Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No, you’re very wrong. You’ve accused me of something which is clearly utter nonsense and it’s quite obvious in your defence of all things that Sevco related on this forum that you are much more likely to hold bigoted views than I am. 

I’m a Protestant. So how can I be a bigot against Protestants?

The term Hun is not bigoted, it’s a term used to describe Rangers. Not Protestants. Are Rangers a religion? Maybe in your household.

How can you be bigoted against the Orange Lodge, which is a bigoted organisation.

You utter plum.

Did you wear your half and half Hearts/Rangers scarf back in those days?

😂😂😂 

Calling someone a Hun or a Tim reinforces religious stereotypes I’m afraid. It’s a bit like Celtic fans were done for calling Gerard and Levein Orange *******s. Plenty other names to call the horrible ***** 👍🏽.

https://nilbymouth.org/history/

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Pasquale for King

Lafferty or Cummings are exactly what we need but it’s the baggage that comes with them,  I can’t really blame the manager for not wanting that stress in his life.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

He’s feckin delusional if he thinks that’s the case. Numerous crosses/passes  into the box begging for a striker to actually have a shot. No striker there

The only time a striker went to the front post was the Stenhousemuir goal, ours were  hiding at the back post waiting on the perfect cross. If we are going to play down the wings we need much more hard and low crosses along the deck (pep calls them half goals) and strikers to head to the front post and the middle of the goals where any touch on it is usually a goal.

2 hours ago, 8skacel8 said:

Levein said on the radio that goals will come from the existing strikers. We have played Dundee Utd, Cowdenbeath and Stenny with none of them on the score sheet. 

Do actually listen to that Clown Anymore ?

Cruyff Turn
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Calling someone a Hun or a Tim reinforces religious stereotypes I’m afraid. It’s a bit like Celtic fans were done for calling Gerard and Levein Orange *******s. Plenty other names to call the horrible ***** 👍🏽.

I disagree and I don’t really care what NilbyMouth says, no offence, but they are basing that on Sectarian issues in the West Coast and if there is a derogatory term for Celtic there of course has to be one for Rangers or they’ll start feeling left out and playing the “we’re oppressed card”, a bit like every time a Scotland squads announced. Also, I know what is offensive and what is not. 

Sounds a bit snowflaky being offended by the term Hun, Diet-Hun, Der-Hun etc... It’s pretty regularly banded about on here and has always been. It’s never been used as a derogatory term to describe Protestants as the majority of the folk using it on here, like myself will be from that background yet don’t believe in all that nonsense associated. It has always been used to describe Rangers. 

A bit bit like the term Jock, to describe a Scottish person, or sheep shagger/mutton molester to describe an Aberdeen supporter.

Where will it end? 

Rangers fans taking faux offence to Hun is one uppery on Celtic fans, is what that is. You’d have to hold sectarian views to actually be offended by it in the first place imo or a complete an utter snowflake. It is pure faux outrage. Just like the term Tim, Tim’s our VicTims, which is a term regularly used to describe Celtic on here and not Catholic’s. They can enjoy their Sectarian gangbang and one uppery but I’m not going to have my vocabulary censored by the faux outrage by Old Firm fans or those with sympathetic beliefs. 👍🏼

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nah that's just something the hun came up with because they hate getting called the hun.

I have faith in our current strikers, I have little faith in getting good service to them when we play team's in our league.

Cruyff Turn
On 19/08/2018 at 01:45, Forever Hearts said:

And so would I. The Sevco stuff is still cringeworthy though. 

On 19/08/2018 at 01:06, Forever Hearts said:

Why even refer to them as Sevco? It's cringeworthy. 

On 30/08/2018 at 17:43, Forever Hearts said:

Fair play to Rangers. Reaching the knockout stages is no mean feat. 

On 07/09/2018 at 21:15, Forever Hearts said:

Ah, the old "you canny be a Hearts fan unless you obsess over Sevco 24/7".

Change the record. 

On 08/09/2018 at 17:58, Forever Hearts said:

Yip. My wee Tim mate came in the Hearts end with me. 

On 02/11/2018 at 20:27, Forever Hearts said:

Can we also ban snowflakes like you?

Offended by a flag ffs. Get a grip. 

On 05/01/2019 at 09:34, Forever Hearts said:

Always the vicTIMS, unless they are skooshing the league. Their first genuine challenge in years and they don't bloody like it. Scum. 

On 13/03/2019 at 07:36, Forever Hearts said:

The Rangers obsession on here is off the scale. Seriously, get a life. 

On 26/03/2019 at 21:31, Forever Hearts said:

Thread gives the uber Sevco haters a chance to out do each other. 

On 19/04/2019 at 22:44, Forever Hearts said:

Yes. Let's stop a few kids singing songs from Hearts having a pre-season tour in Northern Ireland. Jesus wept. 

On 20/04/2019 at 15:46, Forever Hearts said:

Songs and bits of cloth don't bother me because I'm a grown man. I'll leave that to the pantwetters like you who say nothing to these people at the game but come straight on to JKB to whine about them. Sorry (again) that they don't bother me. 

On 12/05/2019 at 15:21, Forever Hearts said:

Sometimes people slip up and forget the hilarious Sevco name and revert to Rangers. 

On 22/05/2019 at 07:29, Forever Hearts said:

A Tim is a Celtic fan, the term has absolutely nothing to do with religion. And you must know very different Celtic fans from me if you've met some who are offended by it. I've never met a single one who is and I know I never will, because they're not. 

On 26/05/2019 at 09:59, Forever Hearts said:

I just love a patronising Tim. ? They wouldn't have sent you a congratulations text if Hearts had won. 

On 22/05/2019 at 17:06, Forever Hearts said:

Can you please stop using the Hun word then when referring to Rangers? It's very Celticy. 

:greggy:

24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

:greggy:

He's not wrong though. Hearts fans are obsessed with Rangers. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Marooon! said:

He's not wrong though. Hearts fans are obsessed with Sevco.

FTFY

Forever Hearts
7 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No, you’re very wrong. You’ve accused me of something which is clearly utter nonsense and it’s quite obvious in your defence of all things that Sevco related on this forum that you are much more likely to hold bigoted views than I am. 

I’m a Protestant. So how can I be a bigot against Protestants?

The term Hun is not bigoted, it’s a term used to describe Rangers. Not Protestants. Are Rangers a religion? Maybe in your household.

How can you be bigoted against the Orange Lodge, which is a bigoted organisation.

You utter plum.

Did you wear your half and half Hearts/Rangers scarf back in those days?

😂😂😂 

Still talking nonsense I see. I'm guessing you're 20 or 30 something and have no idea about these type of things. You should maybe google the three Celtic supporters who abused John Beaton and see the type of language they used and why it was ruled illegal in a court of LAW. Who knows, you might even learn something. 

3 hours ago, Marooon! said:

He's not wrong though. Hearts fans are obsessed with Rangers. 

Nah, people who let their club die like you are obsessed with Sevco.

Quite something when you go "undercover" on another team's message board and pass judgement on fans. Priceless. 

10 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

There's only one person has used bigoted slurs on this thread and that's you. As for KL being a Rangers fan and you not wanting him, did you feel the same about Alex McDonald? Sandy Clark? And umpteen other Rangers fans who have played for and given their all for Hearts. Nah, didn't think so. 

Sadly Sandy Clark is symptomatic of what is wrong with Scottish football and why it is in the mess that it is. He grew up at a time where people in Scotland had a wee team and a big team, and the big team was one of the two OF teams. Over half a century of this mindset has seen many drop their wee team altogether and just support either Rangers or Celtic. Probably less about the individual than the backwards culture that Scotland has been mired in for generations though. Sandy was an Airdrie and Rangers fan, by his own admission. Something that I find ridiculous, but almost understandable. Hearts supporters being Rangers and Hearts fans I will never understand.

I sometimes wonder how Clark felt when Rangers willingly put Airdrionians in to administration and killed them off.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Sadly Sandy Clark is symptomatic of what is wrong with Scottish football and why it is in the mess that it is. He grew up at a time where people in Scotland had a wee team and a big team, and the big team was one of the two OF teams. Over half a century of this mindset has seen many drop their wee team altogether and just support either Rangers or Celtic. Probably less about the individual than the backwards culture that Scotland has been mired in for generations though. Sandy was an Airdrie and Rangers fan, by his own admission. Something that I find ridiculous, but almost understandable. Hearts supporters being Rangers and Hearts fans I will never understand.

I sometimes wonder how Clark felt when Rangers willingly put Airdrionians in to administration and killed them off.

I remember back in the 80’s there was this old guy would be in the shed supporting Hearts wearing a Rangers tie.

Weird.

Forever Hearts
21 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I've genuinely never met a Hearts fan with any leanings whatsoever towards Rangers. I think people get confused if a Hearts fan says he dislikes Celtic more than Rangers but that doesn't make you a Rangers fan. I dislike Hibs more than Aberdeen but it doesn't make me an Aberdeen supporter. 

3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I remember back in the 80’s there was this old guy would be in the shed supporting Hearts wearing a Rangers tie.

Weird.

Still happens. Met a group of teenage to early twenties Hearts supporters at Haymarket Station on the way to last season's cup final. One of their group was a Rangers supporter, along for the ride with pals. I find it weird too. Would I **** go along to a Rangers v Hibs game to cheer on Rangers.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've genuinely never met a Hearts fan with any leanings whatsoever towards Rangers. I think people get confused if a Hearts fan says he dislikes Celtic more than Rangers but that doesn't make you a Rangers fan. I dislike Hibs more than Aberdeen but it doesn't make me an Aberdeen supporter. 

Nope. They do exist I'm afraid, no confusion here.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Still happens. Met a group of teenage to early twenties Hearts supporters at Haymarket Station on the way to last season's cup final. One of their group was a Rangers supporter, along for the ride with pals. I find it weird too. Would I **** go along to a Rangers v Hibs game to cheer on Rangers.

Sad people.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

What’s your thoughts on one poster with multi quotes about you regarding Sevco?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sad people.

Allan McLaren stated on Talk 107's old East Coast football show that he had a similar outlook. Don't think you get many Dave MacKay's these days unfortunately, no way he would ever come out with shite like that.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

What’s your thoughts on one poster with multi quotes about you regarding Sevco?

He's obviously young and with that comes immaturity. He'll learn like we all did. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Allan McLaren stated on Talk 107's old East Coast football show that he had a similar outlook. Don't think you get many Dave MacKay's these days unfortunately, no way he would ever come out with shite like that.

Remember when Dave Mackay was managing in the Middle East and after a game he was interviewed and was asked if he looks for Spurs results first.

Politely he said no. 

Hearts is the first result I look for😀

Pure class of a man.

2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Still talking nonsense I see. I'm guessing you're 20 or 30 something and have no idea about these type of things. You should maybe google the three Celtic supporters who abused John Beaton and see the type of language they used and why it was ruled illegal in a court of LAW. Who knows, you might even learn something. 

If you are so fond of Sevco why don't you just go and get yourself a ST for Ibrox.

No time for Hearts fans who sympathise with der Hun.

No wonder people call them diet Huns.

PHM should despise The Rangers and Celtic .

Forever Hearts
10 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not saying they don't. Just that in 43 years of supporting Hearts I've never met a single Hearts fan who has said he likes Rangers. 

Forever Hearts
Just now, luckydug said:

If you are so fond of Sevco why don't you just go and get yourself a ST for Ibrox.

No time for Hearts fans who sympathise with der Hun.

No wonder people call them diet Huns.

PHM should despise The Rangers and Celtic .

See that is just boring, predictable, unoriginal, lazy nonsense. 

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Nah that's just something the hun came up with because they hate getting called the hun.

Nil by mouth having nothing to do with Rangers.

I loved calling them that as it really gets up there nose but alas all good things come to an end.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

See that is just boring, predictable, unoriginal, lazy nonsense. 

Sadly it's true there are many so called Hearts fans who have Hun sympathies. 

You are being very economical with the truth saying you have never met a Hearts fan who likes The Rangers.

I'm afraid that statement gives you away.

What about all these Hun sympathising posts from yourself that have been quoted ?

I think you would be more at home on Rangers Media.

jamboiain13
9 hours ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

I want Lafferty back! But its not happening. I just hope our current misfortune if you can call it that?. In front of goal is just down to how early in the season it is. Hopefully the players will start to gel. And hopefully Lafferty doesn't go to another Scottish side (especially hibs or Aberdeen) and bang in the goals.

When has Lafferty ever 'Banged in the goals' for any of the sides he has played for?  Over-rated ego maniac who only turns up when he feels like it.

6 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

When has Lafferty ever 'Banged in the goals' for any of the sides he has played for?  Over-rated ego maniac who only turns up when he feels like it.

I get that but can you argue with 19 goals in a season when at the minute Levein is telling us goals will come from our improved strike force that so far have scored 0 from outfield play.  Ive seen enough of us already this season in a couple of games to think were going to be struggling again this season very similar to last year.  cant break teams down and resulting to punts to uche when he comes on. Joyful. 

8 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

21 goals last year for us ?

Question: who was the last striker in a season to score that many for us - Who and when and how many ?

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Question: who was the last striker in a season to score that many for us - Who and when and how many ?

12 league goals 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

12 league goals 

Sorry mate - my mistake 

was it 21 goals, total, in his time with us ?

19 in season 17/18 👍

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

12 league goals 

I predict 2 players will score more than that for us this season.

(Actually 3, I'd forgotten Halkett...)

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

I predict 2 players will score more than that for us this season.

(Actually 3, I'd forgotten Halkett...)

Halkett could be 20 goals 

Set pieces and occasional spells up front 

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Halkett could be 20 goals 

Set pieces and occasional spells up front 

Goal a game so far. I'm expecting nothing less than 38 league goals.

Tynecastlesmychurch
46 minutes ago, jamboiain13 said:

Kinda feel like you might be missing my point?. He was excellent for us. Consistently got it right up celtic too. 

Forever Hearts
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Sadly it's true there are many so called Hearts fans who have Hun sympathies. 

You are being very economical with the truth saying you have never met a Hearts fan who likes The Rangers.

I'm afraid that statement gives you away.

What about all these Hun sympathising posts from yourself that have been quoted ?

I think you would be more at home on Rangers Media.

Again that is, lazy, stereotypical garbage. Do you not have an original thought in your head? Because I find the Sevco stuff tiresome, boring and unfunny that makes me a Rangers fan? Get a grip. 

Edited by Forever Hearts

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Kinda feel like you might be missing my point?. He was excellent for us. Consistently got it right up celtic too.

The JKB CSC won't like that. 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Nil by mouth having nothing to do with Rangers.

I loved calling them that as it really gets up there nose but alas all good things come to an end.

No one can tell me I mean protestants when I call them the hun, I don't and never have - only the rangers are the hun.

They're hun, their supporters of all creeds and beliefs are hun and I'll keep calling them hun. And it's got nothing to do with their religion.

Tynecastlesmychurch
5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The JKB CSC won't like that. 

Haha no I suppose not!

4 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

He really wasn't excellent for us, him and Isma were routinely disappointing and unable to form a partnership. In fact he has been unable to form a partnership with anyone he has played up front for. 

The fact that he always tried harder against Celtic only emphasised the fact that he wasn't putting it in against other teams which just increased the frustration. 

9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

The only time a striker went to the front post was the Stenhousemuir goal, ours were  hiding at the back post waiting on the perfect cross. If we are going to play down the wings we need much more hard and low crosses along the deck (pep calls them half goals) and strikers to head to the front post and the middle of the goals where any touch on it is usually a goal.

This absolutely does my head in. This and not shooting when the opportunity is there, Don't do a step over or a lay off. Kick the ******* thing!

jamboiain13
23 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

have to agree to disagree on Lafferty as I didn't see an excellent striker...missed too many sitters, never/hardly ever won anything in the air and scuttled back to Der Hun as soon as he could.  We might be struggling with what we have but I don't think Laffs is the answer.  Just my opinion 

jamboiain13
1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

check your stats mate!

and he played for a different team last year no?

2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yep. They do. This was taken in the Hearts end during the Cowdenbeath game.  Identity protected as it’s silly, not illegal. 

9D7B705C-CFC4-40B0-812B-4A01EBA6E4C2.jpeg

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

This absolutely does my head in. This and not shooting when the opportunity is there, Don't do a step over or a lay off. Kick the ******* thing!

The level of coaching in the striker department is awful. 30 shots but only 9 on target (1 every ten minutes) against a 2nd division team, and most of the 21 off target were wild strikes high and wide. Naismith has some job on his hands when he returns.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, farin said:

In WW1 we often used the word Hun to describe the Germans. 

B0F490CA-BE83-4115-B038-62661F26156F.thumb.jpeg.55b473cc0153dc72ba26e564d3244b7d.jpeg

That’s why Rangers fans are called that, they said “they would rather be a Hun than fight alongside Irish Catholic’s against the Germans”. It was started again by a journalist after they ran riot when they won the Cup Winners cup in 1972.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2008/may/13/thebehaviourofthescottish