Statement from Budge

kila

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I wouldn't expect perfection. There's no such thing anyway.

Hopefully the club will make the right call as to when the time is right, and hopefully that will be soon due to members of the tiny minority being fairly quickly given the heave-ho or persuaded to change their behaviour for the good of the club.

Certainly, if we get our house in order and visiting fans are not abiding by the same rules, then I expect vigorous debate on here and a lot of noise to be made about it. :) But I feel the club should be given a chance first to get ourselves sorted out and to decide exactly what the rules are going to be (standing, national flags, etc.) which experience over the next few weeks should make more clear.

That's great in theory but in practice, if our fans react to scummy behaviour from opposing fans then they are the ones who suffer.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

livingstonjambo
2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

So we'll charge the away clubs for the damage caused by it will we?

do you mean in the away end? if so we already do. if you mean by sectarianism, we have to rid ourselves of it before do anything else 

Scnorthedinburgh
2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Ok how much of that was pure profit, and how much of that was over bid?

Ever had a mate do a homer for you at mates rate?

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, obua said:

It has been stated by the club on numerous occasions it is over budget.Most people have accepted the situation,also one of the reasons being that we diverted some funds to storm to the top of the league.But sorry I forgot your not here to hijack the thread with talk about the new main stand build.

Well said ?

KingRudi_2012
Just now, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Ok how much of that was pure profit, and how much of that was over bid?

Ever had a mate do a homer for you at mates rate?

No idea mate.

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

do you mean in the away end? if so we already do. if you mean by sectarianism, we have to rid ourselves of it before do anything else 

Why?

3 hours ago, amadjambo said:

If Lennon had not been hit by a coin we would have received a fraction of the criticism, and a tiny fraction at that. 

Can,t remember wee Jimmy getting involved in all the other coin throwing incidents,from other stadiums,must be a vote winner,to protect wee Lenny

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

As I've said, I think that was due to not wanting to be accused of whataboutery, combined with wanting to get our own house in reasonable order first.

Hopefully we will be turning our attentions to visiting fans soon, and if we don't then I expect a lot of noise to be made about the fact that we haven't.

Hearts and Ann Budge have had ample opportunity to turn their attentions to the behaviour of fans frequenting the School end. Doing so during a period where Hearts fans were behaving in the stadium and largely being praised for their contribution to the club.

It didn’t happen.

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, livingstonjambo said:

why not? 

Why do we have to wait until we're absolutely squeaky clean before calling out sectarianism from the away fans?

1 minute ago, El Diez said:

Hearts and Ann Budge have had ample opportunity to turn their attentions to the behaviour of fans frequenting the School end. Doing so during a period where Hearts fans were behaving in the stadium and largely being praised for their contribution to the club.

It didn’t happen.

Better late than never.

KingRudi_2012
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Would you, or your mate, who despite taking financial profit from Hearts & Ann Budge in particular, wish to retract said defamatory accusations? In light of documented records on the subject?

What accusations were made?

2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

It didn’t happen.

our own football authorities should be doing that

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, El Diez said:

It didn’t happen.

Folk on here defend her to the hilt. You will get no explanation as to why she chooses to ignore the behavioir of away fans at Tynie.

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Why do we have to wait until we're absolutely squeaky clean before calling out sectarianism from the away fans?

we dont, look at this from 4 years ago, wont suit your position though

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2859570/Celtic-hit-Hearts-supporters-Ann-Budge-s-open-letter-vow-work-rivals-eradicate-bad-fan-behaviour.html

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Who said we do? Just wait until we see how the next few weeks pan out. The battle against visiting fans' behaviour has a different nature to the one against our tiny minority - best not to fight on two fronts at exactly the same time, as Napoleon and others have found out to their cost.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Dino Velvet said:

Because people in glass houses....

In the eyes of Celtic certainly, and Hibs to an extent, we never will be completely clear.

Any criticism will be labelled "sectarian ".

What we need is a clear definition of what that means, if only as interpreted by the club, then we call out everyone on the same criteria. 

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

What accusations were made?

You should know, you made them.

Remember, about someone making "millions" from a £500,000 invoice his company sent, for works on the stand. 

livingstonjambo
2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Folk on here defend her to the hilt. You will get no explanation as to why she chooses to ignore the behavioir of away fans at Tynie.

pish yet again, look at this from years ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2859570/Celtic-hit-Hearts-supporters-Ann-Budge-s-open-letter-vow-work-rivals-eradicate-bad-fan-behaviour.html

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, redjambo said:

Who said we do? Just wait until we see how the next few weeks pan out. The battle against visiting fans' behaviour has a different nature to the one against our tiny minority - best not to fight on two fronts at exactly the same time, as Napoleon and others have found out to their cost.

Who said we do?

You've just suggested precisely that.

3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Folk on here defend her to the hilt. You will get no explanation as to why she chooses to ignore the behavior of away fans at Tynie.

Another lie from you.

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

You should know, you made them.

Remember, about someone making "millions" from a £500,000 invoice his company sent, for works on the stand. 

You have lost track.

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

Who said we do?

You've just suggested precisely that.

"absolutely squeaky clean"?

As it is almost the season: Oh no I haven't.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

our own football authorities should be doing that

They will probably go with the old adage that the old squirm are only following their " traditions" and that makes it all right!

KingRudi_2012
5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Good effort.

E48AF46B-51E5-4370-BAA8-B773867BA927.jpeg.c8d76ef365dc4f878f2a35bf5c9bbc0d.jpeg

Obama was one of the biggest war cheat fraudsers going so I can see you can spot one.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, livingstonjambo said:

Again the original story was Ann having a go at both sets of fans.

Celtic fans find this objectionable because they do no wrong.

Going forward when do we ever hit the point that we're so innocent we can possibly criticise?

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Are you denying it now? 

That people profited to the tune of millions from our new stand? Na I am not.

16 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I doubt we will ever reach that stage sadly.

We won't if people like you get their way.

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

That people profited to the tune of millions from our new stand? Na I am not.

Who then?

1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Again the original story was Ann having a go at both sets of fans.

Celtic fans find this objectionable because they do no wrong.

Going forward when do we ever hit the point that we're so innocent we can possibly criticise?

when we get rid if the scum that shouldn't be in the stands. Does this include swearing or occasionally standing up? Naw.

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

Well at least this thread has brought another troll out of the woods, I suspect he will not last long. 

Play the ball not the man.

Far too easy to aim accusations rather than discuss the point.

Christ, Mothy tried to nail him with an FOH question and got clamped so resorted to similar.

Sad times.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

when we get rid if the scum that shouldn't be in the stands. Does this include swearing or occasionally standing up? Naw.

Who said it did?

But one wrong shout and we'll be falling over ourselves to apologise. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
10 minutes ago, redjambo said:

In 3 weeks time, the Orcs come calling. If our fans were so sectarian then they'll be joining the choruses, won't they? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

In 3 weeks time, the Orcs come calling. If our fans were so sectarian then they'll be joining the choruses, won't they? :rolleyes:

I'm sure you remember when that used to happen Geoff. 

livingstonjambo
7 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Well at least this thread has brought another troll out of the woods, I suspect he will not last long. 

should have been launched 24 hours ago

KingRudi_2012
Just now, El Diez said:

Play the ball not the man.

Far too easy to aim accusations rather than discuss the point.

Christ, Mothy tried to nail him with an FOH question and got clamped so resorted to similar.

Sad times.

It is why KB is unable to act a a platform for a wider spectrum of our support. Bullying and silencing of different views is widespread and is reflective of the silencing of debate that exists in Scotland at the moment.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I'm sure you remember when that used to happen Geoff. 

I actually don't.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It's going to be an interesting match in many ways, Geoff. When the Rangers fans sing their sectarian songs, as they will undoubtedly do, then our fans will have every right to loudly take our club to task if we do nothing about it. The club has three weeks to decide how it is going to approach the matter. Could it mark the advent of a new no-nonsense approach to OF fans?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, redjambo said:

It's going to be an interesting match in many ways, Geoff. When the Rangers fans sing their sectarian songs, as they will undoubtedly do, then our fans will have every right to loudly take our club to task if we do nothing about it. The club has three weeks to decide how it is going to approach the matter. Could it mark the advent of a new no-nonsense approach to OF fans?

I'd like to hope so but I can see a 3 monkeys stance being adopted.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

It is why KB is unable to act a a platform for a wider spectrum of our support. Bullying and silencing of different views is widespread and is reflective of the silencing of debate that exists in Scotland at the moment.

You were getting called out for bullshit you aired on the stand. That isn't bullying.

• cosanostra locked this topic