U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Bloody hell, even I've put up links from both sides at once to at least attempt a semblance. :lol:

I've enough of it on Twitter on a daily basis. 

I like his kind. It's so easy to point out the absurdity of it. Literally less than a minute to discover how deceitful these people he's turning to are. They're the very pinnacle of far right spin.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Former top brass of the United States Armed Forces have signed a letter of endorsement saying they will do what it takes to defeat Trump. And if Trump tries to steal the election, these leaders are ready to call up their old friends at the Dept of Defense and drag the wannabe king out of the White House by his scraggly orange mop.

WASHINGTON — More than 200 retired generals and admirals endorsed Joe Biden for president in a letter published Thursday, saying he had the character and judgment to serve as commander-in-chief instead of President Donald Trump, who has failed "to meet challenges large or small."

Some of the officers who signed the letter supporting Biden had retired only in the past few years, including Air Force Gen. Paul Selva, who served as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump before he retired in August 2019; Vice Adm. Gardner Howe, a Navy SEAL leader who also retired last year; and retired Adm. Paul Zukunft, who oversaw the Coast Guard until 2018.

Read letter here;

Edited by maroonlegions

If I was an American, I'd be getting the feck out of there pronto. The place is just waiting to erupt into an all out civil war. If Trump loses, there is no danger these right wing nutters will go quietly.

If Trump wins, the left wingers will go absolutely mental. The place is ****ed.

5 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Is alfajambo a legitimate poster? Got troll farm written all over it. 

I think he should start turning to Russian bots for his "news". They're often considerably more subtle.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

If Trump does refuse to pass the presidency to Biden (should Biden win), surely the only viable option, to uphold US democracy, would be to kill Trump.

Fingers crossed.

38 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

putin-bot

Was actually just about to post the same.  Hence the garbled shite when they try and form a sentence.

Russia bot

42 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

If Trump does refuse to pass the presidency to Biden (should Biden win), surely the only viable option, to uphold US democracy, would be to kill Trump.

Fingers crossed.

I don't want to see him dead. That's an easy exit. I want to see him slopping out in an orange jump suit without his hairspray and whatever turns his stupid face orange.

2 hours ago, Barack said:

This @alfajambo...is posted by a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Justin & I are mates away from here, and we've had many many conversations away from this place, as I'm sure Justin will confirm.

We disagree on many things regarding Biden & Bernie & Obama etc. But we listen to each other, even though we don't agree. And we don't use political video's to try & score points. (Mostly. ;) )

What we DO agree on, is the utter shit, which people like Carson, Hannity, Ingraham etc produce and their "messages" they send out daily to Trump's base. Usually under the pretence of Conservative values.

It's counter productive, inflammatory and typically racist. If you consider your values and opinions in-line with any of the above...well.

They constitute as much of a danger to this election and American Democracy, as Trump.

A shame that you can't reason your views without the miasma of shit you've posted. As you're not a stupid person.

I'm off to Twitter. To get some balance...(!)

Thanks for you post and it considerately tone.

I bow to the thought concerning the deluge of minority ideological videos thrown out here by me,

without accompanying discourse. That being unhelpful and a bit silly.

Any way lesson learned, I guess.

Work commitments and accompanying time constraints are one reason my contributions are minimal to this tome.

Have a nice day! The sentiment is genuine. You are a good chap.

1 hour ago, alfajambo said:

Thanks for you post and it considerately tone.

I bow to the thought concerning the deluge of minority ideological videos thrown out here by me,

without accompanying discourse. That being unhelpful and a bit silly.

Any way lesson learned, I guess.

Work commitments and accompanying time constraints are one reason my contributions are minimal to this tome.

Have a nice day! The sentiment is genuine. You are a good chap.

Of course your busy, afterall you've got an election to try and fix again for your comrade President's stooge in the US of A

How's the weather in St. Petersburg, must be starting to get a bit chilly around about this time of year.

There is no way to support Trump as anything approaching as fit as Biden for this position. Or even fit at all. I could walk through any college campus blindfolded swinging a stick around and the first person I hit would likely be fitter than this orange idiot.

This sociopathic con artist has to be the worst person ever to hold that position by a very long way indeed.

Even Republicans are regretting he ever appeared. He's a disaster for the nation and their party. It's mystifying that any rational contemplative observer can even attempt to argue otherwise.

Here's an avalanche of 'discourse' from Republicans supporters who will vote for Biden. This type of thing is unprecedented and further makes any attempt to justify this nut all the more mystifying.

https://www.youtube.com/c/RepublicanVotersAgainstTrump/videos

I missed the start and have seen nothing else, but there was brief mention that Nunes was to be appointed Inspector General to replace the prior holder who was the one who had the whistleblower reveal the Trump Ukraine thing. Talk about covering all bases

That's a deliberate encouragement to the crazies to get out and create intimidation and mayhem at polling stations on election day. He should be arrested. i would be. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

Junior off his tits.

:trippin:

The things people will do when their dad doesn't love them. 

17 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

The things people will do when their dad doesn't love them. 

He's probably becoming as desperate as the big orange. The writing is on the wall, this election is unwinnable for them, They're Hitler in the bunker with the enemy at the gates.

Junior orange is the one who met up with Russians at Trump tower. Then  lied about it. He could be heading to jail when the shit hits the fan. Big orange will deny all knowledge of what little orange was doing meeting with those Russians.

This whole election like the last comes down to who is more palatable. Personally I understood the choice four years ago. This time it’s going to be a comfortable win for the Dems. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

He's probably becoming as desperate as the big orange. The writing is on the wall, this election is unwinnable for them, They're Hitler in the bunker with the enemy at the gates.

Junior orange is the one who met up with Russians at Trump tower. Then  lied about it. He could be heading to jail when the shit hits the fan. Big orange will deny all knowledge of what little orange was doing meeting with those Russians.

Does anyone fully expect nothing other than orange senior throwing orange junior under the bus to save his own skin? 

Despite his creepy comments, I would fully expect him to do the same to Ivanka if it kept him out of the tin pail. What a horrible family that must be to be a part of. 

6 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Fingers crossed.

My God - such hatred. This cretin should should be banned from this forum ,  And no, I'm not a Trump supporter

"Drain the swamp"? Trump is the swamp.

Watchdog Report Cites 3,400 Conflicts Of Interest During Trump Presidency

The report counts 503 visits to Trump properties during his presidency, including 74 visits just this year, but it also found the seemingly permeable barrier between the federal government and Trump’s businesses gets significantly deeper.

Executive branch officials made 885 trips to Trump’s properties and members of Congress visited them 344 times, with 69 state officials and 145 foreign officials also making trips for a total of 2,014 visits by U.S. and foreign officials.

The report also notes 231 events held by special interest groups and another 88 events held by political groups – mostly Trump-affiliated ones – at Trump properties, with the political events garnering his private business $23.2 million in revenue since his 2015 campaign announcement including nearly $10 million since his presidency began.

Trump and White House officials have used their official platforms to promote or mention Trump businesses 426 times, the report says, with foreign governments granting the Trump Organization 67 trademarks – including 46 from China – despite Trump’s pledge not to pursue foreign deals while in office.

7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

"Drain the swamp"? Trump is the swamp.

Watchdog Report Cites 3,400 Conflicts Of Interest During Trump Presidency

The report counts 503 visits to Trump properties during his presidency, including 74 visits just this year, but it also found the seemingly permeable barrier between the federal government and Trump’s businesses gets significantly deeper.

Executive branch officials made 885 trips to Trump’s properties and members of Congress visited them 344 times, with 69 state officials and 145 foreign officials also making trips for a total of 2,014 visits by U.S. and foreign officials.

The report also notes 231 events held by special interest groups and another 88 events held by political groups – mostly Trump-affiliated ones – at Trump properties, with the political events garnering his private business $23.2 million in revenue since his 2015 campaign announcement including nearly $10 million since his presidency began.

Trump and White House officials have used their official platforms to promote or mention Trump businesses 426 times, the report says, with foreign governments granting the Trump Organization 67 trademarks – including 46 from China – despite Trump’s pledge not to pursue foreign deals while in office.

Plus the hundreds of golfing trips to Trump resorts, with his huge entourage of officials, staff, Secret Service etc, with the US taxpayer footing the millions of dollars in bills.  The Trump family has benefited enormously from his presidency ... yet another reason why he doesn't want to leave.

4 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Plus the hundreds of golfing trips to Trump resorts, with his huge entourage of officials, staff, Secret Service etc, with the US taxpayer footing the millions of dollars in bills.  The Trump family has benefited enormously from his presidency ... yet another reason why he doesn't want to leave.

He wants to be like his role model Putin. It's estimated by Western intelligence agencies that Putin is a real billionaire. Unlike the fake billionaire bald orange is.

Putin is into a cut of all those industries he distributed to what are now the Russian oligarchs. The only way to ever be an oligarch is to be in favour with Putin and giving him a slice of the pie.

That's what Trump wants. A cut of the entire US economy through distributing favours to cronies and corporations. He also wants junior orange to be installed as president after him. To continue the robbery of a nation while he retires to grab pussy all day long.

Not laid out in a very scholarly manner but believe me that's what's going down here.

21 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Mommy's famous. Woop-de-doo.

Weird how he turned out the way he did, difficult to fathom.

Quite sickening and I'm not even American. 

4 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

My God - such hatred. This cretin should should be banned from this forum ,  And no, I'm not a Trump supporter

If trump decides to squat in the oval office, surrounded by armed guards, it may be the only option. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Quite sickening and I'm not even American. 

The problem is if any of us agree with the killing of another, then we have just become what we were originally criticising.

6 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

The problem is if any of us agree with the killing of another, then we have just become what we were originally criticising.

Some folk deserve to visit the hangman. The Wests and Bradys of this world. Shooting people who protest, even if they are pieces of shite who are aggressive and vandalise others things, is sick and this lot need a wee stay in the Nuthoose for some treatment. 

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The state of these ****ing people

image.thumb.png.cc87bcfee82e0f2e5a696834d020acb0.png

That goes way beyond politics being tribal. It’s like watching the Nazis in some diluted form. Kyle Rittenhouse the American patriot, warrior and hero. How are these people not embarrassed by such toxicity? 

5 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

That goes way beyond politics being tribal. It’s like watching the Nazis in some diluted form. Kyle Rittenhouse the American patriot, warrior and hero. How are these people not embarrassed by such toxicity? 

Brainwashed is the simplistic answer.

Most of them live in a Fox News bubble.  Look at the state of a regular poster on this thread talking about Fox News and Alex Jones as if it is factual real news.

In August and September alone, Trump has played golf 13 times at one of his resorts, during which time tens of thousands of Americans have died from COVID-19 and millions have lost their jobs.  That's just 13 of the 139 times he's played golf as president.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

Remember, this is the clown who repeatedly said, during the election campaign, that he would be too busy to play golf.  Just one more lie that the gullible accepted.

EDIT.  Is he hitting a driver out of the rough?

Trump visits private golf course as US battles rapid surge in coronavirus  cases | Donald Trump | The Guardian

49 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

In August and September alone, Trump has played golf 13 times at one of his resorts, during which time tens of thousands of Americans have died from COVID-19 and millions have lost their jobs.  That's just 13 of the 139 times he's played golf as president.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/displayoutings

Remember, this is the clown who repeatedly said, during the election campaign, that he would be too busy to play golf.  Just one more lie that the gullible accepted.

EDIT.  Is he hitting a driver out of the rough?

Trump visits private golf course as US battles rapid surge in coronavirus  cases | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Sometimes a person is having to wonder does he tell the truth all the time?

Trumpets sending kids to school despite testing positive for covid. Because Trump, the self professed world expert in everything, says it's safe. This is what Trump meant when he said "herd mentality", and didn't even know it.

Republican voter against Trump. In this video we have people who are now going to vote for Biden and not because they have suddenly become Democratic. It's simply because they're terrified of the consequences another Trump term may result in.

Some of these people have actually worked in the administration and have inside knowledge of the sheer insanity. They're more worried than ever because they say many of what they call the "guardrails" preventing the train running completely off the track are now gone.

As an example Trump has wanted to initiate actions which would have brought the nation "to the brink of war". But was kept in check by more rational actors who are now gone. Littered with anecdotes of the insanity.

Trump pestered for a long time for a cost estimate on digging a moat at the border then filling it with water, snakes, and alligators. How much will that cost and how  do you keep the snakes and alligators alive.

They say they would estimate around 90% of people working in the administration have deep concerns. But are still there because like most people they have bills to pay. Mortgages to pay. Kids to support. They fear being jobless.

29 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Republican voter against Trump. In this video we have people who are now going to vote for Biden and not because they have suddenly become Democratic. It's simply because they're terrified of the consequences another Trump term may result in.

Some of these people have actually worked in the administration and have inside knowledge of the sheer insanity. They're more worried than ever because they say many of what they call the "guardrails" preventing the train running completely off the track are now gone.

As an example Trump has wanted to initiate actions which would have brought the nation "to the brink of war". But was kept in check by more rational actors who are now gone. Littered with anecdotes of the insanity.

Trump pestered for a long time for a cost estimate on digging a moat at the border then filling it with water, snakes, and alligators. How much will that cost and how  do you keep the snakes and alligators alive.

They say they would estimate around 90% of people working in the administration have deep concerns. But are still there because like most people they have bills to pay. Mortgages to pay. Kids to support. They fear being jobless.

Like I questioned the other day, are the same checks & balances in place today that were in place in 2016.

Easy, if Illegals don't keep them well fed, there is always plenty of other undesirables who could be assigned for 'special treatment', also known as gator bait.

Not just jobless, but virtually unemployable ever again, the Don will see to that, and his brainwashed worshippers will make sure of it.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Like I questioned the other day, are the same checks & balances in place today that were in place in 2016

These people say, people with inside experience, in their own words, "the guardrails are disappearing"

17 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

These people say, people with inside experience, in their own words, "the guardrails are disappearing"

Exactly, that's why he has to be stopped, before it's too late.

Credit to Maher on this one, he was the first I saw saying Trump would refuse to leave office even if defeated and has been continuing to say it over and over for the past two and a half years. Now his prediction is playing out.

15 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Some folk deserve to visit the hangman. The Wests and Bradys of this world. Shooting people who protest, even if they are pieces of shite who are aggressive and vandalise others things, is sick and this lot need a wee stay in the Nuthoose for some treatment. 

No argument with the first part, but wantonly killing such as an assassination is totally wrong and against everything most of the human race are against. It is murder. Lawful execution is the result of a fair trial, although some cases now are producing evidence that that is not always true either. We discuss life as if it si just another word, but the opposite is death and thats what murder is, the tragedy and sadness that can offer to relatives finding that it was avoidable must be awful.

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Trumpets sending kids to school despite testing positive for covid. Because Trump, the self professed world expert in everything, says it's safe. This is what Trump meant when he said "herd mentality", and didn't even know it.

Of course the actual phrase which like everything else causes him to look stupid is Herd Immunity.

8 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Of course the actual phrase which like everything else causes him to look stupid is Herd Immunity.

Yeah, but I repeated his "herd mentality" because it perfectly suits the stupidity of his 'herd'.

Drama queens the world over uniting in their concern and sympathy:

‘I Feel Sorry for Americans’: A Baffled World Watches the U.S.

“The U.S.A. is a first-world country but it is acting like a third-world country,” said U Aung Thu Nyein, a political analyst in Myanmar.

. . .

“It reminds me of Belarus, when a person cannot admit defeat and looks for any means to prove that he couldn’t lose,” said Kiryl Kalbasnikau, a 29-year-old opposition activist and actor. “This would be a warning sign for any democracy.”

. . .

“They now know what it’s like in other countries: violating norms, international trade and its own institutions,” said Eunice Rendon, an expert on migration and security and the director of Migrant Agenda, a nonprofit organization in Mexico. “The most powerful country in the world all of a sudden looks vulnerable.”

19 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

“The most powerful country in the world all of a sudden looks vulnerable.”

I think what we're seeing is an exposure of vulnerabilities that were always there but no one ever noticed before. Because they have never seen anything like agent orange before and never anticipated such a wacko being elected to the office.

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

I think what we're seeing is an exposure of vulnerabilities that were always there but no one ever noticed before. Because they have never seen anything like agent orange before and never anticipated such a wacko being elected to the office.

Agreed. I've ranted about it on this thread alone. Congress has spent the last seven decades since World War II creating a more and more unaccountable and powerful Executive, derelict in their own constitutional duty and undermining their own series of checks. Presidents have been taking the piss with it since at least Nixon, but this has been a wholly in-your-face, new experience of the reason why it never should've happened.

49 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Yeah, but I repeated his "herd mentality" because it perfectly suits the stupidity of his 'herd'.

I wasn't correcting you, I was just showing off my new wisdom that I just learned last night watching Colbert.😇

38 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Agreed. I've ranted about it on this thread alone. Congress has spent the last seven decades since World War II creating a more and more unaccountable and powerful Executive, derelict in their own constitutional duty and undermining their own series of checks. Presidents have been taking the piss with it since at least Nixon, but this has been a wholly in-your-face, new experience of the reason why it never should've happened.

I think it's also a massive failure on the part of the electorate who gave him the office. And an even greater concern that after 4 years of watching his sheer incompetence and outright insanity  a huge number would do it again.

They wax lyrical about being 'the land of the free' while whooping like idiots as an authoritarian nutcase rides roughshod over all democratic norms.

I expect to see changes if they can get him out of that office to make sure this can never happen again. That should include changes regarding the electoral college. It enables a small band of extremists to hold an entire nation to ransom.

And term limits for the supreme court. In my view a judge should get a term limit no longer than that given to Presidents. I think the dems are talking about introducing a 20 year limit.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)