Statement from Budge

kila

Just now, El Diez said:

Christ let it go ?

He repeated something said to him by a mate or whatever.

Its been quite clear for a while he knows he was wrong to say so.

Had he just said...

’Ann Budges Hibs supporting family member has scored out of this big time’

He wouldn’t have gotten the grief he has but WOULD have been bang on the cash.

Define "big time" and give evidence of it. 

Just to prove you and him would be BANG on the cash, so to speak. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

livingstonjambo
Just now, SUTOL said:

millions out of 500k is BIG TIME

Just now, SUTOL said:

I’ve given some info in the past.

Take what you want from it, I care little either way.

4 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Christ let it go ?

He repeated something said to him by a mate or whatever.

Its been quite clear for a while he knows he was wrong to say so.

Had he just said...

’Ann Budges Hibs supporting family member has scored out of this big time’

He wouldn’t have gotten the grief he has but WOULD have been bang on the cash.

And where's your evidence for that?  ?

KingRudi_2012

I apologise if I have came across as a tit tonight. It was not intended. I just hate that people jump on the bandwagon when Budge has a go at our support as they think she is Angel Gabriel. Goodnight x

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

And where's your evidence for that?  ?

Right here, in the phone I’m using.

Unfortunately, it’s not something that will be getting shared.

It’s old hat anyway, tbh. I’m sure you read the rumours months ago.

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I apologise if I have came across as a tit tonight. It was not intended. I just hate that people jump on the bandwagon when Budge has a go at our support as they think she is Angel Gabriel. Goodnight x

Bit odd how you created an account on KB on the night of the recent derby (31st Oct) then post nothing but negatively after that.

Really?

Cheerio.

livingstonjambo
2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Right here, in the phone I’m using.

Unfortunately, it’s not something that will be getting shared.

It’s old hat anyway, tbh. I’m sure you read the rumours months ago.

please tell me the rumours... because if you are correct the entire Hearts and FOH boards have been complicit in lying to the fans and that should be shared to shareholders

31 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I really don’t know how I feel about her statement.

I’m not sure what I understand by family friendly, although I have some concerns about what ABs interpretation may be

Having an ST in upper G where most folks happily stand, I’ll be well pissed off on Saturday if asked to sit down by a steward. 

I stand because my knees and back are goosed and I find it more comfortable. If folks behind me are sitting though and want me to sit,  I’ll suffer and sit too. Doesn’t tend to happen in that part of the ground though.

I’ve been no angel over the last 40+ years following Hearts. I’m embarrassed by some of the things I’ve sung and done over those years, and those things deserve to be left in previous decades.

There’s no place for sectarianism and bigotry at Tynecastle or anywhere else for that matter. Fair play to AB for trying to eradicate those ills from our club.

I watched last week as smoke bombs were thrown from one set of numpties to another, particularly at the end of the game.

i saw our expensive pitch being scorched and thought what a bunch of arseholes some folks are, to think that kind of behaviour is OK. Did it not enter their tiny minds that folks could get seriously hurt?

Fair play to AB for trying to sort this out.

She missed though, in my opinion, the opportunity to highlight the behaviour of visiting supporters. It doesn’t excuse what happened on our watch last week but there needs to be a consistent message and approach.

I also think the club have missed a trick by not creating specific areas of the ground where the response to standing is to turn the other cheek. I also think we made a complete mess of the SSO and for me it highlights a lack of understanding at Board level.

I want Tynecastle to be loud, intimidating and hostile. I think that can be done without the pyro, without the bigotry and without the missiles, but what I miss in ABs statement is discussion and dialogue, leading to common understanding and purpose.

I’ll go and get my tin hat ready.

No need to get ur tin hat ready 

u make a lot of valid points in ur post

well said 

2 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

please tell me the rumours... because if you are correct the entire Hearts and FOH boards have been complicit in lying to the fans and that should be shared to shareholders

Melodramatic much?

Its business. It involved family.

As appealing as your utopian adventure appears to be, shit happens

4 hours ago, Pants Shaton said:

large_000000.jpg

Will the ban extend to tea-towels?  Or is it just flags?

Is that a prayer mat?

livingstonjambo
4 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Melodramatic much?

Its business. It involved family.

As appealing as your utopian adventure appears to be, shit happens

not melodramatic in the slightest, the members of FOH getting ripped off by the Hearts board would be scandalous 

portobellojambo1

I went out tonight not too long after the statement from Mrs Budge appeared online. I'm not long back home and started at the last page of this thread and sort of started reading from the last post backwards. It all seems to have gone off in a rather strange direction, I'm not sure how we got from what was originally posted to discussing Mrs Budge's brother being allocated part of the outstanding work following the dismissal of Clydesdale. I'm also not sure of what sort of costs were involved in replacing what was already there, whether there was any sort of profit to be made by anyone taking up the slack. Indeed I don't think it has ever been fully stated as to why Clydesdale was dismissed, the only thing I thought of at the time it happened was in terms of potential corners being cut and if those corners were cut by the original architects or if indeed they were cutting corners because they had been asked to do so to try and reduce expenditure. Do I think there was scope for someone coming in fairly late in the game to make substantial profit not really, do I think appointing a family member was a wise move, that part I couldn't even try to answer because it isn't a trade I'm familiar with so have no idea if the persons appointed were the best persons to carry out parts of the outstanding work and/or remedy any corners originally cut. I'm assuming at some point any figures being discussed/queried will have to appear as entries on HMFC's accounts otherwise the club's accountants will be both very reluctant and very stupid to sign them off without sufficient evidence being in place.

Edited by portobellojambo1

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

A lot of ann's statement I agree with. But if we are really going to restrict seats for Hearts fans whille giving up the whole of the Roseburn to the uglies then she has lost me. The very first step in improving the atmosphere and family friendly reputation of Tynie should be to restrict OF fans to one or at most two sections of the Roseburn. 

Very much this.  The OF fans were restricted to two sections in the Roseburn before the new Main Stand came into being.   I sat in Section K two seasons ago in a game against Sevco who had only L & M.  Only the vermin had the full use of the Roseburn.   

However with the increased capacity brought about by the new Main Stand, Hearts have put the emphasis on making a profit by giving the whole of the Roseburn to the uglies on the presumption that Tynecastle could not be filled by Hearts supporters alone.  This action is no different to what Killie, St Mirren and the rest do. 

I am of the opinion that the OF should only receive an allocation of tickets for Tynecastle equivalent to what Heats get for Ibrox/Parkhead.   Empty seats, sobeit. 

The whole situation seems to have grown into something it’s not !

The simple facts are Lennon antagonised the Hearts fans with his gestures to the crowd like an idiot, in return and idiot in the crowd throw a coin at him!

Now I don’t condone the coin thrower for what he did and I’m sure he will be punished, however Lennon dropped to the grown as though he had been shot!

Let’s rewind to Livingston v Rangers where the linesman got hit with a coin and not even in a heated game but he was professional in his conduct and got on with the job! 

Not one person checked Bobby was ok....then suddenly Lennon is rolling around.

Lennon thrives on the attention no he didn’t deserve being hit with a coin but he has once again shown himself to be the Class Clown!

Sadly the media attention has grown into a Circus and everyone has jumped on the victims new crusade, the ex top cop and police-federation were correct in saying Lennon should receive a punishment of some sort suddenly the next day Lennon claims the racism card covering his arse and then everyone-rolls over.

But for me it was 2 idiots nothing more nothing less the circus is growing daily now and we as a club are trapped in it when we could have called it out for what it was “2 idiots”

Sectarian Singing & Provocative Flags 
For me I can’t be bothered with the singing I goto Tynecastle to watch my team if I want to sing I’ll go to a sash bash simple as that no place for it in a modern society 
As I’ve stated on here before I am a member of the Orange Order and it’s things like this that throws our organisation into a bad light.

As for flags I don’t have a problem with the flags of our home nation or indeed the tricolour or Union Flag, flags are a wide range of people’s identity but so do hijack them as a provocative means,
I have 3-4 friends that often come over to watch Hearts they have their own logo etc these guys wouldn’t bring a flag but again seeing an Ulster Flag or Union Flag doesn’t upset them like wise a Tricolour as this is actually people’s identity.

What I do have an issue with is a daft young hibs fan who waves a tricolour at you who has no idea of its origins other than it will upset the hearts fans, Celtic and Tricolour is a bit different what isn’t is the songs of murder and glorifying of terrorist atrocities and that should be dealt with as a priority.

Personally if you have any respect for the flag or your nation or country you’ll leave it at home.

Footballs football your not always going to like what happens on or off the park in 90 min to me it’s the 90 min on the park I’m focusing on....

J.T.F.Robertson
1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Place needs disinfected again.

Does it ever! DO NOT "HUMOUR" THEM! Honestly, feckin unbelievable.

We are not being "exploited" and even if we were, I'd take it, the same way I did when Romanov was doing his thing.

We're not going to be winning any leagues, but we most certainly are in a better place than we've ever been in my miserable lifetime, so screw these imposters.

Ann's one of us.

I recall at the time of the Gorgie/Wheatfield/Roseburn stands being built (early/mid 90s), and even before that when benches were installed on the west terraces, being adamant that I was not going to sit. Football was a sport for watching standing up.  I was even angry about not being able to change ends at HT.

That was then and this is now: I happily sit in the Wheatfield and grumble about the guy who 'sits' in front of me but continually stands and ruins my view whenever Hearts have a scoring chance.  To be honest my lumbago would make it impossible to stand for more than 10 minutes.

Why can't Section N (or some other Section) be made into a standing section?  (It would not interfere with me sitting in the Wheatfield)  I expect the police will object due to N being adjacent to the away supporters and within chucking distance.

2 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

A family member of Budge profitted fron the new stand. This is fact.

So what.  The strategy for the build was to split the work into many manageable subcontract packages instead of one single construction contract.  This meant numerous subcontractors on site each making a profit but the sum of the subcontractors profits was likely to be less than the profit of a main construction contractor, thus saving Hearts money.

That a relative of Mrs Budge owned a company that won a subcontract (fairly) to carry out work on the new build is not fraud nor is it nepotism.  The profit made by this company (assuming it did make a profit) would be in thousands rather than millions. 

Edited by Tasavallan

13 hours ago, AndyNic said:

YAS, Ann. ****ing YAS.

20181109_135508.jpg

So if buy a ticket specifically at the back row with no moaning faced feckers behind you, they'll stop you from standing. Feck off!(Not you, the protocol) 

Edited by ri Alban

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

So what.  The strategy for the build was to split the work into many manageable subcontract packages instead of one single construction contract.  This meant numerous subcontractors on site each making a profit but the sum of the subcontractors profits was likely to be less than the profit of a main construction contractor, thus saving Hearts money.

That a relative of Mrs Budge owned a company that won a subcontract (fairly) to carry out work on the new build is not fraud nor is it nepotism.  The profit made by this company (assuming it did make a profit) would be in thousands rather than millions. 

Exactly ! Any other contractor doing the work Would've cost many millions more that's a fact

If ever there was a case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut it’s this, yes the idiots have to go but was it necessary to rub so many off our own fans up the wrong way, No other club would. I’m in section B so Iam we’ll away from it but have to admit without the 2 sections in question the Tynecastle atmosphere is very poor and that’s a fact. Obviously our owner wants to be seen as being 100% politically correct, which is fine but she’s going to create a 2 tier set of behaviour guidelines for cat A games as this is unenforceable in the away end.

6 minutes ago, Nixie said:

Save our club. Looks like Budge is becoming a dictator.

Delusions of grandeur.  Becoming another Vlad methinks.

just wait, she will appoint some looney with magic sticks.

For all the ‘GTF I am standing no matter what crew’ - you do realise there are reasons why stadium are all seaters.

96 reasons

And the guy that said he can’t sing without standing - aye you can mate.

12 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Taking films of action on the pitch is not allowed, for a start. 

Still curious as as to how your camera manages to catch people in the act to the extent that the club has found them useful.  Quite a feat. 

Well what harms comes from filming parts of play on the pitch?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Well what harms comes from filming parts of play on the pitch?

It is against the conditions of entry into the ground. Just like racist and sectarian chants.

People watching games through mobile phones and filming are akin to those idiots who wear half and half scarves and should be banned from football entirely, IMO.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

For all the ‘GTF I am standing no matter what crew’ - you do realise there are reasons why stadium are all seaters.

96 reasons

And the guy that said he can’t sing without standing - aye you can mate.

He probably stands having a dump.

30 minutes ago, Nixie said:

Save our club. Looks like Budge is becoming a dictator.

That's right. You make a stand. Maybe start your own wee group and buy her out. Foundation of Nixie.

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

He probably stands having a dump.

Sits down to pee though.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Well, these kinds of moments bring out the real wanks in our support.

Plus, not sure what this dude means:

D44776D6-CC46-40BF-A243-D1B2808EE8ED.jpeg.475724a3b93dc8fb6143e877cb56d75d.jpeg

Aye. we're due another flypast!

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

:rofl: pathetic from that "dude". 

I'll bet at plooky wee virgin. 

Edited by Sarah O

15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

Interesting how many posters are having a go at the club. It’s not the clubs fault these measures are being put in place it’s the fault entirely of the clowns who threw coins and pyrotechnics, sung sectarian songs and waved union flags and that hideous Lee Rigby flag.

Have a go at those people, their actions have left the club in a right shit state, the media has went to town on us and it’s a case of you reap what you sow.

Once they’ve left Tynecastle rules will be relaxed on standing again, until that point you’ll just have to suck it up and remember exactly who caused it.

Couldn’t have put it better myself ?

23 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I'm sure we all want be what we were in the 70s

:cornette:

8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Is that a prayer mat?

Sent to him by his biggest ally. The Pope in Rome.

10 hours ago, Barack said:

I think it does. As you've insinuated a fair bit on the part of Ann Budge, & her Brother in law, online on a public forum.

You've not only gotten yourself into potential defamation problems, but your mate too. Very, very slippery slope. Especially when you have no legal, or factual basis on which to level these claims.

Very silly mistake.

Its generally okay in the eyes of the law if he apologises before noon.

39 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

He can’t even write in proper English .... Mark James ... what’s his surname?

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure we all want be what we were in the 70s

:cornette:

Made me laugh annaw. ?

7 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Judas by the looks of it?

Shanks said no
12 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

"It is sometimes easier to be happy if you don't know everything."     

Alexander Mccall Smith

My conclusion is that those posters who are ranting the most about the Clubs response to recent events all stand in the same area of the ground. They all meet at away games. They all travel together in the main and are very vocal in tarnishing the reputation of our club. 

I don’t understand why Budge or anyone else is expected to praise our support for not behaving like Old Firm. You don’t get praise for behaving like normal civilised human beings, that’s a basic expectation. It does football fans a disservice to suggest otherwise - like most of us are anti-social aresholes when that’s absolutely not the case. 

Our fans have been praised to the moon and back for the last few years, and for good reason. If you really need acknowledgement and a pat on the back, there’s been plenty of it. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
6 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

My conclusion is that those posters who are ranting the most about the Clubs response to recent events all stand in the same area of the ground. They all meet at away games. They all travel together in the main and are very vocal in tarnishing the reputation of our club. 

I stand and I've never sung Hello Hello or threw anything at football matches however I have been known to post the odd roi flag on here to wind up the bigots. Don't know where I fit in to your group.

Well done Ann, if this drives certain types away then all the better, I am sure we can still have an atmosphere without songs about religion and UJ's 

• cosanostra locked this topic