Statement from Budge

kila

Geoff Kilpatrick
4 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

complete and utter horse sh!t. There were always ways to avoid moving to Murrayfield 15-20 years ago. But to try to compare that to throwing coins, flares, smoke bombs at the derby after the semi final where shops were robbed and there was fighting in the stands and disorder in the street is poor. 

Really?

That's why we turned to a Lithuanian-Russian to save us then? :glorious:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

complete and utter horse sh!t. There were always ways to avoid moving to Murrayfield 15-20 years ago. But to try to compare that to throwing coins, flares, smoke bombs at the derby after the semi final where shops were robbed and there was fighting in the stands and disorder in the street is poor. 

I'm not comparing the two other than pointing out the flaws in the "our owner is always right" argument, which is remarkably prevalent on here.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, SUTOL said:

Yes, but it's not as if she's trying to spread lies about people profiteering from construction work on the stand.

She has done very well out of Hearts. The myth that she is doing us a favour has to be debunked. I long for the day us fans take control of our club.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

So you expect them to take notice but it's their choice?

If we're on a crusade to make Tynecastle the most family friendly stadium in Scotland should we not be doing our bit for the other club's fans too?

As for your last jibe, Likewise. 

This is the key point. Unless there is zero tolerance of unacceptable behaviour by away fans based on these rules, the hard of thinking in our support will cry outrage and resort to the lowest common denominator.

8 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Exactly. The fans of Hearts are bigger than one individual as has been proven time after time. Budge's views are in no way reflective of the views of the fanbase at large.

Really? Most Hearts fans sit during the match, most don't sing sectarian songs, most don't throw pyrotechnics or coins. I think she will have the majority on her side. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

She has done very well out of Hearts. The myth that she is doing us a favour has to be debunked. I long for the day us fans take control of our club.

I don't. The idea of arseholes having a bigger say than now is quite concerning.

And who said Ann Budge was doing us a "favour". She saved the club because she wanted to and had a vision of how she could turn things around. By and large, she has done that.

Some of the reactions on this thread are making it fairly obvious why we have a problem in the first place.

I don’t feel strongly about the standing issue and I would prefer for it not to have been made a part of the statement, but otherwise it’s really difficult to see what a reasonable person could object to.

As for the ‘it’s no fair unless it’s away supporters too’ - come on. We need to be realistic about this. A few dozen morons in the Hearts end is a manageable problem. You don’t have to get them all - throw out a dozen of them each game, and eventually the message will get across. Once we have dealt with that problem, THEN we can tackle away fans, either by the same method or by reducing their allocation in response to offensive behaviour, and the media won’t be able to criticise us for trying to deflect attention away from our own fans. You clean up your own house before you start criticising the cleanliness of other people’s.

As for the rancid ‘she just wants to sit in a library’ chat - there is a section of our support who are the reason we can’t have nice things right now. Direct your anger at them and not at the person trying to fix it.

number witheld
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Really? Most Hearts fans sit during the match, most don't sing sectarian songs, most don't throw pyrotechnics or coins. I think she will have the majority on her side. 

I’d guess it’s maybe 90% supportive of the statement on here? 

3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

You were saying certain individuals profited to the tune of several million mind. You standing by that?

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Where's you been? Self-imposed exile?

Good to have one of the old guard back.

No. 8 week ban.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, davemclaren said:

At away games a lot of fans stand and a lot of fans sing Hello Hello with our without the sectarian lyrics. The minority through coins and pyro.

What the majority disagree with is the way she is portraying our support. She should be standing up for us given the barrage of attacks we have faced since the derby. Instead she is on the side of the haters. 

13 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

As is "The club don't like it so argument over" attitude of others.

With that position 15 odd years ago we'd now be at Murrayfield. 

The difference being that every Hearts fan disagreed with that decision, the statement here seems to be disagreed by morons in all honesty.

It's not sectarianism or violence that creates an atmosphere as some on here like to believe.

KingRudi_2012
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't. The idea of arseholes having a bigger say than now is quite concerning.

And who said Ann Budge was doing us a "favour". She saved the club because she wanted to and had a vision of how she could turn things around. By and large, she has done that.

She saved the club and has grown the business. 

Her attacks on our support are uncalled for and are not replicated by other clubs who have worse behaving fans.

Edited by KingRudi_2012

number witheld

At away games a lot of fans stand and a lot of fans sing Hello Hello with our without the sectarian lyrics. The minority through coins and pyro.

What the majority disagree with is the way she is portraying our support. She should be standing up for us given the barrage of attacks we have faced since the derby. Instead she is on the side of the haters. 

She’s not. She’s having a go at a minority. The majority behave appropriately. 

I see Boca Juniors are playing River Plate in the final of the Copa Libertadores for the first time in 58 years....should be interesting viewing!! Makes things in Section N seem somewhat irrelevant ?

No away fans allowed at either game! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/09/boca-juniors-river-plate-copa-libertadores-final-bitter-argentinian-rivals

number witheld

Her attacks on our support are uncalled for and are not replicated by other clubs who have worse behaving fans.

She’s attacking the idiots. Not the decent fans. 

KingRudi_2012
21 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ok, after reading this thread I’m out. Sorry Spencer, deja vu doesn’t do it for me. I thought we had heard the last of you nine months ago. 

I am not Spencer.

10 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Is that why you are trying to spread lies? 

KingRudi_2012
7 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You were saying certain individuals profited to the tune of several million mind. You standing by that?

Research who made the most money from the stand and you might achieve some clairty as to her involvement.

Edited by KingRudi_2012

4 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

If you are an example of ‘us fans’ then I’ll stick with AB, thanks all the same. She is the best thing to have happened to Hearts in 30 years. She didn’t have to put up the cash to buy the club - the fact that she will get it back eventually doesn’t change the fact that she helped the club out of a hole.

You don’t have to agree with everything she says, but she does deserve more respect than you give her.

Oh, and by the way, ‘fan ownership’ doesn’t mean that any numpty with a pledge gets a say in the boardroom. The club will still need a CEO and a management team. The fans will retain the power to hire and fire the CEO via their representatives, but they will not have total control (this would be disastrous). I’d say AB will be a shoo-in to remain CEO for as long as she wants...

She's not attacking me. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

Her "attacks" would be unnecessary if those supporters didn't act like knobends.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And 99% of Hearts fans inside Tynecastle witness our players being assaulted and hear sectarian bile from the away end.

Yet hear nothing about it from our owner.

I think it’s fair to assume that amongst the majority you speak of, who do indeed behave, there might be some not entirely happy with the content of today’s statement.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, El Diez said:

And 99% of Hearts fans inside Tynecastle witness our players being assaulted and hear sectarian bile from the away end.

I think it’s fair to assume that amongst the majority you speak of, who do indeed behave, there might be some not entirely happy with the content of today’s statement.

I actually think most of our support can appreciate nuance, i.e. they agree with the steps she has outlined on our support whilst still wanting equanimity to be applied to visiting supporters.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

She's not attacking me. 

Our club is under attack from the media and our owner has weighed in to have a go. Contrast that to Hibs whose fans behaviour was worse on the night and they have somehow ended up being portrayed as the victims.

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I doubt the majority disagree with anything she has said at all

2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Research who made the most money from the stand and you might achieve some clairty as to her involvement.

She is the club CEO,And you are surprised she is involved in a major building project.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, KingRudi_2012 said:

Our club is under attack from the media and our owner has weighed in to have a go. Contrast that to Hibs whose fans behaviour was worse on the night and they have somehow ended up being portrayed as the victims.

Have they? The one person claiming "victimhood" is Bitter Lemon himself. He's been the story, not the other incidents.

3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Depends how much you want the scum in our own support removed. You see, we are attached to Hearts. I really couldn't give a flying **** how other fans portray themselves.

Edited by Riccarton3

MacDonald Jardine
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Really? :lol:

****. Didn't think you ever did summat worthy of that. Regardless of our past postings.

I might have been off that day mind...

Won't go into detail but it was one comment describing Celtic. 

Still on 8 warning points. 

MacDonald Jardine
9 minutes ago, Barack said:

Really? :lol:

****. Didn't think you ever did summat worthy of that. Regardless of our past postings.

I might have been off that day 

Edited by MacDonald Jardine
Double post

3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

It is frustrating but I imagine that most can understand there are challenges with that and it would help if we had our own house in order first. 

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, obua said:

She is the club CEO,And you are surprised she is involved in a major building project.

Just because she is the CEO does not mean she does not have accountability to the fans regarding who profits from the stand. 

5 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

This is the key point. Unless there is zero tolerance of unacceptable behaviour by away fans based on these rules, the hard of thinking in our support will cry outrage and resort to the lowest common denominator.

Exactly ... no question she is doing the right thing with our own idiot minority but she has to include all fans in the stadium otherwise if the away fans are left alone to sing their crap and act like morons everytime they enter the stadium this will just act as provocation and incitement to our own idiot fans and create further tension .. which is what we are trying to stop 

. if we are going to sort this problem once and for all AB should be lettering all clubs and saying that she will report away fan offenders to their respective clubs and they also should issue stadium bans ... that way all who are involved in 'this crap get the message .. as well as outback own supporters 

we have a hard core element but this is a Society problem where inclusion of punishment, away fans included, is the only way we will ever see any progress 

with everything that is being done currently it's pipe dreams to even say that we will have the most family friendly stadium in Scotland if we continue with no policy against away fans  .... vile hatred emirates from a hard core of our support but it also comes from the away end and has done for as many years as I can remember 

sorry if I don't sound confident our approach to the away support will change anytime soon 

livingstonjambo

Just because she is the CEO does not mean she does not have accountability to the fans regarding who profits from the stand. 

like your mate that made millions from the 500k invoice?

You've sill not told us how someone made "millions" from his company invoicing £500,000. And you also claim the company made £500,000 as well.

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Have they? The one person claiming "victimhood" is Bitter Lemon himself. He's been the story, not the other incidents.

The Zlamal incident was brushed under the carpet as 'Hearts keeper claims he was hit by a Hibs fan'. Nicola Sturgeon even had a go at us in the Scottish Parliament and the Lennon coin incident was all over the national press.

She is accountable to the board but I’m sure if u email her you will get a detailed set of accounts.

5 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Let's face it, there are some horrible scum out there who attach themselves to our club, you know the type on Twitter, profile plastered with a certain flag and their Bio lauding their support for UKIP / BREXIT / TOMMY ROBINSON, re-tweeting racist pish, Northern Irish pish yada yada yada, this has to be be the prime focus of Budge to finally rid ourselves of them. They are at the root of most of the issues she talks about, particularly sectarianism and racism, and some of them aren't kids either.

Right to the heart of the matter.   Pardon the pun ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It is frustrating but I imagine that most can understand there are challenges with that and it would help if we had our own house in order first. 

That's wimping out though to say it is "too hard" to police away fans. It basically sends out a signal that mob rule wins.

11 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

She is taking measures against a minority in our support who are adversely affecting the club with their antisocial behaviour.

But you knew that.

You're doing very well by the way. If I were a mod I would have launched you a long while ago, but here you still are. Impressive trolling. :)

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

She's not attacking me. 

Unless you chucked the coin Dave? Seems it may have come from the posh seats?

livingstonjambo

The Zlamal incident was brushed under the carpet as 'Hearts keeper claims he was hit by a Hibs fan'. Nicola Sturgeon even had a go at us in the Scottish Parliament and the Lennon coin incident was all over the national press.

probably because that guy has been arrested and the club cant comment on an ongoing police investigation

MacDonald Jardine

The whole thing has become pathetic. 

By all means look at sectarianism. 

By all means hammer people who throw objects.

But yet again it's all about poor wee Lennon. 

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

like your mate that made millions from the 500k invoice?

He won that contract through competitve tender unlike some other companies involved in the build.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

You just made my point.

pharmaceutical01
2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Right to the heart of the matter.   Pardon the pu?

Absolutely spot on. We need to get rid before we can comment/crackdown on any away support from the uglies 

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Depends how much you want the scum in our own support removed. You see, we are attached to Hearts. Ireally couldn't give a flying **** how other fans portray themselves.

I care about our players being assaulted and our stadium being damaged.

There are a couple of songs when Celtic visit that I don’t want to listen to either.

Point being, Mrs Budge’s concern should be the welfare and behaviour of every player, supporter, official and employee inside Tynecastle. 

Today’s statement has proven it isn’t. 

6 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Won't go into detail but it was one comment describing Celtic.  

Still on 8 warning points. 

Quelle suprise. :D  I hope you profited well from your time off.

livingstonjambo

He won that contract through competitve tender unlike some other companies involved in the build.

did he still make millions though or are you talking pish?

• cosanostra locked this topic