U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

Trump Rally Goes Horribly Wrong, Supporters SILENT. And also praises confederate generals during the civil war. As the presenter says, this stuff is entirely bizarre. Never before expected to be heard from anything but KKK.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Drama queens the world over uniting in their concern and sympathy:

‘I Feel Sorry for Americans’: A Baffled World Watches the U.S.

“The U.S.A. is a first-world country but it is acting like a third-world country,” said U Aung Thu Nyein, a political analyst in Myanmar.

. . .

“It reminds me of Belarus, when a person cannot admit defeat and looks for any means to prove that he couldn’t lose,” said Kiryl Kalbasnikau, a 29-year-old opposition activist and actor. “This would be a warning sign for any democracy.”

. . .

“They now know what it’s like in other countries: violating norms, international trade and its own institutions,” said Eunice Rendon, an expert on migration and security and the director of Migrant Agenda, a nonprofit organization in Mexico. “The most powerful country in the world all of a sudden looks vulnerable.”

It doesn't matter how powerful you are when you're rotting from within.

16 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

It doesn't matter how powerful you are when you're rotting from within.

I don't think the US is the most powerful country in the world anymore outside spending more on their military than anybody else. China is now pretty much matching them on size of economy and will from this point on overtake them. Massively so as time passes.

China has free higher education. One statistic of many from that. China is graduating half a million new engineers a year.

In the US you need to be wealthy or accrue a massive debt to get that level of education. They will remain a major player simply due to a large population but they're not going to remain the major player they were since WW2.

That's always been inevitable but it would appear many just can't accept reality. Hell we know vast swathes of the population don't exist in reality. Countless million of them exist in a fantasy reality where the Earth and all life on it is no more than 10,000 years old.

That alone is seeing them fall far behind not just China but Europe too in biotech industries which are going to be key in the future. They go for Trump and the MAGA drivel because they're trying to pretend the world isn't as it is.

48 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think the US is the most powerful country in the world anymore outside spending more on their military than anybody else. China is now pretty much matching them on size of economy and will from this point on overtake them. Massively so as time passes.

China has free higher education. One statistic of many from that. China is graduating half a million new engineers a year.

In the US you need to be wealthy or accrue a massive debt to get that level of education. They will remain a major player simply due to a large population but they're not going to remain the major player they were since WW2.

That's always been inevitable but it would appear many just can't accept reality. Hell we know vast swathes of the population don't exist in reality. Countless million of them exist in a fantasy reality where the Earth and all life on it is no more than 10,000 years old.

That alone is seeing them fall far behind not just China but Europe too in biotech industries which are going to be key in the future. They go for Trump and the MAGA drivel because they're trying to pretend the world isn't as it is.

Even if Biden wins the next election, the US is still on a very big decline.  As soon as the EU tighten up their tax laws, you will see lots of their big companies hugely drop in value.

The religious side, as you have mentioned, is also a big deal.  The US seems to be regressing faster than any other country.  This is mainly down to religious nutjobs that don't believe in things like climate change.

By the looks of the way Covid is spreading freely, there may not be much population left.  They are still on their first wave.

Also, there is a huge division across the country that won't be fixed for decades.   I still predict a state to declare independence from the USA in the next 20+ years.  Probably California.  If the Trump stays in power, Trumpy Junior (Either one) will be next, and that could speed up the process.

Edited by Lovecraft

https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

Chance of winning
the electoral college
Chance of winning
the most votes
Predicted range of electoral college votes (270 to win)

Joe Biden
Democrat
around 6 in 7
or 85%
better than 19 in 20
or 97%
213-415

Donald Trump
Republican
around 1 in 7
or 14%
less than 1 in 20
or 3%
123-325
Edited by Lovecraft

17 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

I still predict a state to declare independence from the USA in the next 20+ years.  Probably California.  If the Trump stays in power, Trumpy Junior (Either one) will be next, and that could speed up the process.

I don't know if that's even possible but without California they're sinking fast. California is their tech industry. California is 25% of the entire US economy.

The Trumpets are derisive of the 'libs' in California. These same 'libs' who are bankrolling their social security. 

4 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't know if that's even possible but without California they're sinking fast. California is their tech industry. California is 25% of the entire US economy.

The Trumpets are derisive of the 'libs' in California. These same 'libs' who are bankrolling their social security. 

https://www.encyclopedia.com/law/legal-and-political-magazines/tenth-amendment

Truth is a fluid commodity in much of today’s journalism.

The party line is the highest calling for the 21st century media as it defends and diverts unwanted narrative and flak from their prescribed agendas.

True liberty comes from truth. But for the untrue word to flourish and thrive the lie replaces the truth using censorship and oppression.

The msm complicit in silencing deviants who question the prescriptive narrative, also manipulate the tools of ridicule and exaggeration of character to sustain the lie.

Reporting and characterisation of the perpetrators involved in the ‘peaceful riots, arsons and killings’ recent to the streets; Biden’s gaffes and inability to communicate without the use of a teleprompter; (Imagine Biden was a Republican) Tear and temper tantrums over the election of a new judge, simply bring into the light the corrupt and twisted narrative viewed on a daily basis. As served up by the leftist media.

This brings me to Sky News Australia, telling it how it really is.

7 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

The party line is the highest calling for the 21st century media as it defends and diverts unwanted narrative and flak from their prescribed agendas.

True liberty comes from truth. But for the untrue word to flourish and thrive the lie replaces the truth using censorship and oppression.

The msm complicit in silencing deviants who question the prescriptive narrative, also manipulate the tools of ridicule and exaggeration of character to sustain the lie.

Reporting and characterisation of the perpetrators involved in the ‘peaceful riots, arsons and killings’ recent to the streets; Biden’s gaffes and inability to communicate without the use of a teleprompter; (Imagine Biden was a Republican) Tear and temper tantrums over the election of a new judge, simply bring into the light the corrupt and twisted narrative viewed on a daily basis. As served up by the leftist media.

I don't  think you have the first idea what truth is. You salivate over an obvious idiot very possibly compromised by Putin who has a recorded 22,000 plus lies to date. And you talk about truth? 

And left wing media while all you have ever done is produce not just right wing media but even extreme right wing? And not for the first time bringing Australian commentary in here while having the nerve to talk about left wing media?

Sky news Australia.

Sky News has been described as having a "split personality," running straight news bulletins and reporting during the day with professional and independent journalists and presenters, while moving towards "right-leaning punditry" in prime time.

Drawing some comparison to Fox News, the network began moving towards panel-based programming from 2010, with many of its highest profile prime time commentators conservative.

Hosts Andrew Bolt and Paul Murray have been compared to Fox News presenters Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity respectively.

Sparkling recommendation. Being compared to O'Reilly and Hannity.

Overall, we rate Hannity.com Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on poor sourcing, promotion of propaganda, and conspiracy theories as well as numerous failed fact checks. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/hannity-com/

How the Australian version of Sky News became home for the far-right

If you truly believe all this shite you spout you have no connection to reality. And absolutely zero relation to any truth. If this is really you then you wouldn't be out of place whooping like a moron at a Trump rally. It would appear you have no idea how much of a fool you're making yourself look here. As they don't.

45 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

I have no dispute with your comment that reporters can deliberately or by oversight tell a story that suits their own particular purpose. But I find it difficult to accept when I watch the President of the United States on unedited televison say he if there are ballots involved will not concede to a peaceful exchange of power. , I shudder. When I see Trump criticise Biden for use of teleprompters when his are so obvious during his rallies, again I wonder, but when even with the aid of such he manages to go off script and ramble. He sat all last week and said his new Health Care plan would be out immediately, actually what came out was a non descript Executive Order. He ridicules Bidens vocabulary and almost stutter, but has the balls to stand and talk about Yosemight, despite the fact he had pre available notes to study and rehearse. And lies pour out of his mouth with the speed and force of Niagara Falls. He is an uncouth, coward, who failed to serve when his Country god forbid, needed him, he has failed to provide his tax returns obviously because of incriminating content, his behaviour,  adultery, lies, racism, are all against the Commandments of the very God he calls upon, and just for clarification in fairness to him and others I watch Hannity, Carlson, Judge whats her name and others on Fox, I am an equal opportunities advocate. Other than these failings I may if some contrary evidence was produced might even get to like him.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/biden-was-looking-a-tv-screen-not-a-teleprompter/

US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

"This 'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary,'" the ruling said.

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Tucker Carlson Shreds Trump on Broken Promises

So in other words, according to current US case law, anyone who does not 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements Carlson makes is unreasonable.

Edit: And, this is Fox News' legally argued position . . . about its own viewership :rofl:

Edited by Justin Z

19 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

US District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil agreed with Fox's premise, adding that the network "persuasively argues" that "given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements he makes."

"This 'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary,'" the ruling said.

Fox News won a court case by 'persuasively' arguing that no 'reasonable viewer' takes Tucker Carlson seriously

Tucker Carlson Shreds Trump on Broken Promises

So in other words, according to current US case law, anyone who does not 'arrive with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statements Carlson makes is unreasonable.

Edit: And, this is Fox News' legally argued position . . . about its own viewership :rofl:

Something along the same lines was argued by Alex Jones lawyers in his divorce case. His wife was contesting sole custody of the kids and stating in court that he's an obvious nutcase not fit to be around them.

As evidence her lawyers introduced the utter batshit crazy shite he talks on that insanity platform he calls a show. Played clips of his raving insanity.

His lawyers argued that wasn't to be taken seriously, that it was just a show and nothing said on it was intended to be anything but entertainment.

Yet you can see above there that there are some, who comically talk about "truth", while not only taking these wackos seriously but actually bringing their wackiness here as 'proof' of his 'truth'.

Which is exactly why I said.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It would appear you have no idea how much of a fool you're making yourself look here.

If you still find yourself wondering why folk are not beating down the doors to vote Trump out. Not even a thousand pounds to last people the better part of a year. £1.2 trillion to bail out corporations.

image.png.08649334562b191ad0a72f3b7522025c.png

Link to article

There are insidious dark forces manipulating America and its population. 

Trump, Bush and Reagan were and are manifestations of it. 

120040774_5252444144766521_2862506362240225915_n.png

I see there are tax revelations on Trump by New York Times coming out, apparently he's a total fake with a sham net worth bleeding real tax payers. Who'dda thunk it.

I don't have  a subscription but this is breaking news

"

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made."

image.thumb.png.76dd8b245ef60d752ac14cdde296a9a0.png

Edited by RobboM

I’ve just read the NYT tax piece. If you want to read it make a mug of tea or open a bottle of wine as it’s a big article. 
Interesting stuff and if the sources are true disgraceful stuff. Donnie boy could be having to find a huge amount of money pretty soon. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/09/27/us/donald-trump-taxes.html

17 minutes ago, RobboM said:

"

Donald J. Trump paid $750 in federal income taxes the year he won the presidency. In his first year in the White House, he paid another $750.

He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years — largely because he reported losing much more money than he made."

You can read it without a subscription, just close the bar at the bottom asking you to sign up. I’d imagine you only get a very limited reads before it shuts you out. 

30 minutes ago, RobboM said:

"

He claimed $72m from the IRS ten years ago that is under some kind of investigation by them, dodgy as ***. 

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He claimed $72m from the IRS ten years ago that is under some kind of investigation by them, dodgy as ***. 

The crux of it that a large number of his companies are deliberately loss making so he can get tax exemption period for his other incomes. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’ve just read the NYT tax piece. If you want to read it make a mug of tea or open a bottle of wine as it’s a big article. 
Interesting stuff and if the sources are true disgraceful stuff. Donnie boy could be having to find a huge amount of money pretty soon. 

I have been working my way through it. It's been years since I believed he was a billionaire. Or a successful businessman. He may be ruined soon if he isn't re-elected. Ruined and in jail. I believe New York state is going to be pursuing him for tax evasion. Not avoidance, evasion. 

He's an egomaniac who wants to play the high finance business game but doesn't have the acumen or the money to do it. He's like Robert Maxwell in the no money to do it sense. Though Maxwell did have business acumen, Trump does not.

The noose is tightening around his neck.. A quote from another NY Times article published last week.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office, which has been locked in a yearlong legal battle with President Trump over obtaining his tax returns, suggested for the first time in a court filing on Monday that it had grounds to investigate him and his businesses for tax fraud.

Lawyers for Mr. Trump have said the subpoena should be blocked, calling it “wildly overbroad” and politically motivated. 

However, prosecutors listed news reports and public testimony that alleged misconduct by Mr. Trump and his businesses. The reports, prosecutors wrote, would justify a grand jury inquiry into a range of possible crimes, including tax and insurance fraud and falsification of business records. It was the first time the office had suggested tax fraud might be among the possible areas of investigation.

The president has said he expects the dispute over the subpoena will end up in the Supreme Court. “This is a continuation of the witch hunt, the greatest witch hunt in history,” Mr. Trump said last month.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/nyregion/donald-trump-taxes-cyrus-vance.html

He's cooked if he loses this election. I suspect the supreme court to make a legally sound decision on an out of office Trump no matter how he loads it up in the meantime. If they want to have any credibility at all that is. Which you have to suspect they do.

24 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The crux of it that a large number of his companies are deliberately loss making so he can get tax exemption period for his other incomes. 

He's claiming they are making losses by massively undervaluing and lying about everything which is why the IRS are looking into it. 

He's ****ed.  He knows he's ****ed.

Expect violence.

Anyone with at least half a brain can tell the guy is thick is ****.  Like, really.  I'm all for conspiracies and stuff, but anyone thinking Trump is anything but an idiot stooge, is.... well... a ****ing idiot.

He is a con man FFS.  Always has been.  You usually feel sorry for the people that are taking in by them, but his supporters are just too stupid to see.   It's really sad.  It is.

Trump supporters need some kind of intervention.  Problem is, the people doing it are likely to get shot.

Edited by Lovecraft

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
27 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He's ****ed.  He knows he's ****ed.

Expect violence.

Anyone with at least half a brain can tell the guy is thick is ****.  Like, really.  I'm all for conspiracies and stuff, but anyone thinking Trump is anything but an idiot stooge, is.... well... a ****ing idiot.

He is a con man FFS.  Always has been.  You usually feel sorry for the people that are taking in by them, but his supporters are just too stupid to see.   It's really sad.  It is.

Trump supporters need some kind of intervention.  Problem is, the people doing it are likely to get shot.

Spot on. This is where we're at. If he's going down, and we all know he is at some point, he won't go down without encouraging millions to fight for him. Truly terrifying stuff. 

One irony of it is that if he had just carried on with his regular scamming and TV show this likely wouldn't be happening. His only sister was angry when he became the candidate and then president because she's smarter than he is.

She knew all about the tax scamming because it goes all the way back to their father. She and her brothers scammed the government out of hundreds of million of capital transfer tax while their father lived then inheritance tax when their father died.

And when dumb Donnie went down this president path she knew it was ultimately going to attract scrupulous attention to their entire family and everything about them. Including their tax scamming. And here it is, exactly what his sister knew would happen. 

Claimed a $70k deductable for his hair stylist in the two years he coughed up 750 bucks in tax. I bet Sir David Murray wishes he thought of that scam when stiffing hmrc.

As if we didn't know it's going to the same old lines from Trump. 

Trump denied the Times's reporting during a press conference on Sunday, calling the story "totally fake news. The IRS does not treat me well."

Fake news, the IRS are in on it.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

If anyone wants to read the NYT story, and hasn't, here's a link.

Thanks for posting that. If I was the dems I would focus more on how the losses make him a loser. They must engage in his playground game to get rid of him. Stop all this if they go low we go high pish and really go for him. 

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Quite self-explanatory, really. He'll humiliate him. 

Ok I’ll take your word for it but as I said I don’t understand. Trumps only strength is flinging shit and throwing curve balls. Biden is in serious cognitive decline and I think Trump will expose this badly on Wednesday. 

Thankfully most Americans will have made their mind up before the debates. 

Edited by Des Lynam

4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ok I’ll take your word for it but as I said I don’t understand. Trumps only strength is flinging shit and throwing curve balls. Biden is in serious cognitive decline and I think Trump will expose this badly on Wednesday. 

Thankfully most Americans will have made their mind up before the debates. 

Trump is Dolly dimple and you'd only need an intellect of a starfish to outwit him. 

I'd noise trump right up the whole of the debates if I was Joe. 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

The numbers are quite something. Little revelations on Ivanka & Azerbaijan too.

4 more years...😐

Karma can’t come quick enough for his kids. 
The tax systems nationally and internationally must be overhauled. 

I think CNN and @JFK-1 will self combust if it’s four more years. 

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

I love America, great place to visit...I've family there in LA for example.

If they don't vote him out, or their Court hands him the win...I'm done. Won't visit the place until he's dead or gone. Sounds petty as **** even reading that back.

No I fully understand. Without being over dramatic it feels like a struggle between good vs evil. I go on about Biden but only cause I’m frustrated the Democrats have gambled with this election. America’s standing internationally is on the line. 

8 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Many Trump supporters are less Trump supporters and just Republicans who are conditioned to just oppose any Democratic candidate.

It’s a strange mindset of “anyone but democratic” with an attitude of “Dems never do anything that helps me”

Been watching this play out on Facebook with some of the wife’s relatives. The demographic - Uneducated, deeply Christian, All Lives Matter & retired white people.

Massive hypocrites.

15 hours ago, Sharpie said:

I have no dispute with your comment that reporters can deliberately or by oversight tell a story that suits their own particular purpose. But I find it difficult to accept when I watch the President of the United States on unedited televison say he if there are ballots involved will not concede to a peaceful exchange of power. , I shudder. When I see Trump criticise Biden for use of teleprompters when his are so obvious during his rallies, again I wonder, but when even with the aid of such he manages to go off script and ramble. He sat all last week and said his new Health Care plan would be out immediately, actually what came out was a non descript Executive Order. He ridicules Bidens vocabulary and almost stutter, but has the balls to stand and talk about Yosemight, despite the fact he had pre available notes to study and rehearse. And lies pour out of his mouth with the speed and force of Niagara Falls. He is an uncouth, coward, who failed to serve when his Country god forbid, needed him, he has failed to provide his tax returns obviously because of incriminating content, his behaviour,  adultery, lies, racism, are all against the Commandments of the very God he calls upon, and just for clarification in fairness to him and others I watch Hannity, Carlson, Judge whats her name and others on Fox, I am an equal opportunities advocate. Other than these failings I may if some contrary evidence was produced might even get to like him.

Not holding your breath, I hope, Bob!

2 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Many Trump supporters are less Trump supporters and just Republicans who are conditioned to just oppose any Democratic candidate.

It’s a strange mindset of “anyone but democratic” with an attitude of “Dems never do anything that helps me”

Been watching this play out on Facebook with some of the wife’s relatives. The demographic - Uneducated, deeply Christian, All Lives Matter & retired white people.

Massive hypocrites.

That's quite a fair chunk of America.

My guess is mainly all Confederate States too.

Absolutely baffles me that it is down to Trump and Biden to be President. 

Are there not younger, more astute politicians in America that could wipe the floor with these two, or do more ambitious politicians know that when they are in situ they are at the beckon call of the senate? 

I'm not clued up on the minutiae of American politics, i just find it to be so bizarre. 

Not shocked in the least about Trump's tax problems, afterall anybody who wanted to open their eyes and see, knew there was a really good reason why he fought tooth & nail to prevent his tax returns being made public.

4 hours ago, Barack said:

This NYT story, is apparently the first of two or three things that might be released before the debates. 

If Trump has Biden as on drugs & mentally incapable, then I'm fairly sure Biden can throw the same argument right back, plus interest.

Also I'm fairly confident when asked, Biden won't describe policy in children's terms. Things like: "beautiful economy"..."very strongly"..."big"..."we're doing great"...etc.

Bugger watching it though!

It could be the best telly ever. I fully expect Trump to get slaughtered but for balance I'd like him to ask Biden why he likes touching and sniffing little girls.

Popcorn time.

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

It could be the best telly ever. I fully expect Trump to get slaughtered but for balance I'd like him to ask Biden why he likes touching and sniffing little girls.

Popcorn time.

I fully expect Biden to speak at length on subjects and behave like the lawyer he is. Trump will bluster and throw soundbites and catchphrases out while actually saying nothing of substance. And his supporters will lap it up, hopefully the swing voters will see through it. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)