Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Bongo 1874
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed.

But religion appears to play a part with some of our fans.

So hence my question - why were people glad to see the back of juanma and not Lafferty when they had identical season 1 league goals? (Lafferty in apparently a better team).

We clearly didn’t miss Lafferty’s cup goals this season and the main point on this thread is that  we suffered in the league because we didn’t have him.

Yet people called his equal, Juanma, out as a waster and lazy.

So one possible answer is, for some of our support, that they ‘connect’ better with him...

I’m fishing, but I am fishing for an explanation.

Let's just say there was a bit of a bust up between Dr funk and Juanma i could tell the stories about Lafferty too. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

jambopilms

The reason KL got so many goals for us rather than the other teams he has been at is, that he was never dropped when he was contributing nothing because we had no options to replace him with. Scored a decent amount but so did Isma. Did nothing in the way of holding up the ball, beating a man or linking play. Lacked basic skills for a highly paid player.

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

The reason KL got so many goals for us rather than the other teams he has been at is, that he was never dropped when he was contributing nothing because we had no options to replace him with. Scored a decent amount but so did Isma. Did nothing in the way of holding up the ball, beating a man or linking play. Lacked basic skills for a highly paid player.

He done what he was paid to do - score goals. 

43 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Let's just say there was a bit of a bust up between Dr funk and Juanma i could tell the stories about Lafferty too. 

The stories about Lafferty have been well aired on here.................I like to use the phrase "working your ticket"

Bluesy1874

He was in Edinburgh yesterday heading in the direction of Gorgie.  I'm not suggesting that means anything however as it's possible he was in the city for non footballing reasons. 

received_2450576001844622.jpeg

Bongo 1874
12 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

The stories about Lafferty have been well aired on here.................I like to use the phrase "working your ticket"

Not them all they haven't and some are totally out of order and not true. 

jambopilms
35 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

He done what he was paid to do - score goals. 

Only because he was left on the pitch when his around play would have got him hooked anywhere else. He would score for rangers if he got on the pitch but they don't want someone with poor around play and no brains in their team.

13 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

He was in Edinburgh yesterday heading in the direction of Gorgie.  I'm not suggesting that means anything however as it's possible he was in the city for non footballing reasons. 

That is not Kyle Lafferty. 

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Only because he was left on the pitch when his around play would have got him hooked anywhere else. He would score for rangers if he got on the pitch but they don't want someone with poor around play and no brains in their team.

?

Geoff Kilpatrick
26 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

As opposed to Wighton and Vanacek who do nothing on the pitch and can't score goals.

Harry Potter
57 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Ffs why pages of debate. 

He is NOT coming back to Hearts. 

Should have ignored the thread then, but still posted, you are correct he wont be back, compared to Vanacek, 

like night and day, least he was fit and up for a game.

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Should have ignored the thread then, but still posted, you are correct he wont be back, compared to Vanacek, 

like night and day, least he was fit and up for a game.

Pretty hard to ignore tbh.

Posted because it is boring now and the guy is 100 per cent not coming back.

What is the point debating and arguing about something that is not going to happen.

Italian Lambretta
1 hour ago, Bluesy1874 said:

Maybe just his missus of to the Park and ride at Hermiston gate

Harry Potter
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Pretty hard to ignore tbh.

Posted because it is boring now and the guy is 100 per cent not coming back.

What is the point debating and arguing about something that is not going to happen.

Sorry Robbo i jumped in with 2 feet, but you are right, old news and not coming back.

But its KB, debate everything lol. I liked him, great a free kicks.

Just now, Harry Potter said:

Sorry Robbo i jumped in with 2 feet, but you are right, old news and not coming back.

It's something to talk about until Jamie Walker is confirmed and then we can all argue about him instead?

Harry Potter
Just now, Notts1874 said:

It's something to talk about until Jamie Walker is confirmed and then we can all argue about him instead?

time will tell.

Just now, Barack said:

Not long now then...

Do you get notified every time somebody mentions his name? :lol:

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

No problem Harry. :thumb:

Aye he hit a few crackers right enough.

Harry Potter
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Do you get notified every time somebody mentions his name? :lol:

What age is Jamie now , im out of touch, with x players, wish he had never left.

Just now, Barack said:

It's like the bat signal lights up the sky. But instead of a bat, it's a big jobby!

I big jobby with a bad knee!!

Robbo-Jambo
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

:jj_facepalm:     Cannae wait. :rolleyes2:

Just now, Harry Potter said:

What age is Jamie now , im out of touch, with x players, wish he had never left.

Not that old. Mid to late twenties. I'm sure somebody will be along soon with a more accurate answer.

Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

:jj_facepalm:     Cannae wait. :rolleyes2:

Better to argue about a player we are going to sign than one we aren't:lol:

jamtartan74
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Not that old. Mid to late twenties. I'm sure somebody will be along soon with a more accurate answer.

Wasn’t he 23/24 when he left us so be around 25 now?

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Better to argue about a player we are going to sign than one we aren't:lol:

That's true, right enough,

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, jamtartan74 said:

Wasn’t he 23/24 when he left us so be around 25 now?

25 the now turns 26 end of June.

11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Brilliant, that will be fun. Are we under some kind of UEFA banning order that restricts us to interest in ex players and the extremely injury prone only. Oh, and holiday binge drinkers... 

jamtartan74
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

25, yup.

8 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

25 the now turns 26 end of June.

Thought so ??

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I liked him, great a free kicks.

His free kick at Murrayfield is without doubt the best one I have ever seen by a Hearts player.

Turned to my brother, shook my head, " never score from there".

Never celebrated. Unbelievable, as I doubt he has ever scored a better one.

FarmerTweedy
19 hours ago, Smithee said:

It needn't be either/or. And anyway, Kyle's scored 19 goals one time in 14 seasons, it's hardly a stick on that he'd do it again.

Not for me, although I get why some feel it would be a good move. 

Given that 4 of those were in the league cup group stage, it's an absolute stick on that unless he moves to a properly diddy league, he'll never get close to 19 again! 

FarmerTweedy
19 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

As I said earlier, I don't want to re-sign him either as we need a different style of player to complement Uche. At the same time, the need to knock and dismiss Lafferty's record for us is a joke. We were good for him and he was good for us but that doesn't mean we bring him back.

There aren't enough :spoton: s in the world for the bit in bold!

FarmerTweedy
14 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Agreed.

But religion appears to play a part with some of our fans.

So hence my question - why were people glad to see the back of juanma and not Lafferty when they had identical season 1 league goals? (Lafferty in apparently a better team).

We clearly didn’t miss Lafferty’s cup goals this season and the main point on this thread is that  we suffered in the league because we didn’t have him.

Yet people called his equal, Juanma, out as a waster and lazy.

So one possible answer is, for some of our support, that they ‘connect’ better with him...

I’m fishing, but I am fishing for an explanation.

I think the main difference actually was that, goalscoring aside, for all Lafferty never actually contributed anything remotely worthwhile in terms of assists, he did at least run about a bit and look vaguely interested most of the time he was on the park. Juanma, on the other hand, swanned about looking like he didn't give a monkeys most of the time, spending about half of each game* in offside positions while his teammates were looking for someone to play the ball forward to, and making no effort whatsoever to get himself back into an offside position and offer himself as an option. 

* Ok, 'half of each game' is an exaggeration, but you get the point!

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Dunno about the rest of him, but his knees are in their 70s!

Lafferty kinda reminds me of that quote about if you spread all the money in the world out evenly the same folk that had most of it originally would have it again.

Can't help but think that Lafferty could have all the money in the world and would still end up needing more. Moving to the huns was about the worst thing he could have done since he's clearly (immediately) fallen into old habits. He could have had longevity at Hearts but went short term at the huns and not even a year later he's got neither. 

Pretty depressing.

9 hours ago, Jodami said:

Brilliant, that will be fun. Are we under some kind of UEFA banning order that restricts us to interest in ex players and the extremely injury prone only. Oh, and holiday binge drinkers... 

Fair play! ?

way out west jambo

A proven goal scorer that’s going to be available on a potential free transfer... for the fans that don’t want him back here’s another way of looking at it..

what other strikers are out there that will be better than Lafferty and available on a free transfer? 

If we put lafferty up front next season he’ll score a double figure amount of goals. We know he can do it. Any other potential free transfers are a complete gamble. Lafferty’s actually the safest bet.

Captain Canada

Which Lafferty would we get though? The Hearts one or the Sevco imitation? 

He was desperate to play for them again and was a massive failure. I don't see why he'd come back to us, suddenly sort himself out and get back to his best. If he could though, he'd definitely be a huge asset to the team. 

11 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

Which Lafferty would we get though? The Hearts one or the Sevco imitation? 

He was desperate to play for them again and was a massive failure. I don't see why he'd come back to us, suddenly sort himself out and get back to his best. If he could though, he'd definitely be a huge asset to the team. 

He was desperate to get 12/15k a week after his wages dropped dramatically after the first season with us, he doesn’t give a toss about actual playing, that’s straight from the horses mouth. He’s dug out about it by the Rangers players all the time and his response, be it in jest or not, is “I have a front row seat for 55”. He’s a glorified season ticket holder and gets his wife (the biggest influence on his outlook) in for free. 

If he was motivated and fit he’d walk into our side. If he has the attitude he has now, I wouldn’t touch him. That’s always going to be the gamble with someone like Lafferty.

The dick pic carry on is what killed his Rangers career and his relationship with Gerrard, not his ability to perform. Broke the unspoken rule by not telling Gerrard before the story broke, the story he knew was going to break. That caused tension between rangers/Northern Ireland as Lafferty pulled out the NI squad and never told Michael ONeil about the picture either. Michael ONeil had a pop at Rangers in the press for Lafferty pulling out, then the story broke and Michael ONeil looked stupid. Lafferty has never really recovered from there. 

Rocky jamboa

Lafferty went to the huns for more money so I can see him sitting tight, picking up his £15k per week and running down his contract. I can't see him coming back to us for likely half the wages.

Maybe a loan deal more likely, with us paying half his wages. 

Rocky jamboa

Also, rangers will be keen to stop Celtic winning 9 titles in a row so they might be interested in us having lafferty to strengthen us and possibly take some points of Celtic. 

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

He was desperate to get 12/15k a week after his wages dropped dramatically after the first season with us, he doesn’t give a toss about actual playing, that’s straight from the horses mouth. He’s dug out about it by the Rangers players all the time and his response, be it in jest or not, is “I have a front row seat for 55”. He’s a glorified season ticket holder and gets his wife (the biggest influence on his outlook) in for free. 

If he was motivated and fit he’d walk into our side. If he has the attitude he has now, I wouldn’t touch him. That’s always going to be the gamble with someone like Lafferty.

The dick pic carry on is what killed his Rangers career and his relationship with Gerrard, not his ability to perform. Broke the unspoken rule by not telling Gerrard before the story broke, the story he knew was going to break. That caused tension between rangers/Northern Ireland as Lafferty pulled out the NI squad and never told Michael ONeil about the picture either. Michael ONeil had a pop at Rangers in the press for Lafferty pulling out, then the story broke and Michael ONeil looked stupid. Lafferty has never really recovered from there. 

That makes for painful reading.

Unknown user
3 hours ago, way out west jambo said:

A proven goal scorer that’s going to be available on a potential free transfer... for the fans that don’t want him back here’s another way of looking at it..

what other strikers are out there that will be better than Lafferty and available on a free transfer? 

If we put lafferty up front next season he’ll score a double figure amount of goals. We know he can do it. Any other potential free transfers are a complete gamble. Lafferty’s actually the safest bet.

Is he though?

Have a look through his career stats, he's only really hit the heights once in 14 seasons, the season he was with us. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Is he though?

Have a look through his career stats, he's only really hit the heights once in 14 seasons, the season he was with us. 

And that's the only season that should matter. 

33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

We better bring back Isma anaw then. He scored 13 league goals in  35 games to Kyle's 13 league goals in 37 games. Shite in the woodwind department, tho.

Edited by ri Alban

Bongo 1874

Lafferty on 15k a week and then Aberdeen offering Djoum 6k a week ohh my sides ?????? kickback at its finest. 

Unknown user
27 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

The only point I'm making is that you can say he's a proven goalscorer but it doesn't actually stand up to scrutiny. 

Away from Hearts he's scored an average of less than 6 league goals a season across his other 13 seasons in football.

There's no reason to think lightning would strike twice when his record strongly suggests otherwise.