Levein’s time is up...

Heartsofgold

10 minutes ago, martoon said:

Happens all the time NB. Meshino won't burst into tears and pack and the NI players won't down tools if McPhee is emptied with Levein. 

It's just another bizarre, ridiculous excuse for not sacking their beloved head coach. 

5 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I believe CL is far more interested in his wallet than hearts, if I’m honest. 

Allegedly, ‘guaranteeing’ we won’t be relegated to AB, is where recent conversations have been I understand!!! 

AB has got herself in a pickle with CL, for a number of reasons. The financial implications seem to be much bigger than they should for a manager with 6 month left on a contract. 

I think CL will see out his contract but It will be a horrible end. His reputation will be done (no half time draw return for him) with hearts, he will drag AB into needless abuse, we will have to endure some horrid football/results/relegation battle and will be left with some poor financial situations around first team due to some poor contract decisions.

CL will be paid though, result for him, and still be AB’s boy. 

That's the bottom line.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spoleto

• Pasquale for King

• Alex Kintner

• JamboAl

Just now, Spoleto said:

No Gin. 

Quoting something that isn't true is wrong.

I disagree. The quotes weren’t meant in an absolutely literal sense and martoon explained it. 

57 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Injuries.

I accept that there are injuries. But they are being used as more of an excuse than they should be.

Utter rubbish.

That's what you want to believe.

We were top of the league before the injuries impacted - and you know that.

Edited by JamboAl

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Utter rubbish.

Injuries and injuries alone took us from the top of the league to the bottom of the league yeah?? 

Injuries have played a part sure but they cannot be solely blamed for where we find ourselves and our gradual decline over the last year. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Terribly insulting and unnecessary post which basically calls Martoon a liar. His broad take is one that I can identify with and I reckon others could as well.

Cheers. This thread is chocabloc with such ridiculous comments. Indeed, Tosh came up with a post riddled with that type of stuff a page or two back and Spoleto agreed that he was spot on. 

Typically, though, the latter pounces on the technicality that they're not direct quotes and claims, therefore, they're a lie. And on a thread that is actually teeming with the nonsense spouted by himself and others. 

8 minutes ago, jake said:

The guy has been trolling for the last 12 hours.

Dont bite.

Tweedledum and tweedledee will mark you down as a customer instead of a supporter.

They will no doubt name change and start again .

I was given good advice earlier mate.

Dont reply to them.

Clueless doesnt cover it.

I have never blocked anyone but I'm close with those muppets.

Just a casual observation as your not allowed to accuse or abuse any one on the forum but Spoleto was a base for the popes Irish army in the 1800,s, the spoleto festival is celebrated by the Irish community in parts of the states, the festival runs from Hibernian Hall. Just saying and not in any way linking this to any posters on this forum....

Edited by Rudy T

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Worst post on this forum. 

A sure sign it's was a good one.

You're the worst offender, Tosh. You often agree that Levein should go then bicker with anyone who posts the same. 

Ever thought about taking up politics, bud? 

12 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Injuries and injuries alone took us from the top of the league to the bottom of the league yeah?? 

Injuries have played a part sure but they cannot be solely blamed for where we find ourselves and our gradual decline over the last year. 

How do you explain last seasons slump then?

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Just a casual observation as your not allowed to accuse or abuse any one on the forum but Spoleto was a base for the popes Irish army in the 1800,s, the spoleto festival is celebrated by the Irish community in parts of the states, the festival runs from Hibernian Hall. Just saying and not in any way linking this to any posters on this forum....

I really hope that that's not the case.

Would explain a lot though.

I really hope no Hearts supporter (customer if you are not happy with what's going on)hasn't been reprimanded because of this.

Best not replying I suppose..

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Utter rubbish.

Honest question.  How come injuries haven't impacted our cup runs?  If we are doing well in the cups with injuries, why aren't we doing better in the league?

Gorgie Boys are in town.
2 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Still trolling away. Some shift the day.

14 minutes ago, martoon said:

Cheers. This thread is chocabloc with such ridiculous comments. Indeed, Tosh came up with a post riddled with that type of stuff a page or two back and Spoleto agreed that he was spot on. 

Typically, though, the latter pounces on the technicality that they're not direct quotes and claims, therefore, they're a lie. And on a thread that is actually teeming with the nonsense spouted by himself and others. 

Best ignored mate .

I like arguing on here but when posters twist and troll it's a waste of time.

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, jake said:

The guy has been trolling for the last 12 hours.

Dont bite.

Tweedledum and tweedledee will mark you down as a customer instead of a supporter.

They will no doubt name change and start again .

I was given good advice earlier mate.

Dont reply to them.

Clueless doesnt cover it.

I have never blocked anyone but I'm close with those muppets.

Fair comment.

6 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:lol:

Nailed him. 

1 minute ago, FruitJuice said:

Honest question.  How come injuries haven't impacted our cup runs?  If we are doing well in the cups with injuries, why aren't we doing better in the league?

Who says they didn't affect our cup runs? 

We lost years Semi and Final, with a full squad we might have won those games and you'd be calling Levein a 🏆 winner.

2 minutes ago, jake said:

Best ignored mate .

I like arguing on here but when posters twist and troll it's a waste of time.

Sound advice, jake. 

Which I'll take. 

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:pleasing:

46 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Worst post on this forum. 

Up there with wanting Hibs to win the Scottish Cup. 

48 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I believe CL is far more interested in his wallet than hearts, if I’m honest. 

Allegedly, ‘guaranteeing’ we won’t be relegated to AB, is where recent conversations have been I understand!!! 

AB has got herself in a pickle with CL, for a number of reasons. The financial implications seem to be much bigger than they should for a manager with 6 month left on a contract. 

I think CL will see out his contract but It will be a horrible end. His reputation will be done (no half time draw return for him) with hearts, he will drag AB into needless abuse, we will have to endure some horrid football/results/relegation battle and will be left with some poor financial situations around first team due to some poor contract decisions.

CL will be paid though, result for him, and still be AB’s boy. 

Great post. 

The Real Maroonblood
31 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

:jj:

32 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

This will be interesting.....................

7 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Up there with wanting Hibs to win the Scottish Cup. 

Or starting a thread "come on hibernian"

Beggars belief.

But hey we are all just customers hes the real deal.

5 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So if Levein wins the League Cup (only 2 matches away) does he than classify as a winner and all is forgiven?

do you go to the games at Tynecastle? Genuine question as you seem to be very pro Levein. Which of course is anybody’s choice.

just interested to know if you attend Hearts games and watch his football

38 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

Honest answer.

Last season

- League Cup:we got to the semi and, after 8 minutes or so, lost Naisy  It was around that time the injuries mounted up with Berra, Souttar and Uche already missing

- Scottish Cup: we got a relatively easy run in the Scottish although we struggled against Partick.  Haring, Souttar and Uche were able to play in the final although PH left after about an hour and we lost.

This season:

-we huffed and puffed in the LC as well as the league but had a decent game against 'Well when we had Halkett, Walker and Washington in the side - they're not now.

Edited by JamboAl

39 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

If it was only injuries to blame why did we not get better when we got our players back from injury last season? Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Haring and Uche all came back and played yet we were still poor. 

58 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Has someone said they are solely to blame or did you just make that up?

6 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If it was only injuries to blame why did we not get better when we got our players back from injury last season? Naismith, Berra, Souttar, Haring and Uche all came back and played yet we were still poor. 

What game(s) did they all play in?

Just now, JamboAl said:

Has someone said they are solely to blame or did you just make that up?

Check Spoleto’s posts. 👍🏻

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, jake said:

Or starting a thread "come on hibernian"

Beggars belief.

But hey we are all just customers hes the real deal.

Who started a thread come on hibs? 

BTW, You're only a customer if you use Hearts services, not going to games and Boycotting us isn't a customer. 

19 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

So if Levein wins the League Cup (only 2 matches away) does he than classify as a winner and all is forgiven?

Still want shot of him.

2 minutes ago, rick witter said:

Check Spoleto’s posts. 👍🏻

I tell you what. Why don't you quote me where I've said that?

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

A lot of people in life get confused and often think the exception is the rule. 

CL run of form at start of last season was his exception. The rule is the utter tripe that’s been served up before and after that run. In addition to most his career. 

Just as bad luck happens so does good luck I guess. 

I'm starting to get the hang of this.  If we are doing well, it is an exception but if we hit poor form through injuries etc that is the currency.

Am I doing this right?

2 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Still want shot of him.

Now you see I find that interesting. 

There was another thread that set the question along the lines of What can CL do to turn things around?

A reasonable question I thought. Then some posters said that there was NOTHING he could do. Didn't matter if he won the next 10 matches, won cups etc.

So to me that says it's personal, nothing to do with him as a manager. I don't understand that, do you?

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Now you see I find that interesting. 

There was another thread that set the question along the lines of What can CL do to turn things around?

A reasonable question I thought. Then some posters said that there was NOTHING he could do. Didn't matter if he won the next 10 matches, won cups etc.

So to me that says it's personal, nothing to do with him as a manager. I don't understand that, do you?

there is nothing that can be done to re-establish the trust, once its lost its lost forever !! this applies in all walks of life 

Edited by kingantti1874

3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No, unfortunately your not. Comprehensions your issue though.

The exception is something that is not the norm. A run of good results is pretty unique in CL second stint as a manager. Pish results and underperformance are more the norm. 

Hence why your building your defence round an exception.

Thanks for proving my point though 😂

I don't see how he has proven your point at all. The table below shows CL's win percentage in his second stint INCLUDING the recent run of bad results. I would say that it disproves your point.

Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win %
Cowdenbeath Scotland 1997 2000 127 46 26 55 36.22
Hearts Scotland 2000 2004 170 74 41 55 43.53
Leicester City England 2004 2006 72 20 26 26 27.78
Raith Rovers Scotland 2006 2006 7 1 3 3 14.29
Dundee United Scotland 2006 2009 137 55 40 42 40.15
Scotland Scotland 2009 2012 24 10 5 9 41.67
Hearts Scotland 2017 present 103 42 26 35 40.78
Total 640 248 167 225 38.75

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

there is nothing that can be done to re-establish the trust, once its lost its lost forever !! this applies in all walks of life 

Jeez. Are you being serious?

CL hasn't murdered or robbed anyone - he's a football manager. I'm sorry but I really don't get where you are coming from at all.

2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Think it was last Thursday I said to spoleto he was doing well to still be  on here and I come on tonight to see he’s been here full time all weekend.... he must have put some time and effort in this weekend 

Any other fans forum in the uk and he’d be long gone 

Tbf that's what I like about kickback.

But aye some shift hes had the day .

Backed up by his sidekick.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

No, unfortunately your not. Comprehensions your issue though.

The exception is something that is not the norm. A run of good results is pretty unique in CL second stint as a manager. Pish results and underperformance are more the norm. 

Hence why your building your defence round an exception.

Thanks for proving my point though 😂

I'm not building a defence but merely stating facts.

Your 1st paragraph suggests that English is not your strong point.

I would agree with your definition of "exception" if the poor form had come somewhere, say mid-season, if we started off not so well, then had a good run followed by a bad run.  When however we started off well for the 1st 3 months or so and then hit the buffers, with injury being a major contributory factor, then I would disagree.

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

😂 that’s pish record to be honest. His latest spell he is as successful as Tommy Wright at st Johnstone with 40%. Granted Tommy Wright won a trophy.

He’s that shite, he’s less successful than tommy wright at management statically speaking. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Wright_(footballer,_born_1963)

Now I would have said that TW has a good record, he's punched above his weight (difficult to do) at StJ.

5 minutes ago, smiler said:

If this Spoleto ***** is annoying you all so much then stop engaging with the ****er.

It looks like your keyboard is broken, the * key is stuck.

• JKBMod 12 changed the title to Levein’s time is up...
  • davemclaren locked this topic