Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

Some posting on here (especially those wanting him back) should read their posts when he was set to leave

Quicker U turns than you see in the Fast and Furious movies

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Geoff Kilpatrick
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some posting on here (especially those wanting him back) should read their posts when he was set to leave

Quicker U turns than you see in the Fast and Furious movies

Some of us thought it was a mistake to sell him but then some of us weren't sold on a YouTube video of his replacement. :whistling:

Geoff Kilpatrick
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Fair enough Geoff. No he is good enough for us but theres so much baggage that goes with him I think its a mistake to even consider it and from what I know it would not be a popular move if you could get Levein to even consider it himself

I think we need to move on too but I'm actually not that bothered about the off-field stuff or what Steven Naismith thinks of him. I'd rather have more pace and energy up front to complement Uche.

1 hour ago, Byyy The Light said:

Or his attitude was stinking and he couldn’t be bothered against the smaller teams.

His work rate against Celtic and Hibs was on another level than when he was playing against the smaller clubs.  His goal record says the same.

I think his style favoured an open game. 

Surprised to hear they've yet to pay up. Too risky for a fee, but if they were looking to offload his wages, he's a step up from anything else and worked well with Naismith on the park.

Robbo-Jambo
19 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think we need to move on too but I'm actually not that bothered about the off-field stuff or what Steven Naismith thinks of him. I'd rather have more pace and energy up front to complement Uche.

Pace and energy? Lafferty!! ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Pace and energy? Lafferty!! ?

Indeed. Maybe you should re-read what I posted.

tokyowalnut

Lafferty does not have pace and energy ? ffs. Apart when he could be bothered, against certain teams, he was bloody lazy and frustrating. Zero assists! He couldn't hold the ball up. I dont want him back, I'm amazing we got the money we did for him. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Lafferty does not have pace and energy ? ffs. Apart when he could be bothered, against certain teams, he was bloody lazy and frustrating. Zero assists! He couldn't hold the ball up. I dont want him back, I'm amazing we got the money we did for him. 

Jesus wept! If you read my post you will see that is exactly why I DON'T want him signing for us. Are people genuinely that thick on here that they can't comprehend English?

Forever Hearts
5 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Whereas the rest of the Hearts team give 100% in every game and never hide when they don't fancy it.? Damn you Lafferty and your 19 goals. ?

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Jesus wept! If you read my post you will see that is exactly why I DON'T want him signing for us. Are people genuinely that thick on here that they can't comprehend English?

Just re read it ☹️. Sorry Geoff, read it too quickly first time round!! 

tokyowalnut
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Away you go you self important ass ? 

I didn't quote you, so calm down.

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Whereas the rest of the Hearts team give 100% in every game and never hide when they don't fancy it.? Damn you Lafferty and your 19 goals. ?

You still fail to acknowledge that his goal contribution did not result in us scoring any more goals as a team. Pretty easy swerve when viewed in context, given the baggage he brings.

tokyowalnut
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

To be fair, he's the subject of the thread, and although it is rare on here, I am sticking to that. You could break those goals down and look at what he offered the team as a whole, and I dont think very much. Personally, I wouldn't want to see him play for us again, but I would've been happy for him to stay. His replacement certainly won't score 19 goals in his Hearts career, if he even has one anymore!!

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

You still fail to acknowledge that his goal contribution did not result in us scoring any more goals as a team. Pretty easy swerve when viewed in context, given the baggage he brings.

That argument is bonkers. He scored 19 goals and the guy who replaced him won't score 19 in his entire Hearts career. It's Lafferty's teammates you should be having a go at for scoring even less goals than this season's shower of impostors. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

That argument is bonkers. He scored 19 goals and the guy who replaced him won't score 19 in his entire Hearts career. It's Lafferty's teammates you should be having a go at for scoring even less goals than this season's shower of impostors. 

Why is that bonkers? Why is it not possible that by having KL as focal point of attacks, we miss out on other players getting chances? The stats would suggest that this was the case. I get that you are his biggest fan. Love is blind I guess.

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

Why is that bonkers? Why is it not possible that by having KL as focal point of attacks, we miss out on other players getting chances? The stats would suggest that this was the case. I get that you are his biggest fan. Love is blind I guess.

I'm not his biggest fan so God knows where you get that from. I'm a fan of him wearing a Hearts top and scoring goals for us, something his replacements have failed miserably in trying to emulate. 

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm not his biggest fan so God knows where you get that from. I'm a fan of him wearing a Hearts top and scoring goals for us, something his replacements have failed miserably in trying to emulate. 

No denying he was a good goalscorer for us. 

Personally I think his motivation has gone to do the same again for any club.

He was dying to get to Ibrox and it has been a disaster for him apart from the wage he is picking up. 

Don't think he has the type of character to recover from it and he is now on a downhill slope IMO. 

Uncle Buck

He wouldn’t necessarily be top of my shopping list, but anyone who wouldn’t take him back are just kidding themselves on.

Always believed Rangers aimed to buy themselves an extra spot on the table by taking Laff away from us. In the end it made no difference but when the transfer was done we were looking pretty damn good for 2nd or 3rd place finish. It was a panic buy to assist European qualification.

Classic tactics really - price your completion out of the market.

The Real Maroonblood
7 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No denying he was a good goalscorer for us. 

Personally I think his motivation has gone to do the same again for any club.

He was dying to get to Ibrox and it has been a disaster for him apart from the wage he is picking up. 

Don't think he has the type of character to recover from it and he is now on a downhill slope IMO. 

The pleasing thing is the scummy club are paying him for doing sfa.

I wonder if someone could remind me how many goals Lafferty scored for us? 

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I wonder if someone could remind me how many goals Lafferty scored for us? 

19. More than Wighton, Ikpeazu and Vanecek put together. ?

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

19. More than Wighton, Ikpeazu and Vanecek put together. ?

:sweeet:

Are Sevco still due us a final tranche of his transfer fee? Heard this story the other day and that they had offered him to us as a settlement. They want him off their payroll. Gerrard didn’t want him first place. He was a Dave King signing to placate their support and remove him from us. A motivated content Lafferty I would take back anytime. One that just goes through the motions though -  no thanks.  Think I would trust the gut instincts of the management team on this one.

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Are Sevco still due us a final tranche of his transfer fee? Heard this story the other day and that they had offered him to us as a settlement. They want him off their payroll. Gerrard didn’t want him first place. He was a Dave King signing to placate their support and remove him from us. A motivated content Lafferty I would take back anytime. One that just goes through the motions though -  no thanks.  Think I would trust the gut instincts of the management team on this one.

Not sure about that. Plenty of Rangers fans didn't want him back. 

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Deevers said:

According to a poster on this thread they are still due us £450,000.

Disgusting if that is the case.

I originally didn't want him back but definitely come round to the idea.  Not going to criticise a guy for going to the team he loves for more money.  I reckon every single poster on here would likely do the same.

At a time when we're desperate for a clinical scorer i think lafferty would be perfect.  He would need to be on sensible money though, too risky to treat him the same way we did last time with him being a top earner.  Think some people take their frustrations out on an element of our support on Lafferty.  He was a good player for us, worked hard and scored goals.  His off field stuff never seemed to effect his game and cheating on his mrs/sending some lassie pictures is hardly crime of the century.  If he could play the same as he did before he left he'd be a great addition to the squad.

If we had the opportunity to get him we should as it's very difficult to find players who score as many goals as he did.

People very quick to write off Vanecek. I think he’s played the equivalent of about 2 or 3 full games, and wasn’t remotely fit (which does beg the question of why he was played at all, but that’s by the by).

It’s entirely possible he will turn out to be completely useless, but we really don’t have enough to go on either way.

8 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Rangers 2012 signed Lafferty purely to stop him scoring goals against them and take our threat away, just like Celtic did with Dundee Utd players a few years before, and look at the state of them now. A lot of players that go through there are great for other clubs, sign for those two cheeks of the same arse then ruin their careers sitting on the bench not improving. Yes, their bank balance might be a lot healthier but at the same time, they don't improve their game and it can also potentially kill off any chance of them playing well for the national team. Always think a player should never sign for them as a squad player, stay where they are, improve and gain experience then possibly a club in England will come in and make Scots clubs some decent cash. Let's hope Souttar is being protected against this happening to him.

As for any outstanding money owed...hopefully we stop getting involved with transfers connected to Rangers 2012. Hearts should take them to court and get what they're due if they are. The now de-funked Glasgow Rangers were still due us for Wallace. No chance of getting that money now but Rangers 2012 should be brought to task.

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Rangers 2012 signed Lafferty purely to stop him scoring goals against them and take our threat away, just like Celtic did with Dundee Utd players a few years before, and look at the state of them now. A lot of players that go through there are great for other clubs, sign for those two cheeks of the same arse then ruin their careers sitting on the bench not improving. Yes, their bank balance might be a lot healthier but at the same time, they don't improve their game and it can also potentially kill off any chance of them playing well for the national team. Always think a player should never sign for them as a squad player, stay where they are, improve and gain experience then possibly a club in England will come in and make Scots clubs some decent cash. Let's hope Souttar is being protected against this happening to him.

As for any outstanding money owed...hopefully we stop getting involved with transfers connected to Rangers 2012. Hearts should take them to court and get what they're due if they are. The now de-funked Glasgow Rangers were still due us for Wallace. No chance of getting that money now but Rangers 2012 should be brought to task.

Good post

Just now, Doc Rob said:

People very quick to write off Vanecek. I think he’s played the equivalent of about 2 or 3 full games, and wasn’t remotely fit (which does beg the question of why he was played at all, but that’s by the by).

It’s entirely possible he will turn out to be completely useless, but we really don’t have enough to go on either way.

I think the club has done all the writing off.  What else are the fans meant to think when the 'answer to our problems' is allegedly about 10 stone overweight and can't even get a sniff in at the end of the season when the kids are getting a run out?

I was optimistic about him as thought he just needed more game time to properly judge him but there's clearly  a massive issue with him so not going to hold my breath on him turning out to be a good player for us.

14 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Sorry - we are still allowing the huns to buy players on credit from us?

Are we ****ing idiots?

Also - all those wanting Lafferty back are happy with the potential negative impact on our squad and the fact that our senior players actively dislike him?

Buying players on credit is fairly standard practice in football, we do it ourselves.

If Rangers were to do another flip we would still get paid as it's a football debt, it's the face painters and balloon modelers who get shafted.

1 minute ago, Morph said:

I think the club has done all the writing off.  What else are the fans meant to think when the 'answer to our problems' is allegedly about 10 stone overweight and can't even get a sniff in at the end of the season when the kids are getting a run out?

I was optimistic about him as thought he just needed more game time to properly judge him but there's clearly  a massive issue with him so not going to hold my breath on him turning out to be a good player for us.

Fair enough, but look at Ryan Edwards. Sent out on loan without playing a first team game and couldn’t get a sniff, despite our injury list, until the last few games of the season. Then ended up starting and scoring in the Cup final.

I guess we’ll see.

Unknown user
14 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Old rangers' football debts were paid as a condition of getting their license, neither they nor the rangers owe us money for Wallace.

10 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Fair enough, but look at Ryan Edwards. Sent out on loan without playing a first team game and couldn’t get a sniff, despite our injury list, until the last few games of the season. Then ended up starting and scoring in the Cup final.

I guess we’ll see.

I don't want to write him off at all, i think he hasn't been given anywhere near enough of a chance but just trying to be realistic.

He's been playing reserves i'm sure so there has to be some sort of shred of fitness there to get him on the pitch towards the end of the season but he still got nothing from Levein.  I'm looking at it as he'll likely never play for the club again which is a shame because whatever has went on hasn't really been handled the best IMO.

Robbo-Jambo
15 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Although you could say after 4 or 5 months of getting his fitness levels up he couldn't even manage a place on the bench when Naismith and Keena have been out long term and Uche was struggling with an injury as well.

Its not exactly looking good but suppose we will have to wait and see  how it pans out over the summer.

The whole scenario has been a bit strange since he arrived tbh.

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Old rangers' football debts were paid as a condition of getting their license, neither they nor the rangers owe us money for Wallace.

Fair enough, I must've missed that somewhere along the line. I lost interest in Glasgow Rangers after they went into liquidation and have never read anything about them since Rangers 2012 were formed and admitted to League 2. But this lot should still be brought to task IF they still owe money for Lafferty. They get away with far too much just because they think they can. If it was Hearts owing a club money you can bet your bottom dollar we'd be pulled up for it.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Fair enough, I must've missed that somewhere along the line. I lost interest in Glasgow Rangers after they went into liquidation and have never read anything about them since Rangers 2012 were formed and admitted to League 2. But this lot should still be brought to task IF they still owe money for Lafferty. They get away with far too much just because they think they can. If it was Hearts owing a club money you can bet your bottom dollar we'd be pulled up for it.

I don't think Ann Budge is daft enough to be hoodwinked over transfer fees and even if she was she would be letting everybody know that they owe us money. 

16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I don't think Ann Budge is daft enough to be hoodwinked over transfer fees and even if she was she would be letting everybody know that they owe us money. 

Yes, you'd hope so mate.

1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Total rubbish....spouting nonsense...funny you have no interest then post about them...oh 

and there are a few posts in which you mention the club you claim to have no interest in..funny that

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Total rubbish....spouting nonsense...funny you have no interest then post about them...oh 

and there are a few posts in which you mention the club you claim to have no interest in..funny that

Had some good post chats recently, unfortunately there's always the odd one. I talk about all clubs, not just Hearts, more-so if something directly affects us. They, along with their other half of the same arse from the other end of the M8, are a club I despise, and IF we are still owed money for Lafferty then Ann should get it sorted out, don't you think? Always one trying to look for something that isn't there to try to be controversial and failing miserably, and re-reading your reply, still can't work out what the hell you're waffling about to be honest.

SuperstarSteve

I can see why folk would want him back. I was raging when he left, no striker was getting 19 goals like he did. 

It was crazy some fans wanting the whole lafferty fee spent on getting vanaceck in early. 

Same fans then moan about how much money we waste on players, couldn’t make it up really. 

Personally don’t want him back and i’m pretty positive he won’t be anywhere near this club again. 

4 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

I can see why folk would want him back. I was raging when he left, no striker was getting 19 goals like he did. 

It was crazy some fans wanting the whole lafferty fee spent on getting vanaceck in early. 

Same fans then moan about how much money we waste on players, couldn’t make it up really. 

Personally don’t want him back and i’m pretty positive he won’t be anywhere near this club again. 

Aye, it was disappointing when he decided to leave, especially after that cracking goal that him and Uche created against Celtic. It's been a lot of years since we had someone who'd scored as many in one season. Still think if it wasn't that lot that came in for him he would've still been here, said he was happy to finish his career here after what the club did for him. Maybe thought one last big contract at his age from the club he supported was too much of a pull. Not sure he'd be welcome back again so probably best he quits while he's ahead regards Hearts.

Heartsofgold
4 hours ago, graygo said:

Good apart from the fact that they did pay for Wallace.

Not the full originally agreed transfer fee they didn't!!!  They came to us when we were in deep shit and offered a lump sum in lieu of the remaining staggered payments  if memory serves it was £100,000 LESS than the staggered payments total.  We accepted as we needed cash quick.

Here's the story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21539704

Edited by Heartsofgold

It’ll be a loan if he comes back as he’ll not walk away from the wages he’s on and I can’t see anyone buying him. I loved him first time round but hearing how little he cares about not playing every week is disgusting and not sure I want him back now.