Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

portobellojambo1
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Which means he never learns. He won't be anywhere near Hearts which is very good news indeed.

I'm guessing gambling is like any other sort of addiction John, you've really got to want to stop or you never will.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

John Findlay
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm guessing gambling is like any other sort of addiction John, you've really got to want to stop or you never will.

I don't disagree. My late father had the addiction.

AlimOzturk

Was hoping Vanecek was the man to replace him but it hasn't happened. Still hold out hope there is a player there otherwise signing him would go down as one of the most pointless singing of all time. 

He was scoring goals regularly at Aa decent level before joining us. Really hope this is a case of a player arriving and just taking time to settle into the jump in level and fitness

Nope. Your girlfriend decides to leave you to get back with her ex husband, it doesn't work out for her but you still want her back? Sorry, not this little black duck. 

Don't really understand why this is being debated, his goalscoring record for us is a complete outlier benchmarked against the rest of his career. It would not be repeated. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've already said he acted like a tosser that day. Much the same as Pressley did on his return with Celtic. 

Ah, but, you know, Lafferty isn’t a Tim so it’s ok 

?

5 minutes ago, Scud said:

Nope. Your girlfriend decides to leave you to get back with her ex husband, it doesn't work out for her but you still want her back? Sorry, not this little black duck. 

Depends how fit she is. 

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Give me two strikers that could do that and we'd have a strike force

2 strikers doing that we'd be close to a league title!!

No to KL for me. We did well out of him but no thanks.

Mr Elwood P
7 minutes ago, Scud said:

We got over £400k, if we get him

back for free it’s great business. Some folk are so precious. We’re not jilted lovers, it’s a football!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Ah, but, you know, Lafferty isn’t a Tim so it’s ok 

?

I've said he acted like a tosser, what exactly do you want? Blood?

Forever Hearts
Just now, farin said:

He prob has his best ever season with us tbh. There’s absolutely no Guarantee he’d repeat that form going on his past record. Can’t help but think he might have made the difference in the cup final though oddly enough. 

You don't get any guarantees with most players in Scotland. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Lafferty Uche Naismith 

As a front three would surely produce goals ... surely?

Maybe but he is not coming back to us, end of story. 

2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Folk did with Elvis

#doublestandards

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

She signed him 2 years ago ,made money of him what's different now

The club and management had to put up with him for 12 months and now know how much hard work he is?

Selling Lafferty wasn’t a mistake.....

Buying Wighton and waiting 6 months on Vanecek were the real mistakes.

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To correct the record here slightly, he did not “decide” anything it was Hearts decision to sell him - primarily a levein and Budge decision to negotiate a sale, a wrong and extremely costly wrong decision for which they should be held absolutely accountable.

We had the player under contract so irrespective of toys getting chucked out of prams, it was Hearts management decision to sell him. He was not a free agent and had no power to decide anything. 

With our chronic lack of goals over this season and 5 defeats from 5 against Celtic since he left including the 2 biggest games Hearts have played had since 2012, if we had lafferty who had a nack for scoring against them we could have had 2x trophies this year instead it’s ?? to the management who thought we’d be alright with Maclean and Vanacek, and paid 6 figure sums for both Wighton and Clare. I’d happily release all 4 of those players in favour of having 1 Kyle Lafferty. He scored about 4x as many goals as the 4 of them combined - that squad management deserves absolute pelters. 

Kyle Lafferty would have been worth his weight in gold for Hearts this season and I for one am still absolutely raging we sold him. Goalscorers are absolute gold dust in football, so rare, at Hearts especially. An idiotic decision to sell him, and equally incompetent attempts to replace him. We should have just kept him, told him to see out his contract, keep his form up and go away up the M8 as a free transfer this summer.

WE HAD AN AGREEMENT WITH HIM TO SELL HIM AFTER 12 MONTHS.

Comprendez?

2 hours ago, Mort said:

Plus the fact we replaced Lafferty with Wighton.

Yeah, his replacements were nowhere near same quality as goal scorers. Even an ever present Uche (who can be as selfish as Lafferty) is not a natural finisher and cannot carry that burden. 

Vanacek? Complete mystery and clearly not getting it right at this level.

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We got over £400k, if we get him

back for free it’s great business. Some folk are so precious. We’re not jilted lovers, it’s a football!

Far from precious mate, however HMFC are precious to me and KL showed a distinct lack of respect which won't be forgotten. 

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

How many goals did Lafferty score this season? 

How many games did he start or play in ?

Just now, Hectormasson said:

How many games did he start or play in ?

Why didn’t he start or play in many games?

Edited by Jammy T

Hectormasson
Just now, Jammy T said:

He was a Dave king signing ,to appease the gers support at the time , but Gerrard didn't want him part of his plans , and thus played a token part at best for them ..

He was a Dave king signing ,to appease the gers support at the time , but Gerrard didn't want him part of his plans , and thus played a token part at best for them ..

So, he didn’t want to play for us and was happy warming the bench in full knowledge Gerrard didn’t want him.

Why would we sign such a player?

1874Gorgie1874

If he’s free or on the cheap we’d be stupid not to take him. There surely isn’t many other proven goal scorers who know the league that we could realistically  get. 

Hectormasson
Just now, Jammy T said:

So, he didn’t want to play for us and was happy warming the bench in full knowledge Gerrard didn’t want him.

Why would we sign such a player?

We obviously wont now ,but he would have scored goals along side uche and a fit naisy,with crosses from mulraney etc,better than wighton and vanacek put together ,

Hectormasson

We obviously wont now ,but he would have scored goals along side uche and a fit naisy,with crosses from mulraney etc,better than wighton and vanacek put together ,

Two players which are a waste of wages,and will never have an impact at hearts, ,

25 minutes ago, Scud said:

If she guarantees to Score spectacularly and regularly I'd maybe offer her a one year contract until something better caught my eye.

Unknown user
20 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

A striker with a bit of respect for Heart of Midlothian.

13 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

How many goals did Lafferty score this season? 

More than the much lauded Uche.

8 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He isn’t as good as Morelos or Defoe. We clearly don’t have resource to attract players like that but I don’t think there’s much argument that Lafferty would have scored a decent amount of goals for us this season had he stayed. 

For me he would improve our current options but still would probably prefer to look elsewhere to move forward (hopefully not Curtis Main)

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Becuase rangers had better players ?‍♂️ We didn’t unfortunately. That Celtic game with naisy, lafferty and Uche ?? 

Haringshairband

Hope Levein can find a Fuller type forward in this window. One of his gamble has to pay off surely.

20 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

BUT WE AGREED WE WOULD SELL HIM AFTER 12 ****ING MONTHS.

DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?

18 minutes ago, Taffin said:

More than the much lauded Uche.

FFS - he was injured for 4 months

Are people on here on day release from Carstairs?

Just now, Jammy T said:

BUT WE AGREED WE WOULD SELL HIM AFTER 12 ****ING MONTHS.

DON’T YOU UNDERSTAND?

1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

We were paying KL £15k per week so it was in our interests to sell him. Sevco effectively subsidised him being at Hearts for the year. Great bit of business but not if we'd kept him.

19 minutes ago, Mort said:

He isn’t as good as Morelos or Defoe. We clearly don’t have resource to attract players like that but I don’t think there’s much argument that Lafferty would have scored a decent amount of goals for us this season had he stayed. 

For me he would improve our current options but still would probably prefer to look elsewhere to move forward (hopefully not Curtis Main)

Defoe was signed 4 months after Lafferty.

Lafferty had plenty chance to make an impact for a team making more chances than us and didn’t.

what does that tell you?

Last season was a fluke maybe??

Robbo-Jambo
27 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Appease the Rangers support!!! 

My brother in law is a hun and I can assure you the majority of them didnt want Lafferty anywhere near Ibrox. 

1 minute ago, tcjambo said:

We were paying KL £15k per week so it was in our interests to sell him. Sevco effectively subsidised him being at Hearts for the year. Great bit of business but not if we'd kept him.

PMSL

We were not paying him £15k a week FFS. Norwich we’re paying him double that as part of his severance. 

Source - a player.

Robbo-Jambo

??. Come to think of it, aye probably. 

Some basic and easy primary school questions 

1. How many seasons has Lafferty been a pro?

2. Apart from last season what was his previous highest scoring season?

3. Why are his average league goals a season?

Hectormasson
2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Appease the Rangers support!!! 

My brother in law is a hun and I can assure you the majority of them didnt want Lafferty anywhere near Ibrox. 

The huns nearly brought the roof down in the roseburn singing the lafferty song,must have some supporters ?

Robbo-Jambo

Defoe was signed 4 months after Lafferty.

Lafferty had plenty chance to make an impact for a team making more chances than us and didn’t.

what does that tell you?

Last season was a fluke maybe??

It would appear so because he didn't have many seasons like that looking at his record. 

Wish would suggest if he came back he would probably be sh*te. 

2 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

I have a beter source☺️

Ok well I happen to know he was boasting about what he was getting from Norwich pre-season when out for a team lunch.

Now with lafferty being a gambling addict it may be he is prone to lying as well so it may be he was lying but those words definitely cane out of his mouth:

”I’ll get this boys, Norwich are still paying me £30k a month”

Edited by Jammy T

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

The huns nearly brought the roof down in the roseburn singing the lafferty song,must have some supporters ?

Aye the King Billy away support who thought he was one of them, which it seems he is. 

At Ibrox for home games nobody gave a toss about him being there. 

That is a fact from a season ticket holders mouth.