevine that David Bates is on his way to us. In need of a centre mid, I know he’s a centre back, can he play there? Or does Soapy slot in at centre mid? 🇱🇻

B22DA9FB-034C-40E0-A387-90492BB950AF.png

Why on earth would he leave Hamburg for us?

1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Why on earth would he leave Hamburg for us?

On Loan?

I'm not saying we should take him or need him but there may be personal circumstances.

Absolute Scenes
59 minutes ago, Prof said:

I was under the impression that this was a forum where people could express their opinions about Hearts. Presumably the many people sitting around me in the Wheatfield who have similar opinions about the way our club is going can be ignored as well. Or maybe as you say they are all Hibbies buying season tickets and contributing to FOH to undermine the club.

That will be the voices in your head again not people round you. There’s having an opinion on something then there’s you, saying that levein purposely signed Edwards just so he could ruin his career. Pathetic patter

5 hours ago, Markymark said:

Vela and Dioge at Hibs and Bryson at Aberdeen id have taken. 

Aye? No ****ing clue who Doidge is personally. Bryson could be a decent signing.

16 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Same nearly every transfer window.

Then we are told that the new guys need time to either get fit, or acclimatise.

Well if they were here in plenty time, they'd get a pre-season and some friendlies under their belt.

Some can't be helped, such as Naismith, but it must have been clearer to Levein than anyone else that Djoum, Lee and Edwards were away for one reason or another.

Their successors should have been here already.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Same nearly every transfer window.

Then we are told that the new guys need time to either get fit, or acclimatise.

Well if they were here in plenty time, they'd get a pre-season and some friendlies under their belt.

Some can't be helped, such as Naismith, but it must have been clearer to Levein than anyone else that Djoum, Lee and Edwards were away for one reason or another.

Their successors should have been here already.

Maybe some of their successors are already here?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

The better the player the longer it will take to sign them. 

Thats my optimistic view and I’m sticking to it.

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe some of their successors are already here?

Yeah mate.

That had occurred to me, but unless we are really lucky and one or two of those young guys can last a full season, I don't think we have.

Centre mid can be a battlefield and I'd rather our kids, as promising as they are, were nurtured into it.

Right now our main guys are Clare, Bozanic, and an indefinitely out Haring. ( Have I missed anyone ??)

I'd say we need a few older heads in there....... ( not the Stephen McLean version of older mind you).

Edited by Busby8

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Thanks for sharing the info mate, always appreciated!

Didn't say what pedigree or league or that no?

Unfortunately not. He said he’s keeping things close to his cheats as doesn’t want to get the guy who told him into trouble. 

I am pushing for more info but he’s no for budging. 

I suppose time will tell and if it doesn’t come up then he better be buying a good cup as I’ll be buying a pair of steel toecaps 😂

11 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The better the player the longer it will take to sign them. 

Thats my optimistic view and I’m sticking to it.

Correct

Levein has already said it before. Some top players without clubs won’t sign for us just now, incase something might materialise down south. When they know it won’t, they join us. 

There is also the possibility that someone else we’re after is in the same position as Naismith, and can’t sign until August as they’d lose the “13th month” salary

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

Alex Tziolis is on a free :D 

(I would 100% take him, Cathro was a poor reflection on everyone)

In fairness he’s class! And would thrive in right team 

Biffa Bacon
3 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Correct

Levein has already said it before. Some top players without clubs won’t sign for us just now, incase something might materialise down south. When they know it won’t, they join us. 

There is also the possibility that someone else we’re after is in the same position as Naismith, and can’t sign until August as they’d lose the “13th month” salary

Absolutely this, it is not a case of doing shopping in a supermarket. Players will not know if they are needed for the season ahead, especially down south as they are behind us in terms of preparation for the new season. If there is a chance of being in a squad for a bigger team, you would sit tight, but perhaps they will make new signings and there is a domino effect, it may take until the end of the window to get best value for our limited budget.

20 minutes ago, OTT said:

Alex Tziolis is on a free :D 

(I would 100% take him, Cathro was a poor reflection on everyone)

Would take him back. 👍

Cruyff Turn
50 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

or will Levein save some money and "give youth a chance"?

Even if we signed 2, we’re still going to be playing academy players.

Djoums gone, Edwards and Lee going, Haring potentially out for yonks. 

We only have Bozanic, Clare, Cochrane, Irvine & C.Smith fit. 

3 out 2 in still allows for Academy players I think. 

5 minutes ago, jambo mark said:

Correct

I reckon CL was principally focussed on keeping Djoum and was less concerned about Edwards and Lee. Losing DJ has probably convinced him we can't carry so many non-first choice senior players and a complete overhaul was then required. I would expect two replacements. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Even if we signed 2, we’re still going to be playing academy players.

Djoums gone, Edwards and Lee going, Haring potentially out for yonks. 

We only have Bozanic, Clare, Cochrane, Irvine & C.Smith fit. 

3 out 2 in still allows for Academy players I think. 

Good. 4 senior CM’s and 3 academy players pushing them.

Why wouldn’t we want this?