Neil Lennon total embarrassment ( merged )

NB GIN

3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yip, it was clear as day on the TV, they even slowed it down so as everyone could see it.

Will happily admit if wrong however what i saw was the coin hit his chest.

Not taking anything away from the fact that SOMETHING was thrown however, just thinking his reaction (to what I saw) was falling on the ground as if it by a missile. 

We will see in the days to come.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ...a bit disco

• Thomaso

• Victorian

• Selkirkhmfc1874

We all surely know how this will be reported and discussed on in the media.    Lennon's behaviour will be largely ignored,   by way of utter stupidity and by way of deliberate and convenient ignorance.    That is the way it will play out.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Whoever threw the coin deserves a lifetime ban

its most unfortunate because it will allow Lennon to play the victim card and not get called out for his embarrassing goading of the home end. Something he does way too often. As Gary Caldwell, a former

teammate of Lennons, points out there is a different standard expected of

professionals. And that doesn’t involve running on the pitch like a helicopter or like Lennon was tonight. And before someone says oh but he was getting abused for 90 minutes, firstly again professionals have higher standards than the punters and secondly you don’t see Levein reacting like that in derbies despite being called “a sad Jambo *******” “Harry Potter” “Harry poofter” and “an effing Penis” by hibs fans 

He incited the crowd but it's football.  You can argue he gets paid a decent wedge and is in a privileged position and therefore deserves what he gets.

However in a civilised society nobody should be assaulted doing their job.

They guy is a nob but surely riling up the opposition whether a manger or player is all part of the job - we do it - they do it and that's what makes it exciting otherwise it would be boring.

I do not like the guy in the slightest but any arsehole that turns to throwing a coin deserves to be banned.  The majority of people dont have that reaction - does that not say something about that "special individual" that done it??

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The embarrassment is any poster on this thread even trying to blame Lennon

The op should be ashamed for starting this thread

If Lennon doesn't goad the fans does the incident happen? 

Lennon was doing one thing and one thing only:

Buying his team an extra minute. We gave him an excuse to do it and shouldn’t fall for his ridiculous goading. In the same way Bartley was killing time 5 minutes before by claiming injury.

Lennon should not have been hit by anything, regardless of provocation, but he is a calculating manager that will do anything to guarantee his team gets the result he wants. 

We we end up the bad guys in all of this.

2 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Sorry but in what way was I putting forward ANY mitigation?     I'm able to separate and comment on 1) the behaviour of the idiot who throw the coin and 2) the behaviour of a football manager who was goading the crowd and at the very least being unprofessional.  If Levein behaved in this way I would be embarrassed. My view is that it out if order.

If you say someone has been "goaded", then I would read that as a mitigation. 

Lennon went down quicker than a Hibs fan on his sister after a faint.

The "coin" or whatever it was hit his chest. If it hit him in the face i would have left a mark of some sort. It didn't because it hit him in the chest.

Not excusing the pesin who threw it. His reaction was pathetic.

Just now, jamboj said:

If you say someone has been "goaded", then I would read that as a mitigation. 

That's why context matters when reading a comment.

Just now, jamboj said:

I did see the incident, I sit almost directly behind the dug outs, albeit a good few rows back. And, believe it or not, I managed not to throw anything at him. And, I also noticed no one in the crowd get hurt by the gesture, in any way at all. 

Yeah, most normal folk wouldn't launch anything. Anyway, we disagree on Lennons actions, we'll be going round in circles, with respect I'm bowing out.

Inciting the crowd at the ground where he was assaulted a few years back is not the actions of a man in control. 

I suppose I should be appalled by what happened but I’m past caring about Lennon or hibs, and definitely don’t care what the media or wider football world thinks of us. 

23 minutes ago, Boab1874 said:

Waste of a pound

it was a 2p piece --oops!

Trying to delete

Edited by robroy1874
second thoughts

I actually like it when managers /players interact with the crowd - adds to the atmosphere / rivalry.

That said, they have to know that by doing so, they open themselves up to reactions from certain intellectually challenged fans. As a support we don't have to apologise for the actions of this individual, but he should clearly be barred.

Idiot behaviour by Lennon, but crass stupid and completly unacceptable stuff from who ever threw the coin. Deserves all he gets.

How many times did Stubbs, Mowbray, Butcher, Williamson, Hughes, Mixu, Collins, McLeish, Calderwood, Duffy, Miller etc. get hit by a coin?

Exactly the same number of times they acted in an inflammatory manner.

Excuse the prick who threw the coin? No.

Accept the fact That Lennon is a *****? It’s a yes from me.

57 minutes ago, Luscious Laryea said:

The guy really is a lowlife. Inexcusable throwing a coin at a football game but he really does bring it upon himself.

No other manager in Scotland acts like that.

"Inexcusable" yes it is no need justify it thereafter.

3 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

I actually like it when managers /players interact with the crowd - adds to the atmosphere / rivalry.

That said, they have to know that by doing so, they open themselves up to reactions from certain intellectually challenged fans. As a support we don't have to apologise for the actions of this individual, but he should clearly be barred.

I'm not apologising for him, he can do it himself.

Edit: Sorry, misread your post.

Edited by graygo

They just showed it in slow motion on Sky Sports News and the coin clearly hits his chest.  He then hits the deck holding his ugly ****ing puss.

He's a tosser and deserves everything he gets.

Edited by Le Chat

4 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Lennon went down quicker than a Hibs fan on his sister after a faint.

The "coin" or whatever it was hit his chest. If it hit him in the face i would have left a mark of some sort. It didn't because it hit him in the chest.

Not excusing the pesin who threw it. His reaction was pathetic.

You forgot to mention that he lay flat out for a full minute.

From so far away in the Gorgie end, I genuinely thought he was dead.

i had no idea what was happening.

Throwing coins is a terrible slur on the club and downright dangerous, but to milk it like that? come on!

1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

They just showed it in slow motion on Sky Sports News and the coin clearly hits his chest.  He then hits the deck holding his ugly ****ing puss.

Right again. **** the wee ginger tosspot.

He incited the crowd but it's football.  You can argue he gets paid a decent wedge and is in a privileged position and therefore deserves what he gets.

However in a civilised society nobody should be assaulted doing their job.

They guy is a nob but surely riling up the opposition whether a manger or player is all part of the job - we do it - they do it and that's what makes it exciting otherwise it would be boring.

I do not like the guy in the slightest but any arsehole that turns to throwing a coin deserves to be banned.  The majority of people dont have that reaction - does that not say something about that "special individual" that done it??

Utterly embarrassing ramblings from Lennon post-match.      It is crystal clear that he willfully weaponises his perceived ill treatment.       He continues to be allowed a free pass to indulge in this nonsense.     

Throwing coins is just berserk though.    Dangerous as well.    Hopefully the culprit will soon be bitterly regretting being a moron.

Fozzyonthefence
45 minutes ago, robbo1874 said:

It really doesn't matter where it hit him . We're going to get heavily sanctioned for this. 

**** idiots. 

Dragging the name of our club through the mud.

Will we though?  A Sevco fan hit a linesman on the head with a coin, don’t think they got sanctioned.

What a powder keg Derby! Incredible atmosphere.

Did the coin actually hit Lennon in the face? 

Shameful stuff from the hibs fans chucking coins at pacifist Bobby! 

The Apprentice

I’ve not read the whole thread but I cannot get on board with the whole ‘he brings it on himself’ argument. The guy will be subject to constant abuse throughout the match and has decided to give some back. Yeah, he perhaps was a bit forceful with it but that does not excuse throwing anything at him. Lennon boils my piss too but I’ve never ever felt the need to reach into my pocket and lob something at him, it really is beyond believe that people resort to things like that. 

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What a powder keg Derby! Incredible atmosphere.

Did the coin actually hit Lennon in the face? 

Shameful stuff from the hibs fans chucking coins at pacifist Bobby! 

One of them also punched him in the face.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Governor Tarkin
50 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Football fans are a bit precious. Can dish out abuse non stop for 90 minutes, can't take anything back. 

Lennon's a bit precious.

Can dish out abuse and goad opposition fans, cant take a 10 bob bit to the coupon without rolling around like an injured pansy.

11 minutes ago, Pants Shaton said:

How many times did Stubbs, Mowbray, Butcher, Williamson, Hughes, Mixu, Collins, McLeish, Calderwood, Duffy, Miller etc. get hit by a coin?

Exactly the same number of times they acted in an inflammatory manner.

Excuse the prick who threw the coin? No.

Accept the fact That Lennon is a *****? It’s a yes from me.

That’s where I am too , no need to be facing the fans

7 minutes ago, Peebo said:

Provocative cretin, who threatens women.

**** Neil Lennon, and all who sail in him. 

7 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I'm fully on board with this line of thinking.

He's a horrible wee ***** who goes out of his way looking for trouble, and then cries like a little bitch when he finds it!

Our support may be full of arseholes, that's true, but how many other managers have received treatment like this from us? None. And there's a very good reason for that. 

the jambo poet

A football manager at youth level would never act that way.  Not condoning what happened however if he (Lennon) doesn't react nothing else happens. Dont give me this pish that supporters were goading him etc. He, as a professional, should rise above that. 

You can argue about this until your blue in the face.

Neil lennon is an arsehole we agree on that but he didn't deserve that.  

If that happened to levein at easter road we would be in uproar so the fact is he has been assaulted and people are trying to defend the person that done this is a joke - no place at tynecastle for that behaviour.

Why would normal people with young children encourage their children to support hearts and take them to games to watch aresholes do that?  How do you want the next generation to support the club.

We always talk about the filth from the west but when we are are doing those thing ourselves.......

the jambo poet
2 minutes ago, dukebox said:

If that happened to levein at easter road we would be in uproar so the fact is he has been assaulted and people are trying to defend the person that done this is a joke - no place at tynecastle for that behaviour.

Why would normal people with young children encourage their children to support hearts and take them to games to watch aresholes do that?  How do you want the next generation to support the club.

We always talk about the filth from the west but when we are are doing those thing ourselves.......

It would never happen to Levein as he wouldn't goad the fans. You're argument is futile. 

7 minutes ago, dukebox said:

Wont somebody think of the children! Meh, if a kid saw that they’d be bragging about it at school the next day. 

Glasgow Jambo
10 minutes ago, dukebox said:

Why would normal people with young children encourage their children to support hearts and take them to games to watch aresholes do that

Because I would encourage my child to support HEARTS.... And teach them to be the supporter I am, or you hopefully are, given your 'high horse' stance.... Do you suggest hearts fans encourage their kids to support other clubs, that are sure to have no arseholes in the their support!!!!

Edited by Glasgow Jambo

8 minutes ago, dukebox said:

**** off.

If Lennon behaved like he did on the touch line whilst walking down a high street he’d get a sore jaw. And quite rightly. 

Mans a *****.

15 minutes ago, dukebox said:

‘If it happened to Levein at their shitehole, he’d catch the coin in his teeth, volley it back into the crowd and decapitate the prick who threw it.  Rolling about like a ***** wouldn’t occur to a PHM.

7 minutes ago, Glasgow Jambo said:

Because I would encourage my child to support HEARTS.... And teach them to be the supporter I am, or you hopefully are, given your 'high horse' stance.... Do you suggest hearts fans encourage their kids to support other clubs, that are sure to have no arseholes in the their support!!!!

Believe me I have no high horse stance and I will encourage my 2.5 year old to support hearts.  I know every support has their aresehole support - my old man is from london so iv'e been brought up around a lot of west ham fans (always lived in Edinburgh) - all i'm saying is we can be better than that - neil lennon is a dick but there is no need to chuck coins at him - that is all I'm saying.

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, part_time_jambo said:

That's ok then if it only hit his jacket.

No it’s not ok that it only hit his jacket. The throwing of coins is cowardly.

Pretending  you’ve been shot though to get Hearts in more trouble is also cowardly.

He clearly looked at the coin on the ground and then made his move. He’s a piece of $#!t.

I don’t get wound up by Lennon, unlike many on here, but he does need to act more professionally. It’s the task of a manager to rise above goading from the crowd, not to respond. No one should be chucking coins at him but he should act with more class.

27 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Will we though?  A Sevco fan hit a linesman on the head with a coin, don’t think they got sanctioned.

Fair point! 

I suppose what happens to them should hopefully be equal to whatever happens to us. 

Even then I wouldn't put it past them to treat us differently.