Statement from Budge

kila

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

You sound so democratic.

So did you come up with any evidence to back up your claims of impropriety regarding contracts for the new main stand build.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, El Diez said:

On what grounds?

the fact he said the entire hearts board are defrauding the fans to fund his mates to the tune of millions

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Shouldn't post defamatory pish then, eh.

:greggy:

Far better exponent's on here. Sad, folks!

Read our accounts mate. It will prove a good starting point for you.

1 minute ago, El Diez said:

Play the ball not the man.

Far too easy to aim accusations rather than discuss the point.

Christ, Mothy tried to nail him with an FOH question and got clamped so resorted to similar.

Sad times.

Try this for a point.

If AB hadn't taken the action she has possibly the football authorities and or the Police would have.

The sections that were mentioned namely G and N could have been closed off completely in the event of any further trouble.

Anyone can see that she had to take action before it was forced on her.

You might not agree 100% with all the points but she had to be seen to take action.

She deserves the backing of the fans.

6 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

It is why KB is unable to act a a platform for a wider spectrum of our support. Bullying and silencing of different views is widespread and is reflective of the silencing of debate that exists in Scotland at the moment.

Not as bad as making unsubstantiated claims of financial mismanagement (I'll do you a favour by not saying that you were claiming fraud) without backing them up. Indicative of the 'fake news' syndrome that exists throughout the world at the moment.

Edited by redjambo

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, livingstonjambo said:

the fact he said the entire hearts board are defrauding the fans to fund his mates to the tune of millions

Which he is getting rounded on for. Embarrassment is far more effective than banning.

A bit like Question in Hamilton in fact.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, obua said:

So did you come up with any evidence to back up your claims of impropriety regarding contracts for the new main stand build.

Did a relative of Budge make a lot of money from the new stand? Yes or no?

2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

No idea.

So it's not who you were implying it was earlier. 

Any clues to who you might be (falsely) accusing now?

1 minute ago, livingstonjambo said:

I missed that.

24 hours ago?

William H. Bonney
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'd like to hope so but I can see a 3 monkeys stance being adopted.

As adopted by the sfa and spfl.

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

It's going to be an interesting match in many ways, Geoff. When the Rangers fans sing their sectarian songs, as they will undoubtedly do, then our fans will have every right to loudly take our club to task if we do nothing about it. The club has three weeks to decide how it is going to approach the matter. Could it mark the advent of a new no-nonsense approach to OF fans?

I'd rather have no OF fans.

Do you have access to their accounts. 

But is this not who you just said you have no idea about? 

2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

I missed that.

24 hours ago?

You need to check back a few pages.

7 hours ago, HEARTS FOREVER said:

Can't wait to see her take action when the  Old firm come to town. 

Also if this is the warning WE are getting......I can only imagine the warning dumpster will be handing out will be far sterner. 

They had their chance at that after the cup final and as far as I know hardly a thing was said.

the fact that there was no club punishment for this has bred more bad behaviour nationally 

Her brothers company did some of the work,said company is still in business so I’m guessing it wasn’t done at a loss.Whether or not he made a lot of money I don’t know.

KingRudi_2012
4 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

Making stuff up. Pathetic.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, obua said:

Her brothers company did some of the work,said company is still in business so I’m guessing it wasn’t done at a loss.Whether or not he made a lot of money I don’t know.

Fair enough.

36 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Fair point. Wonder what save the children think about all the recent press? 

I think we could manage to get a more lucrative sponsorship

than Save the Children,if I remember rightly,is it not a benefactor who pays for this,so maybe we are missing out in a proper sponsorship deal.

KingRudi_2012
5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Not as bad as making unsubstantiated claims of financial mismanagement (I'll do you a favour by not saying that you were claiming fraud) without backing them up. Indicative of the 'fake news' syndrome that exists throughout the world at the moment.

A family member of Budge profitted fron the new stand. This is fact.

11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Try this for a point.

If AB hadn't taken the action she has possibly the football authorities and or the Police would have.

The sections that were mentioned namely G and N could have been closed off completely in the event of any further trouble.

Anyone can see that she had to take action before it was forced on her.

You might not agree 100% with all the points but she had to be seen to take action.

She deserves the backing of the fans.

Not got a problem with her having to be seen to be taking action.

The same hypothetical scenario of closure applies to the school end though. An end that brings us in more money than the walk ups in N and G combined (season ticket cash is banked)

Nothing said.

Edited by El Diez

As much as that may be fact,that is not what you said earlier.

Just now, KingRudi_2012 said:

But it is not new information. It is well-known and documented (as was shown earlier in this thread). Why you are raising it again now mystifies me, unless you're claiming some impropriety. It's all very Greengingerish.

With our new sprinkler system can we not just "adjust" it to soak the away fans any time any dodgy songs start. 

I reckon this would work, word is they don't like water.

Soon get the lesson.

Our own fandangoes could be trickier wouldn't want to soak a whole section for the actions of a "few",  perhaps stewards with water pistols ?

i wish jj was my dad
10 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Budge loves the OF cash.

No. She just doesn't pick her fights in public.

3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Which was what?

Someone made "millions" from sending an invoice for £500,000. Their company also made £500,000 from the same invoice.

i wish jj was my dad
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

But it is not new information. It is well-known and documented (as was shown earlier in this thread). Why you are raising it again now mystifies me, unless you're claiming some impropriety. It's all very Greengingerish.

LtHC

Edited by i wish jj was my dad
And I don't mean you, Red

Just now, Rally200 said:

With our new sprinkler system can we not just "adjust" it to soak the away fans any time any dodgy songs start. 

Soon get the lesson.

Our own fandangoes could be trickier wouldn't want to soak a whole section for the actions of a "few",  perhaps stewards with water pistols ?

Ah, now we're getting away from jaw-jaw and moving on to practical action. :) Great ideas!

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Rally200 said:

Soon get the lesson.

Possible I'm sure considering the home fans looked like they got a soaking during the derby at half time

Dagger Is Back

I really don’t know how I feel about her statement.

I’m not sure what I understand by family friendly, although I have some concerns about what ABs interpretation may be

Having an ST in upper G where most folks happily stand, I’ll be well pissed off on Saturday if asked to sit down by a steward. 

I stand because my knees and back are goosed and I find it more comfortable. If folks behind me are sitting though and want me to sit,  I’ll suffer and sit too. Doesn’t tend to happen in that part of the ground though.

I’ve been no angel over the last 40+ years following Hearts. I’m embarrassed by some of the things I’ve sung and done over those years, and those things deserve to be left in previous decades.

There’s no place for sectarianism and bigotry at Tynecastle or anywhere else for that matter. Fair play to AB for trying to eradicate those ills from our club.

I watched last week as smoke bombs were thrown from one set of numpties to another, particularly at the end of the game.

i saw our expensive pitch being scorched and thought what a bunch of arseholes some folks are, to think that kind of behaviour is OK. Did it not enter their tiny minds that folks could get seriously hurt?

Fair play to AB for trying to sort this out.

She missed though, in my opinion, the opportunity to highlight the behaviour of visiting supporters. It doesn’t excuse what happened on our watch last week but there needs to be a consistent message and approach.

I also think the club have missed a trick by not creating specific areas of the ground where the response to standing is to turn the other cheek. I also think we made a complete mess of the SSO and for me it highlights a lack of understanding at Board level.

I want Tynecastle to be loud, intimidating and hostile. I think that can be done without the pyro, without the bigotry and without the missiles, but what I miss in ABs statement is discussion and dialogue, leading to common understanding and purpose.

I’ll go and get my tin hat ready.

Edited by Dagger Is Back

44 minutes ago, hellokello said:

Can,t remember wee Jimmy getting involved in all the other coin throwing incidents,from other stadiums,must be a vote winner,to protect wee Lenny

Or someone might have asked her a question in Parliament perhaps? Ignorance is bliss. 

4 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

What you are missing is Ann has power over the whole of Tynecastle and she only chooses to mention our fans. Where was her condemnation of the actions of Hibs fans in her statement? After all they are guests at Tynecastle and should also abide by our rules.

The reality is that she is going to town on a support who have pumped 10s of millions from our own pockets into the club to keep it alive and enabled certain individuals to profit to the tune of several million from the New Stand.

Did you forget you mentioned this.

livingstonjambo
16 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Making stuff up. Pathetic.

that is basically what you have been saying all day...

There is nothing inaccurate about that statement. 

So who made several million from the new stand.

Even the bit about individuals profiting to the tune of several million?

I suppose you never said million what. 

Where's the evidence that certain individuals 'profited to the tune of several million'?

We shouldnt set our standards on how other fans behave, and in recent years our support has shown they are a cut above. Very happy with Anne's stance that violence and bigotary will be dealt with at Tynecastle.

The whole project was only several million.

The steelworks in itself was probably several million. 

There doesn't seem to be much scope for individuals (plural) to make several million profit.

I'd be surprised if all the various contractors combined made several millions profit between them all.

Edited by SUTOL

livingstonjambo
30 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Which he is getting rounded on for. Embarrassment is far more effective than banning.

A bit like Question in Hamilton in fact.

good point btw

Christ let it go ?

He repeated something said to him by a mate or whatever.

Its been quite clear for a while he knows he was wrong to say so.

Had he just said...

’Ann Budges Hibs supporting family member has scored out of this big time’

He wouldn’t have gotten the grief he has but WOULD have been bang on the cash.

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Not you, Red

It's just that I didn't know what it meant. :)

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, redjambo said:

It's just that I didn't know what it meant. :)

Place needs disinfected again.

• cosanostra locked this topic