Statement from Budge

kila

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, obua said:

You probably should have taken this stance a bit earlier before you started digging.

Whatever? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

Not enough emphasis on the bigotry issue in the statement for me but then the club has never really wanted to shout loudly and admit we have a problem. We just make the same general comment most clubs would make.

I think smoke bombs and standing are down the list of priorities.

When you can't even escape it in the Tynie Arms it's sad times....

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Her statement paints our support in a light that is not reflective of the reality of what actually goes on at games.

So no coins have been thrown, no smoke bombs/flares have been lit or thrown, no sectarian songs have been sung? All is rosy in the garden?

In Ann's own words, "I would stress once again that this is a problem created by a tiny minority of supporters".

It is your interpretation of her statement that is not reflective of reality. It is of course another question as to why that is the case. The fact that you have been blasting like a scattergun at Ann, including these ludicrously changing claims on the main stand contracts, show me that you have an obvious agenda. This media statement has just been a convenient excuse for you to start sounding off - you must think that all your Christmases have come at once.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I have read the statement a couple of times.  This was a case of 'less is more'.  I think AB said a bit more than she needed to. 

Apart from that, my main criticism is that whoever typed it up needs to learn how to use commas, and when not to use them.

MacDonald Jardine
1 minute ago, number witheld said:

I dunno what that point is but is doesn’t come after someone has hit Lennon with a coin

Again that is one person.

That's really my point. In a crowd there will always be the odd individual who can't behave.

"In that context "getting our own house in order before we criticise others" means what exactly?

8 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Exactly. Budge will not do that though as standing and sectarianism is okay as long as it does not come from Hearts fans. 

There has been some crackers posts on here in the last few days but that takes the biscuit.

?

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Unless there was a wee bit of spin put on it???

I was thinking about that and top spin might work, but would be very difficult to contort the fingers and hand/wrist to get enough spin to make it hit the target and also go the distance. And back spin would probably mean the 'coin' would drop more vertically and probably hit the targets jacket rather than the intended jaw.

:whistling:

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

I think it does. As you've insinuated a fair bit on the part of Ann Budge, & her Brother in law, online on a public forum.

You've not only gotten yourself into potential defamation problems, but your mate too. Very, very slippery slope. Especially when you have no legal, or factual basis on which to level these claims.

Very silly mistake.

I have no idea who the brother in law of Budge is. 

Hearts fans deserve some clarity as to the main contractors in the new stand build.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, luckydug said:

There has been some crackers posts on here in the last few days but that takes the biscuit.

?

True though. Happy to increase the OF allocation but at the same time villify Hearts fans who are paying her to the tune of 120k every month.

4 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

The media focussed on us as it had a sectarian slant as brought up by Lennon. It was a convenient attempt to deflect away from the sectarianism of the OF. 

Coins are thrown from fans at clubs across the country and are never met with this reaction.

I could not care less what the media say. You realise Hearts doing well sticks it right up the Weegie media as they cannot stand us. Pandering to them is futile as they will only like us when we are rubbish and of no threat to the OF.

If you actually think that our own CEO trying to tackle a problem that is manifestly present in our own support is ‘pandering to the media’, then you are clearly either part of the problem, or completely lacking in anything resembling insight.

I actually think you are correct in that I think the media over-reports sectarian behaviour at Hearts because it deflects attention away from the much larger issues at the OF. However, if we want this stop then, in the name of all that’s holy, we have to stop giving them ammunition with which to do it.

Geoff Kilpatrick
6 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

It’s not wimping out. It’s being pragmatic. The club can’t start by taking on 3500 poisonous Celtic or Sevco fans. Not only would it be an enormous task, imagine the howls of outrage from the Glasgow-centric media that we chose to go after away fans, after all the recent coverage of our own bad behaviour. We would be accused of the worst kind of whataboutery. It wouldn’t be fair, but it would happen nonetheless.

The problem in the Hearts end is a manageable one. If we start by dealing with that, and show that we mean business and make a success of it, then we will be in a relatively strong position to tackle the away end. For practical reasons, though, it would be best to start by saying we will cut allocations if unacceptable behaviour continues, then by actually cutting the allocations, and then by throwing people out.

The one thing that probably is enforceable would be a flag ban throughout the stadium, merely because it’s easy to identify the people with the flags.

Pragmatism can start the other way. We say past experience is unacceptable and we offer one section with full details of each attendee. If they behave, they get more, with the same conditions attached. If we show we can take action on the hordes who attend, that also sends a message to our neds that we are serious about this crackdown.

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

So no coins have been thrown, no smoke bombs/flares have been lit or thrown, no sectarian songs have been sung? All is rosy in the garden?

In Ann's own words, "I would stress once again that this is a problem created by a tiny minority of supporters".

It is your interpretation of her statement that is not reflective of reality. It is of course another question as to why that is the case. The fact that you have been blasting like a scattergun at Ann, including these ludicrously changing claims on the main stand contracts, show me that you have an obvious agenda. This media statement has just been a convenient excuse for you to start sounding off - you must think that all your Christmases have come at once.

No I think the point is we accept every small bit of criticism of our own support but choose not to mention the behaviour of others at all.

Edited by MacDonald Jardine

number witheld
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

This can’t be said enough. A tiny majority is who this is aimed at.

13 minutes ago, Jodami said:

There are a whole host of songs I don't want to hear when the beggars and Sevco come to town. The issue is its difficult to call out their behaviour if there's a perception we have our own problems that we are ignoring. If we clear up the nonsense in our own support then it would be fantastic to hear the club publicly highlighting the sectarian bile spewed by away fans. That should be a logical next step. 

When we played Rangers in the Championship, sectarian songs were sung and the stadium was damaged.

When we played Celtic at Tynecastle (Gomis was sent off), sectarian songs were sung and the stadium was damaged.

Our fans on both occasions were by and large immaculately behaved.

Did I miss the highlighting of misbehaviour from Mrs Budge afterwards?

’whataboutery’

’get our own house in order’

Absolute bullshit.

If they’re acting like scum, call them out as scum.

We didn’t then and history tells us she won’t regardless.

Edited by El Diez

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

I think it does. As you've insinuated a fair bit on the part of Ann Budge, & her Brother in law, online on a public forum.

You've not only gotten yourself into potential defamation problems, but your mate too. Very, very slippery slope. Especially when you have no legal, or factual basis on which to level these claims.

Very silly mistake.

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

I was thinking about that and top spin might work, but would be very difficult to contort the fingers and hand/wrist to get enough spin to make it hit the target and also go the distance. And back spin would probably mean the 'coin' would drop more vertically and probably hit the targets jacket rather than the intended jaw.

:whistling:

I thought you were talking about cricket.....then I got confused ?

2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I have no idea who the brother in law of Budge is. 

Hearts fans deserve some clarity as to the main contractors in the new stand build.

I think we both know he meant her brother,but your not here to talk about the new stand build.

MacDonald Jardine
2 minutes ago, number witheld said:

This can’t be said enough. A tiny majority is who this is aimed at.

I presume you mean minority.

Edited by MacDonald Jardine
Being a smartass but ****ing it up

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, Barack said:

It is quite clear.

Silly, silly boy. Quite a pickle you've created for yourself. Hide your IP address, would be a good start...

This is a free country bud and all I am advocating is clarity is given as to who profitted from the new stand and whether competitive tendering took place. 

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, obua said:

One from a family of hibees correct ,without her we wouldn’t be here listening to your petty gripes.

Was at schòol with her lad nice guy.

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, obua said:

I think we both know he meant her brother,but your not here to talk about the new stand build.

You are making up stuff bud. Keep the thread on track.

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

It is quite clear.

Silly, silly boy. Quite a pickle you've created for yourself. Hide your IP address, would be a good start...

Well i never.

5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

If you actually think that our own CEO trying to tackle a problem that is manifestly present in our own support is ‘pandering to the media’, then you are clearly either part of the problem, or completely lacking in anything resembling insight.

I actually think you are correct in that I think the media over-reports sectarian behaviour at Hearts because it deflects attention away from the much larger issues at the OF. However, if we want this stop then, in the name of all that’s holy, we have to stop giving them ammunition with which to do it.

I think that over reporting is to highlight it as a scotland wide issue - like a comfort blanket so as not to feel any need to delve into the glasgow scene too closely should anything kick off with them over and above the usual

Edited by Riccarton3

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Yes he could, and others could stop with the ganging up. 

:spoton:

livingstonjambo
11 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Are away teams charged for standing and sectarianism? Or advocations of ethnic cleansing such as 'Get the Brits out now'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2859570/Celtic-hit-Hearts-supporters-Ann-Budge-s-open-letter-vow-work-rivals-eradicate-bad-fan-behaviour.html

One of her first 'statements'

MacDonald Jardine
17 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

you are talking pish yet again, any damage in the roseburn end is charged to the away team, that is fact. 

How does sectarianism damage the away end?

5 minutes ago, El Diez said:

When we played Rangers in the Championship, sectarian songs were sung and the stadium was damaged.

When we played Celtic at Tynecastle (Gomes was sent off), sectarian songs were sung and the stadium was damaged.

Our fans on both occasions were by and large immaculately behaved.

Did I miss the highlighting of misbehaviour from Mrs Budge afterwards?

’whataboutery’

’get our own house in order’

Absolute bullshit.

If they’re acting like scum, call them out as scum.

We didn’t then and history tells us she won’t regardless.

I agree with you, the club should have called them out on those occasions. I would hope when we take over there will be absolutely no hesitation in calling them out on every occasion. 

If getting your house in order is restating the non sectarian ethos of the club and stopping idiots throwing fireworks then I am struggling to see how that is not a good thing. 

Edited by Jodami

You are making up stuff bud. Keep the thread on track.

I didn’tmake anything up,you made accusations and are now desperately trying to backtrack.

livingstonjambo
1 minute ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

How does sectarianism damage the away end?

the same way it does the home.

KingRudi_2012
Just now, obua said:

I didn’tmake anything up,you made accusations and are now desperately trying to backtrack.

Our new stand is well over budget, rising in cost to this day and is not expected to be completed for at least another year. If this is acceptable to you then hell mend you. I expect more from my club and some clarity in terms of timescales and the reasons behind the delay.

6 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

This is a free country bud and all I am advocating is clarity is given as to who profitted from the new stand and whether competitive tendering took place. 

Is this a lie? 

image.thumb.png.acb4420c693ac9e48370f66d2dd345be.png

Extract from the accounts. 

3 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Prospective sponsors and investors care how we are percieved. 

Is that not enough in itself to rid ourselves of the negative image, never mind the countless other reasons?

3 hours ago, Oliver Twist said:

Absolutely no doubt in my mind :rofl:

How do the Weegie scum manage to get sponsors?

Francis Albert

A lot of ann's statement I agree with. But if we are really going to restrict seats for Hearts fans whille giving up the whole of the Roseburn to the uglies then she has lost me. The very first step in improving the atmosphere and family friendly reputation of Tynie should be to restrict OF fans to one or at most two sections of the Roseburn. 

15 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

I kind of get that but realistically you'll never clean up a football crowd to the point where everything is beyond criticism. 

Who decides when we're clean enough to ask questions about others,

I wouldn't expect perfection. There's no such thing anyway.

Hopefully the club will make the right call as to when the time is right, and hopefully that will be soon due to members of the tiny minority being fairly quickly given the heave-ho or persuaded to change their behaviour for the good of the club.

Certainly, if we get our house in order and visiting fans are not abiding by the same rules, then I expect vigorous debate on here and a lot of noise to be made about it. :) But I feel the club should be given a chance first to get ourselves sorted out and to decide exactly what the rules are going to be (standing, national flags, etc.) which experience over the next few weeks should make more clear.

KingRudi_2012
10 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

She is trying to tackle a societal issue which the governemnt have no desire to tackle. By raising the issue in relation to our fans simply paints our fans in a terrible light.

Why are we drawing attention to a small number of sectarian fans? I just don't get it.

MacDonald Jardine
4 minutes ago, livingstonjambo said:

the same way it does the home.

So we'll charge the away clubs for the damage caused by it will we?

Scnorthedinburgh
5 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Ok

Tendering can be good, but what form?

Scottish parliament was tendered went a bit over budget.

Was there a finished spec for the stand for companies to tender on, open book all bidding for work to the same finish

If we had a full tender process the stand would not have been started in time.

It would have cost more as hearts would have had to build in penalty clauses if we could not open on time, and bidders take that into account in their tender.

I think it's quite remarkable it was built with so little pain.

1 minute ago, hellokello said:

Mostly due to the size of the support and probably to a lesser extent because they trade on their heritage and some of their sponsors may be attracted to that. But mostly due to the size of their support.

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

Is this a lie? 

image.thumb.png.acb4420c693ac9e48370f66d2dd345be.png

Extract from the accounts. 

Thanks for sharing.

number witheld
3 minutes ago, hellokello said:

Fair point. Wonder what save the children think about all the recent press? 

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Lets just not offer OF and Hibs any tickets unless they take responsibility for making sure their supporters adhere to the stadium rules and regulations.

In a nutshell. 

I have absolutely no issue with Budge’s statement with regards our support. But I do have huge reservations if she is suggesting that the Popo are going to be left to ‘deal’ with the supports of Celtic, Hibs and Rangers. That’s a complete cop out and frankly is neither acceptable nor good enough. Taking a stance like this has actually given her an opportunity to make positive change. She should announce that Hearts are reducing the allocations for the games against Rangers and Celtic (I would give Hibs the full allocation for now given we get a similar allocation at their hovel) until further notice. Give them 2 sections and advise that if there are any issues or damage at their next fixtures at Tynecastle this will be reduced further to 1 section. Then rally the walk up Hearts fans to buy the tickets! It’s my understanding we can’t offer the seats at a cheaper rate to our own fans in the same stand so the easy way around that is give 50% discount to a future category B game which most will then utilise. This is an opportunity for her to make a real stand but it has to be all in and not just half measures.

Edited by magicTs

livingstonjambo

She is trying to tackle a societal issue which the governemnt have no desire to tackle. By raising the issue in relation to our fans simply paints our fans in a terrible light.

Why are we drawing attention to a small number of sectarian fans? I just don't get it.

possibly in the hope that we end up with zero sectarian fans...... are you that simple that you cant even comprehend that?

13 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

No I think the point is we accept every small bit of criticism of our own support but choose not to mention the behaviour of others at all.

As I've said, I think that was due to not wanting to be accused of whataboutery, combined with wanting to get our own house in reasonable order first.

Hopefully we will be turning our attentions to visiting fans soon, and if we don't then I expect a lot of noise to be made about the fact that we haven't.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

A lot of ann's statement I agree with. But if we are really going to restrict seats for Hearts fans whille giving up the whole of the Roseburn to the uglies then she has lost me. The very first step in improving the atmosphere and family friendly reputation of Tynie should be to restrict OF fans to one or at most two sections of the Roseburn. 

Agreed

Whilst also removing the 1st row or two of tickets to teams whose fans like to assault Hearts players.

Our new stand is well over budget, rising in cost to this day and is not expected to be completed for at least another year. If this is acceptable to you then hell mend you. I expect more from my club and some clarity in terms of timescales and the reasons behind the delay.

It has been stated by the club on numerous occasions it is over budget.Most people have accepted the situation,also one of the reasons being that we diverted some funds to storm to the top of the league.But sorry I forgot your not here to hijack the thread with talk about the new main stand build.

Thanks for sharing.

Doesn't tie in with your accusations and lies though does it.

you've got to lance a festering boil

KingRudi_2012
Just now, livingstonjambo said:

possibly in the hope that we end up with zero sectarian fans...... are you that simple that you cant even comprehend that?

I doubt we will ever reach that stage sadly.

• cosanostra locked this topic