Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

7 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe they would but apart from money it has really not worked out well for him.

His problems have come back to haunt him once more.

If he had stayed with us with the help and support he was getting life might be more stable for him.

Money is not everything when looking at the big picture.

His options were to either stay and retire with us or take one last big move to a team he loves that can also pay him more money. 

I was gutted when he left but when you take the maroon specs off it was a no brainer move for a rangers fan.  It was the perfect execution of one of the philosophies levein wants of bringing in players who have maybe fallen away a bit, giving them a chance and then moving him on for profit. 

Its always a kick in the teeth to lose a player to either of them but it’s hard to blame the guy for it when I think most of if not all of us would do the same for hearts. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

13 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That's my take.  If the club think he's trouble they won't touch him but if not, I think they'll be interested.

There cant be anyone on here who doesn't think we need to score more goals.

He scores them.

For one season in his whole career he did.

6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

For one season in his whole career he did.

Absolutely correct but some players just fit a particular club.

I remember a guy that played two stints for us and did nothing at any other club in between. He did OK in his second stint make no mistake. He played number 19 in his second coming

5 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Absolutely correct but some players just fit a particular club.

I remember a guy that played two stints for us and did nothing at any other club in between. He did OK in his second stint make no mistake. He played number 19 in his second coming

Problem is Lafferty doesn’t fit our club and he only scored 12 ****ing league goals anyway, the same as Juanma.

Why don’t we look at Juanma again?

Seriously why not?

Juanma was hounded out the club much like Neilson.

The main difference is - as I can see it - Lafferty is a Tim hating proddie and Juanma was a Spanish catholic 

Edited by Jammy T

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Problem is Lafferty doesn’t fit our club and he only scored 12 ****ing league goals anyway, the same as Juanma.

Seriously why not?

Sorry I was agreeing with you.

You are again correct KL is shit he only scored 12 League goals which makes him shitier than a shit thing 

Edited by 7628mm

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Seriously why not?

The main difference is - as I can see it - Lafferty is a Tim hating proddie and Juanma was a Spanish catholic 

He doesn't fit our club but scored 19 goals? And your last paragraph is utter garbage. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He doesn't fit our club but scored 19 goals? And your last paragraph is utter garbage. 

So why did people want Juanma out the club when he has an identical goal success rate for one season IN THE LEAGUE as Lafferty?

My last sentence isn’t garbage - it’s a statement and evident from Lafferty’s actions.

Whether or not that is influencing any fan’s position on Lafferty is the debate.

Edited by Jammy T

11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Seriously why not?

Now that is not fair going and editing your post with extra bits of religious stuff. Naughty naughty

1 minute ago, 7628mm said:

Now that is not fair going and editing your post with extra bits of religious stuff. Naughty naughty

Why Lafferty over Juanma?

portobellojambo1
8 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Maybe they would but apart from money it has really not worked out well for him.

His problems have come back to haunt him once more.

If he had stayed with us with the help and support he was getting life might be more stable for him.

Money is not everything when looking at the big picture.

From someone I spoke with I heard one or two things which as you say suggest his life is in a bit of mess just now, and not just down to gambling. We gave him a chance and tried to help him out the first time round, I'm just not sure the club will be willing to do the same for him again this time round. If he was available without any baggage I don't think there would be any problems in him coming back, having learned from his mistake, i.e. that money isn't everything and can tend to create more problems than it solves. But I don't think he will be back at Tynecastle and will move elsewhere if looking to continue playing.

portobellojambo1
16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Seriously why not?

The number of Roman Catholic partners he has had might possibly suggest something different, and I emphasise possibly.

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Why Lafferty over Juanma?

I have no wish to debate with you on anything. I merely pointed something out that you disagreed with and you have now taken a different tack and then included yet another angle which was poor form.

Good evening to you.

Edited by 7628mm

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

So why did people want Juanma out the club when he has an identical goal success rate for one season IN THE LEAGUE as Lafferty?

My last sentence isn’t garbage - it’s a statement and evident from Lafferty’s actions.

Whether or not that is influencing any fan’s position on Lafferty is the debate.

It is garbage. What actions make him a Catholic hater?

Absolute Scenes

Very unlikely Kyle will be coming back more likely Jamie Walker...genuine info, not claiming to be ITK but this is from a source close to the club

William H. Bonney
16 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's at least 4 folk who've pretty much confirmed this is all but done now.

Summer sure is going to be interesting.

Still guaranteed to be pish. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 hours ago, Morph said:

His options were to either stay and retire with us or take one last big move to a team he loves that can also pay him more money. 

I was gutted when he left but when you take the maroon specs off it was a no brainer move for a rangers fan.  It was the perfect execution of one of the philosophies levein wants of bringing in players who have maybe fallen away a bit, giving them a chance and then moving him on for profit. 

Its always a kick in the teeth to lose a player to either of them but it’s hard to blame the guy for it when I think most of if not all of us would do the same for hearts. 

Get what you are saying mate. Just think he may wonder if he done the right if he is back to old habits. He was a lot support from Hearts about his problems. Doubt he got that at Ibrox. 

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

From someone I spoke with I heard one or two things which as you say suggest his life is in a bit of mess just now, and not just down to gambling. We gave him a chance and tried to help him out the first time round, I'm just not sure the club will be willing to do the same for him again this time round. If he was available without any baggage I don't think there would be any problems in him coming back, having learned from his mistake, i.e. that money isn't everything and can tend to create more problems than it solves. But I don't think he will be back at Tynecastle and will move elsewhere if looking to continue playing.

Yip 100 per cent. 

William H. Bonney
Just now, Barack said:

Walker, or the summer transfers? :lol:

The transfer. 

But yes, pish could easily apply to both. 

Absolute Scenes
41 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's at least 4 folk who've pretty much confirmed this is all but done now.

Summer sure is going to be interesting.

Couldn’t be bothered reading the whole thread ?

just want to get my ITK badge ☹️

Be interesting to see what, if anything, transpires over the summer. Playing abroad was mentioned a few times whilst he was with us, so I expect that will probably resurface, unless he wants to stay with his young family. 

If he wanted to come back, got his heid sorted and financially wasn't hard to deal with I'd probably take him. Wouldn't be coming in as a starter in those circumstances and it would need to come after Levein has brought in everyone else. 

Its very unlikely to happen anyway. There are too many stories about Naismiths feelings on the subject, coupled with how difficult he was last time round. 

Lafferty used us as a stepping stone to Glasgow and we were fortunate enough to make a few bob. His present form is dreadful and his international career is on the slide. He'll be looking for a few quid before he retires. Let's hope it's not our money that tops up his pension fund.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, farin said:

He actually got married in a chapel to former Miss Scotland Nicola Mimnagh. I don’t think he’s the quite bigot some people think he is tbh. 

I was aware of that when I posted, and she wasn't the only RC female he has been involved with.

Absolute Scenes
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't get me wrong, mate. No bother you saying that.

Was more from a "resigned to it" perspective. ??

All good mr president ??

16 minutes ago, Barack said:

Pretty sure Lafferty goes to Mass every Sunday with his wife now. As she was on about it.

Good job gambling is online 24/7. Needs something to do while he's in there, I suppose.

:D On paddy power no less. What would the orcs say?!

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

He scored 19 goals in major competitions for us in one season. Does that make it any better for you ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
On 31/05/2019 at 06:27, Smithee said:

A striker with a bit of respect for Heart of Midlothian.

Does respect score goals? Can we give this to Vanecek and Wighton?

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

It is garbage. What actions make him a Catholic hater?

One day you'll work out that the ignore function is best for those who seem to be permanently angry and all over the place.

2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I was aware of that when I posted, and she wasn't the only RC female he has been involved with.

Aye - he treats his women so well. He wants his hole with whomever he can.

27 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He scored 19 goals in major competitions for us in one season. Does that make it any better for you ?

The ultimate point was that we needed him in the league.

All I’ve done is point out that Juanma scored the same amount of goals in the league.

Unknown user
30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Does respect score goals? Can we give this to Vanecek and Wighton?

It needn't be either/or. And anyway, Kyle's scored 19 goals one time in 14 seasons, it's hardly a stick on that he'd do it again.

Not for me, although I get why some feel it would be a good move. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

It needn't be either/or. And anyway, Kyle's scored 19 goals one time in 14 seasons, it's hardly a stick on that he'd do it again.

Not for me, although I get why some feel it would be a good move. 

As I said earlier, I don't want to re-sign him either as we need a different style of player to complement Uche. At the same time, the need to knock and dismiss Lafferty's record for us is a joke. We were good for him and he was good for us but that doesn't mean we bring him back.

Unknown user
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As I said earlier, I don't want to re-sign him either as we need a different style of player to complement Uche. At the same time, the need to knock and dismiss Lafferty's record for us is a joke. We were good for him and he was good for us but that doesn't mean we bring him back.

Cool, I just said I'd like a striker with a bit of respect for Hearts though. Didn't really think anyone would argue with that TBH.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Cool, I just said I'd like a striker with a bit of respect for Hearts though. Didn't really think anyone would argue with that TBH.

I've no idea if our current players "respect" the club or not (plus it is hard to define in the first place). What I care about is their ability to get results.

siegementality
44 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The ultimate point was that we needed him in the league.

All I’ve done is point out that Juanma scored the same amount of goals in the league.

Given the way things ended for Juanma at Hearts there is obviously a story there. It might not be a very interesting one, but a story nonetheless.

To bring any players religion into the debate is pretty stupid on your part.

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Long time since I've posted on here but wasn't the whole ethos of Lafferty coming here was to get him a move elsewhere and if something didn't materialise he would stay? Atleast that's what CL said in the press? 

Edited by JME

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, JME said:

Long time since I've posted on here but wasn't the whole ethos of Lafferty coming here was to get him a move elsewhere and if something didn't materialise he would stay? Atleast that's what CL said in the press? 

There were comments along those lines. That ties in with what I said that it was mutually beneficial. Instead, roasters on here want to denigrate the guy for some reason. Bonkers.

6 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There were comments along those lines. That ties in with what I said that it was mutually beneficial. Instead, roasters on here want to denigrate the guy for some reason. Bonkers.

He was a good player for us that season and he seemed to enjoy his time here, he played up on top on his own until the start of the new season where he scored a (could have been) vital goal against Celtic, linking up with Uche, I'm neither for or against getting him back but to dismiss him as an option is fairly unreasonable in my opinion. 

4 hours ago, siegementality said:

Given the way things ended for Juanma at Hearts there is obviously a story there. It might not be a very interesting one, but a story nonetheless.

To bring any players religion into the debate is pretty stupid on your part.

Agreed.

But religion appears to play a part with some of our fans.

So hence my question - why were people glad to see the back of juanma and not Lafferty when they had identical season 1 league goals? (Lafferty in apparently a better team).

We clearly didn’t miss Lafferty’s cup goals this season and the main point on this thread is that  we suffered in the league because we didn’t have him.

Yet people called his equal, Juanma, out as a waster and lazy.

So one possible answer is, for some of our support, that they ‘connect’ better with him...

I’m fishing, but I am fishing for an explanation.

Forever Hearts
32 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed.

So hence my question - why were people glad to see the back of juanma and not Lafferty when they had identical season 1 league goals? (Lafferty in apparently a better team).

We clearly didn’t miss Lafferty’s cup goals this season and the main point on this thread is that  we suffered in the league because we didn’t have him.

So one possible answer is, for some of our support, that they ‘connect’ better with him...

Please stop digging. The point (I use the term lightly) is absolutely ridiculous and not up for debate. No Hearts fan gives a toss what religion our players are as long as they do the business on the pitch. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
13 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Please stop digging. The point (I use the term lightly) is absolutely ridiculous and not up for debate. No Hearts fan gives a toss what religion our players are as long as they do the business on the pitch. 

Some people on this thread did say that they didn't want to hear a return of the "flute song". You have to ask who is more obsessed.

Forever Hearts
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Some people on this thread did say that they didn't want to hear a return of the "flute song". You have to ask who is more obsessed.

Exactly. 

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed.

Seems to me that your the one bringing up (or fishing) for the sectarian card.

i couldn’t give a toss about any of that crap but I stand by and say he scored a lot of goals and for me was a better player than Juanma who for me was lazy and disinterested in large parts. Lafferty is a far better player IMHO.

Im on the fence about him coming back tbh but at least with him we know what we get. I dread to think the standard of player up front we would otherwise bring in looking at the managers recent history

3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's not really a competition. You can be determinedly anti-sectarian, as I am, and repeatedly make the case to bin some songs (which mean nothing but portray a false image of our club) whilst being capable of dealing with imperfection and inconsistency. When the subject comes up, I will argue against certain songs (including the flute song, but Lafferty has gone and taken his song with him),  whilst being more than happy to get behind players of every creed (including, when he was here, Lafferty, whose goals I celebrated, obviously, whilst, for example, despairing at his orange walk celebrations).

Having 'who is more obsessed?' competitions is not the best way forward. Having a vision of how we would like Hearts to be is. Discussing that from time to time is healthy.

On the subject of Lafferty, if our management (and senior players) wanted him back and could bring that about, that's fine by me. I doubt that they do.

Edited by 4marsbars

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

It's not really a competition. You can be determinedly anti-sectarian, as I am, and repeatedly make the case to bin some songs (which mean nothing but portray a false image of our club) whilst being capable of dealing with imperfection and inconsistency. When the subject comes up, I will argue against certain songs (including the flute song, but Lafferty has gone and taken his song with him),  whilst being more than happy to get behind players of every creed (including, when he was here, Lafferty, whose goals I celebrated, obviously, whilst, for example, despairing at his orange walk celebrations).

Having 'who is more obsessed?' competitions is not the best way forward. Having a vision of how we would like Hearts to be is. Discussing that from time to time is healthy.

On the subject of Lafferty, if our management (and senior players) wanted him back and could bring that about, that's fine by me. I doubt that they do.

Good for you but my point was using a song as an argument to not sign someone is a tad daft and extremely zealous.

27 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Good for you but my point was using a song as an argument to not sign someone is a tad daft and extremely zealous.

I agree, however cringeworthy / ‘made in Govan’ the song.

Pointless thread as he's never coming back to Hearts. Better than we have but it's a non starter due to circumstances and burning bridges before he left. 

Edited by Djnoisy

Gorillajam

I'd be genuinely upset and truly disappointed if he ended up back with us. He is a good player and I'm surprised its not worked out with The Rangers but he's not the type of character I want to be associated with Hearts. Its no for me.

Edited by Gorillajam

Forever Hearts
12 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

One day you'll work out that the ignore function is best for those who seem to be permanently angry and all over the place.

I've already got Bridge of Djoum on ignore. Best decision I've made on here. 

Bridge of Djoum
6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've already got Bridge of Djoum on ignore. Best decision I've made on here. 

And you were still caught reading my posts AFTER you did that!

:rofl:

Laughable individual.

siegementality
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed.

Good luck with the fishing ?

Edited by siegementality