Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Every comment like this just further entrenches that what many people mean by "fascism" or "dictatorship", is when it affects white people. People of colour are looking at this situation now like

File:James Franco First Time.jpg

And I'm guilty of it too. It's been a good learning experience tonight reading perspectives on this. We're finally starting to feel what they have been feeling for basically all of American history. And well, it's unpleasant. Maybe we should've done something about this shit, oh I dunno, anytime in the last several centuries, before it started spreading to affecting us. But we didn't, so here we are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

And come November. 

image.png.c37ef94e6d4cd58a645d722eb982c566.png

And stop comparing your wee dramas in life with the plight of centuries of many a soul. It's pretty pathetic, JZ. You wouldn't know what these people face, if you lived for a thoosan year. It's not only the visible and obvious persecution they face, but the personal and hidden trauma and cost. Yes! This needs stopped, but this poor me act because of Biden, doesn’t wash. Get it done, then deal with it. Trump needs to go and needs to go, yesterday. 

Just like WM has to go first, then the SNP will be fully held to account. Dealt with! 

Before you start. 

Edited by ri Alban

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And stop comparing your wee dramas in life with the plight of centuries of many a soul. It's pretty pathetic, JZ. You wouldn't know what these people face, if you lived for a thoosan year. It's not only the visible and obvious persecution they face, but the personal and hidden trauma and cost. Yes! This needs stopped, but this poor me act because of Biden, doesn’t wash. Get it done, then deal with it. Trump needs to go and needs to go, yesterday. 

Just like WM has to go first, then the SNP will be fully held to account. Dealt with! 

Before you start. 

You of all people would somehow manage to intepret a "poor me" act out of reading any of the above. The point is exactly the opposite and a toddler could ascertain that with little effort.

I'd expect no less from the dude who would run an independent Scotland exactly like Trump has run America. "Scotland First, don't mindlessly love it? Go somewhere else or face the wall."

Away to ****, you moonhowler.

Edited by Justin Z

35 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

You of all people would somehow manage to intepret a "poor me" act out of reading any of the above. The point is exactly the opposite and a toddler could ascertain that with little effort.

I'd expect no less from the dude who would run an independent Scotland exactly like Trump has run America. "Scotland First, don't mindlessly love it? Go somewhere else or face the wall."

Away to ****, you moonhowler.

ok-then.gif.5b8cfa1f09fe060be750c3cd7a0b711e.gif

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I saw the clip earlier of Trump being told that RBG had died, he couldn’t think of anything to say. Completely incapable of working without a preplanned speech. 

was that the one where he kept repeating that she was a wonderful woman and led a wonderful life. he could not think of anything else

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

was that the one where he kept repeating that she was a wonderful woman and led a wonderful life. he could not think of anything else

Yes. After asking the reporter repeatedly if she was dead. 

The Mighty Thor
51 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I saw the clip earlier of Trump being told that RBG had died, he couldn’t think of anything to say. Completely incapable of working without a preplanned speech. 

I thought he couldn't show what he really felt. You could almost see the cogs of his mind whirring to say anything other than what he wanted to. 

53 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Should be no surprise, right?  When it comes to being mentally adroit, Trump is the absolute last person I'd think of.

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I thought he couldn't show what he really felt. You could almost see the cogs of his mind whirring to say anything other than what he wanted to. 

Indeed, literally biting his lip in case he was truthful for once. 

35 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

On the day the coronavirus death toll in the US hits 200,000 and Trump continues insisting they have "turned the corner"

That must be fake nooz because Trump's approval rating has gone UP by 3% in the last two months. :wtf:

8 hours ago, Tazio said:
8 hours ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Indeed, literally biting his lip in case he was truthful for once

A body language expert has done an analysis of Trump's reaction.(pinned tweet)

https://mobile.twitter.com/DrGJackBrown

5 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Thanks.  That's a good link to follow.

Their current prediction is 335 electoral votes for Biden and 203 for Trump while 270 is the requirement for a win. If they're right it's a landslide. In fact I feel an even larger landslide could be on the cards if there is indeed a record turnout as some are predicting.

If the people vote Trump doesn't have a chance, it will be a humiliating landslide. But there lies the rub, people actually being able to vote with no interference.

The economist has a podcast discussing it. Now keep in mind the economist is as unbiased as it gets. From Media Bias/Fact Check.

Overall, we rate The Economist Least Biased based on balanced reporting and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.

Least biased is the best rating they have. Now in the economist podcast they're speculating there may indeed be problems on and even before election day. The Trump scream of voter fraud isn't one of those problems.

He should be jailed for that alone when this is over. It amounts to undermining the democratic process as does voter suppression which is also discussed matter of factly presuming everyone is aware and accepts it does happen.

On that core again it's an undermining of the democratic process the entire Republican crew should be brought to book for alongside the Godfather.

Another thing they mentioned I was previously unaware of. In 2016 the AP were declaring Trump the winner while counting was still going on in Florida. Candidate Trump demanded Florida counting be halted because he had won and any more votes coming in were "just fraud"

They're suggesting that President Trump will be even more aggressive than Candidate Trump was. This is a link to the podcast.

Checks and Balance: Voter confidence

@JFK-1 In the last 24 hours I've become fatalistic.  I'm thinking that the election almost doesn't matter now.

The Trump cult is going to force through yet another conservative Supreme Court judge, the third in the last four years, and that is more than they dreamed off when Trump was elected.  The balance in the SCOTUS will now swing to the conservatives and it will stay there for the foreseeable future, probably decades.

The conservative dreams have come true, and the dumbest president in US history has made it happen for them.  It doesn't matter if Biden wins in November, the damage to Democrats has been done and can't be reversed.

30 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

@JFK-1 In the last 24 hours I've become fatalistic.  I'm thinking that the election almost doesn't matter now.

The Trump cult is going to force through yet another conservative Supreme Court judge, the third in the last four years, and that is more than they dreamed off when Trump was elected.  The balance in the SCOTUS will now swing to the conservatives and it will stay there for the foreseeable future, probably decades.

The conservative dreams have come true, and the dumbest president in US history has made it happen for them.  It doesn't matter if Biden wins in November, the damage to Democrats has been done and can't be reversed.

I have seen some knowledgeable commentators profess the opinion that Trump wont be able to force through the justice replacement. I think many in the GOP are envisaging an election defeat and looking to the future.

Their party is ruined. They have zero credibility on any level.  Anybody connected to Trump, all the enablers, are finished after a defeat. These commentators are speculating that some will be thinking if I don't disconnect right now I'm finished too. That will make them reluctant to be a part of forcing through the replacement judge.

Especially so after their activities of blocking an Obama pick in 2016. "because it was an election year". There is no way to plausibly spin this as anything but hypocrisy of the highest level.

I have even seen some to a certain degree sort of sympathise with Bill Barr. They're wondering why he so recklessly and fully threw himself into the insanity of this regime. How can such a previously respectable and intelligent man throw everything away for this total idiot?

Apparently prior to hooking up with Trump he had been a reasonable, rational actor. Now any reputation and legacy he had is going to go down the plug hole with Trump. And he too may even end up in jail. All for Trump? It's baffling.

And incidentally while I'm not trying to detract from the eulogising around the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg I find myself pretty pissed off with her.

She had lived beyond the average age of a healthy American woman and that despite 4 bouts of cancer over the past 20 years and now a  5th cancer that killed her.

During the presidency of Barack Obama, some progressive attorneys and activists called for Ginsburg to retire so that Obama could appoint a like-minded successor, particularly while the Democratic party held control of the U.S. Senate.

They mentioned Ginsburg's age and health issues as factors making her longevity uncertain. Ginsburg rejected these pleas.

That in my view was unforgivable selfishness given the shithole the country now finds itself in due to her refusal to do the right thing.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

That in my view was unforgivable selfishness given the shithole the country now finds itself in due to her refusal to do the right thing.

I believe she was of the opinion that Hillary would win and that would ensure an even more liberal, and dare I say it female replacement. I think the selfish comment is a bit out of order to be honest. Nobody could've seen this shitshow coming as bad as it did. 

1 hour ago, trotter said:

I believe she was of the opinion that Hillary would win and that would ensure an even more liberal, and dare I say it female replacement. I think the selfish comment is a bit out of order to be honest. Nobody could've seen this shitshow coming as bad as it did. 

Well again I'm not setting out with any agenda of diminishing her career. Her achievements will always stand.

But at the end despite being requested to stand down to absolutely guarantee a Democratic pick taking that spot while there was a Democrat controlled Senate she declined.

She declined in spite of advanced age and recurring battles with cancer. Then the Democrats lost the Senate and there was no guarantee of a Democrat victory post Obama even before Trump won the nomination.

The current situation was always a possibility which is exactly why they were trying to get her to step down. And all this because of what she wanted, not what the party wanted.

She was willing to risk the current outcome for her own wishes. And now here we are in that shithole.

As I say I'm not trying to detract from her career. But at the end of the day if anybody is responsible for this shithole, if anybody could have negated the very possibility, she was that one, the only one. And didn't.

And I feel a huge amount of frustration over it. I'm not hating her for it. I'm frustrated.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

They're suggesting that President Trump will be even more aggressive than Candidate Trump was. This is a link to the podcast.

Checks and Balance: Voter confidence

I've been listeeing to that podcast too all year. The one that stays with me recently though is the one from one of their reporters on the ground who emphasised that his feeling on the ground doesn't tlaly with the opinion polls and that the Trump supporters are energised and optimistic and will get out their vote.

The Democrats' response to RBG's death should terrify Trump

The full political impact of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death on Friday and Donald Trump's rush to fill her Supreme Court seat has yet to emerge. But if you don't think these events have the potential to energize Democrats to possibly record election turnouts in November, you probably haven't seen what's going in the Democratic base.

Here are two facts every discussion on this topic must include -- as I've heard firsthand from listeners who call my nightly SiriusXM radio show. One, how much Trump is utterly despised by Democrats. Two, how much that same base loves Ginsburg, a global icon affectionately referred to as RBG.

The Democratic response so far should terrify Trump and GOP Senate candidates up for election this year. Democrats have already begun channeling their pain at losing RBG into action, pouring a record-breaking number of donations to Democratic candidates and causes via the online fundraising platform ActBlue.

The New York Times reported that from about 9 p.m. ET Friday -- about 90 minutes after RBG's death was announced -- ActBlue reported receiving $6.2 million in donations, the most ever in just one hour in the platform's 16-year history. That record was broken the following hour when $6.3 million was donated, more than $100,000 per minute.

Saturday, after Trump announced he would be nominating a candidate for RBG's seat this week, ActBlue raised another $70.6 million dollars from 1.2 million contributors.

All told in the 28 hours after RBG's death, ActBlue reported receiving $100 million in donations for Democrats. (I can't find any reports of an upsurge in GOP fundraising since Friday.)

For perspective, Trump and the Republican National Committee raised $210 million in the full month of August. Biden and the Democratic National Committee raised $364.5 million in the same period.

These donations might come as a surprise to Republican leaders since it's typically their base that is more motivated by the issue of filling seats on the nation's highest court. A July 2016 Pew poll found 70% of Trump supporters said Supreme Court appointments were "very important" to them compared to 62% of Hillary Clinton supporters.

On a personal note, when I campaigned for Clinton at several events in 2016, I can't tell you how often eyes glazed over when I spoke of the need to win in 2016 so a Democratic president could fill the Supreme Court seat left open by the February death of conservative Justice Antonin Scalia. This issue simply didn't seem to energize Democrats.

That changed with Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court in July 2018, when Republicans confirmed him despite allegations of sexual assault and misconduct against women. (Kavanaugh has denied the allegations.)

A little over four months later, Democrats won control of the House with the biggest-ever margin of victory in total votes cast in a midterm election.

While it's difficult to quantify precisely how much the Kavanaugh controversy played a role in this result, there are signs that it pushed some voters away from Republicans. A CBS/YouGov poll ahead of the midterms found that Democratic candidates for Senate were doing better among new voters who reported being energized by Kavanaugh's confirmation.

If those were the numbers generated by voters signaling to the GOP they were unhappy with Kavanaugh's confirmation, how do you think they will respond to Trump rushing to replace the beloved RBG with likely a hard-line right-wing justice?

Adding to the outrage for Democrats is the hypocrisy of GOP Senate leader Mitch McConnell vowing to vote on Trump's expected nominee while not allowing President Barack Obama to fill Scalia's seat in 2016 because, in a presidential election year, said McConnell, "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice."

RBG's dying words to her granddaughter were that "my most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."

Instead, her seat now seems set to be filled by Trump, a man whom RBG uncharacteristically publicly criticized during the 2016 campaign as an inconsistent "faker" who had "gotten away with not turning over his tax returns."

In response, Trump slammed her on Twitter, writing her comments were "very dumb" and an embarrassment the court, adding, "Her mind is shot - resign!" (RBG later apologized for her remarks; Trump, of course, has not.)

And while I can't speak for others, my blood was boiling watching Trump at his rally Saturday already using RBG's death as the source for a new campaign chant, with his supporters screaming out in unison, "Fill that seat!"

The polls between Trump and Joe Biden might not move right away to reflect Trump and the Senate GOP's hypocritical push to fill RBG's seat before a possible Biden administration takes office next year. But the impact will likely be felt in terms of the intensity of the supporters on each side.

So far, the evidence shows that voters want to honor RBG's legacy by supporting Democrats to defeat Trump and his GOP enablers. For now, those donors seem to be winning the day -- big time.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/20/opinions/democrats-response-to-ruth-bader-ginsburg-death-should-terrify-trump-obeidallah/index.html

12 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I've been listeeing to that podcast too all year. The one that stays with me recently though is the one from one of their reporters on the ground who emphasised that his feeling on the ground doesn't tlaly with the opinion polls and that the Trump supporters are energised and optimistic and will get out their vote.

I don't quite understand what the reporter means. The polls are what they are and have been consistent for months now. And the Trump cult followers also are what they are and no one has ever doubted they will continue being what they are.

But they're not enough to swing an election in what's being predicted to be a record turnout year. Which is exactly why Trump and cohorts have been trying so hard to suppress the turnout.

The Republicans would never win an election again if if the electorate actually voted which historically they don't. I think the US has the lowest voter turnout in the Western world and beyond.

But you get the felling that this time far more people than ever before will be motivated because never in living memory has so much been at stake. They have an actual lunatic in charge of the asylum and everybody knows it.

Edited by JFK-1

It seems Trump (as is his right) and GOP will Confirm Conservative Justice as hysterical Dems Threaten Toy Throwing and Tears.

Additionally, the alleged Dems mail vote hoax scam will be a non-starter as a result.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

It seems Trump (as is his right) and GOP will Confirm Conservative Justice as hysterical Dems Threaten Toy Throwing and Tears.

Additionally, the alleged Dems mail vote hoax scam will be a non-starter as a result.

Is the the naming of a Supreme Court Candidate, the thing that in the past Republicans said should not be done until the election is over and the President inaugurated. You have to give the Dems credit, they are following exactly the tears and toy throwing they learned from the Republicans. I wouldn't celebrate just yet there are quite a few Republican Senators in tight battles for their seat. Guys like Lindsey Graham who in the last election was quite insulting about Trump, is he prepared to lose votes and his Senate seat to confirm Trumps.

50 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Is the the naming of a Supreme Court Candidate, the thing that in the past Republicans said should not be done until the election is over and the President inaugurated. You have to give the Dems credit, they are following exactly the tears and toy throwing they learned from the Republicans. I wouldn't celebrate just yet there are quite a few Republican Senators in tight battles for their seat. Guys like Lindsey Graham who in the last election was quite insulting about Trump, is he prepared to lose votes and his Senate seat to confirm Trumps.

There have been 29 Scotus picks nominations during an election year.

19 have taken place when the Senate’s was controlled by the Presidents Party.

Celebration, certainly not. NP says she has arrows in her quiver.

1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

There are commentators of the opinion that there may be a massive downside to this for Trump and the Republicans. The hypocrisy after their blocking of an Obama pick when a justice died 9 months before the 2016 election but now saying it's fine less than 9 weeks before an election.

Many are thinking that level of hypocrisy is just too much to stomach and will simply energise the Democratic base even more to get out and vote. And even a segment of Republicans including a few Senate Republican's are cringing at this hypocrisy.

There have been 29 Scotus picks nominations during an election year.

19 have taken place when the Senate’s was controlled by the Presidents Party.

Celebration, certainly not. NP says she has arrows in her quiver.

I am sure you know damn well that the situation I was referring to was the  one when the self same Lindsey Graham had lots to say. You have every right to your opinions and your support for Trump, but the man I just named had critical things to say about Trump prior to realising he was going to be elected President, Bill Barr described Trump as a terrible human being, despite these thoughts they are now enabling him, that causes me concern, but primarily my concerns are unselfish, they are in fact for the American people and the World population. I just think Trump is a most unsuited person, morally, insincere, lies, bullies, and was a coward when faced with what he spouts about now referring to things as being like in battle, he has never been in battle, he had bone spurs at least thats what the doctor said. He demands loyalty but offers none, just look at the number of people he has fired, generally on a Friday night so he wouldn't have to do it face to face, but as I say we all have our right to vote for and support whomever our mind tells us, you supportTrump, and I don't, so be it.

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Would be funny if the hypocrisy weren't so sickening. How could anybody accept these people as serious and trustworthy.

Its hard to believe and swallow when you see the Cruz and Graham types tell how they feel about Trump then and how they fawn on him now, Trump suggested at one time Cruz's father was involved in the JFK assassination. I have had fall outs with people, but later have found them to be actually good guys, I have never met Trump, but I have seen nothing in many sights and listenings to him to make me believe I could ever, like, trust, or even want to stand close to the false hair, false tan, false teeth and false words every time he opens his mouth.

7 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The most ridiculous president in history, the one who's made America a worldwide laughing stock. A racist, misogynistic, thick, dementia ridden, corrupt and downright nasty piece of shit, the most blatant and frequent liar the post has ever seen, a man who couldn't care less about others, has no attention span, and is so easily manipulated he has meltdowns on twitter.

You look at him and go "yeah, thats my guy" 🤪

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

The most ridiculous president in history, the one who's made America a worldwide laughing stock. A racist, misogynistic, thick, dementia ridden, corrupt and downright nasty piece of shit, the most blatant and frequent liar the post has ever seen, a man who couldn't care less about others, has no attention span, and is so easily manipulated he has meltdowns on twitter.

:spoton:

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

Stick to the facts Smithee, rather than subjective conjecture.

‘There have been 29 Scotus picks nominations during an election year.

19 have taken place when the Senate’s was controlled by the Presidents Party’.

11 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

Them's the facts alfa, you support the worst **** imaginable.

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

Turn out on the day, higher than Obama's first term. With mail in to be counted in the following days.

All indications suggest there will be a  record turnout either in person or by mail. Including a record turnout of young voters and they don't vote for Republicans.

A record turnout can only make Trumps chances even slimmer. But as you say on election day if at any point as we head to the polls closing Trump has a lead with millions of mail votes still to be counted he's going to declare victory.

He will then try to prevent the mail votes being counted and declare them all fraudulent anyway. We all know this. There is nothing complex about Trump. As predictable as an old dog.

He claimed yesterday that if he were to lose he will just disappear from the scene and never be heard from again. That would be nice, but it wont happen. Once that doesn't happen If questioned about the promise to disappear he will claim that he has to stick around for the sake of the nation which can't survive without an orange idiot it did immeasurably better without before he ever appeared in Washington.

My preference would be a disappearance into jail and I suspect that's a reason there's a desperation to get a justice on to the supreme court. Trump doesn't give the proverbial flying about the Republicans. It's all about him.

If they can press any criminal charges on him and he has without a doubt committed indictable crimes, he will appeal every last charge all the way to a supreme court loaded up with Republican picks. Three of them picked by him if they get away with replacing RBG.

His hope will be that will keep him out of jail but I think there's a chance that may backfire. If he loses the moment he's out of that office there will be a stampede among Republicans to distance themselves from him.

Everybody who was close to the inner circle will claim they either didn't know about the criminal craziness, the lying etc. Or if that's impossible they were just sticking around in an attempt to rein him in. And the only way to stick around him is to pretend to agree with him. And that part of it is actually true.

If he's indicted of criminal charges I suspect many of them will be backed by an avalanche of rock solid evidence. Evidence so obviously true even a supreme court judge will be reluctant to support him.

As everyone who wants to retain any resemblance of credibility and integrity rushes to put as much distance between themselves and the biggest and most obvious liar ever to infest the system. Chances are supreme court judges will feel the same.

Sometimes the fact such a simple minded nutcase is actually in that office still feels surreal to me. It's like a far fetched poorly written dystopian novel where a crazy conspiracy nut TV presenter is elected president.

It's like if Britain elected David Ike to PM. Who though crazy is actually more eloquent than and more intelligent than the orange buffoon. 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

If they don't vote en masse, quite simply they deserve all that's coming. 

I think they will. But I also think Trump would deny defeat and challenge it even if he didn't get a single vote. And the very fact he will challenge it even if that challenge is futile will still create chaos. I don't know if there will be mass violence following his defeat.

But I'm confident there will be some. With the usual media suspects like Fox, Hannity etc, fanning the flames.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

There are polls indicating young & black voter's are definitely chomping at the bit, yeah. The Tik-tok Gen also.

Can't imagine that most non-Conservative leaning undecided voters will be too enamoured with the possibility of ACA, Roe V Wade & LBGTQ rights all potentially up in the air. And if they're not concerned...they ****ing should be.

Women's rights at stake, should force that demographic vote up even more. The one the GOP really needs. From all I've seen on social media, they're seething. Rightly.

Putting it altogether you have to wonder how he could possibly win. He  is what he is, he's not going to transform into anything else in the next 6 weeks. Providing the people actually vote.

He wouldn't have won last time if they had just turned out. And while he will again have that hard core of wackos behind him overall you would imagine less people will vote for him than did last time.

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Last time I think it was 55-56%? Lowest in ages.

Obama's first term was "only" low-mid 60's? Which surprised me initially. Then you look at it logically, and you think how many racist non-College educated white folks didn't bother to vote for a black man...it would've been higher.

Biden's turnout has to (should)be low 70's. If the people worried about their rights & democracy in general. I don't know how many millions of kids are now eligible to vote from last time, but it looks increasingly likely that extra % increase along with black voter's who didn't bother with Hilary are crucial, yeah.

A good article speculating that any attempt to force through a quick replacement for RBG could make their already seemingly slim chances of re-election even slimmer. Suggesting it would invigorate the Democratic base even further. The last straw so to speak. And mentions that Trumps only chance is to suppress turnout.

4 Reasons to Doubt Mitch McConnell’s Power

Edited by JFK-1

11 hours ago, Smithee said:

Accurate description.

5 hours ago, alfajambo said:

The fact is, alfajambo, that the Republicans in the Senate are doing a complete reversal of the position they pontificated about 4 years ago.  The words of McConnell and Graham are being thrown in their faces, but they don't care because they have no shame and they have no integrity.  

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

The fact is, alfajambo, that the Republicans in the Senate are doing a complete reversal of the position they pontificated about 4 years ago.  The words of McConnell and Graham are being thrown in their faces, but they don't care because they have no shame and they have no integrity.  

I respect you and your contribution to JKB enormously.

You may disagree with another’s perspective but you never personalise or demonstrate hate.

If I may paraphrase RBG - ‘a president is elected for 4 years and should govern for that duration’.

Trump has every right to appoint a New Judge and probably will.

As for integrity:

The Russian Collusion Delusion; The Kavanaugh Kangaroo Court: The Impeachment Farce; ‘Peaceful’ BLM Protests, resulting in deaths, arson and hate. The lies just keep on coming.

Trump’s political opponents have no credibility far less integrity.

It is after all the role of the president on the basis of his constitutional authority and judgment, the “appointments clause” in Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution to nominate “Judges of the Supreme Court.”

Edited by alfajambo

36 minutes ago, alfajambo said:

I respect you and your contribution to JKB enormously.

You may disagree with another’s perspective but you never personalise or demonstrate hate.

If I may paraphrase RBG - ‘a president is elected for 4 years and should govern for that duration’.

Trump has every right to appoint a New Judge and probably will.

As for integrity:

The Russian Collusion Delusion; The Kavanaugh Kangaroo Court: The Impeachment Farce; ‘Peaceful’ BLM Protests, resulting in deaths, arson and hate. The lies just keep on coming.

Trump’s political opponents have no credibility far less integrity.

It is after all the role of the president on the basis of his constitutional authority and judgment, the “appointments clause” in Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution to nominate “Judges of the Supreme Court.”

I agree with RBG regarding the president's right to govern for four years.  It's the hypocritical McConnell and Graham who disagree, but only for Democratic presidents! Those leading Republicans in the Senate are out of order in this matter, not Trump. He's doing what he has the right to do.

The other points you raised are subjective, and my subjective opinion on them differs from yours.  They have all been thoroughly discussed on this thread and it would be redundant to hash over all of them again.

The only one I'll touch on briefly is the Kavanaugh Senate hearings. It didn't come remotely close to the definition of a kangaroo court, btw, despite what Trump says. It was a raucous and partisan affair, to be sure, but that's not a kangaroo court. If the hearings showed one thing, it was that Kavanaugh is emotional and erratic, therefore unsuitable for a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land. But he showed conservative leanings in his career, so that was enough for the current senate.  The Americans are now stuck with him, and I'm glad it's them and not the Canadians or the Scots.

As for integrity:

I don't understand this. But I'm always willing to be educated. Where do you get these views from? It's not from any credible commentator or I would have seen it. Start with this. Is the accusation of Russian interference in the election all a lie?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)