Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

mellors1874

apparently he is speaking to rangers next week to agree a release from his contract 

if he wants to come back he can be on his knees begging 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

johnthomas
5 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

apparently he is speaking to rangers next week to agree a release from his contract 

if he wants to come back he can be on his knees begging 

Will , I think , get a lucrative contract elsewhere . Maybe USA ?

Talented player who , so often , just can't be arsed . 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, jambonian said:

Aye, it was disappointing when he decided to leave, especially after that cracking goal that him and Uche created against Celtic. It's been a lot of years since we had someone who'd scored as many in one season. Still think if it wasn't that lot that came in for him he would've still been here, said he was happy to finish his career here after what the club did for him. Maybe thought one last big contract at his age from the club he supported was too much of a pull. Not sure he'd be welcome back again so probably best he quits while he's ahead regards Hearts.

To correct the record here slightly, he did not “decide” anything it was Hearts decision to sell him - primarily a levein and Budge decision to negotiate a sale, a wrong and extremely costly wrong decision for which they should be held absolutely accountable.

We had the player under contract so irrespective of toys getting chucked out of prams, it was Hearts management decision to sell him. He was not a free agent and had no power to decide anything. 

With our chronic lack of goals over this season and 5 defeats from 5 against Celtic since he left including the 2 biggest games Hearts have played had since 2012, if we had lafferty who had a nack for scoring against them we could have had 2x trophies this year instead it’s ?? to the management who thought we’d be alright with Maclean and Vanacek, and paid 6 figure sums for both Wighton and Clare. I’d happily release all 4 of those players in favour of having 1 Kyle Lafferty. He scored about 4x as many goals as the 4 of them combined - that squad management deserves absolute pelters. 

Kyle Lafferty would have been worth his weight in gold for Hearts this season and I for one am still absolutely raging we sold him. Goalscorers are absolute gold dust in football, so rare, at Hearts especially. An idiotic decision to sell him, and equally incompetent attempts to replace him. We should have just kept him, told him to see out his contract, keep his form up and go away up the M8 as a free transfer this summer.

In this debate I can’t understand why people are completely ignoring the amount of goals scored by Naismith in essentially half a season AND the fact that he is a complete team player.

19 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

To correct the record here slightly, he did not “decide” anything it was Hearts decision to sell him - primarily a levein and Budge decision to negotiate a sale, a wrong and extremely costly wrong decision for which they should be held absolutely accountable.

We had the player under contract so irrespective of toys getting chucked out of prams, it was Hearts management decision to sell him. He was not a free agent and had no power to decide anything. 

With our chronic lack of goals over this season and 5 defeats from 5 against Celtic since he left including the 2 biggest games Hearts have played had since 2012, if we had lafferty who had a nack for scoring against them we could have had 2x trophies this year instead it’s ?? to the management who thought we’d be alright with Maclean and Vanacek, and paid 6 figure sums for both Wighton and Clare. I’d happily release all 4 of those players in favour of having 1 Kyle Lafferty. He scored about 4x as many goals as the 4 of them combined - that squad management deserves absolute pelters. 

Kyle Lafferty would have been worth his weight in gold for Hearts this season and I for one am still absolutely raging we sold him. Goalscorers are absolute gold dust in football, so rare, at Hearts especially. An idiotic decision to sell him, and equally incompetent attempts to replace him. We should have just kept him, told him to see out his contract, keep his form up and go away up the M8 as a free transfer this summer.

Excellent post. He clearly stated it’s up to the clubs to decide his future. His allegiance to the Huns was never in question. We rolled over and sold him. The peach he scored against them at Murrayfield puts paid to his attitude. When he’s on the park he plays to win. 

Forever Hearts
11 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

In this debate I can’t understand why people are completely ignoring the amount of goals scored by Naismith in essentially half a season AND the fact that he is a complete team player.

We're discussing Lafferty. 

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

We're discussing Lafferty. 

People keep on saying we’ll never get another 19 goal a season player. We have one!

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

People keep on saying we’ll never get another 19 goal a season player. We have one!

Two would be even better. And Naismith scoring 19 goals a season is very much dependent on his suspect fitness issues. 

tokyowalnut
31 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He was only going to be here 1 season if he did well, that was agreed and we made money from it. He has done nothing since he left us. Had we insisted on keeping him when Rangers were after him I have no doubt he would've done nothing here as well.

Edited by tokyowalnut

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Not the full originally agreed transfer fee they didn't!!!  They came to us when we were in deep shit and offered a lump sum in lieu of the remaining staggered payments  if memory serves it was £100,000 LESS than the staggered payments total.  We accepted as we needed cash quick.

Here's the story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21539704

They hardly "shafted" us then did they?

johnthomas
9 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Excellent post. He clearly stated it’s up to the clubs to decide his future. His allegiance to the Huns was never in question. We rolled over and sold him. The peach he scored against them at Murrayfield puts paid to his attitude. When he’s on the park he plays to win. 

Naive nonsense .

You and the other innocent one appear to have absolutely no idea how football operates

7 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

We could have had two.

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

???? up there with one of the worst, and most error filled posts I've seen on here! 

Away and polish you flute with your union Jack ?

Original. Zzzzzzzzzz....

If we are offered Lafferty on similar terms to before that fits within our wage structure then we would be mad to turn it down.  The player knows the club, majority of the team and scored goals in a very poor team.  Of course there is baggage that comes with him but that also is one of his plus points - he's a player that rival fans hate, he gets under their skin and thrives off of it.  

Absolute Scenes
35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

These are all very fair and valid points mate....

....Except management didn't choose to sell him, they had no choice.  Lafferty touted for a move and this is common knowledge, he was desperate to move to them. So should they have gone against the players wishes, potentially breaching a footballers rights to a transfer request?

Levein even says in an interview that Lafferty was hassling to get him to Rangers. If we had kept him against his wishes, we would be looking at Jamie Walker MK2

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Utter tripe

He flashed his kegs for a move and couldn't wait. Look at the celebration, not even a twitch.

21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye, we could've really done with him this season, I said at the time it was wrong to let him go and I was also raging about it. I thought that losing him upfront could well cost Hearts a higher  finishing place and pay-out from the League regards positions and a potential Euro spot, another area for making some money. All added up together wouldn't have made much, if any difference in whatever transfer fee money we would get. Hearts could've told him he was going nowhere but when Rangers 2012 came in for him it turned his head, the chance of a big contract at that stage of his career at his favourite club was too much of a pull. I'm sure Ann and/or Craig said at the time they would've preferred to keep him but agreed to the transfer so as not to keep an unhappy player. When they came in for him, he decided himself that it was what he wanted and if the transfer wasn't agreed, he'd likely have put in a transfer request. Either way, he decided himself he wanted to go back there. But yes, we could've done with him this season, especially after all the injury problems to the likes of Naismith and Uche. I think most fans would've been happy for him to see out his contract then bugger off along the M8 or anywhere else that took his fancy afterwards.

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

Old rangers' football debts were paid as a condition of getting their license, neither they nor the rangers owe us money for Wallace.

Yep, it’s a recurring myth.  Mind you we had to wait a while for payment. 

Forever Hearts
13 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Utter tripe

He flashed his kegs for a move and couldn't wait. Look at the celebration, not even a twitch.

What did you want? Cartwheels? He showed his former club respect and that was up to him. Much the same as Paul Hartley showed us respect whenever he was back at Tynecastle with Celtic. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

What did you want? Cartwheels? He showed his former club respect and that was up to him. Much the same as Paul Hartley showed us respect whenever he was back at Tynecastle with Celtic. 

What are you on about? Pretty sure I wasn't directing anything at you, have a read of this monstrocity as it was aimed here

56 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This post shows yet another "fan" trying to use anything to beat our management with. Pathetic

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

What are you on about? Pretty sure I wasn't directing anything at you, have a read of this monstrocity as it was aimed at here

It's pretty obvious what I'm on about. You commented on his lack of celebration at Murrayfield and I replied. 

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

The fact that Naismith was injured for most of the season is why we lacked goals...hence losing Lafferty meant both goal scorers were missed

59 minutes ago, Hercules said:

I understood when we had him here it was on the basis that he could leave after one season if he had an offer he wanted to pursue.

Id thought that was his incentive to play for us and we'd both benefit.

48 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Aye, we could've really done with him this season, I said at the time it was wrong to let him go and I was also raging about it. I thought that losing him upfront could well cost Hearts a higher  finishing place and pay-out from the League regards positions and a potential Euro spot, another area for making some money. All added up together wouldn't have made much, if any difference in whatever transfer fee money we would get. Hearts could've told him he was going nowhere but when Rangers 2012 came in for him it turned his head, the chance of a big contract at that stage of his career at his favourite club was too much of a pull. I'm sure Ann and/or Craig said at the time they would've preferred to keep him but agreed to the transfer so as not to keep an unhappy player. When they came in for him, he decided himself that it was what he wanted and if the transfer wasn't agreed, he'd likely have put in a transfer request. Either way, he decided himself he wanted to go back there. But yes, we could've done with him this season, especially after all the injury problems to the likes of Naismith and Uche. I think most fans would've been happy for him to see out his contract then bugger off along the M8 or anywhere else that took his fancy afterwards.

You forget the only reason he signed for us was that we agreed to sell him after a year if a club he was interested in wanted to sign him?

It was after his first year that the Norwich City money dried up. His severance package from Norwich was that he was still on £30k per month from them for 12 months.

Thats why we agreed he could move after a year when signing him.

Edited by Jammy T

4 minutes ago, stan said:

I understood when we had him here it was on the basis that he could leave after one season if he had an offer he wanted to pursue.

Id thought that was his incentive to play for us and we'd both benefit.

Correct. Confirmed in the press after his move.

14 minutes ago, stan said:

The fact that Naismith was injured for most of the season is why we lacked goals...hence losing Lafferty meant both goal scorers were missed

No - the fact that Naismith and Uche were both injured for a chunk of the season means we lacked goals, that and Vanacek clearly being some sort of couldn’t give a shit *******.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye he showed us a lot of respect at Tynecastle when Berra had a right go him at the final whistle.

Heartsofgold
1 hour ago, graygo said:

They hardly "shafted" us then did they?

They got out of paying us £100k due to our dire situation.  Yes, they shafted us.

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye he showed us a lot of respect at Tynecastle when Berra had a right go him at the final whistle.

He acted like a tosser that day. I was merely replying to the Murrayfield post. 

21 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Some posting on here (especially those wanting him back) should read their posts when he was set to leave

Quicker U turns than you see in the Fast and Furious movies

I was quite happy to sell him; on the proviso we tried to replace him.

Given we haven't, I'd be happy enough to see him back.

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

I didn't realise wanting Lafferty back meant not wanting Naismith ???

Anyway you make a valid point...half a season. We need to have goals scored for the whole season unfortunately.

1 hour ago, stan said:

Plus the fact we replaced Lafferty with Wighton.

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

He didn't show us any respect when he went charging up to their fans at the end of the game at Tynecastle. Would not want him at our club again.

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

He didn't show us any respect when he went charging up to their fans at the end of the game at Tynecastle. Would not want him at our club again.

I've already said he acted like a tosser that day. Much the same as Pressley did on his return with Celtic. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

This is what happens when a player does not fit in with the "image" that Hearts as a club are portraying and desperately trying to achieve. KL is batshit crazy and absolutely not what Hearts are all about nowadays. 

Image is everything to Hearts and KL was a sacrifice worth making to keep us in the "We are the nicest fans in the world and are quite happy to let fans of any other club behave as they please on our patch as we are above all of that don't you know."  Hearts image may have possibly cost us goals, trophies and SPL place money but we are prepared to sacrifice this for our image and image alone.

Edited by 7628mm

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

This is what happens when a player does not fit in with the "image" that Hearts as a club are portraying and desperately trying to achieve. KL is batshit crazy and absolutely not what Hearts are all about nowadays. 

Image is everything to Hearts and KL was a sacrifice worth making to keep us in the "We are the nicest fans in the world and are quite happy to let fans of any other club behave as they please on our patch as we are above all of that don't you know."  Hearts image may have possibly cost us goals, trophies and SPL place money but we are prepared to sacrifice this for our image and image alone.

Bollocks. KL was not worth the care and maintenance required to keep him on the straight and narrow. He was no longer committed to the club and his lifestyle reduced his value. The club was right to cash in.

Bridge of Djoum

Kyle Lafferty the 19 goal striker? Yep, it’s a “no brainer”. We need a regular goal scorer. 

Kyle Lafferty the person? GTF. 

Leaves me in quite the quandary I can tell you. 

9 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

And this is why I was so happy we sold him 

Bridge of Djoum
6 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Total rubbish....spouting nonsense...funny you have no interest then post about them...oh 

and there are a few posts in which you mention the club you claim to have no interest in..funny that

The mask slips, ever further.

Sierra Delta

Good player for us when he was here, jumped at the opportunity to return to Rangers and made an arse of that. His attitude is shocking and I don't imagine he's a great influence off the pitch. 

No thank you. 

Would take him in a heartbeat! Scored goals in big games and Austin McPhee looked after him. Least none of his off field antics hit the media whilst at tynie

His off field antics have been going on for at least 10 years, Budge will know this, he won't be back, if it was for football reasons defo, but carries too much baggage.

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

His off field antics have been going on for at least 10 years, Budge will know this, he won't be back, if it was for football reasons defo, but carries too much baggage.

She signed him 2 years ago ,made money of him what's different now

Forever Hearts

I could put up with baggage if he's sticking the ball in the onion bag 19 times a season. 

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

And by all accounts the baggage has got much heavier during the time he has been away. His gambling was out of hand, by all accounts it is out of both hands now.

Edited by portobellojambo1

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

I could put up with baggage if he's sticking the ball in the onion bag 19 times a season. 

Give me two strikers that could do that and we'd have a strike force

1 hour ago, Heartsofgold said:

They got out of paying us £100k due to our dire situation.  Yes, they shafted us.

Your definition of shafted and mine differ then.

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

And by all accounts the baggage has got much heavier during the time he has been away. His gambling was out of hand, by all accounts it is out of both hands now.

Which means he never learns. He won't be anywhere near Hearts which is very good news indeed.

Robbo-Jambo
56 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Vanacek is not exactly fitted in like a glove has he.