***OFFICIAL SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD***

Absolute Scenes

davemclaren
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Strange signing to begin with.

Almost made himself a legend but the referee had other ideas with the penalty.

He never looked good enough and i doubt we'll miss him.

A ‘squad player’ if ever there was one imo. Good luck to him. 

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I digress but can anyone else remember the game where we played Eggert Jonssen as a striker ? 

:rofl:

As useful as a fart in a spacesuit.

Not as bad as the game Laszlo played Mrowiec up front 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d imagine we are well advanced with at least one if not two signings.

You would certainly hope so. 

29 minutes ago, How's my driving said:

Barry Anderson on Twitter saying we've been offered lots of midfielders.  No names or hints. So probably just guessing 

He’s like Woodward and Bernstein innee? Top journalism 

Captain Lithuania
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Not as bad as the game Laszlo played Mrowiec up front 

Was it not Bouzid? :rofl:

Brighton Jambo
31 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

No doubt making way for some random unknown. 

You mean like Peter Haring?

1 minute ago, dumpson said:

Leaves us very light in the hairband department. 

Also the players who look like pirates department.

20 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

Anyone know what the gate at the away end entrance is used for? There is a security guard there. If someone was pulling out from there after the gate was opened by security is it just the ongoing construction of the stand ie maybe a visiting project manager or would a visiting ‘possible signing’ park there before going in to the offices??

I might know the security guy that works there. If it is him (he 100% does security at Tynie, just not sure what or where) not sure he'd know who a football player was without being told so useless source of info though :lol:

Captain Canada

Questions do need to be asked about this. Another player CL signed and has then deemed not good enough within around 12 months.

How can we achieve any continuity if this keeps happening? I know Edwards wasn't a world beater but we definitely play our best when we press other teams and nobody else in the squad has his energy levels.

Clare, Bozanic and Irving won't close the opposition down for 90 minutes at places such as Pittodrie, Celtic Park and Ibrox.

Will be interesting to see if we get two new midfielders now. 

Edwards got a little big headed after the cup final did he not? Way he spoke implied he thought he was a key player now and it was his position to keep

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

The right call 

Edwards is a decent guy and wasnt given a decent chance at Hearts 

Wish him all the best 

:thumbs_up:

Team strategy-

Wanted one midfield player. Ideally unfit or with a long term injury. On signing the player will be loaned to a championship team for most of the season only to be ignored for remaining games and then recalled for a cup final. After scoring in the cup final the player will be immediately binned to a non entity English team.

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Also the players who look like pirates department.

I think we can officially declare this a transfer crisis !

5 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I might know the security guy that works there. If it is him (he 100% does security at Tynie, just not sure what or where) not sure he'd know who a football player was without being told so useless source of info though :lol:

Watched a fancy, private registration Mercedes pull out from there this afternoon. M8 EKS. Could be a player, could be East Kilbride Scaffolding?? No idea what that gate is used for???

5 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Why not have both? 

Don't get me wrong I'd love for us to strengthen the midfield and get Cummings as well. I'm just not sure whether we have the budget for both. And if not then I think midfield is a priority.

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Team strategy-

Wanted one midfield player. Ideally unfit or with a long term injury. On signing the player will be loaned to a championship team for most of the season only to be ignored for remaining games and then recalled for a cup final. After scoring in the cup final the player will be immediately binned to a non entity English team.

You really are a terrible chronic poster, closing in on dethroning I8 as the worst of a bad bunch on this forum

Either a hibby (which means you are a very sad individual who needs help) or you don't have much going for you (who also needs help) and respond in posting countless posts of complete bucky mouthwashed drivel

48 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Aye summer transfer window is a strange time to transfer players.   :confused:

Good one.

We were already very short in quality and numbers in CM, we've now lost Djoum, Lee not in our plans and Haring out with a bad injury.  Edwards was by no means a world beater but he proved that he was a good option to have in the squad in rotation.  The season is fast approaching and our midfield is an absolute disaster currently, i wouldn't have thought it would be a good time to lose another CM.

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Leisham38 said:

Watched a fancy, private registration Mercedes pull out from there this afternoon. M8 EKS. Could be a player, could be East Kilbride Scaffolding?? No idea what that gate is used for???

Michel Stewart🤔

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Team strategy-

Some on here labelled his cup final performance as “immense”. 

I am sure players are being lined lined up to replace Lee, Djoum and Haring (not forgetting Clare is now being played as a centre mid)

The one thing that, so far, is unclear is who initiated this move.

Did Burton make a bid that we found acceptable?

Did CL tell him he was "down the line" and free to move if he could find a club?

or

Did Edwards seek clarification of his situation and things flowed from there via his agent?

51 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I'm hopeful it's because we were holding on to him until we were nearly over the line with a new signing. Fingers crossed the inbounds follow imminently

Hopefully, leaving it late though if the plan is to pick up free transfers!

Went a bit quiet on the Morrison front, i hope the article about us not being interested was a load of rubbish as he'd be a fantastic addition.

5 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Questions do need to be asked about this. Another player CL signed and has then deemed not good enough within around 12 months.

There's a big difference between a bad player and someone who can't get a game because others are better.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Michel Stewart🤔

Nah, his car was always parked at Rutland Square and was his three initials. He also always has an SNP sticker on the back!!

Christ this is getting boring now, people want to give the youth a chance which in signing one more CM will give them enough game time. No point signing more and for the kids to be pushed back further. if they are as good as touted then fully expect them to be played as much as possible. 

5 minutes ago, Leisham38 said:

HMmmmm,  BEKS you say?   

Is he not busy in Florida? 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The one thing that, so far, is unclear is who initiated this move.

Did Burton make a bid that we found acceptable?

Did CL tell him he was "down the line" and free to move if he could find a club?

or

Did Edwards seek clarification of his situation and things flowed from there via his agent?

Maybe this extract from the EEN might help clarify for you.

Increased competition this season, however, meant Edwards - who has played no part in Hearts’ two Betfred Cup games this season - wasn’t going to get the game time he craved, so he will head to England in an effort to get his career back on track.

3 minutes ago, Ribble said:

There's a big difference between a bad player and someone who can't get a game because others are better.

What CM is currently better than Edwards?

Just now we've got Sean clare, cochrane, irving, bozanic and haring.  Haring is by far our best CM but is injured, not sure i'd say the rest are head and shoulders above Edwards tbh.  At the very worst he's capable of playing as a squad player.

1 minute ago, gov said:

Christ this is getting boring now, people want to give the youth a chance which in signing one more CM will give them enough game time. No point signing more and for the kids to be pushed back further. if they are as good as touted then fully expect them to be played as much as possible. 

Injuries and suspensions surely play a part in the number of players required just look at last season. Do you expect young guys to play every game?

Is it not better to play them alongside an experienced player to help them develop?

Dallas Green
Just now, Morph said:

Just now we've got Sean clare, cochrane, irving, bozanic and haring.  Haring is by far our best CM but is injured, not sure i'd say the rest are head and shoulders above Edwards tbh.  At the very worst he's capable of playing as a squad player.

Clare is a much better footballer than Edwards.

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Morph said:

Pretty clear that Levein would rather give game time to Cochrane and Irving now instead of players like Lee and Edwards.

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

Pretty clear that Levein would rather give game time to Cochrane and Irving now instead of players like Lee and Edwards.

Where is cochrane doesn't seem to be featuring much early doors?

Good luck for the future Ryan and thanks for the goal in the cup final will never forget the celebrations after you scored.😍

1 minute ago, Morph said:

I'd say that other than Bozanic they are a fair bit ahead of Edwards with regards to technical/passing ability. Regardless my point is that sometimes good players can't get a game because they have better players ahead of them, so not every player who doesn't get a game is a bad player.

2 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

I'd rather we didn't try shoehorn him into CM because he seems to want 10 minutes on the ball every time.  I don't think he's going to work out in that position, more chance of Soapy doing well in CM imo.

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

But never a centre mid. We are less than 2 weeks away from a big opening match away from home against one of our main rivals and our midfield options are laughable.  We may indeed sign a couple of players but will they have had a proper pre season and be ready to hit the ground running.

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

I'd say that other than Bozanic they are a fair bit ahead of Edwards with regards to technical/passing ability. Regardless my point is that sometimes good players can't get a game because they have better players ahead of them, so not every player who doesn't get a game is a bad player.

Ah sorry, picked up what you were saying wrong.

For me i find it bizarre we sign players like Edwards and then punt them out without even giving him a chance.  He was farmed out on loan right away, brought back, plays and contributes better than what we all thought, scores in the cup final and is then punted.   Just very bizarre.

49 minutes ago, Royal Jambo said:

Thought Edwards would have been decent cover for Haring until he returns. Irving looks like he can play a more defensive role though.

Still not convinced with Bozanic, Clare learning how to play there, Lee possibly away. Looking seriously weak in midfield so hopefully a couple of players coming in this week.

We've been seriously weak in midfield for three years. The middle of the field is one of the most important areas of play. Most clubs come to Tynecastle and know how to play us which is why a lot of the time we just pass from side to side and back again then impatience from the stands grows. No creation. Craig has been obsessed with defensive midfielders since he came back in 2014.

GorgieRules22
15 minutes ago, Barack said:

Exciting times at Hearts.

At this moment in time it’s more like exiting times at Hearts.

Dallas Green
4 minutes ago, Morph said:

I'd rather we didn't try shoehorn him into CM because he seems to want 10 minutes on the ball every time.  I don't think he's going to work out in that position, more chance of Soapy doing well in CM imo.

I'd rather Irving was given the chance at CM.

I think Clare works better in an attacking midfield role where he is running at goal and not having to receive the ball, back to goal.

5 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

But never a centre mid. We are less than 2 weeks away from a big opening match away from home against one of our main rivals and our midfield options are laughable.  We may indeed sign a couple of players but will they have had a proper pre season and be ready to hit the ground running.

I'd say he was an attacking CM. I don't think our midfield is laughable. I think we have incredibly talented youngsters who can and will play there this season. We are going to sign a new CM and I have a feeling they are going to be pretty damn good.

3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

We've been seriously weak in midfield for three years. The middle of the field is one of the most important areas of play. Most clubs come to Tynecastle and know how to play us which is why a lot of the time we just pass from side to side and back again then impatience from the stands grows. No creation. Craig has been obsessed with defensive midfielders since he came back in 2014.

The optimist in me thinks that why it's taking so long to get this midfielder in 

This time he/they are real good calibre and we're no rushing this like previous years 

Hopefully a couple of target's in the stands for Wednesdays game 

GorgieFifeLife
1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

I'd rather Irving was given the chance at CM.

I think Clare works better in an attacking midfield role where he is running at goal and not having to receive the ball, back to goal.

I'd say he was an attacking CM. I don't think our midfield is laughable. I think we have incredibly talented youngsters who can and will play there this season. We are going to sign a new CM and I have a feeling they are going to be pretty damn good.

I just don't think Irving, Cochrane are ready and Clare is too powder puff to play in there.  I think if we play these youngsters we will need to accept a lot of bad results and I dont think that will be accepted.

15 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Injuries and suspensions surely play a part in the number of players required just look at last season. Do you expect young guys to play every game?

Is it not better to play them alongside an experienced player to help them develop?

I get that but i would expect players like Naismith, Walker, Berra, Souttar, McLean would be there to help them through games. 

I expect clare if he does not get injured will be in the midfield every week and haring once he is back as well. if a youngster is not playing well i can imagine he will be replaced by another youngster to help build up games. 

Naisy last year was amazing for the younger ones guiding them through games, i reckon the same will happen this year 

24 minutes ago, Morph said:

Hopefully, leaving it late though if the plan is to pick up free transfers!

Went a bit quiet on the Morrison front, i hope the article about us not being interested was a load of rubbish as he'd be a fantastic addition.

Well we've lost out on Bryson now and Levein has said that Morrison is not his kind of player (whatever that means). The Charlie Adam stuff has disappeared also and I can't think of anyone else available that would be any better than them for our budget. Maybe got an injured freebie on his mind.

6 minutes ago, gov said:

I get that but i would expect players like Naismith, Walker, Berra, Souttar, McLean would be there to help them through games. 

I expect clare if he does not get injured will be in the midfield every week and haring once he is back as well. if a youngster is not playing well i can imagine he will be replaced by another youngster to help build up games. 

Naisy last year was amazing for the younger ones guiding them through games, i reckon the same will happen this year 

Yes fair comment. I agree regarding Naismith and think he would make a good captain if it were not for the fact Berra is that already and it would not really be fair to take it away from him.

23 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Needs to step up and get involved in games.

Sort of player I could imagine going on to do something in the prem after being pretty ineffectual for us.

Think Vaz Te at the hobos.