Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No one can tell me I mean protestants when I call them the hun, I don't and never have - only the rangers are the hun.

They're hun, their supporters of all creeds and beliefs are hun and I'll keep calling them hun. And it's got nothing to do with their religion.

Just because you don’t doesn’t mean others don’t, there are many terms that people find offensive when the person saying it means no offence, doesn’t make it right. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

A move abroad could be good for him. He did okay at Sion and Palermo. 

But he’s not got MacPhee to give him a cuddle and keep him out the bookies and off snapchat.

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

He really wasn't excellent for us, him and Isma were routinely disappointing and unable to form a partnership. In fact he has been unable to form a partnership with anyone he has played up front for. 

The fact that he always tried harder against Celtic only emphasised the fact that he wasn't putting it in against other teams which just increased the frustration. 

He scored 19 goals in a team that struggled score at all. He was a huge part of the reason we were the ones that ended celtics unbeaten run in epic style. 

So while I respect your opinion and do remember yes he was far from the perfect striker for a number of reasons. For me he did enough to be remembered fondly. 

Tynecastlesmychurch
1 hour ago, jamboiain13 said:

have to agree to disagree on Lafferty as I didn't see an excellent striker...missed too many sitters, never/hardly ever won anything in the air and scuttled back to Der Hun as soon as he could.  We might be struggling with what we have but I don't think Laffs is the answer.  Just my opinion 

Thats fair enough and I certainly except their was a lot left to be desired in his over all game. Suppose it doesn't really matter anyway as Craig confirmed that the club aren't interested!

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, farin said:

Actually that’s wrong, in 1961 rangers travelled to play wolves in the European cup winners cup. true to form, their supporters ran riot through the town, an article appeared in the English press shortly afterwards they were described as 'coming across the border like marauding huns'. 

There seems to be quite a few explanations, not much evidence though.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/what-does-the-word-hun-mean-and-what-is-its-place-in-todays-society-91001

Edited by Pasquale for King

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just because you don’t doesn’t mean others don’t, there are many terms that people find offensive when the person saying it means no offence, doesn’t make it right. 

Oh I know the hun find it offensive, they don't like being called names. That doesnt mean there's any religious connotations. 

3 minutes ago, farin said:

Actually that’s wrong, in 1961 rangers travelled to play wolves in the European cup winners cup. true to form, their supporters ran riot through the town, an article appeared in the English press shortly afterwards they were described as 'coming across the border like marauding huns'. 

Or this one:

Rangers are reffered to as "huns" because the royal family's bloodline dates back to when the Huns Empire stretched across Europe many years ago into Germany.  

The Royal family's (our current royal family) name is believed to date back to Germany, through another Royal family in more recent years. The Hun empire is believed to be related to this bloodline too. 

So what does the royal family have to do with Rangers? 

Well Rangers are, as you know, a club proud of its British roots, hence the reason there are so many Union flags flown at Ibrox, and indeed there is a picture of Her Majesty in the home teams' dressing room, which as a pre-match ritual, all the players touch before each game. 

Because Rangers are essentially a British club through and through, the term "huns" was used by Celtic fans (who have deep Irish roots) to offend Rangers fans by offending their Queen and essentially, their country. which leads back to the whole Irish vs British thing. 

It is used as a derogatry term, as "huns" (if you read the link below) are seen as barbarians and this suits Celtic fans nicely. It's certainly something you would not call a Rangers fan and not expect them to be highly offended - this is not another possible explanation, but a poorly constructed excuse to cover up bigotry. 

It is as offensive as calling a Celtic fan a "fenian".

10 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

Thats fair enough and I certainly except their was a lot left to be desired in his over all game. Suppose it doesn't really matter anyway as Craig confirmed that the club aren't interested!

16 minutes ago, Tynecastlesmychurch said:

He scored 19 goals in a team that struggled score at all. He was a huge part of the reason we were the ones that ended celtics unbeaten run in epic style. 

So while I respect your opinion and do remember yes he was far from the perfect striker for a number of reasons. For me he did enough to be remembered fondly. 

Him and Isma were both disappointing. Hard to forget the surreal farce of Cathro and MacPhee sitting at presentations telling fans what a magnificent player Isma is. Let's face facts, we've not had a competent striker for several years. 

I have no idea how I did the double quotation sir! 

Edited by Jodami

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

When I was a kid in the 70s Celtic fans were the Huns. 

That was sectarian too because the Irish stayed neutral in WWII. 

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s interesting.  👍

17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

When I was a kid in the 70s Celtic fans were the Huns. 

I’ve got to say, I have never heard that in my puff!

The Real Maroonblood
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Or this one:

Rangers are reffered to as "huns" because the royal family's bloodline dates back to when the Huns Empire stretched across Europe many years ago into Germany.  

The Royal family's (our current royal family) name is believed to date back to Germany, through another Royal family in more recent years. The Hun empire is believed to be related to this bloodline too. 

So what does the royal family have to do with Rangers? 

Well Rangers are, as you know, a club proud of its British roots, hence the reason there are so many Union flags flown at Ibrox, and indeed there is a picture of Her Majesty in the home teams' dressing room, which as a pre-match ritual, all the players touch before each game. 

Because Rangers are essentially a British club through and through, the term "huns" was used by Celtic fans (who have deep Irish roots) to offend Rangers fans by offending their Queen and essentially, their country. which leads back to the whole Irish vs British thing. 

It is used as a derogatry term, as "huns" (if you read the link below) are seen as barbarians and this suits Celtic fans nicely. It's certainly something you would not call a Rangers fan and not expect them to be highly offended - this is not another possible explanation, but a poorly constructed excuse to cover up bigotry. 

It is as offensive as calling a Celtic fan a "fenian".

Is that the picture with Lizzie in a Sevco top?

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Is that the picture with Lizzie in a Sevco top?

I don’t know.

I took this directly from the internet (hence the spelling mistakes, just in case anyone thinks they are my errors!), so don’t really know the ins and outs of the article. 👍

It wouldn’t surprise me though!

The Shed Floodlight

Bring back big Kyle,  he would score goals for fun with us, and what we are crying out for up front,

Forever Hearts
Just now, Morgan said:

Oh, I wasn’t doubting you for a second, I’ve just never known that.

Thanks for posting that link btw. :thumbsup:

👍

Cruyff Turn
6 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Still talking nonsense I see. I'm guessing you're 20 or 30 something and have no idea about these type of things. You should maybe google the three Celtic supporters who abused John Beaton and see the type of language they used and why it was ruled illegal in a court of LAW. Who knows, you might even learn something. 

You are a hypocrite and a liar. Calling me a bigot when it’s quite clear for everyone to see where your loyalties are. Quite happy to use the term Tims yet offended by Hun. You go about this Forum defending Sevco, the club formally known as Rangers EST 1872. What weirdo behaviour for a supposed Hearts supporter.

You quite clearly have mixed loyalties and a soft spot for them.

No chance you are an Edinburgh Hearts man, no chance. 

Calling on me to grow up when you’re the one clearly quite happy/fond of Hearts supporters singing ‘traditional’ songs and waving flags. 

Couldn’t make it up. 

7 minutes ago, farin said:

Lafferty is gone & won’t be coming back. We’ll be relying on Naismith, Walker & others to get the goals. Whether that works out only time will tell, but lafferty’s history.  

Exactly- people need to move on 

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You are a hypocrite and a liar. Calling me a bigot when it’s quite clear for everyone to see where your loyalties are. Quite happy to use the term Tims yet offended by Hun. You go about this Forum defending Sevco, the club formally known as Rangers EST 1872. What weirdo behaviour for a supposed Hearts supporter.

You quite clearly have mixed loyalties and a soft spot for them.

No chance you are an Edinburgh Hearts man, no chance. 

Calling on me to grow up when you’re the one clearly quite happy/fond of Hearts supporters singing ‘traditional’ songs and waving flags. 

Couldn’t make it up. 

Tim is not offensive and no Celtic fan I know finds it offensive, hence the reason they refer to themselves as Tims. If they were insulted by it I wouldn't use the term.

Next. 

2 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

check your stats mate!

and he played for a different team last year no?

Aye, it was 19 in the season, 21 goals all up in his time with us

putting that to one side it’s you that needs to check your stats if you think that he doesn’t score goals. His record was excellent with us and he was the main attacking threat we had, big game player.

ill be honest. He might split opinion now and Levein has said he won’t take him back, which sorts of puts it to bed anyway, but I personally would have took him back in a heartbeat 

this may sound a bit deluded but Gerard recently said “you would need to ask Kyle why it didn’t work out for him this time round”

He had a great relationship with the hearts support and a special connection with the club, Budge and Levein. Why ? Because he was treated better than he ever was at any other club 

just maybe when he came to the decision he inveriably made to leave us it might have meant his head wasn’t really in it with Sevco to the point where it might have impacted his performances as he wasn’t treated the same 

same player with us is excellent and then just becomes a dud overnight with his piss poor performances when he moves to the orcs 

of course, others will say that he is a football mercenary, which may or may not be the case. That said, it still doesn’t explain why he went from hitting the heights with us to becoming a dud overnight for them 

lafferty is a confidence player, his mind has to be on it for him to perform hence my theory on why it hasn’t happened for him when he left us 

Glamorgan Jambo

Craig's actual reply quoted in a couple of sources was 'so no, not for now' after saying it was up to the current strikers to deliver.

Not sure that's as 100% open and shut as some people seem to think.

15 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Craig's actual reply quoted in a couple of sources was 'so no, not for now' after saying it was up to the current strikers to deliver.

Not sure that's as 100% open and shut as some people seem to think.

Noticed that as well - good shout 👍

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Made his bed so let him lay in it ! Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at the hobos

Me neither.  I think that there would be a ton of pissed-off Jambos if that happened. I'd be one of them.

Just read Levein's statement. Basically happy with the forwards he's got. Not interested in Lafferty for now. I already said that he could end up at Hibs or Aberdeen. Motherwell might be an outside chance as well. Wherever he ends up he'll score against us anyway.

Edited by jambonian

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Just read Levein's statement. Basically happy with the forwards he's got. Not interested in Lafferty for now. I already said that he could end up at Hibs or Aberdeen. Motherwell might be an outside chance as well. Wherever he ends up he'll score against us anyway.

You can bet on that😠

3 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Made his bed so let him lay in it ! Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at the hobos

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Me neither.  I think that there would be a ton of pissed-off Jambos if that happened. I'd be one of them.

Can you really see him being happy/willing to pull on a green top?

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Indeed, so nothing to do with their protestantism.

You didn’t read it did you.

33DF12AC-EC24-4CDF-812C-4C66862F0AF0.png

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Like he does for his national team 🙈?

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Think he meant more in the tradition of the club

No question, I would be unhappy if he went to the sheep but I’d be really pissed, and I mean really pissed, if he even contemplated pulling on a vermin strip 

would go as far as to say that every positive thing I have said about him would be gone overnight 😡

that said, I just don’t see it. Reckon he will move abroad but we will see 

if your reading this Laff, just remember, there’s one choice that you don’t take, otherwise, every bit of love some of us have for you will dissipate in a jiffy 

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, Morgan said:

What colour is his country's top?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Think he meant more in the tradition of the club

No question, I would be unhappy if he went to the sheep but I’d be really pissed, and I mean really pissed, if he even contemplated pulling on a vermin strip 

would go as far as to say that every positive thing I have said about him would be gone overnight 😡

if your reading this Laff, just remember, there’s one choice that you don’t take, otherwise, every bit of love some of us have for you will dissipate in a jiffy 

It’s a green strip, he wears it with pride. Do you think he wouldn’t  sign for Sporting Lisbon for example?

He will head abroad I think.

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a green strip, he wears it with pride. Do you think he wouldn’t  sign for Sporting Lisbon for example?

He will head abroad I think.

Hopefully, 

Yes, I think he would sign for Sporting Lisbon, Celta Vigo, Wolfsburg etc (green strip) 

I don’t think the green would bother him as much as the tradition of the club would. That said, he spoke to these cretins the last time round .......

heres hoping you are right and he fecks off abroad.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Touche. 

You probably knew what I meant though. :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Think he meant more in the tradition of the club.

I did.

53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What colour is his country's top?

Green, is it not?

Edited by Morgan

The sooner he signs for someone else the sooner we can all move on

He's not signing for us and thank goodness for that and the manner of Craig's response tells you all you need to know

He's had his pay off and lets hope he has managed to keep some of it to look after his family in the future

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

The sooner he signs for someone else the sooner we can all move on

He's not signing for us and thank goodness for that and the manner of Craig's response tells you all you need to know

He's had his pay off and lets hope he has managed to keep some of it to look after his family in the future

Never mind him being paid , have we been paid for him now 🤔

Selkirkhmfc1874
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Touche. 

I did.

Green, is it not?

So your point is invalid then

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So your point is invalid then

Good mood today.?

:lol: 

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s why Rangers fans are called that, they said “they would rather be a Hun than fight alongside Irish Catholic’s against the Germans”. It was started again by a journalist after they ran riot when they won the Cup Winners cup in 1972.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2008/may/13/thebehaviourofthescottish

The Windsors more like.

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

That’s interesting.  👍

I’ve got to say, I have never heard that in my puff!

It a load of pish. It's the Royal family as you say. End of.

5 hours ago, Morgan said:

Oh, I wasn’t doubting you for a second, I’ve just never known that.

Thanks for posting that link btw. :thumbsup:

Pish!

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Windsors more like.

It a load of pish. It's the Royal family as you say. End of.

So why did Rangers fans call Celtic fans Huns then? 

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Touche. 

I did.

Green, is it not?

You said a green strip, if you said didn’t want to play for them I would obviously agree.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sadj said:

Never mind him being paid , have we been paid for him now 🤔

Surely we got the money up front 🤔?

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You said a green strip, if you said didn’t want to play for them I would obviously agree.

:thumbsup:

Glad that one’s sorted then!

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Surely we got the money up front 🤔?

3rd bid accepted, 200k was muted but rejected by us

The fee was undisclosed when he did sign 

No detail in respect of an incremental transfer fee

would have hoped it was a one off payment and we held out for this