Kyle Lafferty.

skwif1

I really doubt we'll see him back tbh. That ship sailed about 9 months ago and shows no sign of returning.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Robbo-Jambo

• Jammy T

• Cruyff Turn

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

You’re more Inspector Gadget than Poirot but oh you’ve got me real good their mate.

Checkmate you clever little rascal.

Do a search. I’ve quoted the £30k a month from Norwich a few times in the last few months.

I’ve been entirely consistent - well until you and Shaggy caught me out good and proper today. 

If if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.

I haven't read the whole thread, didn't know it was mandatory.

At the end of the day you're the one who PMSL'd at another poster and made an arse of it. I'd have more respect if you'd just held your hands up instead of denying it and lashing out at me

Edited by Smithee

Hectormasson
Just now, boag1874 said:

I really doubt we'll see him back tbh. That ship sailed about 9 months ago and shows no sign of returning.

As long as we get someone who can bang goals in,double figures , maybe a fit naisy? Or someone new ,who cares ,a new season, a new challenge !

7 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Eiither. You called him a bigoted prick and I asked you for evidence. Got any yet? 

No, none at all.

My mistake, it’s perfectly normal to raise the palm of your hand, (you know exactly what I mean) to the Celtic support and not be implying anything.

Don't you?

42 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I didn’t mention anything about £15k - apparently we were paying him that says some cad on here. Excuse me if I ignore such pish.

I don't care if you believe me. 

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I haven't read the whole thread, didn't know it was mandatory.

At the end of the day you're the one who PMSL'd at another poster and made an arse of it. I'd have more respect if you'd just held your hands up instead of denying it and lashing out at me

I did admit it Miss Marple

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

No, none at all.

My mistake, it’s perfectly normal to raise the palm of your hand, (you know exactly what I mean) to the Celtic support and not be implying anything.

Don't you?

Ffs, is that it? ?

A man from Northern Ireland mimicking the flag of, erm, Northern Ireland in front of fans who give him dogs abuse on and off the pitch? Were you all offended along with those cuddly Tims? 

Unknown user
Just now, Jammy T said:

I did admit it Miss Marple

Yeah, once you realised there was CCTV footage, 5 witnesses and DNA evidence. A regular honest Abe!

But whatever, I don't care that much, i don't mind if you reassure yourself that big bad Smithee's a pedant, that's what went wrong here. 

Heartsofgold
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Your definition of shafted and mine differ then.

They took advantage of our financial woes and broke the original contract in their own favour.  How is that not shafting us?

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

They took advantage of our financial woes and broke the original contract in their own favour.  How is that not shafting us?

Because we had a choice, they actually did us a favour.

Unknown user
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

They didn't break the contract, they offered an early settlement and we accepted it.

It was good business from the rangers and a very welcome cash injection for us.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Because we had a choice, they actually did us a favour.

Just now, Smithee said:

They didn't break the contract, they offered an early settlement and we accepted it.

It was good business from the rangers and a very welcome cash injection for us.

Sorry, but I think we need to agree to disagree on this point.

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

No problem, that's allowed.  :thumbsup: 

Unknown user

Fair enough, but I reckon the majority would agree that a mutually beneficial deal that we agreed to isn't being shafted and that the rangers don't owe us anything for Wallace. 

6 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, once you realised there was CCTV footage, 5 witnesses and DNA evidence. A regular honest Abe!

But whatever, I don't care that much, i don't mind if you reassure yourself that big bad Smithee's a pedant, that's what went wrong here. 

I was right about Carstairs

Why the deranged weirdo act?

Unknown user
Just now, Jammy T said:

I was right about Carstairs

Why the deranged weirdo act?

Because you're insecure?

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Fair enough, but I reckon the majority would agree that a mutually beneficial deal that we agreed to isn't being shafted and that the rangers don't owe us anything for Wallace. 

One company taking advantage of the impending administration of another party isn’t being shafted?

You are on fire today Stormy.

Heartsofgold
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I 1005 agree they don't owe us anything, never thought otherwise.  i just think they took advantage of the financial situation that we were in at the time.

Just now, Smithee said:

Because you're insecure?

I think even my biggest queue of critics on here wouldn’t have ‘being insecure’ as one of my traits Kim.

Unknown user

I 1005 agree they don't owe us anything, never thought otherwise.  i just think they took advantage of the financial situation that we were in at the time.

They did, and we took advantage of their willingness to hand over a few sheckles, but that's business for you. Acted to their benefit yes, shafted us no. IMO.

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Not at all, I enjoy debating about Hearts. I was actually credited yesterday by a poster for my civil debating style and the fact that the discussion had not descended into the usual personal abuse, that's become so prevalent of late. I would agree that I am a reactionary poster, meaning that I write in response to posts that I believe to be incorrect or unfair but attempt to do so in a cordial manner.

This is how Kickback was in the early days. Felt more like a chat/debate with mates in the pub than the mud slinging it is now, not just JKB though - all sense of cordial debate has disappeared. 

I think one of the major factors is that you can't tell tone. Comments, which can be meant as jovial or sarcasm can often be taken as offensive without it being intended. That and the ability to be anonymous means it quickly descends to the level we often see. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I think even my biggest queue of critics on here wouldn’t have ‘being insecure’ as one of my traits Kim.

I'll leave you to it, this is very boring, for everyone else too I'm sure! If you need a hug, PM me, if you want to keep digging I'll lend you a spade, you'll get there quicker. 

Tot straks jongen!

Mr Elwood P
33 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Why so condescending and arrogant about Internet type talk then just because you don't like it whereas it doesn't seem to bother other folk. 

I find it frustrating when people use 'end of' in an attempt to abruptly curtail a debate. It doesn't add any weight to your opinion or validate your side of the argument. You perhaps are ITK, but only time will tell. If Lafferty signs for another club, that will be 'end of'. Until then speculators shall speculate.

p.s.

If I was being condescending and arrogant I would be suggesting some punctuation for the above sentence, but I shan't. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

This is how Kickback was in the early days. Felt more like a chat/debate with mates in the pub than the mud slinging it is now, not just JKB though - all sense of cordial debate has disappeared. 

I think one of the major factors is that you can't tell tone. Comments, which can be meant as jovial or sarcasm can often be taken as offensive without it being intended. That and the ability to be anonymous means it quickly descends to the level we often see. 

I think also that people don't know how to disagree any more. Far too often it turns to insults and ridicule for not seeing things the same way, and things just escalate from there. 

We've all been guilty of it I'm sure

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

FFS - he was injured for 4 months

Are people on here on day release from Carstairs?

Played a similar number of games...

Hectormasson
58 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Ffs, is that it? ?

A man from Northern Ireland mimicking the flag of, erm, Northern Ireland in front of fans who give him dogs abuse on and off the pitch? Were you all offended along with those cuddly Tims? 

Biggest reason I wanted him to stay is because of his exploits against the Tim's, weve no one that could lay a finger on them since he went, but some folk on here would make him look like some kind of untouchable ???ok he f....d off ,but he done and could still do a job for hearts.

5 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Biggest reason I wanted him to stay is because of his exploits against the Tim's, weve no one that could lay a finger on them since he went, but some folk on here would make him look like some kind of untouchable ???ok he f....d off ,but he done and could still do a job for hearts.

Just state the truth and be done with it....hiding behind fake reasons does you no favours

Sad that there are people like this in our support these days

Hectormasson
4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Just state the truth and be done with it....hiding behind fake reasons does you no favours

Sad that there are people like this in our support these days

State what truth ??

Hectormasson
Just now, Hectormasson said:

State what truth ??

He was my favourite player him and naisy ??? What the f

...k is wrong with that ,? 

1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Why's everybody arguing ?????

??‍♂️ Its JKB and its becoming an extension of the hilarious fb fan pages

8 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The club and management had to put up with him for 12 months and now know how much hard work he is?

19 goals is worth it .. sure he's only 2 goals behind uche in the league and he only played one or 2 games . 

Goals win games and are hard to come by 

2 minutes ago, jambocub said:

19 goals is worth it .. sure he's only 2 goals behind uche in the league and he only played one or 2 games . 

Goals win games and are hard to come by 

That's my take.  If the club think he's trouble they won't touch him but if not, I think they'll be interested.

There cant be anyone on here who doesn't think we need to score more goals.

He scores them.

been here before
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The Red Hand Gang is an American live-action Saturday morning television series that aired on NBCfrom September 10 to November 26, 1977. The show featured five crime-solving pre-teens and their dog Boomer, who lived in the inner city. The group was so named because its members left red hand prints on fences to mark where they had been.

Wikipedia - some of us must remember this??

Ahhh I remember that.

Had a dead catchy theme tune ans a wee black guy with glasses called Doc who was played by an actor called James Bond.

I think there was another laddie calked JR who had his name on his tshirt.

Being the mid 70s quite a bit of skateboarding 

9 hours ago, Jammy T said:

The Red Hand Gang is an American live-action Saturday morning television series that aired on NBCfrom September 10 to November 26, 1977. The show featured five crime-solving pre-teens and their dog Boomer, who lived in the inner city. The group was so named because its members left red hand prints on fences to mark where they had been.

Wikipedia - some of us must remember this??

I remember it. Older kids at school would ask if you wanted to join the red hand gang. If the answer was yes you were promptly slapped in the kisser. 

Edit: on topic, I'd take Lafferty back. 

Edited by martoon

I think if we could get Lafferty on a good deal wage wise I think he is worth the gamble. Yes he might be a loose cannon with issues but he scores goals and I think Lafferty, Naismith and Uche would be quite a set up.

we don’t know the ins and outs of his time with us but if he is as bad as some say regarding upsetting the team then fair enough stay away from him. 

Just now, Mdoug79 said:

I think if we could get Lafferty on a good deal wage wise I think he is worth the gamble. Yes he might be a loose cannon with issues but he scores goals and I think Lafferty, Naismith and Uche would be quite a set up.

we don’t know the ins and outs of his time with us but if he is as bad as some say regarding upsetting the team then fair enough stay away from him. 

Agree with all of that

Robbo-Jambo
10 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I find it frustrating when people use 'end of' in an attempt to abruptly curtail a debate. It doesn't add any weight to your opinion or validate your side of the argument. You perhaps are ITK, but only time will tell. If Lafferty signs for another club, that will be 'end of'. Until then speculators shall speculate.

p.s.

If I was being condescending and arrogant I would be suggesting some punctuation for the above sentence, but I shan't. 

Well you just did obviously.

So I will  rest my case, unless it is some sort of wit from your good self.

13 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Why didn’t he start or play in many games?

Because they have Morelos and Defoe upfront 

Lafferty proved he can still play well in the SPFL when he was with us.  He chose more money and his boyhood hero’s over us.  Anyone on here would do the same IMO. 

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Mdoug79 said:

Uche up top with Naismith and Lafferty playing as the behind him would moisten my under garments to ridiculous degree

Lafferty comes with baggage, you can't get away from that. He requires lots of care and attention off the park as well. The trade off is he can bring you a goal and a spark in big games.

There are pros and cons. But let's be honest if Laff was fit this season when Uche went down we would have been in a much better position than we ended up in. 

On the fence. Only management know if he along with all that comes with him is a valuable signing

Burnt his bridges with us due to off field stuff.

Would be shocked if we even considered speaking to him never mind signing him. 

8 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Burnt his bridges with us due to off field stuff.

Would be shocked if we even considered speaking to him never mind signing him. 

Is there actually any concrete evidence about Lafferty and the backroom team at Hearts not seeing eye to eye etc?  On the face of it without the rumours he left Hearts very amicably and continues to work with our Assistant Manager on the international scene.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Well you just did obviously.

So I will  rest my case, unless it is some sort of wit from your good self.

Wit indeed!

17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Is there actually any concrete evidence about Lafferty and the backroom team at Hearts not seeing eye to eye etc?  On the face of it without the rumours he left Hearts very amicably and continues to work with our Assistant Manager on the international scene.

Yes and it was with Austin he had a few run ins with.

However it’s more to do with some disappointing things he did off the pitch

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

Yes and it was with Austin he had a few run ins with.

However it’s more to do with some disappointing things he did off the pitch

Fair enough, just wondered if it was Chinese whispers at play.  There's no doubt that controversy follows him, I'm sure the last thing Levein is looking for right now in a player is a disruptive one.

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Morph said:

Because they have Morelos and Defoe upfront 

Lafferty proved he can still play well in the SPFL when he was with us.  He chose more money and his boyhood hero’s over us.  Anyone on here would do the same IMO. 

Maybe they would but apart from money it has really not worked out well for him.

His problems have come back to haunt him once more.

If he had stayed with us with the help and support he was getting life might be more stable for him.

Money is not everything when looking at the big picture.