Statement from Budge

kila

37 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

He can’t even write in proper English .... Mark James ... what’s his surname?

Uh oh, here’s Peeping Tom :peepwall:

Breaking more ground rules today? Tut tut. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

2 minutes ago, farin said:

Her target audience don’t do themselves any favours tbh. ? 

92657852-DDA1-4EB0-8FCE-BFADBCF6381D.thumb.jpeg.3a915a33be490bff71921f40e3a5981e.jpeg

He/She/They truly are the hard of thinking.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

I stand and I've never sung Hello Hello or threw anything at football matches however I have been known to post the odd roi flag on here to wind up the bigots. Don't know where I fit in to your group.

My post was not a scatter gun shot but over the past 4 years I’ve seen the same people home and way involved in and around the grounds and travelling to and from the grounds . My conclusion is that they in the main are the ones bleating the most about the steps we are taking to bring some order to the games. The answers are really quite simple, don’t throw things and don’t sing songs that offend people. My personal view is if they want to stand and sing then let them abide by the rules. They didn’t and we are where we are now. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Throw not through

Scnorthedinburgh
8 minutes ago, farin said:

92657852-DDA1-4EB0-8FCE-BFADBCF6381D.thumb.jpeg.3a915a33be490bff71921f40e3a5981e.jpeg

I ticked the boycott games option.

Easiest way to get rid of them.

They really don't think things through.

Hope Anne has lots of Twitter bots to unleash.

I just can't get my head around why some people feel as though they can't support the club in the same manner without being bigoted or antisocial, even the seat thing shouldn't affect your abilities to get behind the team and support the players. 

Whilst this sort of stuff is unfortunately ingrained in society and brief parts of history it doesn't in any way reflect the club and it never ever has. 

A club formed by local men who frequented an Edinburgh dance hall that grew into the highlight of the week for tens of thousands of people who wanted to watch some football and get a glimpse of Bobby Walker, by the time the wars came round Hearts were a behemoth, our players fought and died in the great war because they believed it was the right thing to do and many supporters followed their hero's into battle and the whole country was left in depression. Then the emergence of the Tommy Walker era occurred and the supporters suddenly found themselves supporting a team of world class footballers who won trophies left right and centre, in the 60s and 70s the fans suddenly became tested as many who were used to seeing us win trophies watched us flounder and yo-yo and despite this they still stayed by the club and heralded some of the players as personal hero's. For this period the loyal supporters were rewarded with the emergence of young players such as Craig Levein, John Colquhoun and John Robertson, for fans of a certain age it was the best time to follow the team and even with the tragedy of 86 and the lack of silverware through this era the support never lost the enthusiasm and the empathy on a really personal level that we had with the players at that time. For all of this we received our long overdue reward in the shape of Jim Jeffries who gave us 98, the best day in the lives of thousands of people (unless you have kids). We continued to have decent seasons peppered with amazing memories all whilst the future of the club was severely uncertain, then a white night emerged, a Russian millionaire who promised the world and we actually believed him for a while not least because of players such as Skacel, Fyssas and Jankauskas dawning the turf of Tynie and doing it with a certain style that I've never seen before or since. As the Romanov era went on the air of uncertainty didn't go away, the players weren't getting paid and contracts weren't getting renewed and yet through these challenges we were able to witness another defining day, 5-1. After the dust settled it became clear that yet again the supporters had to act, we dug deep to buy shares despite having suspicions over the true reason why we'd been asked to because the reason paled in significance to the threat of losing our club. We saved the club, every single one of us and we supported the team all the way down to relegation, a new era began and for the first time in our history we had an owner who was capable and sensible and understood what it means to be Heart of Midlothian, she came with hearts people, from the directors to the coaches and by some sort of miracle we put together a team in one summer good enough to win the league against sides with similar or bigger budgets and with more time to build and again we did it with style. 

The club is getting back to what it was now, its being run sensibly without risk and it is developing off the park faster than ever before, the new stand is built and the budget continues to rise year on year. On the park we are being steered by a manager who we can trust, who loves the club and won't allow the players to become disinterested and lazy, we have leaders on the park and a general attitude in the squad of optimism and pride to wear the badge. The crop of youngsters coming through promises to be the best we've seen in many many years and the budget will continue to grow. The future is very bright indeed. 

Notice I didn't mention religion, politics or antisocial behaviour once, that's because it isn't relevant. If you need those things to support the club then I don't think you really get it. 

I'm ranting a bit, that was all off the top of my head so might have said some nonsense but I don't have time to proof read. The point is that Heart of Midlothian are a very special club which we all hold very closely to our hearts and this behaviour that we've seen spike recently is an absolute disgrace to the badge and doesn't belong in the same sentence as Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I just can't get my head around why some people feel as though they can't support the club in the same manner without being bigoted or antisocial, even the seat thing shouldn't affect your abilities to get behind the team and support the players. 

Whilst this sort of stuff is unfortunately ingrained in society and brief parts of history it doesn't in any way reflect the club and it never ever has. 

A club formed by local men who frequented an Edinburgh dance hall that grew into the highlight of the week for tens of thousands of people who wanted to watch some football and get a glimpse of Bobby Walker, by the time the wars came round Hearts were a behemoth, our players fought and died in the great war because they believed it was the right thing to do and many supporters followed their hero's into battle and the whole country was left in depression. Then the emergence of the Tommy Walker era occurred and the supporters suddenly found themselves supporting a team of world class footballers who won trophies left right and centre, in the 60s and 70s the fans suddenly became tested as many who were used to seeing us win trophies watched us flounder and yo-yo and despite this they still stayed by the club and heralded some of the players as personal hero's. For this period the loyal supporters were rewarded with the emergence of young players such as Craig Levein, John Colquhoun and John Robertson, for fans of a certain age it was the best time to follow the team and even with the tragedy of 86 and the lack of silverware through this era the support never lost the enthusiasm and the empathy on a really personal level that we had with the players at that time. For all of this we received our long overdue reward in the shape of Jim Jeffries who gave us 98, the best day in the lives of thousands of people (unless you have kids). We continued to have decent seasons peppered with amazing memories all whilst the future of the club was severely uncertain, then a white night emerged, a Russian millionaire who promised the world and we actually believed him for a while not least because of players such as Skacel, Fyssas and Jankauskas dawning the turf of Tynie and doing it with a certain style that I've never seen before or since. As the Romanov era went on the air of uncertainty didn't go away, the players weren't getting paid and contracts weren't getting renewed and yet through these challenges we were able to witness another defining day, 5-1. After the dust settled it became clear that yet again the supporters had to act, we dug deep to buy shares despite having suspicions over the true reason why we'd been asked to because the reason paled in significance to the threat of losing our club. We saved the club, every single one of us and we supported the team all the way down to relegation, a new era began and for the first time in our history we had an owner who was capable and sensible and understood what it means to be Heart of Midlothian, she came with hearts people, from the directors to the coaches and by some sort of miracle we put together a team in one summer good enough to win the league against sides with similar or bigger budgets and with more time to build and again we did it with style. 

The club is getting back to what it was now, its being run sensibly without risk and it is developing off the park faster than ever before, the new stand is built and the budget continues to rise year on year. On the park we are being steered by a manager who we can trust, who loves the club and won't allow the players to become disinterested and lazy, we have leaders on the park and a general attitude in the squad of optimism and pride to wear the badge. The crop of youngsters coming through promises to be the best we've seen in many many years and the budget will continue to grow. The future is very bright indeed. 

Notice I didn't mention religion, politics or antisocial behaviour once, that's because it isn't relevant. If you need those things to support the club then I don't think you really get it. 

I'm ranting a bit, that was all off the top of my head so might have said some nonsense but I don't have time to proof read. The point is that Heart of Midlothian are a very special club which we all hold very closely to our hearts and this behaviour that we've seen spike recently is an absolute disgrace to the badge and doesn't belong in the same sentence as Hearts. 

Poor

1 hour ago, Nixie said:

Save our club. Looks like Budge is becoming a dictator.

From her origins, to the wealth she now has, did not come to pass, by  being "mr nice guy". Business is, as business does.

I hate the sectarian and violent element in our support, but do not want to attend a match, like I am going to the cinema.

There areas of the ground, supporters expect to stand (do something about the away support, with your stewards and police) if you have a problem with it.

Stop taking the easy route, of calling out easily (you can identify, through season tickets) your financially loyal club support.

If these morons want to get rid of Ann early there is a straightforward way to do it - put lots more money into FOH and buy her out ahead of schedule.

She won't be leaving until she is rightfully paid back, and even then maybe the FOH would retain her in some capacity.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, frankblack said:

If these morons want to get rid of Ann early there is a straightforward way to do it - put lots more money into FOH and buy her out ahead of schedule.

She won't be leaving until she is rightfully paid back, and even then maybe the FOH would retain her in some capacity.

Be a sad day when that lady leaves 

21 minutes ago, farin said:

That is absolutely pathetic. Would be interested to see how much they actually knew about British history.

Why don't these clowns just f@ck off to Ibrox?

There are several issues that needed to be considered when the statement was made. 

Pyrotechnics - Easy to fix. At a lot of bigger grounds down here the search policy is that everyone gets patted down and bags searched. At bigger games like Manchester derby tomorrow there will be sniffer dogs on duty trained specifically to look for pyrotechnics. Dogs would only really need to be deployed at bigger games.

Standing - A much harder fix. The responsibility for enforcing ground regulations falls firmly on the stewards. The police only become involved if they are requested by the stewards to help deal with an incident or if a criminal offence takes place and then it’s at the decision of the match commander whether to send officers in at the time to arrest or follow the offender on CCTV in stadium and make the arrest when from a crowd and police safety point of view, it’s easier to do so. The issue of standing at grounds is widespread and almost impossible for a steward to enforce. How do you stop 500, 1000, 2000 people standing at a football match. Should a safe standing area have been considered when developing stand. In all honesty, yes. They will become the norm at grounds up and down UK in next few years. Self policing it??? What’s a steward going to do, remove 500 people from the ground. How do you deal with the away fans in this. The stewards remove all of them???? The police do not enforce this. This is a ground regulation..

Ah the age old singing/flag issue - Lets start with the singing. Most of us who are of a certain age will remember when Tynecastle was much much much worse than it is today. No Pope of Rome, The Sash and Derry’s Walls were regular ‘songs’ sung at Tynecastle. Where the fans stood at the back of the terracing was nicknamed orange corner, so let’s not kid ourselves that this is a recent problem or a songbook that is seen regularly at Ibrox. It’s one song, The Billy Boys,  that comes out when Celtic and Hibs come to town. In this day and age is it a very enlightened song, no. Is it offensive, yes. Is it sung for 90 minutes every game, no. How can you stop it. Probably impossible. Like it or not, unfortunately the song does reflect Scottish society where there are a small minority on both sides of the divide who believe that the other side needs to be conquered and subjugated. The only way to eradicate this completely is for the SFA to step in. Hearts have a minor problem with regards to offensive chanting. For the OF, it’s a way of life. To stop it needs drastic measures. Points deductions. Every time a sectarian song is sung, they club is deducted a point. Observers who have no connection to the SFA, at the game are aware of the requirements for  banned songs and note every time one is sung. The clubs are then told, you’ve lost x number of points today. It would soon mean that the club# get their supporters in line especially as a for Celtic and Rangers they’d be in relegation trouble from day one. Drastic, yes but the radical solution to stop offensive chanting at the football. 

Flags are are a more complex issue. The Union flag is the flag of Great Britain, of which Scotland is a part. How can you stop someone attending a football match with the flag of their country. We all know it’s for other reasons but the reality is that if they tried to stop it, Hearts could very well find themselves being taken to the ECHR or whatever we have to protect citizens rights after Brexit and not having a leg to stand on. Ulster flags they may have more joy with unless it’s Ulster Hearts SC. 

Coin Thrower - again unfortunately something that has gone on at grounds up and down the UK for a number of years. It’s an extremely dangerous thing to do as it has the potential to cause serious injury. An area where the fans should get involved with self policing and weed out the troublemakers.

Her statement was well intentioned but is in reality almost completely unworkable.

For me there should have been more focus talking about Zlamal and putting it out therefor the media to remember that our goalkeeper was assaulted and also had item# thrown at him. I’d also go as far to say that she should have put a bit more back at Hibs and highlighting Lennon’s conduct on the night and questioning his stance that it was because he’s Catholic. If that was the case, the club should have maybe put the question out there as to why it happened at that time. If it was because of his religion, any fan had 92 minutes to throw a coin at Lennon yet they didn’t and that maynpbe there were other factors in play in the lead up to the incident. 

11 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

She is trying to tackle a societal issue which the governemnt have no desire to tackle. By raising the issue in relation to our fans simply paints our fans in a terrible light.

Why are we drawing attention to a small number of sectarian fans? I just don't get it.

187784-850x638-cat-hiding-in-curtain-300x225-1.jpg.e113c2ba72def93bbd294c0e8c176226.jpg

"Budge, don't mention the cat – we can't have anyone finding out we've got one."

13 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The answers are really quite simple, don’t throw things and don’t sing songs that offend people. My personal view is if they want to stand and sing then let them abide by the rules. They didn’t and we are where we are now. 

This, in spades, plenty of old songs, that do not involve sectarian differences. Cruickshank was always better than Yashin ☺

7 minutes ago, DVB said:

Poor

Sorry mate I just get riled up about this stuff, if folk think being told not to stand up holding a red hand of ulster and sing about fenian blood is in some way anti-hearts then we're better off without them, still pished from last night so I know I've probably ham fisted my history but that's not the point 

32 minutes ago, farin said:

Hmmm...not pleased to see a classic chant soiled in this way. 

2 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It is against the conditions of entry into the ground. Just like racist and sectarian chants.

People watching games through mobile phones and filming are akin to those idiots who wear half and half scarves and should be banned from football entirely, IMO.

On the other hand there's that young chap who does his vlogs of Hearts games. They're great to watch.

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

On the other hand there's that young chap who does his vlogs of Hearts games. They're great to watch.

Can't say I've ever watched one.

William H. Bonney
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Can't say I've ever watched one.

You should. They are very good. Jih's videos are probably upskirt ones anyway. 

12 minutes ago, redjambo said:

They are good,he also goes by the rules and doesn’t show live action from the game.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

God, no!!

Was forever cleaning the urine stains of my doc martens , and all that fag smoke, no thanks.

Lot of (at times, justifiable) anger against the UJ-waving crew, the sectarian singers and even against those who choose to stand up. It’s hard to argue their cases. 

But, by not applying the rules to away fans, it will lead to confrontation and petty resistance aimed at Budge and that would be quietly supported by more supporters than just those involved. 

This “we need to get our own house in order before we can point the finger at anyone else” is crap and does not work. And how can we say we want a “family friendly” atmosphere if 20% of the crowd are not playing nicely?

Unworkable. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Was forever cleaning the urine stains of my doc martens , and all that fag smoke, no thanks.

Living with incontinence is never easy. ?

50 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

And would be even sadder if she was somehow hounded out by a few idiots who can't see past the ends of their noses and can't see that she works tirelessly for the good of the club!

9 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Haha this boy needs launched from my Facebook, but I can't for these gems!

D1889D7E-FB9B-4826-97DD-1009A7229BBE.jpeg

My word, Budge or that *******. I know who I'd rather push away. 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
11 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

No. She just doesn't pick her fights in public.

Can you tell us what she has done behind closed doors then. 

10 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Haha this boy needs launched from my Facebook, but I can't for these gems!

D1889D7E-FB9B-4826-97DD-1009A7229BBE.jpeg

What an idiot. Seems like she's "pushing away" arseholes who we don't want in our support. Would help if people didn't start launching into "hello hello" en masse at matches; only encourages these morons.

1 minute ago, Jambos_1874 said:

What an idiot. Seems like she's "pushing away" arseholes who we don't want in our support. Would help if people didn't start launching into "hello hello" en masse at matches; only encourages these morons.

Does that not say more about how a lot of Hearts fans feel about that song? 

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Does that not say more about how a lot of Hearts fans feel about that song? 

How so?

9 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Who is “we”, by the way? 

I am not on board with what these guys are into but I would never push a Hearts fan away. 

That the majority of Hearts fans don’t have a problem with it?

I'd say it is a fairly catchy song (in terms of tune) that lends itself well to the football but happens to contain some horrendous lyrics. I don't think anyone in our support (bar a small minority) actually really mean what they are singing but they do know it's something that shouldn't be sung. Most of our support probably don't have a problem with it as it's just seen as another song, partly as the lyrics probably mean nothing to them.

1 hour ago, farin said:

I vote for them to boycott games    please

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Who is “we”, by the way? 

I am not on board with what these guys are into but I would never push a Hearts fan away. 

Any sensible/reasonable Hearts fan.

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

I'd say it is a fairly catchy song (in terms of tune) that lends itself well to the football but happens to contain some horrendous lyrics. I don't think anyone in our support (bar a small minority) actually really mean what they are singing but they do know it's something that shouldn't be sung. Most of our support probably don't have a problem with it as it's just seen as another song, partly as the lyrics probably mean nothing to them.

Righy, so most of the support don’t have a problem with it. 

So MOST of the support disagree with Ann Budge’s effort to eradicate songs such as that? Is that not going to cause her an issue?

Scnorthedinburgh

Didn't realise we had so many church going fans, Sunday kick off must be a pain for them.

It's football plain and simple.

For example a foreign media team are in the tynie arms right now doing parts for a feature.

Would you rather

A. Be all about king Billy and prods.

B. Standing up

C. Saving our club, no betting company on our shirt. And a few brave souls who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Righy, so most of the support don’t have a problem with it. 

So MOST of the support disagree with Ann Budge’s effort to eradicate songs such as that? Is that not going to cause her an issue?

Like I said, they probably don't have a problem woth it but equally they know it shouldn't be sung and probably don't feel strongly about it. So, I doubt it will cause her an issue and hopefully, in time, it isn't sung as much and people self police a bit more. The main initial priority is that we eradicate coin and flare throwing first.

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Do you include yourself in that?

Yeap, and probably most people on JKB/the wider fanbase.

3 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Didn't realise we had so many church going fans, Sunday kick off must be a pain for them.

It's football plain and simple.

For example a foreign media team are in the tynie arms right now doing parts for a feature.

Would you rather

A. Be all about king Billy and prods.

B. Standing up

C. Saving our club, no betting company on our shirt. And a few brave souls who paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Are they German, or maybe Dutch??  There was a film crew in the Strawberry bar last week before the Newcastle game. My mates desperate to find out what they are filming for as he was filmed, the media hxxr that he is

Scnorthedinburgh
Just now, XB52 said:

Are they German, or maybe Dutch??  There was a film crew in the Strawberry bar last week before the Newcastle game. My mates desperate to find out what they are filming for as he was filmed, the media hxxr that he is

German, also have bt sports in now getting background and pictures.

I would really like all the bigots, & Budge haters to vote with their feet, & stop going to games. 

Also cancel their FOH subscriptions, because what they want Hearts to be, will never happen. 

AB has tried her best to modernise the Club, but elements of the support remain in the past. 

This has blown up most recently, BECAUSE OF A COIN & SMOKEBOMBS that some arseholes threw.  

Bridge of Djoum
48 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Lot of (at times, justifiable) anger against the UJ-waving crew, the sectarian singers and even against those who choose to stand up. It’s hard to argue their cases. 

But, by not applying the rules to away fans, it will lead to confrontation and petty resistance aimed at Budge and that would be quietly supported by more supporters than just those involved. 

This “we need to get our own house in order before we can point the finger at anyone else” is crap and does not work. And how can we say we want a “family friendly” atmosphere if 20% of the crowd are not playing nicely?

Unworkable. 

So your solution or starting point is...

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Correct. And she wont be forced out by a few arseholes within our support.

• cosanostra locked this topic