***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

Phil D. Corners

Levein mention that he was past the scouting phase.

Edited by Phil D. Corners

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Good. 4 senior CM’s and 3 academy players pushing them.

Why wouldn’t we want this?

I think that’s what will happen. Even if we get a good one for 2-3 years and the other just for the season, then in the summer Bozanic’s contract expires as well and the young lads have a season under their belts. 

1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Levein mention that he was not using the scouts network to find a midfielder. I make the assumption that target(s) would be well known players. 

Just as long as it's not Youtube

Phil D. Corners
1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

Just as long as it's not Youtube

Sorry I made a mistake. 

He said he’s passed the scouting stage. As he knows his target(s). 

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

Alex Tziolis is on a free :D 

(I would 100% take him, Cathro was a poor reflection on everyone)

Don’t think Levein or MacPhee would though...

Wouldn’t know where to start looking for it, but I’m sure at either the Cathro open night, or a subsequent event /. Interview MacPhee stated (and possibly name checked) Tziolis as being the wrong kind of player for hearts as he acted though he was doing the club a favour playing for them and was half hearted as opposed to wanting to play for the jersey

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Unfortunately not. He said he’s keeping things close to his cheats as doesn’t want to get the guy who told him into trouble. 

I am pushing for more info but he’s no for budging. 

I suppose time will tell and if it doesn’t come up then he better be buying a good cup as I’ll be buying a pair of steel toecaps 😂

Haha that’s all good mate, thanks again

3 hours ago, Prof said:

If you mean I’m not a CL happy clappers, then for once you have made a good post.

FTH

1 hour ago, mintmyster said:

@PerthtoPaisley just posted the following on Twitter: 

Hearing through the grapevine that David Bates is on his way to us. In need of a centre mid, I know he’s a centre back, can he play there? Or does Soapy slot in at centre mid? 🇱🇻

B22DA9FB-034C-40E0-A387-90492BB950AF.png

Both David Bates & Gotoku Sakai have been informed that they will play no role under Dieter Hecking and should look for a new club. [BILD]

it was claimed later that he had a future but no smoke without fire

33 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Absolutely this, it is not a case of doing shopping in a supermarket. Players will not know if they are needed for the season ahead, especially down south as they are behind us in terms of preparation for the new season. If there is a chance of being in a squad for a bigger team, you would sit tight, but perhaps they will make new signings and there is a domino effect, it may take until the end of the window to get best value for our limited budget.

Wyscout is a good as the highlighted bit.

It adds nothing to any speculation as to whether we sign him or not but I was once told Bates is virtually silent throughout every 90 mins he plays. ‘Bizarrely quiet’ was how he was described to me. 

Anyway, as you were. 

9 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

Wouldn’t know where to start looking for it, but I’m sure at either the Cathro open night, or a subsequent event /. Interview MacPhee stated (and possibly name checked) Tziolis as being the wrong kind of player for hearts as he acted though he was doing the club a favour playing for them and was half hearted as opposed to wanting to play for the jersey

Really? Poor suggestion on my part then. 

I think the sort of seasoned pro Levein is going for, is someone who buys in to what he's trying to achieve with the youth academy. Naismith, Berra, Cowie and probably Hughes have all been shrewd acquisitions in that sense. Problem is, its a pretty confined market, I've got a sneaky feeling we'll go for Dorrans. In terms of someone who could totally buy into what Levein is trying to do, I'd pull out every stop to try and get Darren Fletcher in. Even if he could only play Hughes volume of games I think having someone with that presence would spur the youngsters on tenfold. Although as I understand it he's retiring. Wonder how far a phone call from Levein would go? Surely worth a try..

I'd like to see either Dorrans & O'Hara or Fletcher & O'Hara. Mulumbu would also have been a shout too.

We've moved enough players on to make me think there must be a bit of wiggle room in the budget to bring in someone of real quality, so fingers crossed Levein wows us with another marquee type.

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think the sort of seasoned pro Levein is going for, is someone who buys in to what he's trying to achieve with the youth academy. Naismith, Berra, Cowie and probably Hughes have all been shrewd acquisitions in that sense. Problem is, its a pretty confined market, I've got a sneaky feeling we'll go for Dorrans. In terms of someone who could totally buy into what Levein is trying to do, I'd pull out every stop to try and get Darren Fletcher in. Even if he could only play Hughes volume of games I think having someone with that presence would spur the youngsters on tenfold. Although as I understand it he's retiring. Wonder how far a phone call from Levein would go? Surely worth a try..

I'd like to see either Dorrans & O'Hara or Fletcher & O'Hara. Mulumbu would also have been a shout too.

We've moved enough players on to make me think there must be a bit of wiggle room in the budget to bring in someone of real quality, so fingers crossed Levein wows us with another marquee type.

Just have a look and see if there are any Northern Ireland Midfielders out of contract anywhere and Austin will be persuading them to come to us.

jamboinglasgow
35 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Good. 4 senior CM’s and 3 academy players pushing them.

Why wouldn’t we want this?

I think its something people have to face. If we want the academy strategy to work, then you need to have space open for them to take their chance. Yes you may have inexperience at first, but long term you can have a player much better then you could sign.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

In terms of hibs signings compared to ours this season, who would you take from them in place of Halkett, Washington, Walker and Naismith?

For that matter who would you take from Aberdeen instead of any of the above in the same positions?

If you read my post, I said this window apart. This window has been better than it's been in a few years now. We do still need at least two new midfielders,  so based on that I would take Allan and Bryson right now. However you never know Levein despite his previous record signing midfielders might actually sign a couple that are half decent this window.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd like us to get a Bruno Aguiar type. Benfica reserves must have a player or 2 kicking about 

Just now, Sir Gio said:

I'd like us to get a Bruno Aguiar type. Benfica reserves must have a player or 2 kicking about 

Thats a good shout, I was going to add to what I was saying that we need to try and find a way of raising the quality of our journeymen signings. Ideally, we'd be looking for more players of Harings standard or above, I don't think Lee or Bozanic are the types to keep us pushing forward. No disrespect to either of them. But I think you've hit the nail on the head. Someone from a club that will have that technical ability to both be able to win back the ball but also make intelligent passes etc. If that player is on loan, then so be it.

46 minutes ago, BM1874 said:

As much as I liked Tziolis initially, that's about the best summation I've read about his time with us.

Class player but that really is a crap attitude for any professional to have.

We need and deserve better.

Edited by Busby8

The Future's Maroon
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Il see you on Wed night outside main stand then.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Good

Excellent, we haven’t had a virtual square up on here for ages! 

PaulHartley10
22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Just have a look and see if there are any Northern Ireland Midfielders out of contract anywhere and Austin will be persuading them to come to us.

Chris Brunt...

1 hour ago, OTT said:

Too late for him now, 35 next birthday. We missed a great opportunity when he was here. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Souttar is at near peak value for us. Maybe another season and a few more caps. Maybe.

Mr Elwood P
31 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

There is a chance that there will be no more signings. 

No chance of that happening. Zero!

The Future's Maroon
32 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

There is a chance yes, for every single club in the UK (minus Chelsea of course), but I will confidently say with regards to us....there will be minimum two new signings.

GorgieRules22
44 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Wow earth shattering news 😱

2 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Wow earth shattering news 😱

I too, was stunned.

:) 

2 hours ago, millano77 said:

Unfortunately not. He said he’s keeping things close to his cheats as doesn’t want to get the guy who told him into trouble. 

I am pushing for more info but he’s no for budging. 

I suppose time will tell and if it doesn’t come up then he better be buying a good cup as I’ll be buying a pair of steel toecaps 😂

Hobo 🤔🤪

WheatfieldWarrior
7 hours ago, millano77 said:

Please don’t shoot the messenger as I’m only passing on what I’ve been told by someone who apparently has close ties with the club. 

Apparently 2 new midfielders more or less signed and we are apparently in talks with Cummings. 

We apparently expect the 2 midfielders to be confirmed by the end of the week. One is a free agent and the other will be for a fee. 

No names were mentioned and I told him I would post on here what he told me and that if wrong he will get a swift kick in the nads. 

So possibly the second midfielder is a replacement for Edwards.

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Hasn't he taken a coaching job at Man U too?

Biffa Bacon
8 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Wyscout is a good as the highlighted bit.

I don't even know what Wyscout is, presumably some database for identifying suitable players. I would guess that it does not identify their availability, which is the tricky bit as players with options will wait until they see what the best deal is for them before committing. And their options will be shaped by the transfer business that their parent club is doing and how they are viewed by management, which is a fluid situation. 

10 hours ago, OTT said:

Too slow for our game  

A lot of player's come here and struggle with the pace of our game. For all the people that slate our game its it's just too fast paced for even fantastic technical players like Tziolis 

11 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Too slow for our game  

A lot of player's come here and struggle with the pace of our game. For all the people that slate our game its it's just too fast paced for even fantastic technical players like Tziolis 

Which is odd when you think about it, as surely in that case all we would need to do is play at pace in European games, and Scottish teams would hoover up all the trophies and be world champions. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Read this morning that we “will receive a heft fee” for Edwards?! 

Thats good news then. 

kingantti1874
18 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Too slow for our game  

Not sure, he was fabulous until cathro confused the life out of that team .

Robbo Is God

OK, I was bored at work, so I've made up a list of midfielders who are free agents, who played in the English Championship last season. Some may be good, some may be crap, some may be waaaay out of our price range, but as this is a transfer rumour thread, I thought it may cause an interesting discussion to break out..... for a change.

Will Buckley

Ben Gladwin (Same as Aidy White, been injured a year, maybe worth a punt if we can get him fit)

Marc Wilson

Josh McEachran

Tom Adeyemi

Grant Ward

Ben Pringle

Pawel Wszolek

Anthony Forde

Jon Taylor

Almen Abdi

Leroy Fer

This is just to open up a discussion. Like I said, some may be too good, too crap or just far too expensive. Anybody jump out at you though?

Gene Parmesan
26 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Read this morning that we “will receive a heft fee” for Edwards?! 

Thats good news then. 

Sell-on fee. Not a transfer fee. 

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Sell-on fee. Not a transfer fee. 

Whats the difference? 

4 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Whats the difference? 

Free transfer but if Burton sell him we will get a large percentage of the fee they get

4 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Whats the difference? 

If Burton go on to sell him, we would get a % of the fee.  

A transfer fee would indicate burton were going to pay some £ to us directly to sign him. 

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Too slow for our game  

42 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Which is odd when you think about it, as surely in that case all we would need to do is play at pace in European games, and Scottish teams would hoover up all the trophies and be world champions. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think the issue is if you are playing that way, you need at least 6/7 players that can do it. 

2/3 technical players will be lost and not be effective to the degree they can be, get a team largely made up of them and you play football and dominate most games. 

6 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

I think the issue is if you are playing that way, you need at least 6/7 players that can do it. 

2/3 technical players will be lost and not be effective to the degree they can be, get a team largely made up of them and you play football and dominate most games. 

I put it more down to the fact he just want that interested. Played within himself as soon as he realised the standard of football was what it was, and turned his mind to his next move. Was just going through the motions much of the time. Same with Dauda and and Pinilla. Agree that more players of a similar standard around him would have helped though.

SuperstarSteve

It’s never good to spend cash for the sake of it. 

When we can afford 6 figure fees for the likes of wighton and Clare we can surely afford to spend money on a decent player this window rather than bargain buys. 

Don’t get me wrong, naisy, Walker, Washington and halkett are very good bargain buys. 

A_A wehatethehibs
11 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

If that’s the case then I can’t see Lee and Edwards leaving, it just leaves us too thin. 

There’s no way Craig Levein will have lightweights Bozanic and Clare and a few kids (good kids Irving Cochrane Smith but kids all the same) as his first choice senior CMs to start the season. 

1 hour ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Free transfer but if Burton sell him we will get a large percentage of the fee they get

Of course yeah had a proper brain fart there trying to navigate an airport with 2 kids going mad.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I put it more down to the fact he just want that interested. Played within himself as soon as he realised the standard of football was what it was, and turned his mind to his next move. Was just going through the motions much of the time. Same with Dauda and and Pinilla. Agree that more players of a similar standard around him would have helped though.

Yip, Cathro got a lot of journeymen in on short term deals, natural for players to think about their next move and lose interest, a big factor at that time imo.

Cathro, probably lost the "interest" of several players tbh, hardly Mr Personality....

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I read yesterday Lennon has instructed Bain to start kicking long diagonal balls 😂

Phil Dunphy

Anyone who wants Souttar to move into midfield is an idiot. 

I’m sorry, but that’s just a ****ing ridiculous idea for anyone to have. 

1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yip, Cathro got a lot of journeymen in on short term deals, natural for players to think about their next move and lose interest, a big factor at that time imo.

Cathro, probably lost the "interest" of several players tbh, hardly Mr Personality....

Tziolis was better than a journeyman .

Ability not in question , attitude shit .

Against Hibs early , meaty challenge that was him done , didn't want the ball